PixelJunk: Monsters ("Indie" Game Review)

Important Note! (2/3/10)
Thanks to my (untimely?) elimination from the Indie Review Tourney, I now have the chance both to get feedback on my submission and to see how far I've developed as a writer/critic. You see, the reason I decided to review PixelJunk: Monsters for the competition and not the more recent PixelJunk: Shooter (or something else entirely) was because I was keen to rewrite what, in retrospect, was a quite awful review.

I first wrote the review back in July of 2008, and it was one of my earliest posts on the forums. It went completely unnoticed. Nobody commented and I received no feedback. But perhaps in the nearly 20 months since, a few people might now have something to say. At the very least, I hope you all agree that the rewrite is better than original.

Fun Fact: My original intention was only to edit the review. Instead, I ended up starting from scratch and rewriting it altogether. Also, nothing has been changed in the first review.

So... who's up for a blast from the past?

Thanks to my (untimely?) elimination from the Indie Review Tourney, I now have the chance both to get feedback on my submission and to see how far I've developed as a writer/critic. You see, the reason I decided to review PixelJunk: Monsters for the competition and not the more recent PixelJunk: Shooter (or something else entirely) was because I was keen to rewrite what, in retrospect, was a quite awful review.

I first wrote the review back in July of 2008, and it was one of my earliest posts on the forums. It went completely unnoticed; nobody commented and I received no feedback. But perhaps in the nearly 20 months since, a few people might now have something to say. At the very least, I hope you all agree that the rewrite is better than original.

No changes have been made to the first review. In the second review, though, two tiny edits were made: PlayStation Network was changed to PlayStation Store in the first paragraph, and an extraneous word was deleted.

Its nice, and well written.

Heh, now that was surely interesting.

The second is an obvious upgrade. The first one wasn't a bad read, but the second one is surely more flowing and uses a wider range of vocabulary. Still, both are good works.

Very well written, I'm considering picking up this game myself now.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here