Bioshock Infinite's Symbolism: How Satire Works

The guys continue their journey through the city in the sky in pursuit of the truth of Columbia's symbolism. There's also some chick we need to find or something.

In this episode we briefly address the controversy surrounding the racist imagery and content in the game, and make a comparison with another great american satire.

If you enjoy, let us know! Advice and criticism is welcome.

Previous video:

Check out more playthroughs, humor and analysis here if you wish.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModestlyProphItic?feature=watch

Good balance of comedy and commentary...and pretty interesting ideas about satire.

You guys tend to invoke conversation and thought rather than just regurgitating facts. I like that, it's rare online. Not sure if it's a spoiler or something, but how far have you gotten now? Do you record in bulk? Just wondering how far into the racism stuff you've gotten. Can't wait to hear more thoughts.

Also, glad the volume's a little more even then last time, I can here the in game dialogue clear when it matters. So...yeah. Make more. :D

SomethingWorse:
Good balance of comedy and commentary...and pretty interesting ideas about satire.

You guys tend to invoke conversation and thought rather than just regurgitating facts. I like that, it's rare online. Not sure if it's a spoiler or something, but how far have you gotten now? Do you record in bulk? Just wondering how far into the racism stuff you've gotten. Can't wait to hear more thoughts.

Also, glad the volume's a little more even then last time, I can here the in game dialogue clear when it matters. So...yeah. Make more. :D

We recorded another episode after this during the same evening. We got to some pretty crazy stuff on the topic of race and that's what most of the episode was about.

And thank you, glad ya like. Thank Corey for the editing on this one.

Dat opening rap.

Was this the first time Corey rapped? Sexy.

And yeah, good analysis. So...does Emcee have a thing for Mark Twain? You talked about him a lot in uhhh....Minecraft I believe?

I also think you missed a voxaphone, but that's alright.

Mark Twain get's banned all the time? News to me. Seriously? Because he has racist characters being racist? I don't get what that even means, why wouldn't you want context...?

So did people make some kind of historic hissy fit about it?

False Nobility:
Mark Twain get's banned all the time? News to me. Seriously? Because he has racist characters being racist? I don't get what that even means, why wouldn't you want context...?

So did people make some kind of historic hissy fit about it?

http://www.bannedbooksweek.org/censorship/bannedbooksthatshapedamerica

First part.

It's one of the most frequently banned in education, particularly high school and middle school. The fact that uninformed people state it 'perpetuates racism' is why people like me exist.

Just to let you know, you're probably my favorite lets-play-ers I know of. Bouth of you are like a sweet mix between JonTron and OanCitizen. It shouldn't work, but it does, as SomethingWorse pointed out. When's the next ep comin' out?

I never even knew Bioshock Infinite got criticism for that stuff. Man people are fucking dumb. The phrase that sticks out there was "How dare you depict things the way they actually were". How else is satire supposed to work? I actually thought of Blazing Saddles before Twain, but I suppose the latter is more appropriate on account of being more sombre.

But yeah, pretty enjoyable LP. Good work guys

theSteamSupported:
Just to let you know, you're probably my favorite lets-play-ers I know of. Bouth of you are like a sweet mix between JonTron and OanCitizen. It shouldn't work, but it does, as SomethingWorse pointed out. When's the next ep comin' out?

Thanks man, we appreciate it! Next ep is either next week or the week after that. We might post something else this week on thursday.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked