Out of this World Review

Out of this World, (a.k.a. Another World), is discussed, poked, and prodded in this "Doin' it" episode. Also, with Andy's Sega CD on the fritz, Eddie has a brilliant idea to get it working again.

Science Fiction has been a huge part of our lives for as long as we can remember. Which is why making a video for this classic game was so much fun. In the video we incorporate a scene from a movie that had a huge impact on our childhoods and our sense of humor.

What are some of your favorite Science Fiction games and movies? What have you watched or played as a kid that stayed with you into adulthood?

Aside from all the classic Sci-Fi films (Star Wars, Terminator, Blade Runner etc.) a personal favourite of mine was Space Hunter - Adventures in the Forbidden Zone.

Not original in the slightest, nor particular stunning in any way, it was just cool. Cool good guy, really cool bad guy, cool characters and aliens met along the way, cool vibe and music, cool situations and scenarios (especially when *spoiler* the main character meets a group of Amazonian type women who offer him the challenge of breeding with them without dying).

Molly Ringwald annoys, but she gets hers and the film as a whole is just dumb fun.

On a side note I'm really, really pissed off that I'm sat behind a desk working now instead of flying round space meeting alien cheerleader types. TV lies :(

I'd pick flying round space meeting alien cheerleader types over work any day and I'm a sucker for movies like Space Hunter.

Some of my favorites movies that I watch at least once a year are They Live, Spaceballs, and Stargate. To be honest, Stargate never gets old for me. It's got Snake Plisskin and Stef from Pretty in Pink!

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked