Mass Effect: Andromeda Review

Pages PREV 1 2

Pseudonym:
Quite a nice review, this. It more or less confirms my suspicions that this game would be playable but mediocre.

CritialGaming:
But on paper ME:A sounds like a great idea to continue the franchise without having to work out all the fine details. Which is an interesting statement when you consider just how many fine details were "overlooked" in ME:A. The premise is, the major races (not the minor ones because fuck them the reapers can have those worthless shits) created migration ships called arks and sent them off with a decent starting population to a new galaxy. The races figured that the fight with the reapers was gonna go belly up, so this served as a nice back-up plan to keep the plague of their existence going. And all told, it's a really good concept. It gives us a plausible reason to not only have a new galaxy to explore, but also make yet another game with all the same lovable races that we've grown to love in the first games.

Question about this. How fast can the races suddenly travel? Because I remember them having to use the reapers' mass relays to get anywhere. They could travel with some speed between a couple of stars but traveling across the galaxy by yourself apparently cost prohibitively much time. How do you travel around in ME:A?

Apparently the new "Normandy" can travel without mass relays because those things for completely forgotten in this game. You just travel from cluster to cluster, planet to planet in your ship.

CritialGaming:

Pseudonym:
Quite a nice review, this. It more or less confirms my suspicions that this game would be playable but mediocre.

CritialGaming:
But on paper ME:A sounds like a great idea to continue the franchise without having to work out all the fine details. Which is an interesting statement when you consider just how many fine details were "overlooked" in ME:A. The premise is, the major races (not the minor ones because fuck them the reapers can have those worthless shits) created migration ships called arks and sent them off with a decent starting population to a new galaxy. The races figured that the fight with the reapers was gonna go belly up, so this served as a nice back-up plan to keep the plague of their existence going. And all told, it's a really good concept. It gives us a plausible reason to not only have a new galaxy to explore, but also make yet another game with all the same lovable races that we've grown to love in the first games.

Question about this. How fast can the races suddenly travel? Because I remember them having to use the reapers' mass relays to get anywhere. They could travel with some speed between a couple of stars but traveling across the galaxy by yourself apparently cost prohibitively much time. How do you travel around in ME:A?

Apparently the new "Normandy" can travel without mass relays because those things for completely forgotten in this game. You just travel from cluster to cluster, planet to planet in your ship.

You don't travel to different clusters.
You travel between different solar systems in ONE cluster, the heleus cluster.
You need would mass relays to quickly travel between different clusters.
That's why you only encounter 2 new alien races in this game compared to mass effect 1 introducing a crap load of different alien species. It's one entire galaxy versus a tiny piece of another.

It does make the name of the game inaccurate but I guess calling it Mass Effect: Heleus Cluster wouldn't have sounded as good. ;P

esserin:

CritialGaming:

Pseudonym:

That's why you only encounter 2 new alien races in this game compared to mass effect 1 introducing a crap load of different alien species. It's one entire galaxy versus a tiny piece of another.

It does make the name of the game inaccurate but I guess calling it Mass Effect: Heleus Cluster wouldn't have sounded as good. ;P

Yeah I didn't pay enough attention to it to even notice it in game. Sci-Fi changes it's rules whenever and however it wants.

esserin:

CritialGaming:

Uhuh. Well fair enough. Thanks. Is there ever any explanation of how you got to travel 10 times the diameter of the andromeda galaxy and 25 times the diameter of our galaxy but are stuck in a small cluster after that? Or did it just take really, really long to get in the andromeda galaxy?

Pseudonym:

esserin:

CritialGaming:

Uhuh. Well fair enough. Thanks. Is there ever any explanatiof how you got to travel 10 times the diameter of the andromeda galaxy and 25 times the diameter of our galaxy but are stuck in a small cluster after that? Or did it just take really, really long to get in the andromeda galaxy?

It took 600 years to get to andromeda

Basement Cat:
My only familiarity with the BioWare forums stems from having Googled questions about BioWare games I was playing. I really miss having access to the wealth of knowledge available in those forums. Wisdom lost to us all--Forever! :(

It's not all gone. The person who runs this forum http://fextralife.com/forums/f95/bioware-games imported as much information from the Bioware forum as they could. It's certainly not as active as the Bioware forum was but a lot of the information is still available.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here