Serial Killer Round 82: Night of the Hunt (Closed, Cycle 7)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 31 NEXT

And so the hunt begins. Good luck brothers. Here's hoping us all the best

I'm currently at work so even if I get all the PMs from people- I can't act until I get home which will be later tonight. In the meantime PLEASE interact and have fun in this thread- make allies if you must. You'll need it ...

*kisses cross around neck*

I awake to find the dead

Awesome! Thanks for the link Ewok, good to see you again.

Looking forward to another round. Caramel you're doing awesome already. You go the extra mile and the themes, pictures, and creative writing really makes the game for me.

I'll be channeling my inner Van Helsing for this one image

The Bells begin to toll. But worry not, all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

I volunteer to be the Insight sacrifice. (No, I don't have a role.) Best for the Insight sacrifice to request it as soon as possible when the Insight score is low.

Its going to be a long night, and a long hunt.

JUMBO PALACE:
I'll be channeling my inner Van Helsing for this one

Great; I'll channel my outer Kate Beckinsale.

Seems my carriage didn't update its gps maps data, I got lost on my way over here, took me a while to find this place...

You've fought beasts before, most taking the form of a lycan. Others were more humanoid, half way there in their transformation but posed no real threat. But, this one ... you were not prepared for this one. Despite you Hunters outnumbered such a monster, it's cries nearly deafened your ears. Each of it's swipes reached out 15 feet if not farther, all the while causing so much destruction in it's wake. No one could slay it, not a single one could bring it down. All you could is try to survive the encounter. However, to your horror ...

One of you didn't survive the fight with The Beast.

I threw my banana at the creature but it had no effect!!!!

How....how do we defeat such a creature? It just stepped on the peel like it was nothing. No slipping, no nothing!!! That peel defeated Bowser in the famous Kart Races and it did nothing to this creature!!!!!!

Maybe I should try my sword next time or a fireball. I'm not sure if that would be more effective than my banana but I'm out of ideas...

tippy2k2:

How....how do we defeat such a creature? It just stepped on the peel like it was nothing. No slipping, no nothing!!! That peel defeated Bowser in the famous Kart Races and it did nothing to this creature!!!!!!

Maybe I should try my sword next time or a fireball. I'm not sure if that would be more effective than my banana but I'm out of ideas...

Wait, you didn't try to make the banana itself into a weapon? I mean if I was in your shoes, I would of attempted to try ...

Caramel Frappe:

tippy2k2:

Wait, you didn't try to make the banana itself into a weapon? I mean if I was in your shoes, I would of attempted to try ...

My God....such....such power.

Am I worthy?

tippy2k2:

Caramel Frappe:

tippy2k2:

My God....such....such power.

Am I worthy?

We know it in our hearts that all of us can do it. All are worthy, attain salvation, bruise them with the banana.

"Well now that I'm final back I can take the world over with my science! HAHAHAHA!..."

"Well that's a new one..." Gehrman pondered a pieces of dinosaur's brain rained down on him.

(I have no role and it seems the beast has scanners powers.)

Thunderous Cacophony:

JUMBO PALACE:

Really disappointed you didn't go the extra mile. Try this when you want to get serious.
https://www.yandy.com/plus

tf2godz:
"Well now that I'm final back I can take the world over with my science! HAHAHAHA!..."

"Well that's a new one..." Gehrman pondered a pieces of dinosaur's brain rained down on him.

Sorry to see you go tf2, but I hear triceratops steaks are particularly delicious so not all is lost.

tf2godz:

Crap, man. :(

With only 1 Insight, I need more...

JUMBO PALACE:

Thunderous Cacophony:

JUMBO PALACE:

Really disappointed you didn't go the extra mile. Try this when you want to get serious.
https://www.yandy.com/plus

tf2godz:

Sorry to see you go tf2, but I hear triceratops steaks are particularly delicious so not all is lost.

Looks like we've got our detective work cut out for us Batman.

The hunter tf2godz became the hunted tonight.

He deeply wanted to understand the arcane knowledge behind this world and the truth behind Yharnam's tainted blood ... unfortunately, one swat of The Beast's claw demolished his head completely. Those who've survived the assault fled to the Hunter's Dream, one of you carrying the corpse of the fallen Hunter. As you all collect yourselves with stained blood on your attire, something catches your eye ... despite the deceased hunter no longer had a head, he was holding onto something, hand clenched. You go to open his fingers, and although they're shut tight- you pry them open with your blade. You look closely, to see what he holds.

One of the bullets used on that monstrosity, had a small sample of it's blood. At first, you start to question why the bullet didn't burn off the blood, since the tainted blood of the beast burns when touched by silver. Suddenly, you freeze, eyes widening when realization hits you. The blood did not fizzle because it was not entirely tainted. Without telling anyone, you take it into the workshop within the chapel and begin examining it further. No question about it, someone has been consuming Beast Pellets, an incredibly rare but forbidden drug that allows a human to undergo beastly transformations. In other words, The Beast is one of you Hunters.

You decide to tell the others, and everyone of them are speechless. Everyone begins to talk at first, then shouting, until finally- some draw their blades. It would seem no one trusts anyone, but eventually, every Hunter came to the conclusion that a vote should be made ... who would be executed. Since no one had any proof on who the culprit was, the majority would pick someone to die. The only question is, will they put an end to The Beast or kill an innocent as a result?

It's time for everyone to vote on whom they think is the murderer. Send me your vote via PM and we'll go from there.

Caramel Frappe:

tippy2k2:

I swear, the shit some people do with their spare time.

erttheking:

Caramel Frappe:

I swear, the shit some people do with their spare time.

Hey, in prison you have to improvise...

Anybody not taking insight might as well go back to Dark Souls.
The blood makes us human, makes us more then human, makes us human no more

altnameJag:

Yes, because that's a normal thing that happens to normal people...

No real evidence to go on yet, so i guess ill hit up an RNG for my vote.

altnameJag:

If everyone does it instead of just one person then this game is gonna be over real fast. >_> Also, we'll have to waste an entire cycle killing someone who's gone mad. Obviously the fewer people who are Insight sacrifices the better.

The Eupho Guy:

altnameJag:

Normal? That Beast popped tf2godz's head like a ripe melon, then fled back to our dream realm passing as anyone of us.

I'll make sure this Beast dies, one way or another. Normal be damned.

altnameJag:

The Eupho Guy:

altnameJag:

Normal? That Beast popped tf2godz's head like a ripe melon, then fled back to our dream realm passing as anyone of us.

Man, it's not even cycle 2 yet and you have 14 insight. It's even starting to show, christ almighty mate.

altnameJag:

Now, now. The Journey's just begun. We have time aplenty before things get that dire.

Caramel Frappe:

Man, it's not even cycle 2 yet and you have 14 insight. It's even starting to show, christ almighty mate.

That means I got a 20% chance of taking another hit and not being crazy next round. Not bad odds.

altnameJag:
That means I got a 20% chance of taking another hit and not being crazy next round. Not bad odds.

altnameJag:

The Eupho Guy:

altnameJag:

To what end? So that you can take its place? What do we gain from that?

The Raw Shark:

Indeed we do

OT: While the insight mechanic is definitely cool and interesting I agree it is dangerous for us all to jump on that train. I for one plan on being cautious about it. I'm sure there will be enough madness going around as it is so I plan on not asking for any additional insight fyi. Gotta maintain my perceptive detective skills.

JUMBO PALACE:

The Raw Shark:

Indeed we do

OT: While the insight mechanic is definitely cool and interesting I agree it is dangerous for us all to jump on that train. I for one plan on being cautious about it. I'm sure there will be enough madness going around as it is so I plan on not asking for any additional insight fyi. Gotta maintain my perceptive detective skills.

Nay man, with a large enough number of mad people killing off other hunters we will definitely have a higher chance of executing the traitorous hunter! But I agree that it's quite comfortable sticking with sanity... for now.

Nile McMorrow:

JUMBO PALACE:

The Raw Shark:

Indeed we do

Nay man, with a large enough number of mad people killing off other hunters we will definitely have a higher chance of executing the traitorous hunter! But I agree that it's quite comfortable sticking with sanity... for now.

Now hold on...

That's actually not a bad plan. The odds are certainly in our favour if we try that at any rate.
Let's make a note and come back to it later.

Come now, people, let's not be base beasts. We are above the mongrels of the dirt by several qualities, among them math. Let's do some.

If we all went mad and killed each other off, with only 1/23 players left standing, that's a 22/23 chance of the Beast dying right now, or 95.652173913%. Now, I don't know about you gents, but I think those are pretty phenomenal odds.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 31 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here