Serial Killer Round 82: Night of the Hunt (Closed, Cycle 7)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . . . 31 NEXT

Caramel Frappe:

kenu12345:
Like with Tippy, though I did not expect him to fight.

Not only did I expect you to fight either, but I didn't expect you to get this insanely lucky either.
Like, the game 'should' of been over but fate was on your side. Hell, I wanted to take screenshots of the dice rolls I was getting during your fight near the end- it was freaken crazy.

Yeah tell me bout. I had to and was way too deep in at that point. I remember I just couldn't hold myself together after that with the laughter. Rngjesus was blessing me. Seeing how some voted in the turns surprises me too. All so thoroughly interesting

kenu12345:

Caramel Frappe:

kenu12345:
Like with Tippy, though I did not expect him to fight.

Not only did I expect you to fight either, but I didn't expect you to get this insanely lucky either.
Like, the game 'should' of been over but fate was on your side. Hell, I wanted to take screenshots of the dice rolls I was getting during your fight near the end- it was freaken crazy.

Yeah tell me bout. I had to and was way too deep in at that point. I remember I just couldn't hold myself together after that with the laughter. Rngjesus was blessing me. Seeing how some voted in the turns surprises me too. All so thoroughly interesting

I admit, if I wasn't the GM this Round ... your personality and how you handled responses would of made it hard for me to suspect you.
I was quite impressed with how well you kept hidden from suspicion. But the real question is- why didn't anyone want to remove erttheking? He was so quiet and inactive, that I was certain people would want to remove your assistant due to that.

Caramel Frappe:

kenu12345:

Caramel Frappe:

I admit, if I wasn't the GM this Round ... your personality and how you handled responses would of made it hard for me to suspect you.
I was quite impressed with how well you kept hidden from suspicion. But the real question is- why didn't anyone want to remove erttheking? He was so quiet and inactive, that I was certain people would want to remove your assistant due to that.

I think his explanation bout how he got voted off before put off a few people. That and they had their suspicions besides him til the end

I started suspecting Ertheking in the last two cycles but the first one I suspected JUMBO PALACE more while the last one Programmed_for_damage got offed. I also didn't have any evidence besides how quiet he'd been.

Caramel Frappe:
If anyone would like to see how people voted, here's the Serial Killer 82 spreadsheet right here.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12ndY8RpsSTikBzs0se3PbQYs1Kpes9eoqtV-VJKyI1A/edit?usp=sharing

Fascinating. That's a fair spread too, with people changing their minds between rounds

Thanks for being GM too Caramel.

I had the best dice roll for the Gascoigne fight. Nobody can deny it.

So;

Lets see if the God of Many Numbers will favor me once more.

Upon sighting the foul creature that was once the Vicar, i slam my primed hammer on its foot.

Caramel Frappe:
If anyone would like to see how people voted, here's the Serial Killer 82 spreadsheet right here.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12ndY8RpsSTikBzs0se3PbQYs1Kpes9eoqtV-VJKyI1A/edit?usp=sharing

Huh, missed this earlier.

*Looks at Spreadsheet*

What the hell Anti-American Eagle?! You were trying to kill me from the start!

...Gritch, Jumbo, Raw Shark, I thought you were my friends...

This is the saddest timeline :'(

Huh. No one voted for me the entire round.

Arnoxthe1:
The formerly power-consumed woman sat in stillness now in the spirit realm, thinking of the mistakes she made. The mistakes her allies made. She was now back to her normal gentle self thankfully but her Insight powers were gone completely. She felt somewhat happy to be rid of her possessed insanity but she did not feel peace at all, instead feeling the ache of the vacancy those powers had left. A shudder came over her, filled with desire to bathe in Insight again as she did before but also filled with dread at what things it might make her do. No. She resolved not to give in so deeply to it again.

But then she heard that howl... It sounded like the Beast's howl yet far more loud and deep. This was not the Beast but something else entirely. Something more menacing, if such a thing was even possible. But what could she do... ? No longer did the feeling of that smooth cold alien confidence pulse through her. Instead was fear. Real human fear that she had not felt in what seemed like an age. She bit her lip and thought longer. Then came to one inescapable conclusion. She would fight it. No... They would fight it. They must.

She then stood up and gazed in the direction of the howl. She may have failed her allies but she could still do one good thing. And although she could not say for sure, she hoped they would stand with her one last time. The last fight. The final run. It was time... She then saw an old discarded longsword next to her. She pulled at it and wrenched it from the ground. Then, running her fingers over the blade, the years of corrosion fell off it. Soon, it shone with a steely gleam. Her Insight was entirely gone but she still had a few tricks up her sleeve. Now, let us see if an Elder Beast bleeds...

Before we begin, who were you going to duo with? I believe you had volunteered to assist someone but I wanted to make sure before the fight actually started. I'll be happy to wait longer if people need to find their partners for this fight.

gigastar:
I had the best dice roll for the Gascoigne fight. Nobody can deny it.

So;

Lets see if the God of Many Numbers will favor me once more.

Upon sighting the foul creature that was once the Vicar, i slam my primed hammer on its foot.

Serial Killer Round 82: Night of the Hunt: Grand Cathedral
gigastar (30) | Vicar Amelia (30)

D20: 6

The brave hunter dashed forward, using all of his might to slam his Boom Hammer into Vicar Amelia's foot. While normally, this would of literally crushed every bone in that person's foot to the point it was completely destroyed ... we're talking about an enormous beast that made Father Gascoigne's lycan form look tiny in comparison. Hell, it's bigger than The Beast so this assault only numbed the toe at most. Without even making a sound, her head slowly turned and began to growl at the man with the balls to assault her.

Vicar Amelia took 3 damage, she is now at 27 health.

gigastar (30) | Vicar Amelia (27)

D20: 19 (critical)
I think you jinxed yourself mate. Proof.

One of her hands was already occupied- holding onto that Gold Pendant that she valued with her life. But, this didn't mean she couldn't fight back, oh no ... it's quite the opposite. Trying to keep a secret hidden and protecting an item that valuable means you're going to do everything in your being to crush whomever is a threat to these concepts. Once she had finished growling, she literally grabbed gigastar and held him right to her face, bearing her teeth. The worst part was, unlike Father Gascoigne, she had full control of her beasthood.

Without delay, she not only slammed the noble hunter against the wall with such force, she began applying pressure with the claw pushing into the body- slowly breaking the man. With this one hand, she was causing extreme pain and sincere damage, with the wall beginning to show cracks from how intense the pressure was overall.

gigastar took 13 damage, he is now at 17 health.

09/08/2017 12:00 am UTC

(Time to join in on the fun)

Kenu was taken a back if only for a moment before he clenched his hand in frustration. "Loyalty to the church repaid with treachery is it? If any secrets shall die today, it's the one held but a traitorus heretic such as yourself!" Quickly dashing back, Kenu holds his hands together and mutters an incantation. He's got to stall and wait for an opportunity. Luckily, the catherdral held many shadows, perhaps his only advantage in this circumstance.

Reaching the end of his incantation, he yells "Let's start out big shall we?" In a moment, shadows leap from around the beast, forming into points. Not only going towards this new beast but also forming a sort of staggered path between the two of them.

Caramel Frappe:
I think you jinxed yourself mate. Proof.

Merely setting up for my second improbable victory.

So what else can i do here...

Right, so im going to smash the nail hideous beast again.

So I'm a boss now? Interesting. Do I need to do anything?

erttheking:

Far as I understand from the previous boss who was also someone, no. Bosses are controlled by the gm though that does beg the question what would happen if you decided you wanted to fight the boss. Would you be punching yourself repeatedly

kenu12345:

erttheking:

Far as I understand from the previous boss who was also someone, no. Bosses are controlled by the gm though that does beg the question what would happen if you decided you wanted to fight the boss. Would you be punching yourself repeatedly

What if I am a Boss?

While you have the role of said boss, doesn't mean you are that boss. Someone with that role can fight their role (aka the boss) so they don't feel left out. If you die to said boss, the boss will continue to exist despite that you died with that role.

erttheking:

Vicar Amelia is optional to fight, so it's up to you entirely. When you enter the fight, it's you as a Hunter vs The Boss.

Caramel Frappe:

kenu12345:

erttheking:

What if I am a Boss?

While you have the role of said boss, doesn't mean you are that boss. Someone with that role can fight their role (aka the boss) so they don't feel left out. If you die to said boss, the boss will continue to exist despite that you died with that role.

Aw someone punching themselves would have been funny to read

Caramel Frappe:

erttheking:

Vicar Amelia is optional to fight, so it's up to you entirely. When you enter the fight, it's you as a Hunter vs The Boss.

I'll pass, though I may write up some flavor text for when the boss dies/wins, as it is technically me.

gigastar:
Merely setting up for my second improbable victory.

So what else can i do here...

Right, so im going to smash the nail hideous beast again.

gigastar (17) | Vicar Amelia (27)

D20: 16

Although Vicar Amelia was fully in control, did not mean she was invincible as a result. While the strike against the toe was ineffective, she did not anticipate the man having enough will power to slam her face despite being held by her massive claw. It wasn't even the slam to the cheek that did the trick- it was the boom hammer's alternative power .... explosions. The boom hammer is unique for causing a small eruption during impact, and the metal is strong enough to handle said explosion. So taking that in the face made Amelia flinch, making her let go of gigastar as a result. She was certain her entire hand prevented him from being able to move his arms ... she would make note that hunters are stronger than what they seem.

Vicar Amelia took 7 damage, she is now at 20 health.

gigastar (17) | Vicar Amelia (20)

D20: 3

A chilling cry escaped her lips, the beast furious at the surprise attack. With that, she readied her fist to slam it down onto our good hunter ... only, if her ears weren't still ringing. You see, not only did the boom hammer cause a stinging pain across her cheek, but having such long ears meant she could ear even the faintest of whispers. Now imagine hearing a bomb go off right next to your ear drums, wasn't going to sit well. Having such a massive headache, she ended up missing him- yet with such power, it caused rubble to fly up and hit our beloved hunter against his check, giving him a rather rough bruise.

gigastar took 3 damage, he is now at 14 health.

kenu12345:
(Time to join in on the fun)

Kenu was taken a back if only for a moment before he clenched his hand in frustration. "Loyalty to the church repaid with treachery is it? If any secrets shall die today, it's the one held but a traitorus heretic such as yourself!" Quickly dashing back, Kenu holds his hands together and mutters an incantation. He's got to stall and wait for an opportunity. Luckily, the catherdral held many shadows, perhaps his only advantage in this circumstance.

Reaching the end of his incantation, he yells "Let's start out big shall we?" In a moment, shadows leap from around the beast, forming into points. Not only going towards this new beast but also forming a sort of staggered path between the two of them.

kenu12345 (30) | Vicar Amelia (30)

D20: 4

While this tactic seemed rather impressive and would likely succeed in outplaying any hunter ... there were a few problems with this plan. The clothe that covered Amelia's eyes weren't just a religious practice- she wore it for a reason. It heightened her senses, prevented her from going MAD while worshiping the Great Ones, and best of all ... it wouldn't allow anyone to predict where her eyes would be looking at. As in, kenu was taken by surprise when she suddenly sprung forth towards the original- him. He managed to dodge her sudden leap, but despite the fact his shadows did their best to assault the best with their tools- it wasn't doing a proper job.

kenu12345 (30) | Vicar Amelia (27)

D20: 14

She growled, staring face to face with her former companion. As he was trying to get some distance, he couldn't believe the range of her arms and how far they extended. Bracing himself, kenu crossed his arms as the claw struck him- sending the man dozens of feet across the chapel's floor. While the nails didn't get to him, the sheer force certainly did a good number on his limbs, and hitting the floor a good number of times wasn't good for the body in general. Such strength, was this the true power of being a beast?

kenu12345 took 7 damage, he is now at 23 health.

Damn it, guys. So many of you are doing this solo. It's better if two people went at it. >_>

Caramel Frappe:
Before we begin, who were you going to duo with?

I have no idea now. lol I'll wait a little longer.

Caramel Frappe:

Vicar Amelia took 7 damage, she is now at 20 health.

gigastar took 3 damage, he is now at 14 health.

See? Was just a fluke.
Now lightning is gonna strike twice...

Undeterred by my own injuries i strike at the creatures leg.

Arnoxthe1:
Damn it, guys. So many of you are doing this solo. It's better if two people went at it. >_>

Caramel Frappe:

If I were you, I'd just PM everyone and ask that way ... I'm surprised Jumbo Palace isn't hyped to join this.

Caramel Frappe:

kenu12345 (30) | Vicar Amelia (30)

D20: 4

While this tactic seemed rather impressive and would likely succeed in outplaying any hunter ... there were a few problems with this plan. The clothe that covered Amelia's eyes weren't just a religious practice- she wore it for a reason. It heightened her senses, prevented her from going MAD while worshiping the Great Ones, and best of all ... it wouldn't allow anyone to predict where her eyes would be looking at. As in, kenu was taken by surprise when she suddenly sprung forth towards the original- him. He managed to dodge her sudden leap, but despite the fact his shadows did their best to assault the best with their tools- it wasn't doing a proper job.

kenu12345 (30) | Vicar Amelia (27)

D20: 14

She growled, staring face to face with her former companion. As he was trying to get some distance, he couldn't believe the range of her arms and how far they extended. Bracing himself, kenu crossed his arms as the claw struck him- sending the man dozens of feet across the chapel's floor. While the nails didn't get to him, the sheer force certainly did a good number on his limbs, and hitting the floor a good number of times wasn't good for the body in general. Such strength, was this the true power of being a beast?

kenu12345 took 7 damage, he is now at 23 health.

Kenu quickly struggles back onto his feet, trying to catch his breath again as he did so. Blast, for an opening attack, he thought that would be better. No, it would have against a hunter, but he's no longer facing his fellow man, he must begin thinking like he was facing himself. There was still not enough of an opening to transform, especially with the time it took to recover.

"I may have only scratched the surface of that, but only a fool presumes that's the only card up one's sleeve " He says, seeing the beast charge him down. Working quickly, he draws a rune in the sky. As soon as it's complete, a black astral wolf leaps through, quickly launching itself at the beast.
(That unlucky roll.)

Arnoxthe1:

Caramel Frappe:

(( I would have but within my position in all this, it seemed like a bit of a pull for me to get someone to aid the fight))

kenu12345:
(( I would have but within my position in all this, it seemed like a bit of a pull for me to get someone to aid the fight))

Now THAT would have been interesting. lol

Arnoxthe1:

Caramel Frappe:

I'll fight by your side. If you'll take me.

Programmed_For_Damage:

Sounds good. Don't quite know how this is done though. We'll probably both write our "attack declarations". Shall I go first?

Arnoxthe1:

Programmed_For_Damage:

Sounds good. Don't quite know how this is done though. We'll probably both write our "attack declarations". Shall I go first?

Yes please. I'm currently writing mine, so please go ahead.

The woman made her way across to the chapel and pushed the door open, her longsword in hand. Fear made her blood jump in her veins while she was walking here, but now that she was finally here, it disappeared and her feelings hardened into a cold determination. She didn't see anyone else while walking here, so she assumed that she would have to do this alone, but as she pushed the door open, her heart leapt some in hope, seeing Programmed_For_Damage already in the chapel, looking grimly at something. Then she saw Amelia.

She was a magnificent looking specimen. Much like the Beast but seemed to be larger and more sleek. The woman then nodded to Programmed_For_Damage and walked in with grim determination, gripping her sword with both hands and raising it up.

"Sooo... " The new beast smoothly murmured. "Let's see what we have here... A wannabe seer and a forsaken woman. Tell me... How does it feel to be alone~?" The female beast then began to pace to the side, watching us the entire time. "It's especially sad for the woman though. All that power and you never truly accepted it. Always a part of you that held on to feeble humanity. And now the only thing that made you worth something is gone~ How ironic. It's clear that you never deserved that power. That you deserved to be murdered and abandoned."

Suddenly the female beast made a quick movement and snatched the woman by the neck. "Pathetic... " She said with a smile as the woman let the sword fall to the ground with a clatter and struggled desperately to free herself. But it was worse than useless. Then she calmed herself and closed her eyes, muttering a spell as her hands gripped the beast's arm. Soon, her palms and fingers began to heat up incredibly, becoming almost white hot.

(Your turn, Programmed. :3 )

The pale woman shrouded in white began to fade into the azure mist, leaving only her lilting voice echoing in Programmed_For_Damage's mind. "Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight you'll ever know. Live and die on this day... Live and die on this day..."

He awoke with a start into a room that was both oddly strange and at the same time eerily familiar. He sat up and his balls immediately shrank as they kissed the cold stone of the slab, causing him to leap from it. He was alone and naked in the dark, gloomy embrace of the chapel undercroft, which doubled as the city morgue. Tentively he began touching various parts of his scar marked body, searching for the wound that had surely spelt his demise. However his curiosity was quickly interupted by the sounds of panicked screaming coming from an area nearby, and the horrid, unearthly shout; "Great Ones, let this sacrifice clease your thirst tonight!"

Overwhelmed with instinct, confusion and an undertone of fear, Programmed_For_Damage scoured the dank room for something to cover his nakedness. No doubt his clothes had been cremated, or divided up amongst the staff. Being a morgue and not the local tailor the options were scant to non-existant, but with a bit of luck he found a brown leather apron, caked with dried blood, crumpled up in the corner. Tying the straps behind his back, he then automatically began searching for a weapon. As per his death wishes, his trusty broadsword had already been sent to his brother; however the morticians bench offered a few tools that would serve in a pinch. Bypassing the bonesaw, needles and retractors, he settled on a medium-sized curved blade. He also stashed a small stiletto in the pocket of the apron before darting for the door.

He passed row after row of coffin, searching for an exit to the Undercroft. If he had been dead, Programmed_For_Damage felt non the worse for it. There was no niggling ache from his healing ribs or sharp pulling from any stitches. This was the first time in many years that he had felt so "alive". His bare feet slapped against the floor like greasy trout as he ran across the bare stone and dirt. Evidently the priests had either finished for the day or were making themselves scarce. Finally he came across a large set of wooden doors, presumably leading to the chapel. He unlatched and threw open the heavy oak doors and then got his second greatest shock of the day.

Before him, barely twenty meters away, stood an enormous white wolf. It's size was greater than any werewolf he had seen and the elongated head was crowned with a sharp, cruel set of antlers. He suddenly felt woefully under-prepared. As fortune would have it, the an ornate door on the other side of the chapel opened and the good hunter Arnox stepped through to face the beast. He acknowledged her with a nod and a smile, which quickly faded when he remembered that he was clad in only a ill-fitting leather apron. Still there was no time for modesty. Never being one to shy away from a challenge, Arnox engaged the beast in combat and much to his surprise she was scooped up in the beast's arms. Then he noticed her hands starting to glow and smolder. Clever fox! He couldn't let Arnox's bravery go unrewarded. With the curved knife in hand and apron flapping in the wind, he charged the once-human beast. He lunged, aiming for the just below the armpit, hoping to drag the hooked blade upward, nick the thoracic artery and cause terrible bleeding.

Sorry. I went a bit nuts, but I WAS returning back from the dead.

Great game all around. Really looking forward to the next one.

Learned my insight lesson the hard way.

"I'll see you in a less stupid dimension" ghost me said before teleporting away

tf2godz:

You will be remembered. :(

Arnoxthe1:

tf2godz:

You will be remembered. :(

Don't worry, I will somehow end up in the next game, It's my curse because God or Satan will not let me rest.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . . . 31 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here