Serial Killer Round 82: Night of the Hunt (Closed, Cycle 7)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 . . . 31 NEXT

kenu12345:

Caramel Frappe:

tippy2k2:
I'm here to help! BANANA! I choose you! USE THUNDERBOLT!

I'm not a poke...you know what, you're just going to cry again I suppose if I don't play along, aren't you?

I'm....*Sniff....not......going.....*Sniff....to.......cry....I'm.....a.....a......

*Sigh....pikachu

Yah! Did we hit the bad guy?

Sure tippy2k2, we got her good

You can actually fight her, but you'll need someone to summon you in since you've died to a previous boss :p

Summon in? Like a reason to come back to life?

What if I died to a Boss?

Players who died cannot do anymore boss fights ... on their own ;) they can be phantoms (aka summons) and assist living players to take on the boss. However, the rules are the same; having a duo against the boss doubles the critical chances the boss has. If you and the living Hunter succeeds in beating the boss, you'll be awarded the badge too.

((Basically, if he wanted to fight her ... someone who didn't die to a boss would have to summon tippy first before engaging the fight. If the fight starts, nobody can join the fight afterwards. It has to be before the fight starts :p))

Caramel Frappe:

kenu12345:

Caramel Frappe:

You can actually fight her, but you'll need someone to summon you in since you've died to a previous boss :p

Summon in? Like a reason to come back to life?

What if I died to a Boss?

Players who died cannot do anymore boss fights ... on their own ;) they can be phantoms (aka summons) and assist living players to take on the boss. However, the rules are the same; having a duo against the boss doubles the critical chances the boss has. If you and the living Hunter succeeds in beating the boss, you'll be awarded the badge too.

((Basically, if he wanted to fight her ... someone who didn't die to a boss would have to summon tippy first before engaging the fight. If the fight starts, nobody can join the fight afterwards. It has to be before the fight starts :p))

Ah I see

Arnoxthe1:

That GIF made me spit my drink out, thanks for that XD

Arnoxthe1:
As she crashed onto the floor next to Programmed, she lay there for a few seconds, dazed. Luckily the crushing wasn't actually that awful per se since the beast released her rather early, but it was still bad and she began to hurt to say the least. She then suddenly thought about the ritual for gaining Insight. She could do it now. Anyone could. It wasn't exactly a huge secret even though she had her own way of administering it to herself.

And if she did it, she would return very very quickly to her former power. But she resisted the temptation, knowing full well what it would entail. Well, maybe not exactly, but it was a huge risk. If left unchecked it could just make her as cold as Amelia. Or maybe in her entrancement, she would join her. She might as well be dead if that happened. Actually, it would be better off if she had died right here if she really did become that consumed and enthralled.

No, she could not abandon her allies. She looked up then, seeing the beast healing herself again. "The bitch..." she began to think, savagely and cooly, thinking of so many ways she could utterly annihilate this stupid dog with her former powers. No... That wasn't like her. She would not embrace corruption to fight evil. She shook her head to clear it and began to think.

She needed that sword again. That much was clear. But... She didn't actually need it in her hands~ Weaving her hands in a complex pattern and whispering the spell, she telekinetically took control of the sword, it beginning to float up very gently, beginning to glow again with heat and energy. At this point, the beast had healed herself a lot but she could not give up hope. Then, she gestured violently up with her hands, the sword immediately shooting up right for the beast's throat.

Programmed_For_Damage:
Weaponless and missing an arm, things were already looking grim for Programmed_For_Damage. Worse still he noticed that the flecks of gold that now danced over Vicar Amelia were beginning to restore her vitality. Arnox came crashing down next to him and for a second his heart was in his mouth. He could flee, but then what? A disgraced ex-hunter, forced to beg for work and lodging because he could no longer do the work he was meant for. No! He had fought Father Gascoyne to the brink of death and it no longer held any mysteries to him.

He surveyed his surroundings. Fortunately the priests worshipped opulence as much as they did their gods and there was no shortage of improvised weapons. Programmed_For_Damage grapped the bottom of a three pronged candelabra, wrought from the finest gold and silver. It was weighty, but prior to the hunt he had been conditioning his strength and stamina in preparation. He smashed the end down on the ground, sending the lit candles clattering across the tiles, and exposing the prongs.

He had rushed Vicar Amelia the previous two times, both with limited effect. He could use that to his advantage. He looked at Arnox and shouted defiantly; ?We can do this!?
Programmed_For_Damage saw Arnox?s sword mystically raise itself from the ground, dancing in the air as if held by an angel. The time was now. He charged at the Vicar, roaring from the depth of his being. Hoping that she'd think he'd gone mad. He pitched his arm back like he was going to throw a javelin and kept running. He got close enough to see the uncertainty in the werewolf?s eyes, wondering when he was going to release the makeshift spear, and all the while trying to track the floating sword threatening to tear the air apart.

But Programmed_For_Damage did not throw the candelabra. Instead he deftly pulled up in front of the hulking beast and, using the two meter length of the shaft, drove the points up sharply toward the Vicar?s sweetly begging sternum.

Serial Killer Round 82: Night of the Hunt: Grand Cathedral
Arnoxthe1 (16) and Programmed_For_Damage (17) | Vicar Amelia (22)

D20: 15
D20: 8
Programmed, you've got to step it up with your rolls >_>

She saw the man coming at her with something she found sacred ... something the Healing Church uses to respect those who serve the Great Ones. Seeing Programmed_For_Damage misuse such a holy piece of work made her utterly pissed- breaking out of her praying posture and attempting to slam her claw into his face. He dodged back, missing out on a crucial stab but at least he was able to stab her hand with the sharpened candelabra. It didn't really bother her, but alas, she was also forgetting something very important- the floating sword heading towards her throat.

From the corner of her eye, despite hidden behind the cloth ... she could see it coming. Unfortunately, she didn't want to use the hand holding the pendant so she basically took the hit- and while it wasn't a vital spot that would of prevented her from breathing, the stab really did a number for the white beast screeched in absolute pain. Blood pooled out of the wound, and the sword kept sliding in as deeply as it could possibly go.

Vicar Amelia took 7 + 3 = 10 damage, she is now at 12 health.

Arnoxthe1 (16) and Programmed_For_Damage (17) | Vicar Amelia (12)

7 + 5
6 + 5

Despite the sword was pretty small compared to the massive beast ... Vicar Amelia knew not to take such things so lightly. Enough of those 'surprises' from the sword and she would definitely bleed out in no time. To think a mortal not only possessed such knowledge of cosmic spells, but to perform them without much trouble was, troubling. Mainly because it meant she would not know the full potential of the girl unless it was too late. From now on, she would have to focus Arnoxthe1 until fully dealt with, then deal with the mad man wearing an apron (Programmed). With that said, the white beast tossed the sword on the opposite side of the room so that the sword would not be of use for now .... and began to charge at the two hunters.

She shot a claw out towards Programmed_For_Damage, missing him by an inch. He kept his distance, but this was what Vicar Amelia wanted. The aim wasn't to catch the good hunter, but get Arnoxthe1 in a certain position. That position, was making her dodge into a corner. By the time she realized there was little space between her and the beast, Programmed_From_Damage was behind the monstrosity, fully aware of their horrible situation. Despite the beast couldn't really show facial expressions, Arnoxthe1 could of sworn she saw the mouth's edge tilt up, like a smirk of some kind. Vicar Amelia then sprung onto the girl, catching her with one hand. In a savage manner, she banged the poor girl's back into the wall several times, the gifted hunter's head meeting with the surface and eventually a blood stain formed where the back of the head was hitting. The enormous beast was also making sure her limbs were unable to escape it's grasp.

Then, seeing how she had just enough space between her and Programmed_For_Damage, she started to heal herself with the golden aura ... though, she couldn't fully concentrate due to keeping an eye on her victim (aka Arnoxthe1), so the heal wasn't as effective as she would of liked.

Arnoxthe1 took 7 damage, she is now at 9 health.
Programmed_For_Damage took 0 damage, he is now at 17 health.

Vicar Amelia healed herself for 7 points, she was now at 19 health.

Caramel Frappe:

I think everyone is already in a fight so no one left alive to summon me

Besides, they'd only want me on their team, not the bumbling idiot who kept dropping his knives...

What Banana?

I said it's a shame that everyone already has a partner for you would make a strong partner

The woman collapsed onto the floor yet again, her head thoroughly bloody, and her life quickly starting to run out. She could heal it all, given time, but that was a luxury she was starting to run out of as well. It was especially troubling too to say the least that the beast seemed to focus on her more. Despite the situation they were in, she couldn't help but giggle a little at the ridiculous observation she suddenly made. Amelia must have gotten the hots for her~

"You can just marry me right here if you like~" she said, still giggling. Although it was clear to her now that she had a concussion that was obviously affecting her thinking. Thinking. What was there to think? Insight only would save them now. Insight... NO. Noooooo... She wish she could get it out of her head but that hole it left felt more deep than ever. She needed it... She needed that power pulsing and flowing inside her. If it wasn't for that stupid little dog getting a cheap shot on her neck...

Then it came to her. The idea was somewhat of a longshot, but if successful... It would be all she needed to destroy Amelia. She slowly and shakily began to whisper and weave her hands around for the telekinesis spell again. But then she aimed at the bloody hole in the beast's hand. Specifically, she aimed it at the beast's blood...

More and more he found himself admiring Arnox's spirit. While a bit of dumb luck had kept him safe from Vicar Amelia's frenzied attacks, Arnox had been battered from pillar to post. Yet she still stood there bloodied, but resolute.

His options were starting to run thin. He looked up at the massive, gold and crystal chandelier hung high above their head. It was affixed to the chapel ceiling by a sturdy chain that no weapon he currently wielded could sever. From memory the good hunter Arnox once used a gun and he wondered if she still had it on her. He suddenly had a plan, but could not execute it on his own.

Candelabra still in hand Programmed_For_Damage ran around behind Arnox. Drawing level with her the hairs on his body began to stand up. She was no doubt conjuring. As he crossed behind her he whispered "look up", and kept running in a bizzare arc toward his target. His heart was pounding and his head was aching. This was suicidal; but hey, you only live twice.

As he reached Vicar Amelia he drove the points of the candelabra down through the beast's hairy foot and held on for dear life.

Caramel Frappe:

Vicar Amelia took 0 damage, she is now at 30 health.

Gauche took 13 damage, he is now at 10 health.

"She must not be a material girl", thought Gauche, consciousness now spilling away. He aims to stand but his body does not comply. Falling to one knee he looks up at Amelia with bloodshot eyes and a hurt heart

The blood moon shines through the stained glass of the cathedral basking Amelia in wondrous color. Gauche takes the brief respite to bask in her beauty making sure to remember what was it that slayed him onto the next life. Passing clouds put an end to the moment of serenity as she now starts charging at him. He does not move. Reaching back to strike the dying man shes stops dead. Gauche had raised his functioning arm out grasping her left claw and with it the chain holding the pendant

With slipping strength he pops the question

Vicar Amelia, will you marry me?

Gauche:

Caramel Frappe:

Gauche took 13 damage, he is now at 10 health.

"She must not be a material girl", thought Gauche, consciousness now spilling away. He aims to stand but his body does not comply. Falling to one knee he looks up at Amelia with bloodshot eyes and a hurt heart

The blood moon shines through the stained glass of the cathedral basking Amelia in wondrous color. Gauche takes the brief respite to bask in her beauty making sure to remember what was it that slayed him onto the next life. Passing clouds put an end to the moment of serenity as she now starts charging at him. He does not move. Reaching back to strike the dying man shes stops dead. Gauche had raised his functioning arm out grasping her left claw and with it the chain holding the pendant

And they said romance is dead *tips hat*

kenu12345:
And they said romance is dead *tips hat*

*bows* - I try T_T

@Ewok Sorry buddy! I don't remember what it was but something made me suspicious of you very early on.

Good game Kenu- you played the killer role quite well. I didn't have much suspicion that it was you all game so even if I hadn't been executed I think you probably still would have fooled me. I'm not that crafty when it comes to this game.

Have fun with the boss fight y'all. I was in Vegas with the girlfriend for a wedding this past week so missed the conclusion and have clearly fallen behind on current events.

Caramel- are there going to be death awards or any other type of honorable mentions?

JUMBO PALACE:
Sorry buddy! I don't remember what it was but something made me suspicious of you very early on.

Good game Kenu- you played the killer role quite well. I didn't have much suspicion that it was you all game so even if I hadn't been executed I think you probably still would have fooled me. I'm not that crafty when it comes to this game.

Have fun with the boss fight y'all. I was in Vegas with the girlfriend for a wedding this past week so missed the conclusion and have clearly fallen behind on current events.

Caramel- are there going to be death awards or any other type of honorable mentions?

Thanks man. Hope you are having fun over there

JUMBO PALACE:
Sorry buddy! I don't remember what it was but something made me suspicious of you very early on.

Will there be Death Awards?

Yep. I'll be picking the top three best death posts once this SK game is truly over.

Another other honorable mentions?

For each boss fight, i'll be picking the one user who really made some great posts in terms of RP elements, effort, and so on.

Also just to let you know, there is a current boss fight happening right now.

Currently at work, i'll reply to the posters once I get back.

Edit: Worked overtime, guess I will have to do it tomorrow (9/11/2017) later in the day. Sorry guys :(

Caramel Frappe:

JUMBO PALACE:

Will there be Death Awards?

Yep. I'll be picking the top three best death posts once this SK game is truly over.

Another other honorable mentions?

For each boss fight, i'll be picking the one user who really made some great posts in terms of RP elements, effort, and so on.

Also just to let you know, there is a current boss fight happening right now.

Awesome thanks! If you are up to adding a person to the boss fight I'll participate. And I'm coming back pissed.

A thundering *GASP* issues from JUMBO as he takes his first breath, blood coursing through his veins for the first time in days, dead muscles shuddering back to life after his ruthless "execution". Eyes darting back and forth he assesses the situation, desperately attempting to control his breathing and remembering, as always, that he is prepared.

206 bones, five major organs, 60,000 miles of blood vessels.

All it takes is time. Days. Months.

Years spent memorizing the finite ways there are to hurt and break a man. Preparing for all of them.

I've escaped from every conceivable death trap. Ten times. A dozen times.

I can slow my breathing and metabolism to control panic and conserve air.

Straitjacket's kindergarten. Locks too.

Bench pressing a pine coffin lid through 600 pounds of loose soil that's filling your mouth, crushing your lungs flat and shredding your dehydrated muscles?

That's harder.

Stepping from the grave and breathing fresh clean air for the first time I gather my strength, gingerly stretching and massaging my aching body back to full function. And I will need it. Standing not far away is the monstrous Vicar Amelia, my target, my prey. I slip on my shock gloves and trudge forward, ready to fulfill my purpose.

Yesssss batman time

Arnoxthe1:
The woman collapsed onto the floor yet again, her head thoroughly bloody, and her life quickly starting to run out. She could heal it all, given time, but that was a luxury she was starting to run out of as well. It was especially troubling too to say the least that the beast seemed to focus on her more. Despite the situation they were in, she couldn't help but giggle a little at the ridiculous observation she suddenly made. Amelia must have gotten the hots for her~

"You can just marry me right here if you like~" she said, still giggling. Although it was clear to her now that she had a concussion that was obviously affecting her thinking. Thinking. What was there to think? Insight only would save them now. Insight... NO. Noooooo... She wish she could get it out of her head but that hole it left felt more deep than ever. She needed it... She needed that power pulsing and flowing inside her. If it wasn't for that stupid little dog getting a cheap shot on her neck...

Then it came to her. The idea was somewhat of a longshot, but if successful... It would be all she needed to destroy Amelia. She slowly and shakily began to whisper and weave her hands around for the telekinesis spell again. But then she aimed at the bloody hole in the beast's hand. Specifically, she aimed it at the beast's blood...

Programmed_For_Damage:
More and more he found himself admiring Arnox's spirit. While a bit of dumb luck had kept him safe from Vicar Amelia's frenzied attacks, Arnox had been battered from pillar to post. Yet she still stood there bloodied, but resolute.

His options were starting to run thin. He looked up at the massive, gold and crystal chandelier hung high above their head. It was affixed to the chapel ceiling by a sturdy chain that no weapon he currently wielded could sever. From memory the good hunter Arnox once used a gun and he wondered if she still had it on her. He suddenly had a plan, but could not execute it on his own.

Candelabra still in hand Programmed_For_Damage ran around behind Arnox. Drawing level with her the hairs on his body began to stand up. She was no doubt conjuring. As he crossed behind her he whispered "look up", and kept running in a bizzare arc toward his target. His heart was pounding and his head was aching. This was suicidal; but hey, you only live twice.

As he reached Vicar Amelia he drove the points of the candelabra down through the beast's hairy foot and held on for dear life.

Arnoxthe1 (9) and Programmed_For_Damage (17) | Vicar Amelia (19)

D20: 5
D20: 20 (critical)

Vicar Amelia was no stranger to seeing the art of magic ... nor cosmic power at that. Seeing the girl's hands move- clearly something was up. Right as the blood began to come out of the wound- a claw flew towards Arnoxthe1, forcing her to stop using the spell and dodge the incoming attack. There was a small pool of blood that was caused by extracting it from the beast's wound, but hardly enough to actually bring any harm. If only Vicar Amelia wasn't so tunnel visioned, she could of seen what Programmed_For_Damage was up to.

He managed to plant his weapon into her foot- and although it wasn't anything serious, it did sting. Holding on, he tried avoiding her furious swipes, somehow dodging them while standing in one spot. Perhaps it was rather difficult for an enormous lycan to reach all the way down to her hind foot, yet even as she was getting closer and closer to nicking the good hunter, she was again being blinded by rage to notice Arnoxthe1 taking her friend's advise and focusing on the rather large chandelier that hung above the beast's head. Using all of her might, she whispered something before the chains holding it snapped- falling downward towards Amelia. Seeing this happen, Programmed_For_Damage immediately ran, still being focused by Amelia with her jaws dashing towards the man. If only she knew he was just the distraction in all of this ...

Almost as big as she was- the decoration slammed on impact, falling right on top of Vicar Amelia's face and body. Gold pieces, metal, glass and more started flying everywhere. The sound of it breaking apart was so loud, both of the hunters had to cover their ears from how harsh it all sounded. Hell, it managed to mute out Amelia's cry when the gigantic chandelier landed on her.

Vicar Amelia took 3 + 13 = 16 damage, she is now at 3 health.

Arnoxthe1 (9) and Programmed_For_Damage (17) | Vicar Amelia (3)

D20: 12 + 5
D20: 8 + 5
Ohhhhh Arnoxthe1, you dodged a bullet there ...

To their absolute shock- the beast shot out with a high pitch screech, all bloodied up but still kicking. That thing must of weighed a few tons ... they couldn't believe Vicar Amelia managed to survive that! She didn't even hesitate either- she went straight for Arnoxthe1, diving her. Although the gifted hunter managed to side step, a hand did manage to grab her as she tried backing ... and the white beast literally bit down onto her chest. The girl's upper body was now hanging inside the beast's mouth, the chest feeling such large teeth sinking into her stomach. The pain was unreal, blood began to spill downward the girl's body ... the beast readying to close it's mouth over her body so the top torso would be ripped off.

Hell, even though it sat still to heal ... Amelia concentrated so heavily on devouring Arnoxthe1 to really get herself fully rejuvenated.

Arnoxthe1 took 7 damage, she is now at 2 health.
Programmed_For_Damage took 0 damage, he is now at 17 health.

Vicar Amelia healed herself for 7, she is now at 10 health.

Caramel Frappe:

Vicar Amelia took 3 + 13 = 15 damage, she is now at 4 health.

Actually that should be 16 damage. So the attack would reduce her to 3 health instead of 4. And she would heal herself to 10 instead of 11.

-

The woman was practically mindless with pain now as she lay in the beast's mouth, but in such a state, she was also no longer thinking even a second about her attacks. Although this had obvious disadvantages, it did come with the advantage of quickness and resolve. In mindless fury and incredible strength, each of her fingers soon became white hot little scalpels as she grabbed at and dug them right into the beast's face, not even bothering to speak the incantations. In such a state as she was in, her magic became instinctual. Primal. She willed it so and magic made it so simply because of her raw enraged will in the moment. She could feel the beast's bone now as the Vicar's fur and skin practically disintegrated under her fiery touch.

"YOU BROUGHT THIS! YOU BROUGHT THIS UPON US ALL AND NOW I WILL BRING THIS UPON YOU!!" She cried out.

Gauche:

Gauche (10) | Vicar Amelia (30)

D20: 20 (critical)
Really now ...

The hunter was clearly going to die ... she was sure of it. The damage Gauche had received should of silenced him even before hitting the floor- yet here he was, proposing to someone, something like her. No, no, the hunter should be cursing her till his dying breath, or fend himself. To see such, kindness and sincerity towards a beast started to do something to Vicar Amelia. She couldn't understand, her mind was undergoing multiple thoughts on what his hidden motives were.

Did he want to let her guard down, so he could strike her down? No ... if he tried now, she could end him easily.

Did he want her to let him pass to find the secrets within the church's catacombs? No, he would of begged for mercy instead of showing affection. A man bleeding out like this has little hope in making it in time to find the truth.

Did Gauche simply go MAD? No, he isn't crackling or showing any symptoms ... just a profound love for her.

This situation was something she had never encountered in all of her life time. Hunters, were meant to hunt beasts- kill them without a second thought for mankind. Vicar Amelia found humanity to be a disgusting species that were festered and corrupted ... willing to cut down anything outside of their race. So then why, why did this man ... Vicar Amelia pulled her claw before screeching at Gauche, ready to slam her fist down onto the hunter. Yet, as she readied herself for the blow; Gauche did not move. She merely saw him, smile? A friendly, warm smile that began to torment the lycan's consciousness. Fist shook, until suddenly, she dug her nails into the floor and panted, trying her best to stop whatever it was that delayed her actions.

Gauche was speechless when the body began to slowly shrink, the fur falling off the monster's body ... the claws slowly becoming hands and the flesh that was once human returning to Vicar Amelia. She winced and gasped at the pain as her bones began reverting into a smaller species, being compacted and readjusted accordingly to biology. Before the good hunter, he saw a human woman with antlers, in the nude .... on fours. With another gasp, she crawled hastily towards her pendant that was on the ground- after all, she dropped it during her transformation. Suddenly, she noticed something being placed over her ... it was Gauche's coat. Despite it being somewhat bloody from his wounds- he was being a gentlemen towards someone that was so eager to kill him. Clenching to the coat, she asked him, ".. .. Why? .. .. Why are you, doing this?"

"Why? It's because i'm in love with you Amelia." Gauche responded, keeping his smile despite feeling weaker as he had lost four pints of blood by now. She looked so conflicted, confused ... staring long and hard at Gauche. ".. I am head of the Healing Church. I swore an oath to slay any hunters in my wake, clearly you cannot be in love with an enemy?" With her eyes widened, she felt her hands held by the hunter's, the pendant between both of their clenched hands. "I could care less about your past, or your nature Amelia. What I see before me now, is a beautiful woman who's all alone in this church. Please, before I pass away ... will you accept my love, Amelia?"

". .. . .. ... How, do you know my name .. .. .?"

"Because I was your childhood friend, remember?" Gauche smiled, making Amelia stood with her eyes wide as saucers, tears slowly starting to spring up. Yes, when she was a child who had lost her parents to the hunters while the scourge of beasts took place in early Yharnam, only one person comforted her during that tragic moment- Gauche. Indeed, he was there to give her shelter when the hunters had gone insane by killing anything or anyone that had any hints of beasthood about them. Amelia and her family had been infected, cursed ... and were slowly becoming beasts themselves. Eventually, Amelia was welcomed by the Healing Church and given insight on how to control her inner beast, and with The Beast's Rune, she had transformed into something beyond just a werewolf- a Cleric Beast. Of course, because of her faith in the Great Ones, she was blessed with white fur and spared from being a mutation ... yet, she still could not resist the call of blood and hunt down lesser men out of hatred for humanity.

Yet, there was but one person she could not forget, even when she turned to take on multiple hunters at once ... the child whom helped her overcome the loss of her parents, and move on in life. He, who was Gauche, was now reunited with Amelia, whom began to cry on the spot. She had nearly killed the very person whom saved her life a long time ago. There, he embraced her in a hug and both stood there in silence, as tears began to hit the man's bloodied shirt as a pool of red stood underneath Gauche.

"... How are you now?"

"Damn, I forgot you could do that. Are all vicars that amazing or ...?"

Yes, Vicar Amelia had used her cosmic healing powers to save Gauche from bleeding out. The golden aura had washed over the man whom was so close to death's door, and now had nearly recovered. The scars will remain, but he would not be hindered in the future. Giving Amelia a kiss on the head, he said, "Thank you, Amelia."

".. I couldn't stand by and let you die by my own hand .. I couldn't live with myself knowing I murdered the only person that looked past the beast and saw a little girl." She smiled, yet both knew they couldn't stay here for long ... Gauche's friends would soon arrive and probably slay both of them if they knew. "I know you want me to take my leave with you ... but, I cannot. I serve the Great Ones, and I shalt watch over their secrets until the day I die. But, ... if, you are ever in need of me, please .... call my name. I will come, as your summon. Farewell, Gauche." She leaned in, granting him a passionate kiss before slowly backing away. As much as it hurt, he understood her duty as a vicar, and with that ... bid her a goodbye. Leaving the Healing Church, he will have to revisit Amelia with some flowers he earned next time.

Prey Slaughtered ... ?

Arnoxthe1:

Caramel Frappe:

Vicar Amelia took 3 + 13 = 15 damage, she is now at 4 health.

Actually that should be 16 damage. So the attack would reduce her to 3 health instead of 4. And she would heal herself to 10 instead of 11.

-

Darn, i'm so bad at math ... I even got a simple equation wrong. Thanks for correcting me ^_^ lol.

Caramel Frappe:
Darn, i'm so bad at math ... I even got a simple equation wrong. Thanks for correcting me ^_^ lol.

No prob. I do it sometimes too.

"That's not possible" he thought to himself, as the bloodied white beast desperately tried to extricate itself from the bent and mangled metal and crystal of the chandelier. Not only had it survived the monumentous impact, but it had also managed to snatch Arnox up in it's hungry jaws, spitting and slathering in fury.

It was a hunter's instinct to render assistance when possible and Programmed_For_Damage didn't hesitate. Letting go of the candelabra he cross the short distance to try and help free Arnox. The heavy chandelier kept Vicar Amelia bowed enough for her head to remain within reach. There was not much he could hope to achieve with only one arm, but needs must. He wedged his foot in the small, fleshy gap between the canine and incisor and with his single good arm he pushed up on her jaw as hard as possible. It was like trying to lift an ox cart, and despite the fierce burning in his muscles he wasn't even sure he was making any difference. He looked down at Arnox, who appeared to be fading fast and noticed something loosely hanging from her thigh. It seemed his memory had served him well.

"I'm going to need you to hold on just a little longer" he said to her. She groaned in response, but he wasn't sure if that was through pain or acknowledgement. Either way, he had to do this now. She weakly raised both hands to brace against the crushing pressure of Amelia's jaws. Programmed_For_Damage hopped back from the beast's maw and then reached and grabbed the ornate pistol sitting loosely in its holster on her thigh. It had a bit of weight to it, meaning it was loaded. He had shot guns before, but never carried one. If you were going to take someone's life, at least have the courtesy to look them in the eye as you do it, was his creed. He squinted one eye and stared down the barrel at the thin sliver of steel marking the trajectory. Thumbing back the hammer he aimed straight for the beast's eye and pulled the trigger.

For a minute there I thought Caramel was going to try and win his own "Best Death Notice" award with Gauche.

Who says there are no such thing as happy endings?

Ha he actually rolled a 20 on the romancing. Golden

Arnoxthe1:
The woman was practically mindless with pain now as she lay in the beast's mouth, but in such a state, she was also no longer thinking even a second about her attacks. Although this had obvious disadvantages, it did come with the advantage of quickness and resolve. In mindless fury and incredible strength, each of her fingers soon became white hot little scalpels as she grabbed at and dug them right into the beast's face, not even bothering to speak the incantations. In such a state as she was in, her magic became instinctual. Primal. She willed it so and magic made it so simply because of her raw enraged will in the moment. She could feel the beast's bone now as the Vicar's fur and skin practically disintegrated under her fiery touch.

"YOU BROUGHT THIS! YOU BROUGHT THIS UPON US ALL AND NOW I WILL BRING THIS UPON YOU!!" She cried out.

Programmed_For_Damage:
"That's not possible" he thought to himself, as the bloodied white beast desperately tried to extricate itself from the bent and mangled metal and crystal of the chandelier. Not only had it survived the monumentous impact, but it had also managed to snatch Arnox up in it's hungry jaws, spitting and slathering in fury.

It was a hunter's instinct to render assistance when possible and Programmed_For_Damage didn't hesitate. Letting go of the candelabra he cross the short distance to try and help free Arnox. The heavy chandelier kept Vicar Amelia bowed enough for her head to remain within reach. There was not much he could hope to achieve with only one arm, but needs must. He wedged his foot in the small, fleshy gap between the canine and incisor and with his single good arm he pushed up on her jaw as hard as possible. It was like trying to lift an ox cart, and despite the fierce burning in his muscles he wasn't even sure he was making any difference. He looked down at Arnox, who appeared to be fading fast and noticed something loosely hanging from her thigh. It seemed his memory had served him well.

"I'm going to need you to hold on just a little longer" he said to her. She groaned in response, but he wasn't sure if that was through pain or acknowledgement. Either way, he had to do this now. She weakly raised both hands to brace against the crushing pressure of Amelia's jaws. Programmed_For_Damage hopped back from the beast's maw and then reached and grabbed the ornate pistol sitting loosely in its holster on her thigh. It had a bit of weight to it, meaning it was loaded. He had shot guns before, but never carried one. If you were going to take someone's life, at least have the courtesy to look them in the eye as you do it, was his creed. He squinted one eye and stared down the barrel at the thin sliver of steel marking the trajectory. Thumbing back the hammer he aimed straight for the beast's eye and pulled the trigger.

Arnoxthe1 (2) and Programmed_For_Damage (17) | Vicar Amelia (10)

D20: 12
D20: 12
You two make such a good team, you even landed the same rolls XD

This is what happens when you let blind rage take over ... no longer do you think up of any strategies, logical actions, or have common sense- and this was Vicar Amelia's downfall. Out of sheer desperation, she tried to finish off Arnoxthe1 and in trying to do so, only sealed her fate. Unlike before where the gifted hunter's magic would only 'merely' hurt, having so much of it pour into one spot where the bone was revealed was greatly hurting the giant beast. Despite this, she was not going to let go ... she was going to chomp this girl in half no matter what. That was, until from the corner of her eye- she saw Programmed_For_Damage's long barreled pistol aimed towards her pupil. Normally, a gun would merely sting if not blind a beast for a bit before the eye could regenerate ... yet, this wasn't an ordinary pistol. The gun was like a shot gun close up, and the bullets were silver ... so Amelia was not going to be regaining her eye any time soon.

The shot was fired, and the bullet caused most of the central area of the eye to be blown inward- causing Amelia to literally screech which allowed Arnoxthe1 the freedom she needed. The bullet managed to hit her brain, causing her one hell of a headache, and with the magic that burnt most of her mouth ... it was certain, she wasn't getting out of this. Arnoxthe1 wanted to ensure the white beast wouldn't be getting up so with all of her might, she used the last ounce of strength to lift a long, metal piece from the broken chandelier, and sent it flying towards the beast's face. It impaled her face to the ground, the metal piece reaching 15 feet high and 5 feet outward ... it was the perfect spear. Just in case, Programmed_For_Damage came up and kicked the beast's snout to make sure it was dead ... and yes, that did the trick. Both of them managed to take down Vicar Amelia before anyone died to the jaws of the beast.

Vicar Amelia took 7 + 7 = 14 damage, she is now at -4 health.

kenu12345:

... Even proof wouldn't be enough at this point. I just can't seem to win as GM sometimes T_T

Caramel Frappe:

kenu12345:

... Even proof wouldn't be enough at this point. I just can't seem to win as GM sometimes T_T

Heh hey but you got to admit of all people to roll a twenty, its hilarious he did. Especially since he was bout to die anyway

kenu12345:

Caramel Frappe:

kenu12345:

Heh hey but you got to admit of all people to roll a twenty, its hilarious he did. Especially since he was bout to die anyway

... You and him are probably the luckiest saps in this SK Game. I swear to god, it's like the system is cheating me when I deserve those kills -__- ... yet as a GM, I have to bid by my code and post honorably.

EDIT: Scratch that, gigastar is the luckiest one with that unthinkable comeback he made. I'm still pissed by the way.

Programmed_For_Damage:

Caramel Frappe:

kenu12345:

Awwww... You win by being an awesome GM. This game definitely wouldn't have been possible without you.

Breathing heavily, Programmed_For_Damage dropped the smoking pistol from his trembling hand. He wandered over to the limp length of singed meat that used to be his left arm and wistfully picked it up. No amount of wishing or magic was going to fix this. And to think of all the money he had wasted on those tattoos. He'd heard that further north there was an inventor who had done amazing, unimaginable things with straps, pulleys and gears. Perhaps there was another option.

He slowly walked over to Arnox, who was painfully raising herself to her feet. She looked at him and smiled with a sense of satisfaction. "We did it."

"High five", he replied almost cheerfully, and extended the dead palm of his missing arm toward her. A moment passed. "Don't leave me hanging" he said with a wry smile. She looked at his weary, gore-streaked face, still trying to decide if he was serious or just being inappropriately disgusting. He shook the severed arm by the wrist, causing the hand to jiggle jauntily. At times like this all you could do was laugh, and there was a wet slap as skin met skin before the two burst into a fit of laughter that echoed through the cavernous chapel.

"Now let's go before the priests decide who they want to foot the damage bill."

Programmed_For_Damage:
Breathing heavily, Programmed_For_Damage dropped the smoking pistol from his trembling hand. He wandered over to the limp length of singed meat that used to be his left arm and wistfully picked it up. No amount of wishing or magic was going to fix this. And to think of all the money he had wasted on those tattoos. He'd heard that further north there was an inventor who had done amazing, unimaginable things with straps, pulleys and gears. Perhaps there was another option.

He slowly walked over to Arnox, who was painfully raising herself to her feet. She looked at him and smiled with a sense of satisfaction. "We did it."

"High five", he replied almost cheerfully, and extended the dead palm of his missing arm toward her. A moment passed. "Don't leave me hanging" he said with a wry smile. She looked at his weary, gore-streaked face, still trying to decide if he was serious or just being inappropriately disgusting. He shook the severed arm by the wrist, causing the hand to jiggle jauntily. At times like this all you could do was laugh, and there was a wet slap as skin met skin before the two burst into a fit of laughter that echoed through the cavernous chapel.

"Now let's go before the priests decide who they want to foot the damage bill."

"Actually..." the woman said softly, "give me your severed arm." Programmed looked incredulously at her.
"What for?" He said.
"Just trust me~" She then took it and pull him over a little and pressed the severed arm to his stump. Then, muttering incantations, she slowly began to heal him.

It actually took around thirty minutes, all said and done. Which was why she couldn't really do this during the fight. But the healing worked perfectly, Programmed's arm was soon totally reattached and working. "Looks like you'll have to continue putting off your dreams of being a cyborg." she said softly with a smile. As to herself, she did some very basic mends but at the moment, she just wanted to leave the now wrecked church. As they limped their way towards the door though, a stream of sunlight began to shine through the windows. It was dawn. The sun had finally began to come up, starting a new day. She began to cry silently to herself, still smiling, thinking how just a little earlier, she thought the night would never end. They began to walk back outside now, but then a thought came to her and she stopped. The sword...

Leaving Programmed at the doorway for now, she came over to the longsword laying in the corner of the church. The blade was still shiny and smooth despite the stress it had been put under. She then picked it up and closed her eyes, speaking another small incantation. A simple blue scabbard soon shimmered at her feet and she picked it up, smoothly sliding the sword into it. They had prevailed today, but tomorrow was another day. Old heroes would pass away and new villains would rise. The thought began to make her a little gloomy despite their victory, but as long as people stood for what was right, if they held their ground, she knew evil would never truly win. For evil only wins when one succumbs to it in their heart.

And so it was. And so it is. And so it shall be.

*END*

-

Alright. Batman time.

JUMBO PALACE:
A thundering *GASP* issues from JUMBO as he takes his first breath, blood coursing through his veins for the first time in days, dead muscles shuddering back to life after his ruthless "execution". Eyes darting back and forth he assesses the situation, desperately attempting to control his breathing and remembering, as always, that he is prepared.

206 bones, five major organs, 60,000 miles of blood vessels.

All it takes is time. Days. Months.

Years spent memorizing the finite ways there are to hurt and break a man. Preparing for all of them.

I've escaped from every conceivable death trap. Ten times. A dozen times.

I can slow my breathing and metabolism to control panic and conserve air.

Straitjacket's kindergarten. Locks too.

Bench pressing a pine coffin lid through 600 pounds of loose soil that's filling your mouth, crushing your lungs flat and shredding your dehydrated muscles?

That's harder.

Stepping from the grave and breathing fresh clean air for the first time I gather my strength, gingerly stretching and massaging my aching body back to full function. And I will need it. Standing not far away is the monstrous Vicar Amelia, my target, my prey. I slip on my shock gloves and trudge forward, ready to fulfill my purpose.

JUMBO PALACE (30) | Vicar Amelia (30)

D20: 11
Don't know what you're doing attack wise ... sorry if I am god modding you atm.

The dark knight was restless, he would not stop at nothing to put this beast into the dirt ... it was as if fate resurrected him for this very battle. Vicar Amelia growled, holding onto her precious pendant while crawling forward- eager to put another hunter down before they can uncover the terrible secret that The Healing Church kept hidden for so long. JUMBO PALACE wasn't walking in unprepared, he knew exactly what he was up against. Taking out his boomerang shaped like a bat, he threw it at the white lycan. While enormous, she would think of this little attack as 'pathetic' when in reality, that's exactly what Father Gascoigne thought too ... until it blew up. The explosion caused Vicar Amelia's face to take a pretty bad hit, making her screech in pain with some blood slipping down her neck.

Vicar Amelia took 7 damage, she is now at 23 health.

JUMBO PALACE (30) | Vicar Amelia (23)

D20: 19 (critical)

She hissed which was synced with a beast's deep growl, gathering herself from that sudden hit. Yet, she was more pissed than injured, in fact she was determined to simply kill this man from his ballsy assault rather than doing her oath. Letting out a high pitched war cry, she jumped forward with her hands held together- about to slam down onto JUMBO PALACE. He dodged it by doing several rolls, yet ... ironically, his cape got caught in some rubble when it came flying down. He was trapped, and before he could escape- Vicar Amelia back handed him right in the face- forcing him to fly several feet. While normally, this wouldn't be too awful ... her hand was huge and a direct hit like that really did a number on his face, and his upper torso (ribs, neck, ect.) were pretty jacked up from the sheer force of the beast's brutality.

JUMBO PALACE took 13 damage, he is now at 17 health.

Caramel Frappe:

Oh shit...

Arnoxthe1:

Caramel Frappe:

Oh shit...

Yup. That's a cruel roll. And it gets worse when Vicar Amelia starts healing.

Programmed_For_Damage:

Arnoxthe1:

Caramel Frappe:

Oh shit...

Yup. That's a cruel roll. And it gets worse when Vicar Amelia starts healing.

Yeah, honestly, her healing is brutal in one v one. Most of the time she heals for the same mount one hits

I think JUMBO PALACE gave up. lol

Pages PREV 1 . . . 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 . . . 31 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or