Serial Killer Round 82: Night of the Hunt (Closed, Cycle 7)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 NEXT

Caramel Frappe:

MiskWisk:
Hmm... Guess I'm going at it alone then.
Very well!
-------------------------------

Whoever said you don't take your stuff with you when you die clearly had never died before. Somewhat obvious perhaps but critical to the trustworthiness of the source all the same.

It was still odd to be wielding the weapon that was used to kill you though. Even if it had been yours in the first place.

Still, looking up at the thing that had descended from the crimson moon, it's silhouetted form writhing in the dark, I couldn't help but be glad that I was back to full strength. I would have my rest. This thing would not take me.

Suddenly, the stalemate broke. The thing swept it's arm in toward my left and I leapt out of it's reach while bringing my saw up across my shoulder for leverage. Faster than I expected, it lunged forward, searching hands lurching inhumanly towards me. Thinking fast, I rolled forwards, keeping a tight grip on my saw as I did so, and passed underneath the creature losing momentum next to its right leg. Quickly, I spun my whirligig and began grinding into its thigh hoping to cripple its impressive speed.

... *cough*

JUMBO PALACE:

MiskWisk:
Gah! Real life has been kicking my arse lately and I forgot about this. Still, I'm back baby and I'll be taking part in this fight. Anyone want to do a team up or do I just charge in on my own?

If you're looking for a buddy I'll be happy to join you. I thought about lone wolfing this one but I'm a little afraid of what Caramel has cooked up for our final boss. Let me know and then we can get some intro posts worked up!

With JUMBO PALACE's recent post, he is in a duo with you good sir.

*Squints*
Bloody hell. How did I miss that?

New personal rule! No posting while sleep deprived.

Caramel Frappe:

kenu12345:

Caramel Frappe:

With JUMBO PALACE's recent post, he is in a duo with you good sir.

So does that mean you are just counting them together when you calculate things

Yep! I don't see why not, and besides ... they're going to end up posting in sync once things get rough lol.

Can't wait to see

MiskWisk:

*Squints*

Agreed. It sounds like we'll need our wits about us for this one.

JUMBO PALACE:

MiskWisk:

*Squints*

Still waiting to see ya shout 'IM BATMAN' in a battle

kenu12345:

JUMBO PALACE:

MiskWisk:

*Squints*

Still waiting to see ya shout 'IM BATMAN' in a battle

Haha! I did work in "I'm the goddamn Batman" in a post already but I'll see what I can do!

Also, did Caramel die?

JUMBO PALACE:
Also, did Caramel die?

Nope .... just a few things came up that prevented me from keeping up with the SK Game.

(Escapist drama / controversy, got promoted at my job so I have more hours now, college courses with a test coming up, and League of Legends's rank season almost ending so i'm climbing as fast as I can)

I'll be posting today for sure, on behalf of the final boss.

Caramel Frappe:

JUMBO PALACE:
Also, did Caramel die?

Nope .... just a few things came up that prevented me from keeping up with the SK Game.

(Escapist drama / controversy, got promoted at my job so I have more hours now, college courses with a test coming up, and League of Legends's rank season almost ending so i'm climbing as fast as I can)

I'll be posting today for sure, on behalf of the final boss.

No worries pal, just making a funny :)

Caramel Frappe:
League of Legends' rank season almost ending so I'm climbing as fast as I can

Bro this is priority one, fuck responsibilities.

kenu12345:
The vessel hit the ground hard, skipping a few times before the dark fog manage to twirl just right into a upright hover. It looked back at its back, another hole opened in the corpse where black fog was leaking out of, this weak vessel wouldn't last long at this pace. This will have to end soon or...

Finally noticing the new combatant, it dashed to Arnox's side. A quiet nod is all that the corpse makes before circling her at a fast enough speed to create a mini vortex round her. Dark fog starts to leave the body as it does so, fashioning around Arnox into a very similar cloak as worn by the corpse and embuing her blade with a dark glow.

Arnoxthe1:
With Kenu forming a protective barrier around her and giving her sword a dark enchantment, she faced the Great One and began to walk slowly to him, sword in hand. But she felt deeply anxious to say the least. And not for the usual reasons. She did not know what this being had in store for her. At least for Amelia it was just claws and teeth. Very unpleasant but nothing unexpected in the slightest. But she felt she did have a small advantage right now. It definitely seemed the being wanted her as unharmed as possible. The thought though also made her even more uncomfortable as she thought about what kind of person she would be turned into if he truly got ahold of her once more.

Nevertheless, she made her attack, feinting off to the left but then quickly swinging a nasty little blow right to his right arm at the last half-second.

Serial Killer Round 82: Night of the Hunt: Hunter's Dream
kenu12345 (17) and Arnoxthe1 (30) | Moon Presence (24)

D20: 13 + 5 (critical)
Wow, somehow you guys managed to pull that off ... barely

Witnessing the black fog grant Arnoxthe1 such a mysterious power made the Moon Presence quite cautious ... after all, it held knowledge over all things outside of this realm. Seeing this was like seeing a different color for the first time- it made no logical sense. But, it also deeply intrigued the creature, slightly tilting it's head to study the makings and how it was achieved. Still, it felt confident enough to not fear such magic and besides- kenu12345 was no longer active. Now it was a 1v1 fight, allowing the creature to focus rather than multitask like before.

As Arnoxthe1 danced around the right before landing a strike- the Moon Presence tried blocking it with the palm out. Yet, to it's shock, the blade not only pierced through the hand to hit the arm, the aura managed to eat away the left hand; causing the wound to become a massive hole in it's palm. Letting out a cry that the human ear couldn't comprehend, it skittered backwards, holding it's left wrist to see the gaping wound. All the meat, muscle, and bone was rotted away- leaving but a void where you can see the ground through the hole. Blood was dripping down it, like a leaking pipe ... making the creature stare longer than it intended to. Gazing at it's right arm, the stab managed to reach the bone, which shouldn't be possible for it's muscle was far superior than any materials you could forge on Earth. Slowly glaring at Arnoxthe1, it knew she was the right one.

Moon Presence took 13 damage, it is now at 11 health.

kenu12345 (17) and Arnoxthe1 (30) | Moon Presence (11)

D20: 16 + 5 (critical)

Instead of going on a rampage or striking back ... it slowly began to ascend, float upwards. Hovering in the air, it's hollowed face, the hole began to glow red. Suddenly, a huge burst of the red shot forth, the shock wave sprung out faster than the human eye could blink. In just that second, Arnoxthe1 felt a surge of something, something very familiar. But this time, the dosage was massive to the point she literally dropped to her knees and held her head. Clenching it, she could feel the insight flooding her mind, her consciousness slowly fading away ... as the Moon Presence watched from above, lingering over the conflicted hunter.

... A laugh. A laugh escaped Arnoxthe1's lips before she got up, eyes glowing blue. She continued to chuckle as the girl gleefully looked at kenu12345's body. Dragging that sword of hers, she couldn't help but smile the whole way. Once she approached the slumped body, Arnoxthe1 raised her sword over it- the blade rose with the tip pointed towards the back. Yet, she hesitated- as if she was capable of holding herself back. A struggle between herself and the Moon Presence making her go MAD, she instantly brought the sword downward- only to end up stabbing herself in the chest. Again, and again, and again- multiple stabs to herself to prevent the body from carrying out the deed in finishing off her ally. Dropping to her knees, blood oozed out of her chest with a few wounds. While none struck the heart, she felt such pain it locked her muscles up, Arnoxthe1 feeling like she was slowly descending into what drove all the other Hunters into killing their brethren ... into MADNESS.

kenu12345 took 0 damage, he is now at 17 health.
Arnoxthe1 took 13 damage, she is now at 17 health.

Arnoxthe1 was given 13 Insight, she is now 7 away from going MAD.

.... Guess what happens when someone goes MAD in the boss fight? ;)

Caramel Frappe:
.... Guess what happens when someone goes MAD in the boss fight? ;)

They rage quit? Joking. Honestly glad that buff worked

Caramel Frappe:

Escapist drama / controversy - Booooo!
Got promoted at my job so I have more hours now - Yay!
College courses with a test coming up - Boo?
League of Legends's rank season almost ending so i'm climbing as fast as I can - Yay!

I decided to sit this one out and retire undefeated (except for the whole Beast winning thing, which we'll sweep under the rug).

Programmed_For_Damage:
I decided to sit this one out and retire undefeated (except for the whole Beast winning thing, which we'll sweep under the rug).

Booooo!

Nobody... calls me... chicken.

Anyone wanting to team up against the boss? Or is it like my High School days all over again and I'm the one left to dance with the teacher?

kenu12345:

Something... Very bad... >_> I don't want to spoil it though.

-

The woman lay kneeled upon the ground, clutching her self-inflicted wounds, the glow in her eyes fading some with her resistance but not completely. She felt pain but oddly enough though, once again, it seemed somewhat far away. She knew now all her old powers were coming back to her quite speedily, including her control over her own pain. Her arms slowly slid back to her sides now as she thought of what to do. Then she heard that enthralling voice in her mind again.

"Please... Don't do this to yourself, my beautiful daughter. Embrace your powers and embrace me. You need to. You must..."
"I must..." She whispered, slowly becoming entranced with Insight again. But... She had to resist... Why did she have to resist? It felt so good~ Such a silly thing to do~ The thought made her giggle again. No, wait... It wasn't a silly thing. No. Her friends. Her friends were counting on her. She then rammed her mind into focus, or as much as she could anyway, and began to think fast.

It was clear that either way, this fight was going to end much faster than the others. Either she would destroy this beast quickly with her power or... She would be taken and turned into a giggling slave always... Insight... Insight! That was it! She could use the Great One's weapon against him, but it was risky as Insight always is. Damn, so much risk! But she didn't have a choice anymore and she had to decide.

She then got up and defiantly turned to the Great One before her. She soon began to drawn on Kenu's own mental strength to resist the Great One's influence over her. She would need all the help she could get with what she was about to do. Then she opened her mind and body up to it all, as if swinging open a door to herself, letting the Insight and all it's power fill her as much as she could manage.

But she almost collapsed with the sheer rush of it. Even though she braced her mind, she felt all kinds of knowledge and power flow deep into her mind and body. But along with all that incredible power came incredible temptation as the Great One's influence over her only increased. So much desire now to give in... To do as he wanted and desired. To accept his wonderous gifts of power and pleasure and to lose herself forever. But she shook her head. It took every last bit of will to even grasp upon Kenu's will for support, and even then, it was like she was clinging onto Kenu like one would desperately grip a metal pole, trying desperately not to let go and be blown away in the hurricane.

As the woman took in all she possibly could, she said a silent prayer to whatever gods might be listening and then directed her amassed power right upon the Great One, willing as much as possible that he be destroyed.

(No matter how this ends, I got an awesome ending planned. XD )

Arnoxthe1:

kenu12345:

Something... Very bad... >_> I don't want to spoil it though.

Oh I can assume what it is. I am simply kidding. Surprised you were told what though

Programmed_For_Damage:
Anyone wanting to team up against the boss? Or is it like my High School days all over again and I'm the one left to dance with the teacher?

I would actually have started it again with you but I wanted to give a phantom another chance to fight.

Arnoxthe1:

Programmed_For_Damage:

I would actually have started it again with you but I wanted to give a phantom another chance to fight.

That's cool. Thanx anyway. There's a public holiday here tomorrow leading into the weekend, so chances are I wouldn't have checked in often enough regardless.

Diablo1099:
"Ohhhh....holy fuck...my head..." Damien remarked as he began to stir, face down in the dirt, thinking he was just awakening from a terrible hang-over.
This entire thing was just a mess, the cross-promotion with his source material and this creepy ass Sweeney Todd-meets-Twilight bullshit was pointless, his head hurt and the only thing he had going for him was the fact apparently managed to find a bar that didn't put pussy blood in the drinks.
As he picked himself up, it was then he realized that something wasn't right at all with this place, usually he didn't wake up pass out drunk next to anything burning, he trained himself against that.
"...What the-..." He managed to get out as he noticed a rather large-...thing fighting several other of those cosplay morons he found himself shacked up with.
"...Wait-....wait-shit, shit, oh-...shit..." He began to panic as the reality of the situation began to sank in, his wasn't him waking up from a hang over: He was in Hell!

That's right! He died! Horribly! And they didn't even donate his dick to science?!
This overwhelmed him as he held his head, as if that would help him make sense of all this any better.
"....Gahhhhh-AHHHHHHH! ALRIGHT! WHO WANTS SOME OF THIS!?! I'M NOT TRAPPED IN HERE WITH YOU! YOU'RE ALL TRAPPED IN HERE WITH ME!" He then shouted before finally discarding his outfit to reveal a pair of wrist mounted machine guns.
At this point, everything was fair game, Hell was Hell for everyone and if he was going to be made someone's bitch, he would have a whole damn harem of his own.

As such, he began to keenly fire his weapons at everything he could see as moving, which for the most part involved The Moon Presence getting most of his ire.
"HEY! TELL HITLER AFTER I'M FINISHED FUCKING YOU OVER, I'M MAKING HIM EAT WHICHEVER BALL HE HAS LEFT NOW!" He then shouted before firing upon the creature.

The Raw Shark:
I grapple on to a higher vantage point before coming back down like a torpedo.

Time for a strong opening.

BFG FROM RIGHT ON TOP OF IT.

Smoke covers the area, figure that dressed suspiciously like Doctor Doom seemed rather confused.

Let him, he's in good hands now regardless. (Ignores the arm I had to duct tape back on)

See vague shape in the form of the moon presence.

Another direct hit ought to do the trick.

But first.

Molotov for tenderness.

And a blast for a better roast.

It's game on, let's see how this goes.

Diablo1099 (30) and The Raw Shark (30) | Moon Presence (30)

D20: 13
D20: 12

Most Hunters tend to rely on their hand crafted weapons, such as the saw, the axe, the spear ... perhaps even a rather large hammer. But with Damien popping out machine guns was something the Moon Presence did not see coming, and could not avoid the mass amount of bullets being fired in it's direction. Crossing it's arms over the face and the multiple tails hovering over it's front like a loose shield, it could only try defending itself. While it's thick skin managed to keep most of the bullets from doing some serious harm, the limbs and tails were certainly getting weaker from the assault. Suddenly, the bullets stopped ... and as it lowered it's guard, another Hunter known as The Raw Shark smacked into it's backside before tossing a molotov into it's tentacle-like hair, the Moon Presence became stunned. Surely, this being from the cosmos underestimated the power of the Hunter's.

Moon Presence took 7 + 7 = 14 damage, it is now at 16 health.

Diablo1099 (30) and The Raw Shark (30) | Moon Presence (16)

D20: 5 + 5

The mind of this celestial being was quite complicated, and by no means did it act like a beast. It knew the weight of the situation, the gravity of the problem ... and while The Raw Shark was right on it's back, it was Damien whom had the firepower to do some real damage. Sensing he was the bigger threat, the creature charged forth- forcing the masked Hunter to fall off from the sheer speed of this monstrosity. As Damien went to reload his machine guns, the Moon Presence swatted the man upward with one claw, before using the other claw to pin him down during mid flight. The impact that clashed with the ground forced multiple flowers out of the way, shoved out of their roots from the volume of it's power. Damien's body was now held down by this creature's hand, the Moon Presence ready to absorb the man's soul with it's hollowed face.

Diablo1099 took 7 damage, he is now at 23 health.
The Raw Shark took 0 damage, he is now at 30 health.

Arnoxthe1:

The woman lay kneeled upon the ground, clutching her self-inflicted wounds, the glow in her eyes fading some with her resistance but not completely. She felt pain but oddly enough though, once again, it seemed somewhat far away. She knew now all her old powers were coming back to her quite speedily, including her control over her own pain. Her arms slowly slid back to her sides now as she thought of what to do. Then she heard that enthralling voice in her mind again.

"Please... Don't do this to yourself, my beautiful daughter. Embrace your powers and embrace me. You need to. You must..."
"I must..." She whispered, slowly becoming entranced with Insight again. But... She had to resist... Why did she have to resist? It felt so good~ Such a silly thing to do~ The thought made her giggle again. No, wait... It wasn't a silly thing. No. Her friends. Her friends were counting on her. She then rammed her mind into focus, or as much as she could anyway, and began to think fast.

It was clear that either way, this fight was going to end much faster than the others. Either she would destroy this beast quickly with her power or... She would be taken and turned into a giggling slave always... Insight... Insight! That was it! She could use the Great One's weapon against him, but it was risky as Insight always is. Damn, so much risk! But she didn't have a choice anymore and she had to decide.

She then got up and defiantly turned to the Great One before her. She soon began to drawn on Kenu's own mental strength to resist the Great One's influence over her. She would need all the help she could get with what she was about to do. Then she opened her mind and body up to it all, as if swinging open a door to herself, letting the Insight and all it's power fill her as much as she could manage.

But she almost collapsed with the sheer rush of it. Even though she braced her mind, she felt all kinds of knowledge and power flow deep into her mind and body. But along with all that incredible power came incredible temptation as the Great One's influence over her only increased. So much desire now to give in... To do as he wanted and desired. To accept his wonderous gifts of power and pleasure and to lose herself forever. But she shook her head. It took every last bit of will to even grasp upon Kenu's will for support, and even then, it was like she was clinging onto Kenu like one would desperately grip a metal pole, trying desperately not to let go and be blown away in the hurricane.

As the woman took in all she possibly could, she said a silent prayer to whatever gods might be listening and then directed her amassed power right upon the Great One, willing as much as possible that he be destroyed.

(No matter how this ends, I got an awesome ending planned. XD )

(I may end up regretting this)
The corpse turned, noticing Arnox drawing on other worldly knowledge to focus attack. This was foolish, this much the entity possessing it knew, but... Gliding behind Arnox, the corpse grips onto arnox arms, a bit of the dark fog focusing in our the energy she's building up. In a raspy otherworldly voice the corpse speaks "Focus human, the void is on your side. Take it and use it"
(I couldn't think of much besides this since I ain't the main attacker here)

Caramel Frappe:

Most Hunters tend to rely on their hand crafted weapons, such as the saw, the axe, the spear ... perhaps even a rather large hammer. But with Damien popping out machine guns was something the Moon Presence did not see coming, and could not avoid the mass amount of bullets being fired in it's direction. Crossing it's arms over the face and the multiple tails hovering over it's front like a loose shield, it could only try defending itself. While it's thick skin managed to keep most of the bullets from doing some serious harm, the limbs and tails were certainly getting weaker from the assault. Suddenly, the bullets stopped ... and as it lowered it's guard, another Hunter known as The Raw Shark smacked into it's backside before tossing a molotov into it's tentacle-like hair, the Moon Presence became stunned. Surely, this being from the cosmos underestimated the power of the Hunter's.

The mind of this celestial being was quite complicated, and by no means did it act like a beast. It knew the weight of the situation, the gravity of the problem ... and while The Raw Shark was right on it's back, it was Damien whom had the firepower to do some real damage. Sensing he was the bigger threat, the creature charged forth- forcing the masked Hunter to fall off from the sheer speed of this monstrosity. As Damien went to reload his machine guns, the Moon Presence swatted the man upward with one claw, before using the other claw to pin him down during mid flight. The impact that clashed with the ground forced multiple flowers out of the way, shoved out of their roots from the volume of it's power. Damien's body was now held down by this creature's hand, the Moon Presence ready to absorb the man's soul with it's hollowed face.

Welp, since I may as well go all out

Hurm.
Let's rock!

FIRST THERE'S THE STINGER!

I blast forward, lancing the sword straight in to the beast's gut before repeatedly stabbing it several more times

NOW FOR HIGH TIME!

I slash the beast upwards in the air before SMASHING it right back down to the floor again and giving it another combo

Final follow up with an explosive round from the double barrel.

Caramel Frappe:
snip

Caramel pls.

JUMBO PALACE:
Mood music https://youtu.be/iwAiKUatUKo?t=481

Batman draws his cape about him, eyes narrowed into inscrutable slits. Balling his hand into a fist he surveys the new assailant.

"It never ends, does it" he mused. One night after another. One fight after another. One sacrifice after another. Maybe this would be his last. Once more into the fray. Once more into the darkness that had so defined his life.

The bat musters his courage quietly. The panache and theatricality gone, stolen from him in the previous engagements. He marches forward to the eldritch creature and stares deep into it's eyes. Or at least, what passed for eyes on this... thing's face.

"You think you've already won. That there's no one left to challenge you. But here I stand, and here you fall."

The Batman gathers what's left of his resolve and cocks his fist, hoping beyond hope that it's enough.

MiskWisk:
Whoever said you don't take your stuff with you when you die clearly had never died before. Somewhat obvious perhaps but critical to the trustworthiness of the source all the same.

It was still odd to be wielding the weapon that was used to kill you though. Even if it had been yours in the first place.

Still, looking up at the thing that had descended from the crimson moon, it's silhouetted form writhing in the dark, I couldn't help but be glad that I was back to full strength. I would have my rest. This thing would not take me.

Suddenly, the stalemate broke. The thing swept it's arm in toward my left and I leapt out of it's reach while bringing my saw up across my shoulder for leverage. Faster than I expected, it lunged forward, searching hands lurching inhumanly towards me. Thinking fast, I rolled forwards, keeping a tight grip on my saw as I did so, and passed underneath the creature losing momentum next to its right leg. Quickly, I spun my whirligig and began grinding into its thigh hoping to cripple its impressive speed.

JUMBO PALACE (30) and MiskWisk (30) | Moon Presence (30)

D20: 8
D20: 15

While it was true that JUMBO PALACE was stronger than most men and was punching with the force to knock out a rhino ... the Moon Presence wouldn't be having any of it. Trying to attack this thing with his fist was honestly going to do little, for the creature merely blocked it with it's palm, a palm big enough to shield it's entire face. The impact didn't even phase the monstrosity, but it did buy time for MiskWisk to move in and start pushing is whirligig into the beast's thigh, the saw chipping away into the muscle. A cry not from this world escaped the creature's hollowed face as it skittered back, the leg bleeding from the harsh wound that Hunter inflicted, and it was quite pissed as a result.

Moon Presence took 3 + 7 = 10 damage, it is now at 20 health.

JUMBO PALACE (30) and MiskWisk (30) | Moon Presence (20)

D20: 19 + 5 (critical)

The thing from the cosmos arched it's back before pouncing, right for JUMBO PALACE. The dark knight managed to dodge, with perfect timing to avoid the thing's claws. But alas, you can only do so much in a given moment while the creature was capable of multi tasking. By that, I mean literally using it's tails while the claws were in motion, lunging forward at the same time. One of the many tails warped around the man's neck before bringing him up ... and slamming him down without mercy. The slam clashed with the Earth, causing dirt to fly up. The man's back was forced into the ground, his neck still being held by the end of a tail, and the Moon Presence on fours began to make it's way over, wanting this to be over with and claim what is rightfully their's.

JUMBO PALACE took 13 damage, he is now at 17 health.
MiskWisk took 0 damage, he is now at 30 health.

Arnoxthe1:
Caramel pls.

Life's the hardest game of them all :(

Caramel Frappe:

Arnoxthe1:
Caramel pls.

Don't I know. Last few days been tiring

kenu12345:

Caramel Frappe:

Arnoxthe1:
Caramel pls.

"Hey I know it's your day off, but can you come in for 8 AM to 4 PM?"

"Sure!"

*Before shift ends*

"Sorry, can you stay till 7 PM? Two people didn't show up and someone needs to do their work."

"Sure .. !"

*School starts the next day*

"Hey, we know we're not supposed to work you on your school days, but can you come in 6 PM to 12 AM?"

"Sure .... ?"

Like, that's my life ATM

Caramel Frappe:

kenu12345:

Caramel Frappe:

"Hey I know it's your day off, but can you come in for 8 AM to 4 PM?"

"Sure!"

*Before shift ends*

"Sorry, can you stay till 7 PM? Two people didn't show up and someone needs to do their work."

"Sure .. !"

*School starts the next day*

"Hey, we know we're not supposed to work you on your school days, but can you come in 6 PM to 12 AM?"

"Sure .... ?"

Like, that's my life ATM

Sorry to hear it man. I hope life stops punching you in the balls sometime soon. Now...

Caramel Frappe:

*GASP*
Jumbo's harsh intake of breathe rattled his lungs and ribcage like the windchimes hanging in the garden at Wayne manor.
*GASP*
"Oh Jesus.... oh f**k" wheezed the broken man, blood pooling in his eye sockets and muscles twitching as nerve endings fired and died. That thing was like nothing he had ever seen before, and he has seen a lot.
*GASP*
The Dark Knight's eyes fluttered as he took stock of his injuries as best he could. "Collapsed left lung, internal bleeding... multiple fractures......... head............... trauma..........................................................

And then, a familiar voice.

With great effort JUMBO lifts his head and gazes up at the beast pinning him to the ground, his ears ringing and his head pounding.

JUMBO's hands clench tightly into fists, his forearms shaking with the effort as every cell in his body screams for him to stop. But he can't. That's not who he is.

Exhausted, lungs on fire, fractured bones barely holding together, JUMBO forces himself onto one knee and levels his gaze at the Moon Presence. The eldritch creature stares down at the broken man beneath it without emotion or even much interest. The fragility of mankind naught but a minor inconvenience to a being like itself.

"You think you frighten me, but you're wrong" said the Hunter, unsure if the creature even understood. "I've been to the edge. I've stared into the abyss, the end, where hope dies." A spasm of pain wracks the man as he spits out the blood filling his mouth, a tooth coming with it.

"You don't even come close. You don't seem to understand that I'm not just a bag of flesh and bone"

The Bat flips open a panel on the wrist of his suit.

"Not just a cowl and a belt full of gadgets"

He punches in a sequence of keys and a faint rumble can be heard in the distance.

I am VENGEANCE. I am THE KNIGHT. I AM BATMAN!

Suddenly, the rumble turns into a deafening roar as the Batmobile comes barreling through a nearby wall, it's afterburners firing at the last moment to boost it at maximum speed directly into the Moon Presence. A piercing screech emenates from the creature as it takes the hit and is slammed into an adjacent wall at 80mph under 5500 pounds of mechanical missile. Batman falls forward onto his hands and knees as rubble and dust rain down on his shoulders, praying for some respite. For the first time in a long time, he was running out of options.

Caramel Frappe:

While it was true that JUMBO PALACE was stronger than most men and was punching with the force to knock out a rhino ... the Moon Presence wouldn't be having any of it. Trying to attack this thing with his fist was honestly going to do little, for the creature merely blocked it with it's palm, a palm big enough to shield it's entire face. The impact didn't even phase the monstrosity, but it did buy time for MiskWisk to move in and start pushing is whirligig into the beast's thigh, the saw chipping away into the muscle. A cry not from this world escaped the creature's hollowed face as it skittered back, the leg bleeding from the harsh wound that Hunter inflicted, and it was quite pissed as a result.

The thing from the cosmos arched it's back before pouncing, right for JUMBO PALACE. The dark knight managed to dodge, with perfect timing to avoid the thing's claws. But alas, you can only do so much in a given moment while the creature was capable of multi tasking. By that, I mean literally using it's tails while the claws were in motion, lunging forward at the same time. One of the many tails warped around the man's neck before bringing him up ... and slamming him down without mercy. The slam clashed with the Earth, causing dirt to fly up. The man's back was forced into the ground, his neck still being held by the end of a tail, and the Moon Presence on fours began to make it's way over, wanting this to be over with and claim what is rightfully their's.

JUMBO PALACE:

Seeing JUMBO PALACE here in this place was a shock. The last time I'd seen them... things hadn't ended well. If we survived this, I would definitely be apologising. From a safe spot.

The things leap forwards surprises me for a moment and I can only watch as it brutalises JUMBO. Preparing to jump in, I'm left stunned as JUMBO gets up from the vicious attack and, after messing with a gadget on his arm, sends an armoured car (where the hell did that come from?!) and plows the beast into a wall. Finally getting over my shock as JUMBO collapses, I leap into the cloud of debris to see the beast trapped by the vehicle. I land next to its head and wind up the swing.

"Batter... UP!" I shout in exertion as I swing my saw into the things face like a bat, the saws teeth grinding into its skull as the force of my blow drives it back into the wall. Hopefully I can buy time for JUMBO to recover.

MiskWisk:

Seeing JUMBO PALACE here in this place was a shock. The last time I'd seen them... things hadn't ended well. If we survived this, I would definitely be apologising. From a safe spot.

Awww buddy *wipes tear*

Arnoxthe1:

kenu12345:
The corpse turned, noticing Arnox drawing on other worldly knowledge to focus attack. This was foolish, this much the entity possessing it knew, but... Gliding behind Arnox, the corpse grips onto arnox arms, a bit of the dark fog focusing in our the energy she's building up. In a raspy otherworldly voice the corpse speaks "Focus human, the void is on your side. Take it and use it"

kenu12345 (17) and Arnoxthe1 (17) | Moon Presence (11)

D20: 17 + 5 (critical)

Every fiber in Arnoxthe1's being was fighting to make her submit to the Moon Presence, a temptation so powerful it would of broken almost anyone the second it hit them. But, Arnoxthe1 was no ordinary person. Even when she had gone MAD in the past, never had she harmed an innocent person ... and only punished those who dared to hurt her friends. Someone with this kind of will power was a grand prize for this cosmic entity ... yet, trying to overpower her with Insight was actually it's downfall. Having so much cosmic energy and the insight to boost it only meant if she successfully used it against the Great One, it would be devastating. Yet, somehow ... she was slowly losing the fight internally. Even when she could fire it now at the Moon Presence, her mind prevented her from firing that lethal blast which would end the fight. Slowly, her arms were being lowered ... eyes being consumed by the raw surge of insight that passed through her veins. She may of been a rather gifted girl, but even now, she was going to become a victim of the Great One's will.

That was, until kenu12345 gave her his support. His words suddenly unlocked something in her mind- like a key that finally slid perfectly into the keyhole. At last, her mind wasn't clouded by the creature's whispers or her body fighting against her ... now, she was free to act on what she desired. Whether it was a dark magic or just someone taking hold of her arms- it was all she needed to snap back into reality and control her very actions. Raising them towards the disgusting monstrosity, Arnoxthe1 let out a war cry as a ray of cosmic power shot forth towards the floating entity. The Moon Presence had not expected this kind of attack ... no human was capable of possessing this kind of power. Swirls of darkness around the blinding blue made it clear this was fatal. It tried to back up- but of course, it was already too late. The blast ate through the chest like a bullet would with plastic- piercing through without any problems. The woeful thing cried out, looking straight up as the body began to immediately dissolve. It didn't even have time to fully crumble, for the blast had a 2nd phase ... a huge explosion took place within the heart of this unworldly beast and the shockwave knocked back both Arnoxthe1 and kenu1235, while making all the flowers in the meadow fold as far back as they could go- some even being ripped from the Earth as a result. But, things came to a halt and no trace of the Moon Presence could be found ... and with that, the crimson moon slowly turned to it's original color and the sky calmed down to a peaceful shade of black, with stars once again filling up the night sky. All that inflicted Arnoxthe1 left her body, and kenu12345 was ... himself again. Killing this thing must of restored life into his corpse, and now blood flowed through his veins once again.

Moon Presence took 13 + 13 = 26 damage, it is now at -15 health.

That was a 50 / 50 chance ... had it not been a critical (say 12 + 5 = 17), it would of been an automatic fail. Luckily for you two, the 17 + 5 = 22 meant it was a guaranteed critical and an automatic success for you guys. An all or nothing attack, and it pulled off. Good job.

EDIT: Just realized both of you were at 17 health and you rolled a 17 for the final attack .... this is some prophecy-leveled shet lol.

((Heh wow that luck. Yeah got to agree on the prophecy over there. See ya wanted me to be alive :P Hope ya don't mind but arnox wanted to do a lil closing thing so why not))

He had died but yet, something felt off as Kenu fell through the void. Some presence stirred within it, only its echoing voice a sign of it's true location. "It has been done shaman. With your body, your contract has been fulfilled yet... there is still much for you to do." Suddenly, the image less creature grabbed him, throwing him up into a blinding light. "Now go"

With a big heaving cough, vision returned to Kenny. Some black foggish... thing was dashing from him towards remnants of what looks to have been a fight. Kenu looks around, he was in the hunter's dream only it was in ruins, fires spread everywhere and next to him was... Arnox? He falls down on his ass, his body regaining its normal motor functions but still exhausted as it had just been pushed far past it limits. After another cough, Kenu wonders out loud "What the fuck happened"

Caramel Frappe:
That was a 50 / 50 chance ... had it not been a critical (say 12 + 5 = 17), it would of been an automatic fail. Luckily for you two, the 17 + 5 = 22 meant it was a guaranteed critical and an automatic success for you guys. An all or nothing attack, and it pulled off. Good job.

EDIT: Just realized both of you were at 17 health and you rolled a 17 for the final attack .... this is some prophecy-leveled shet lol.

Holy hell. I heavily expected we were gonna fail. Alright, the good ending then.

The woman stirred. Coming back to consciousness, she slowly began to look around.

Devastation.

And the Great One practically vaporized. Had it not been for the Insight giving them a shield to block the blast, they would not have survived either. But they did. She then checked over herself. No marks or injuries on her anymore. The Insight she had so consumed to unleash the attack was completely gone along with... The need. Gone. She was finally entirely at peace again inside herself. Were it not for Kenu keeping her sane and in control, she would have been lost to the Great One's influence completely, becoming a dark queen with Kenu turned into her shadowy servant...

But that was not their fate. She got up now, their world slowly but surely shifting back to what it should have been, swirling gently around them, becoming more beautiful and natural until it was day. The sun in the blue sky. The forest a deep lush green and the sounds of life around them. The Great One's spell was broken entirely and they were all free once more. She breathed in the fresh gently flowered air and smiled as she closed her eyes in satisfaction. It was done. Gloriously wonderfully done.

She then turned to her new friend and embraced him. "Thank you... " she whispered and let him go. Then, she picked the sword up off the ground and set it back in its sheath. Then she turned to the crater in the ground, sighing and taking in the scene as she looked at where that dark being used to be. Then she whispered to herself. "Actually the truth is... Were it not for my allies... My friends, I would not have even survived. And that is what you missed. To your destruction..."

Then she turned to leave. One is never all that powerful alone, but as a group... It's amazing how often the power a group has often gets underestimated. But such has always been the way of things. A group working in unity is so much more powerful than just one. Unity overriding chaos. And as she walked together side-by-side with her old enemy, she knew it was better this way. She hoped she would be able to come to terms with her old distrust of him but with time, she knew it would be possible.

Suddenly, she accidentally cut herself on a branch sticking out. She winced a little in pain and rubbed the small cut as she continued walking. But she soon began to slow to a stop. She began to look at her right arm in amazement, the cut gently healing and crackling with a little white light until there was nothing but smooth skin as before. Then she realized what was really happening. She had not really lost all the power from the Great One. Instead, a small piece of it remained. A piece that was purified by her intense will and now made wholly hers.

Kenu stared at her expectantly, noticing the occurrence but seemingly unsurprised by all this. "I didn't think I would see the emergence of a new angelic being in my lifetime, but here you are. Such a thing happening is... A very good sign for the future to say the least."
"Huh?" She replied. "I'm not an angel. Come on now." She smiled a little. But he merely shrugged and carried on. "I know me very well." She said in smooth confidence as she carried on after him too, but little did she realize what lay right behind her. The colorful lush plants that were beginning to grow and bloom gently in her wake.

-

And so this chapter of night ends.
And in its wake, another chapter commences.

The Day of the Phoenix begins.

Ignore

Caramel Frappe:

The Assassin-turned-CEO was soon pinned down in what was the 3rd least fun way he could imagine.
He squirmed against the hellspawned(?) creature while trying to get himself free.
"YEAH, YEAH, FUCK YOU TOO!" He roared back at it before managing to reach down into his cosplay jacket and pulled out-...a flint-lock pistol.
"...Fuck Victorian England! Fuck Hell! Fuck this stupid game and FUCK YOU!" He shouted before jamming the barrel of the pistol right into the creature's face(?), pulling the trigger before attempting to get some distance between himself and the monster.

So......

Pages PREV 1 . . . 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or