Serial Killer Round 82: Night of the Hunt (Closed, Cycle 7)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

JUMBO PALACE:
So......

Sorry, sorry ... getting around to it. Life's not easy for me right now but I didn't forget about this I promise you!

JUMBO PALACE:
*GASP*
Jumbo's harsh intake of breathe rattled his lungs and ribcage like the windchimes hanging in the garden at Wayne manor.
*GASP*
"Oh Jesus.... oh f**k" wheezed the broken man, blood pooling in his eye sockets and muscles twitching as nerve endings fired and died. That thing was like nothing he had ever seen before, and he has seen a lot.
*GASP*
The Dark Knight's eyes fluttered as he took stock of his injuries as best he could. "Collapsed left lung, internal bleeding... multiple fractures......... head............... trauma..........................................................

And then, a voice.

With great effort JUMBO lifts his head and gazes up at the beast pinning him to the ground, his ears ringing and his head pounding.

JUMBO's hands clench tightly into fists, his forearms shaking with the effort as every cell in his body screams for him to stop. But he can't. That's not who he is.

Exhausted, lungs on fire, fractured bones barely holding together, JUMBO forces himself onto one knee and levels his gaze at the Moon Presence. The eldritch creature stares down at the broken man beneath it without emotion or even much interest. The fragility of mankind naught but a minor inconvenience to a being like itself.

"You think you frighten me, but you're wrong" said the Hunter, unsure if the creature even understood. "I've been to the edge. I've stared into the abyss, the end, where hope dies." A spasm of pain wracks the man as he spits out the blood filling his mouth, a tooth coming with it.

"You don't even come close. You don't seem to understand that I'm not just a bag of flesh and bone"

The Bat flips open a panel on the wrist of his suit.

"Not just a cowl and a belt full of gadgets"

He punches in a sequence of keys and a faint rumble can be heard in the distance.

I am VENGEANCE. I am THE KNIGHT. I AM BATMAN!

Suddenly, the rumble turns into a deafening roar as the Batmobile comes barreling through a nearby wall, it's afterburners firing at the last moment to boost it at maximum speed directly into the Moon Presence. A piercing screech emenates from the creature as it takes the hit and is slammed into an adjacent wall at 80mph under 5500 pounds of mechanical missile. Batman falls forward onto his hands and knees as rubble and dust rain down on his shoulders, praying for some respite. For the first time in a long time, he was running out of options.

MiskWisk:
Seeing JUMBO PALACE here in this place was a shock. The last time I'd seen them... things hadn't ended well. If we survived this, I would definitely be apologising. From a safe spot.

The things leap forwards surprises me for a moment and I can only watch as it brutalises JUMBO. Preparing to jump in, I'm left stunned as JUMBO gets up from the vicious attack and, after messing with a gadget on his arm, sends an armoured car (where the hell did that come from?!) and plows the beast into a wall. Finally getting over my shock as JUMBO collapses, I leap into the cloud of debris to see the beast trapped by the vehicle. I land next to its head and wind up the swing.

"Batter... UP!" I shout in exertion as I swing my saw into the things face like a bat, the saws teeth grinding into its skull as the force of my blow drives it back into the wall. Hopefully I can buy time for JUMBO to recover.

Serial Killer Round 82: Night of the Hunt: Hunter's Dream
JUMBO PALACE (17) and MiskWisk (30) | Moon Presence (20)

D20: 18 (critical)
D20: 20 (critical)

.. This is why duo's are absolute bullocks if the dice is in their favor.

You would think a creature capable of doing things that would deem it a god could handle anything humanity threw at it ... but, again, JUMBO PALACE wasn't an ordinary man. Technology you see, could be something to further humanity's evolution and this was no exception when the warmachine which was the Batmobile, driven right into the monstrosity and pinning it into the Hunter's Shop, pinning it with all of it's weight. Several of it's tails had snapped, arm nearly broken off and the hole in it's face leaking a pool of it's own blood. Even godly beasts like this one felt pain, and by no means was it going to shrug this assault off. Hell, it couldn't pull the vehicle off itself ... the weight was too great.

But, it wasn't over yet- MiskWisk came forth with his weapon at hand, ready to finish off the beast. He wasn't going to let this drag out any longer than it needed to- not after seeing what it did to his friend. Without hesitation, he swung his saw at full force- slamming it into the creature's head before pulling the trigger; causing the rows of blades to spin and cut through the Moon Presence's head like one would with a tree. A terrifying cry escaped the hollowed mouth, if it even had one ... until the crimson red brain was visible to the man. Seeing this made the Hunter realize it wasn't a spirit, or a demon ... it was just a thing from the cosmos, and like all living things ... it can die. So he pushed down harder, ensuring the blades reached the brain and in no time at all, pieces of it began getting shred apart. The screams began to fade, and the body went limp ... for it would seem the ghastly beast was no longer a threat to anyone.

Moon Presence took 13 + 13 = 26 damage, is it now at -6 health.

I promise you I didn't rush the boss fight, it was legit rolls on both your ends .... .... you guys seem to have a lot of luck in these types of games. Hell, even our previous boss Amelia would of died because she wouldn't of had a turn to heal herself :/

Caramel Frappe:
I promise you I didn't rush the boss fight, it was legit rolls on both your ends .... .... you guys seem to have a lot of luck in these types of games. Hell, even our previous boss Amelia would of died because she wouldn't of had a turn to heal herself :/

Wow, that happened fast. I guess the RNG Gods were with us. Sorry to disappoint Caramel! And I hope you didn't think I was being a dick. Real life is more important than SK Dungeons & Dragons. I love your Colin Farrell reaction gif though.

Caramel Frappe:

JUMBO PALACE (17) and MiskWisk (30) | Moon Presence (20)

D20: 20 (critical)

.. This is why duo's are absolute bullocks if the dice is in their favor.

You would think a creature capable of doing things that would deem it a god could handle anything humanity threw at it ... but, again, JUMBO PALACE wasn't an ordinary man. Technology you see, could be something to further humanity's evolution and this was no exception when the warmachine which was the Batmobile, driven right into the monstrosity and pinning it into the Hunter's Shop, pinning it with all of it's weight. Several of it's tails had snapped, arm nearly broken off and the hole in it's face leaking a pool of it's own blood. Even godly beasts like this one felt pain, and by no means was it going to shrug this assault off. Hell, it couldn't pull the vehicle off itself ... the weight was too great.

But, it wasn't over yet- MiskWisk came forth with his weapon at hand, ready to finish off the beast. He wasn't going to let this drag out any longer than it needed to- not after seeing what it did to his friend. Without hesitation, he swung his saw at full force- slamming it into the creature's head before pulling the trigger; causing the rows of blades to spin and cut through the Moon Presence's head like one would with a tree. A terrifying cry escaped the hollowed mouth, if it even had one ... until the crimson red brain was visible to the man. Seeing this made the Hunter realize it wasn't a spirit, or a demon ... it was just a thing from the cosmos, and like all living things ... it can die. So he pushed down harder, ensuring the blades reached the brain and in no time at all, pieces of it began getting shred apart. The screams began to fade, and the body went limp ... for it would seem the ghastly beast was no longer a threat to anyone.

Moon Presence took 13 + 13 = 26 damage, is it now at -6 health.

Well. That was a thing. I gave the headless corpse a light kick only to get no response. A sense of relief filled me along with a vague feeling of disappointment. I turned to head back to JUMBO PALACE to check on him.

------------
End story
------------
Well, I honestly feel dirty now. Like I just stun locked the final boss and completely broke it.

The Raw Shark:
Welp, since I may as well go all out

Hurm.
Let's rock!

FIRST THERE'S THE STINGER!

I blast forward, lancing the sword straight in to the beast's gut before repeatedly stabbing it several more times

NOW FOR HIGH TIME!

I slash the beast upwards in the air before SMASHING it right back down to the floor again and giving it another combo

Final follow up with an explosive round from the double barrel.

Diablo1099:
The Assassin-turned-CEO was soon pinned down in what was the 3rd least fun way he could imagine.
He squirmed against the hellspawned(?) creature while trying to get himself free.
"YEAH, YEAH, FUCK YOU TOO!" He roared back at it before managing to reach down into his cosplay jacket and pulled out-...a flint-lock pistol.
"...Fuck Victorian England! Fuck Hell! Fuck this stupid game and FUCK YOU!" He shouted before jamming the barrel of the pistol right into the creature's face(?), pulling the trigger before attempting to get some distance between himself and the monster.

Diablo1099 (23) and The Raw Shark (30) | Moon Presence (16)

D20: 15
D20: 2

The gun shot to the face was like a flick of a finger to a rhino's face ... it did absolutely nothing. The Moon Presence wasn't even phased by the bullet, and was about to place it's hollowed face into the man's chest for a 2nd try in obtaining his soul- until The Raw Shark came in fast with a furry of stabs. The creature wailed as it was continuously pierced over and over and with a upwards cut- forced it to retreat some distance. While the wounds weren't fatal on their own, the amount of damage it took caused it lose quite a lot of blood, making it feel weak and numb. The Moon Presence knew something had to be done, or these mere mortals would get the best of it.

Moon Presence took 3 + 7 = 10 damage, it is now at 6 health.

Diablo1099 (23) and The Raw Shark (30) | Moon Presence (6)

D20: 13 + 5 (critical)

It slowly began to ascend into the sky, the creature hovering in the air like a god ... as a bright flash of maroon shot out from it's face. The shockwave made both the Hunters blind for a second, before everything came into view. Suddenly, The Raw Shark felt as if something tapped into his brain, a pulse or twinge of some kind.

He soon looked at his partner, Diablo1099 before aiming his sword at him. He was losing control of his functions, as if he was a puppet where only his vision was all that he controlled ... yet, he struggled. Arm shaking, he tried his best to resist the creature's hold on him, but his legs weren't listening- they were walking towards his comrade whom was still on the ground. He raised his sword up for a downward stab, but continued to hesitate in doing such an action. All he could do was literally drive the blade into his own stomach- stabbing himself like that of a samurai. He went onto both his legs, bleeding through his mask from how painful it truly was.

Diablo1099 took 0 damage, he is now at 23 health.
The Raw Shark took 13 damage, he is now at 17 health.

The Raw Shark has gained 13 insight, he is 7 away from going MAD .

Caramel Frappe:

Diablo1099 (23) and The Raw Shark (30) | Moon Presence (16)

D20: 15
D20: 2

The gun shot to the face was like a flick of a finger to a rhino's face ... it did absolutely nothing. The Moon Presence wasn't even phased by the bullet, and was about to place it's hollowed face into the man's chest for a 2nd try in obtaining his soul- until The Raw Shark came in fast with a furry of stabs. The creature wailed as it was continuously pierced over and over and with a upwards cut- forced it to retreat some distance. While the wounds weren't fatal on their own, the amount of damage it took caused it lose quite a lot of blood, making it feel weak and numb. The Moon Presence knew something had to be done, or these mere mortals would get the best of it.

Moon Presence took 3 + 7 = 10 damage, it is now at 6 health.

Diablo1099 (23) and The Raw Shark (30) | Moon Presence (6)

D20: 13 + 5 (critical)

It slowly began to ascend into the sky, the creature hovering in the air like a god ... as a bright flash of maroon shot out from it's face. The shockwave made both the Hunters blind for a second, before everything came into view. Suddenly, The Raw Shark felt as if something tapped into his brain, a pulse or twinge of some kind.

He soon looked at his partner, Diablo1099 before aiming his sword at him. He was losing control of his functions, as if he was a puppet where only his vision was all that he controlled ... yet, he struggled. Arm shaking, he tried his best to resist the creature's hold on him, but his legs weren't listening- they were walking towards his comrade whom was still on the ground. He raised his sword up for a downward stab, but continued to hesitate in doing such an action. All he could do was literally drive the blade into his own stomach- stabbing himself like that of a samurai. He went onto both his legs, bleeding through his mask from how painful it truly was.

Diablo1099 took 0 damage, he is now at 23 health.
The Raw Shark took 13 damage, he is now at 17 health.

The Raw Shark has gained 13 insight, he is 7 away from going MAD .

It is not God who kills the children, not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs.
It is us, and only us

Face begins slipping on sweltering skin, unable to think straight. Beast of nightmares, unwavering and unyielding.

This is the beginning of an end.

......Is it my end?

.....voice calls back from inside my mind and answers with vindication:

"No"

I return Alastor to myself and attack again.

I cut at it's arms, then go for it's legs before sliding under it and cutting all the way through.

I then grapple in to the air, toss another molotov down at it and then come down with a hard helm breaker

This situation wasn't getting any better but the fact that he could hold his head up and be able to say that he hurt someone other then himself made Damien feel better.
Thankfully, he didn't seem to be the only one with that idea as some stupid moron brave hero charged in to assist him.
Not that he really noticed mind, all he knew now was that he had a line of sight, a weapon with bullets in it and a REALLY strong urge to shoot at someone.

"Hey ulgy!" He shouted, trying to get the creatures attention to better expose his weaknesses.
And when he did finally turn his head, Damien remarked "Heh, you looked."

(sorry for the delay guys ^^; )

Will be making a post soon once I get home from college. Stay tuned!

Caramel Frappe:

I hate to press but I am curious on the status of this since I still very much would like to host the next round and have a good idea on what to do. Been waiting to work on the fine details til this was done

kenu12345:

Caramel Frappe:

I hate to press but I am curious on the status of this since I still very much would like to host the next round and have a good idea on what to do. Been waiting to work on the fine details til this was done

Sorry... life got me yet again. I'll be posting tomorrow FOR SURE and even if the fight isn't done- I'll announce the winners for every other category.

Caramel Frappe:

kenu12345:

Caramel Frappe:

Sorry... life got me yet again. I?ll be posting tomorrow FOR SURE and even if the fight isn?t done- I?ll announce the winners for every other category.

Oh cool, I just popped into the thread today to see if there were any updates. Looking forward to your post Caramel. You ran a great game and it seems it has a good chance of being the last one. Glad you were the DM for it.

The Raw Shark:
It is not God who kills the children, not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs.
It is us, and only us

Face begins slipping on sweltering skin, unable to think straight. Beast of nightmares, unwavering and unyielding.

This is the beginning of an end.

......Is it my end?

.....voice calls back from inside my mind and answers with vindication:

"No"

I return Alastor to myself and attack again.

I cut at it's arms, then go for it's legs before sliding under it and cutting all the way through.

I then grapple in to the air, toss another molotov down at it and then come down with a hard helm breaker

Diablo1099:
This situation wasn't getting any better but the fact that he could hold his head up and be able to say that he hurt someone other then himself made Damien feel better.
Thankfully, he didn't seem to be the only one with that idea as some stupid moron brave hero charged in to assist him.
Not that he really noticed mind, all he knew now was that he had a line of sight, a weapon with bullets in it and a REALLY strong urge to shoot at someone.

"Hey ulgy!" He shouted, trying to get the creatures attention to better expose his weaknesses.
And when he did finally turn his head, Damien remarked "Heh, you looked."

Diablo1099 (23) and The Raw Shark (17) | Moon Presence (6)

D20: 13

Honestly it didn't matter, the final boss only had 6 health so even 2 bad rolls would of gotten you the kill so-

The Moon Presence was an all powerful entity that could easily manipulate the minds of human beings, it could change the fabric of reality on a whim, and bend the cosmos to it's will. This thing has trapped Hunters for centuries, forcing them relive cycles over and over again until they're driven mad by the blood. While the godly creature could do almost anything, it had one fatal weakness ... underestimating humans. You see, it could not anticipate The Raw Shark not only refusing to bend to it's will, but he mind was not broken- quite the opposite. The beast could not react accordingly when it's limbs were sliced, because it did not anticipate this Hunter having such a strong will. As it fell onto it's stomach, our good Hunter called out to it; right before unloading into it's face. While it wasn't fatal, because he aimed right for the hole in it's face ... it was hitting the creature's brain, physically. A sharp cry escaped it's mouth before the final blow was struck; with The Raw Shark providing a brutal slam to it's skull, shattering the hollowed face entirely like a cardboard box. The molotov also helped, but with their combined efforts ... they were able to bring down the Nightmare for good. Soon, the sky cleared up ... the sun began to rise after a long night of the Hunt.

Moon Presence took 13 + 6 = 19 damage, it is now at -13 health.

... And that concludes our game!! Well played everyone!! :D

But before it officially ends, i'll be announcing a few awards. Each category will have a first, second, and third place. The two following categories will be The Best Death Award(s) and The Best Roleplayer in Boss Fights Award(s).

First Place: The Raw Shark

Second Place: Arnoxthe1

Third Place: Nile McMorrow

First Place: JUMBO PALACE

Second Place: The Raw Shark

Third Place: Gauche

Congrats to all the winners in Serial Killer Round 82! You will all be receiving exclusive badges soon, so stay put for now ^_^.

Holy crap I did far better than I thought I did this entire round, thanks y'all for the awesome time!

Radical, I'll get to work writing up stuff for the next one. Gotta look up previous feedback and starting planning stuff yo

Holy crap, I forgot about this. Is that it then? Do we have any community votes or... ?

kenu12345:
Radical, I'll get to work writing up stuff for the next one. Gotta look up previous feedback and starting planning stuff yo

Looking forward to it my duderino

This was a lot of fun. Looking forward to the next game as well.

The Raw Shark:

kenu12345:

Looking forward to it my duderino

Thanks! Excited to host one. ^^

Thanks again for having me and I had a great time, especially during that boss fight :)

Diablo1099:
Thanks again for having me and I had a great time, especially during that boss fight :)

We got em broski, hope we can pull some of the same shit next time!

Woohoo! Thanks for the award. Great game everyone!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here