Forum Parliament, official thread

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

So, some of you might have noticed that I started a thread to gauge interest on a forum parliament. I believe there currently exists enough interest in order to move forward with the idea. So I decided to create an official thread for it.

Obviously, to start a parliament, we need members of parliament (MPs). So anyone interested, post so in the thread, and state your general views on topics. From there, we'll form parties with general similarities. After that, we'll elect a prime minister and choose a speaker. JoJo has graciously agreed to be our constitutional monarch.

So let's get the ball rolling.

Zontar:

My first economic policy proposal is to introduce a 50% import tax on trash anime

CyanCat47:
My first economic policy proposal is to introduce a 50% import tax on trash anime

Ah, but Kantai Collection is a game, not an anime. I mean, it has an anime based on it, but the game came first.

I instead suggest a 75% import tax on ALL products manufactured in Japan. Would also cut into those import tuner bastards in their little rice bucket cars.

Thanks to my heritage, I nominate myself as Jewish leader of the forum parliament

Well, glad to see a spirited discussion. However, we need to get a prime minister and speaker before we can start proposing sanctions on Japan.

undeadsuitor:
Thanks to my heritage, I nominate myself as Jewish leader of the forum parliament

You, Zontar, and myself: we can all form a Jewish party.

CM156:
Well, glad to see a spirited discussion. However, we need to get a prime minister and speaker before we can start proposing sanctions on Japan.

Then I request a motion to begin voting for Prime Minister.

American Tanker:

CM156:

Then I request a motion to begin voting for Prime Minister.

Alright, who do you nominate?

You don't create a parliament while the opposition is disbanded. Wait for Saelune to get de-banned first.

I vote for EscExit from Defy Media as well as reintegrating exiled GamerGate fighters back into the fold.

CM156:

You, 'cause I know I'd never get it for myself. And even if I did, I'd get voted out before anything meaningful happened.

American Tanker:

CM156:

You, 'cause I know I'd never get it for myself. And even if I did, I'd get voted out before anything meaningful happened.

I think you, but it would be unfair of me to accept the position of prime minster since I floated this idea in the first place. Instead, I nominate CyanCat47.

CM156:

undeadsuitor:

As Jewish leader I excommunicate you and Zontar

undeadsuitor:

CM156:

undeadsuitor:

As Jewish leader I excommunicate you and Zontar

Hey, now, after studying Baruch Spinoza's life, I know you can't just Herem us like that. It's gotta be a process.
But fine! We'll start our own party!

CM156:

American Tanker:

CM156:

I think you, but it would be unfair of me to accept the position of prime minster since I floated this idea in the first place. Instead, I nominate CyanCat47.

I graciously accept the nomination.

Where do I collect my bribe campaign donor money?

Proclamation

BY THE KING A PROCLAMATION FOR DECLARING THE CALLING OF A NEW PARLIAMENT JOJO R.

Whereas We, by and with the advice of Our Privy Council, being desirous and resolved, as soon as may be, to meet Our People, and to have their Advice in Parliament, do publish this, Our Royal Proclamation, and do hereby make known to all Our loving Subjects Our Royal Will and Pleasure to call a new Parliament to be holden in the Wild West on Sunday the eighteenth day of March next: And We do hereby also, by this Our Royal Proclamation under Our Great Seal of Our Realm, require Writs to be issued by Our Chancellor of the Escapist for causing the Lords Spiritual and Temporal who are to serve in the said Parliament to give their Attendance in Our said Parliament on the said date.

Given at Our Court at the Tower of Power, this eighteenth day of March in the Year of our Lord two thousand and eighteen and in the first year of Our Reign.

GOD SAVE THE ESCAPIST

As your strictly impartial Head of State, I will wait here until a party or coalition of parties can present me with a viable governing majority, or at-least a government that won't be brought down immediately by a vote of no confidence.

Addendum_Forthcoming:
Where do I collect my bribe campaign donor money?

Depends on who you are planning to fuck over. When you have the answer to that question, simply find someone who hates the recipient of said fucking over and ask for a check

In the interest thread, Xsjadoblayde offered to be the speaker. I believe that unless anyone has any objections this should be done.

Furthermore, I'd like to announce the formation of a political party: the MEGA party (Make the Escapist Great Again)

We stand for:
Anime
Shitposting
Fiscal restraint
Cautious openness to new ideas
Education

In short, we stand for everything that made the Escapist great once, and can be used to make it great again.

undeadsuitor:

Can i run as PM for your party? I'm not an ethnic or religious jew, but by Zontar's and CM156' standards i'm at least quarter jewish

CM156:

We stand for:
Anime
Shitposting
Fiscal restraint
Education

Now this is a message I can get behind

So I'm guessing g that you guys are taking a page from Wynn's book on this? Count me out.

Fijiman:
So I'm guessing g that you guys are taking a page from Wynn's book on this? Count me out.

The difference between us and Wynn is that we got permission to do our little silly game.

Er, I mean: Serjeant! REMOVE THIS TROUBLEMAKER AT ONCE!

CyanCat47:

Depends on who you are planning to fuck over. When you have the answer to that question, simply find someone who hates the recipient of said fucking over and ask for a check

This sounds complicated. Can you just make decisions on my behalf for me and pass on the cheques?

So, still no actual movement on anything? *sigh* Figures. Typical politics.

American Tanker:
So, still no actual movement on anything? *sigh* Figures. Typical politics.

Well, we're currently trying to form parties and then pick a prime minister. You're welcome to join the MEGA party or you can start your own.

CM156:
In the interest thread, Xsjadoblayde offered to be the speaker. I believe that unless anyone has any objections this should be done.

Furthermore, I'd like to announce the formation of a political party: the MEGA party (Make the Escapist Great Again)

We stand for:
Anime
Shitposting
Fiscal restraint
Education

In short, we stand for everything that made the Escapist great once, and can be used to make it great again.

So I'm guessing the eduction would be focus on creationism, the caution would be at guns length, the fiscal restraint is more to do with the Escapist not having any money, shitpossting will always be on both sides. This leads me to believe that MEGA means Weebs.

CM156:
Well, we're currently trying to form parties and then pick a prime minister. You're welcome to join the MEGA party or you can start your own.

I know I definitely stand opposed to anime and ESPECIALLY shitposting, so you'll need to look elsewhere for recruits.

trunkage:

CM156:

We stand for:
Anime
Shitposting
Fiscal restraint
Education

So I'm guessing the eduction would be focus on creationism, the caution would be at guns length, the fiscal restraint is more to do with the Escapist not having any money, shitpossting will always be on both sides. This leads me to believe that MEGA means Weebs.

MEGA is explicitly pro-Weebery.

American Tanker:

CM156:

I know I definitely stand opposed to anime and ESPECIALLY shitposting, so you'll need to look elsewhere for recruits.

I figured. Just wanted to let you know your options.

I'd like to table a motion concerning the weeb problem...

I also want to restart our biological weapons program, and pay for it by slashing funding to public health.

We should be the first to weaponize swine flu.

Addendum_Forthcoming:

CyanCat47:

This sounds complicated. Can you just make decisions on my behalf for me and pass on the cheques?

If you support my nomination for Prime Minister i believe we can come to an arrangement that will benefit us both

CyanCat47:
If you support my nomination for Prime Minister i believe we can come to an arrangement that will benefit us both

Will you help my motion for government-backed cocaine production and supply in pharmacies and school canteens, and use the revenue to push for tax cuts to the wealthy?

Order! Order!

You're scaring my cat with all this talk and no biscuits. She's run out of dreamies and will not stop bugging me for more. These human biscuits are worthless in feline value, regardless of how cunningly I disguised them.

If I may;

Anime
Shitposting
Fiscal restraint
Education

Could do with a shuffle and perhaps the addition of "Employment" to give us;

Fiscal restraint
Anime
Education
Employment
Shitposting

So now this mission statement can be easily tagged and remembered as #FAECES for a catchy and hip hashtag to go viral and catch the attention of our incessant youth. oh and employment is important to my constituents or something too, i guess.

As a completely non-partisan creature with bipolar sympathies;

Addendum_Forthcoming:
I'd like to table a motion concerning the weeb problem...

I also want to restart our biological weapons program, and pay for it by slashing funding to public health.

We should be the first to weaponize swine flu.

These suggestions are too mildly entertaining to not consider. However, without taxpayer-funded cat biscuits, any further responsibility demanded of me will only be met with this exact face and expression;

Except with much more hair and gnarly teeth.

Edit: Oops, missed these;

CyanCat47:

Addendum_Forthcoming:

CyanCat47:

Will you help my motion for government-backed cocaine production and supply in pharmacies and school canteens, and use the revenue to push for tax cuts to the wealthy?

These too I nominate for debate in definitely non-partisan fashion.

This be the most action my inbox had since the Great "Quote-Notification" (Quotification?) Silence - the only action, in fact

My positions are to drive out the Weebs and Nazis, (So to drive out the Weebs heyo!) and to encourage interesting discussion.

Also; why would we make JoJo any form of monarch? I'm right here to be the divinely appointed supreme leader who was appointed through my own divinity.

Addendum_Forthcoming:

CyanCat47:

Is the coca fairtrade?

CyanCat47:
Is the coca fairtrade?

Domestically grown and produced. For Escapists (and wherever we can assist smuggling it), by Escapists.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here