Forum Parliament, official thread

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

CM156:
Esteemed friends, I believe that our current issue is simply that we don't have any motions tabled for debate and vote. If we want to be as efficient and efficacious as an actual parliament, we need our MPs and our Speaker to do their job.

I propose the following: If a bill is proposed and has at least one co-sponsor, it is tabled for debate 24 hours after the co-sponsors post. From there, a debate can occur and the person who has proposed the bill can present a formal version. From then, we can have a vote called. What say ye?

Honorable colleagues. I think we need to go Libertarian on this. Very minimal input from us. Go for quality, not quantity. We get to make lots of money, profess our love for free markets by doing absolutely nothing and place the responsibility of looking after themselves back onto the general citizenry. It's even fiscally responsible.

If we want this to go anywhere I propose voting in a new speaker and having him or her actually do something. Due to his general initiative, in spite of his sickening political views, I'm also fine with making CM156 speaker if that would make this whole affair less boring.

Pseudonym:
If we want this to go anywhere I propose voting in a new speaker and having him or her actually do something. Due to his general initiative, in spite of his sickening political views, I'm also fine with making CM156 speaker if that would make this whole affair less boring.

here, here. Also this joke might have already run its course

trunkage:

Pseudonym:

here, here. Also this joke might have already run its course

A joke isn't over until it's been run into the ground

Honourable ladies and gentlemen of the house of commons, i believe my first official PMQ is long overdue. As such, every member of this parliment may ask one question now which i am obliged to answer honestly. The leader of the Liberal cuck party and the leader of MEGA get to ask me five questions each.

CyanCat47:
Honourable ladies and gentlemen of the house of commons, i believe my first official PMQ is long overdue. As such, every member of this parliment may ask one question now which i am obliged to answer honestly. The leader of the Liberal cuck party and the leader of MEGA get to ask me five questions each.

Mr. Speaker, how will the right honorable gentleman ensure that the Escapist becomes great? And how does he propose to keep it great? Furthermore, if the right honorable gentleman could be any pokemon, which one would he pick? And why? And that's four questions, so I ask the right honorable gentleman how he plans to deal with the rising cost of anime?

CM156:

CyanCat47:

Mr. Speaker, how will the right honorable gentleman ensure that the Escapist becomes great? And how does he propose to keep it great? Furthermore, if the right honorable gentleman could be any pokemon, which one would he pick? And why? And that's four questions, so I ask the right honorable gentleman how he plans to deal with the rising cost of anime?

Very well, in that order:

In order for any nation to become great, a balanced budget is required. Before one can build great things, strong foundations must be laid. P.A.C.M.U.L is the first step in a process of reform which will significantly reduce governent waste. From there we will move on to more ambitious projects in the developement of our industry and technology, working with industry leaders while not exercising excessive control.

Keeping the escapist great will require fiscal responsibility, ensuring that the system respects and upholds civil liberties and ensuring the availability of information necessary for people to enlighten and enrich their lives. Every citizen shall be given the opportunity to contribute to society. Government can build the foundations, but it falls to the people to build upon them and create enterprise

If i were to be a pokemon i would choose to be a Mudkip as it is both adaptable and perceptive, a humble and friendly individual which does not solely rely upon brute strength to solve problems, and whose versatility allows it to traverse many different areas. Resistance to electricity would also be nice as i like wearing denim trousers, which tend to generate a lot of static on my office chair

As for the rising cost of anime, we need more competition when it comes to services that provide it outside of Japan. Monopolies prevent the principle of supply and demand from working to its fullest. A cticial examination of licensing and trade may be in order so as to give more companies the opportunity to distribute anime. A competitive market will bring competitive prices

CyanCat47:

CM156:

CyanCat47:

In order for any nation to become great, a balanced budget is required. Before one can build great things, strong foundations must be laid. P.A.C.M.U.L is the first step in a process of reform which will significantly reduce governent waste. From there we will move on to more ambitious projects in the developement of our industry and technology, working with industry leaders while not exercising excessive control.

Keeping the escapist great will require fiscal responsibility, ensuring that the system respects and upholds civil liberties and ensuring the availability of information necessary for people to enlighten and enrich their lives. Every citizen shall be given the opportunity to contribute to society. Government can build the foundations, but it falls to the people to build upon them and create enterprise

If i were to be a pokemon i would choose to be a Mudkip as it is both adaptable and perceptive, a humble and friendly individual which does not solely rely upon brute strength to solve problems, and whose versatility allows it to traverse many different areas. Resistance to electricity would also be nice as i like wearing denim trousers, which tend to generate a lot of static on my office chair

As for the rising cost of anime, we need more competition when it comes to services that provide it outside of Japan. Monopolies prevent the principle of supply and demand from working to its fullest. A cticial examination of licensing and trade may be in order so as to give more companies the opportunity to distribute anime. A competitive market will bring competitive prices

Mr. Speaker, I ask the right honorable gentleman what he plans on doing to stop children from eating laundry detergent.

CM156:

CyanCat47:

CM156:

Mr. Speaker, I ask the right honorable gentleman what he plans on doing to stop children from eating laundry detergent.

Clearly the children of this country lack direction and something to take up their spare time. We are ocnsidering changing child labor laws so as to keep children safely away from internet challanges by destroying their youthful energy earlier and more efficiently than before.

CyanCat47:

CM156:

CyanCat47:

Clearly the children of this country lack direction and something to take up their spare time. We are ocnsidering changing child labor laws so as to keep children safely away from internet challanges by destroying their youthful energy earlier and more efficiently than before.

Mr. Speaker, what does the right honorable gentleman think about airstrikes in Syria? How does he plan to protect the interest in the citizens of the Escapist against foreign intervention?

CyanCat47:
-Snip-

Also, Mr. Speaker, what will the right honorable gentleman do to prevent them from putting chemicals in the water that turn the friggin' frogs gay?

CM156:

CyanCat47:
-Snip-

Also, Mr. Speaker, what will the right honorable gentleman do to prevent them from putting chemicals in the water that turn the friggin' frogs gay?

We are planning to legalize the substance as we believe chemicals that turn frogs gay can be very profitable if used correctly

CM156:

CyanCat47:

CM156:

Mr. Speaker, what does the right honorable gentleman think about airstrikes in Syria? How does he plan to protect the interest in the citizens of the Escapist against foreign intervention?

As far as airstrikes go, it depends on their purpose, target and whether our parliment and allies approve of military action. Strikes in civilian areas is not an option, however military targets such as air bases are acceptable if the Assad-regime does not cease its use of chemical weapons on the populace. As for defending against intervention, we have a policy of neutrality after the swiss model, which i guarantee is out of moral reasons and not in any way motivated by a desire for nazi gold.

CyanCat47:

CM156:

CyanCat47:

As far as airstrikes go, it depends on their purpose, target and whether our parliment and allies approve of military action. Strikes in civilian areas is not an option, however military targets such as air bases are acceptable if the Assad-regime does not cease its use of chemical weapons on the populace. As for defending against intervention, we have a policy of neutrality after the swiss model, which i guarantee is out of moral reasons and not in any way motivated by a desire for nazi gold.

Mr. Speaker, if the right honorable gentleman speaks true, if our neutrality is for moral reasons, then how does he plan on accumulating the Nazi gold that our people so richly deserve?

CM156:

CyanCat47:

CM156:

Mr. Speaker, if the right honorable gentleman speaks true, if our neutrality is for moral reasons, then how does he plan on accumulating the Nazi gold that our people so richly deserve?

I will point out for the record that I only stated I personally had no desire for nazi gold, not that there will not be any nazi gold accumulated

CyanCat47:

CM156:

CyanCat47:

I will point out for the record that I only stated I personally had no desire for nazi gold, not that there will not be any nazi gold accumulated

Mr. Speaker, how does the right honorable gentleman plan on ensuring that this Nazi gold is used for the good of the people, and not simply squirreled away in a giant pit full of gold coins?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here