Across the Four Great Islands (Fantasy RP) *Now Recruiting Again*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Galath - Ruins of the Knight's Court Inn

IC: Tronfros Gronintur

Tronfros' ears twitched as he heard a gentle padding in the dirt behind him. Expecting to find a halfling or a young human boy climbing around in the ruins, he was very surprised when he turned to see a minotaur. "Good morning, friend. My name is Malto, of the Turerdo tribe." the brother said, pressing his hands together and exposing his throat, as a symbol of good will and trust.

Risky.

Tronfros eyed Malto for a few seconds as the ice melted from his fists, sizing up the newcomer. He was an average sized minotaur, with brown fur and forward facing horns. Sylmorian, by the looks of him. He wore a traditional Shaman's garb, and carried a large, decorated tree trunk on his back. His posture was strange; it seemed as though he disliked stepping overly much upon the earth. If it were not for the soft mud, Tronfros doubted Malto would have left any tracks at all.

"Tronfros, of the Gronintur tribe." Tronfors finally replied, returning the trust gesture. "You approached very softly, shaman. I would not have guessed that one of our own could move with so quiet a touch."

TAG: Tiki

Galath Arena - Rec Room

IC: Marc Firewing

The Rec Room was a much more comfy looking room. The tables were made of a nice, smooth wood. A small open bar against one wall. Marc was on one of the stools, examining numerous bottles with a glass. He poured the glass just a little and dropped an ember into it to see if it lit. If it did, he set the bottle aside. If not, he dumped the drink.

On another side, a balcony stood facing the battle ring. A large bench was slightly covered with some snow and white fur from Jeistan.

TAG: SaiFai

Galath Arena - Rec Room

IC: Dalji the Giant Killer

"You seem a bit of a fire bug? Am I right?" Dalji said with a dark kind of humor. Dalji's voice was raspy and didn't seem to match his size. It was bigger than him and it carried longer then one might think. Perhaps it was a type of magic, but it was more likely that he was a oddity among Gnomes. "I know a bit about fire myself." Dalji said with his face curling into a cruel grin. The burned side of his face looked like more of a sneer then a grin. "So, how goes the fight?" Dalji said taking a seat near the elf.

Galath Arena - Rec Room

IC: Marc Firewing

Marc's baby bird hopped over to Dalji and began to chirp excitedly, cocking his head at the gnome. "Well, in my cabal, knowing how to increase you boom is a plus. It shows tactical mind, and not just a spell-happy caster.," Marc said, turning around now. "It's important if you want to rise in rank there."

The cup sparked with a jet of fire, surprising Marc. "I should pay attention," he laughed cheerily.

The announcer calls out from across the stadium. "AND THERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS! XANTHIS LARTHUD WINS IN RECORD-BREAKING TIME IN A COMPLETE UPSET! OUR NEXT MATCH WILL BE STARTING IMMEDIATELY!

LUCIEN Z'RA'THAI VS. RAZ'NAK"

TAG: Tirin, SaiFai

IC: Malto

Malto nodded. "It's our way of moving in the tribe. Magic is intertwined in our blood; we live with it," he said, coming closer onto the remains of the stone floor. The minotaur's head scans the wreckage with stern eyes.

"We are so much intertwined with magic we can even feel the ripples of strong magical energy through the ground. I came here looking for the source of a particularly concerning ripple," Malto then turns to you. His face was stern, but not suspicious. "You don't seem to surprised with the ruins here. Might you have an idea of what happened here?"

TAG: Yorgmiester

Galath - Housing District

IC: Sorcerer

He began to walk around and collect bits of clothing that aren't burnt, and stuffed them with a crate. "This is where my parents... lived," he said quietly. He looked around the room, and spotting a book on the table, heads over to pick it up, dusting it off. From the distance, Debatra could tell the book was on sorcery.

"I'll leave," the sorcerer said, putting the book in the chest and closing it.

TAG: Debatra

Galath Arena - Seating

IC: ?????

"The time is almost here. That upset in the match was... delicious. Many men here have lost money through their gambling. The rage flows so strongly through the stadium, it almost lifts me and carries me away," The man in the cloak thought to himself. He was silently snickering to himself as Raz'nak entered the ring below.

TAG: Tirin

Rusthaven - Rusty Dagger
IC: Radianna Cadenesa

"You seem to forget," she says, "that a warrior must be a master of her chosen weapon," She withdraws her hand from his, punches him in the face and draws her axe into position with her other hand. "else she wouldn't live very long."

---
IC: Debatra Fallin

As the Sorcerer turns his back, Debatra quickly sheathes his blade, listening to the man's laments. Something just wasn't right. "Wait. What exactly do you do here? Something seems off about what I've heard."

Galath Arena

IC: Lucien Z'rai'thai

As soon as he heard his name announced on the loudspeaker, Lucien's head whipped around, and he slithered straight to the arena, through the Rec room and Waiting room without a second thought as to what he had been doing before. He had entered the tournament to win some respect for himself and his people, and Raz'nak's little problem would not deter him from his goal - he figured the Skeletal would be there himself, considering it was his match, too. As he entered the ring, sand under him already beginning to get into his scales. That was his one problem with this arena - how much he'd need to clean himself up afterwards.

TAG: Tikishades

Rusthaven - Rusty Dagger

IC: Shopowner

The shopowner laughed as he wiped blood from his lips. He took an axe from below the counter, and gripped it tight. Glyphs glowed along its edge and made the blue metal shine. "If you fight me, you won't get any information, because I'll kill you. It'll be good advertising of my weapons. I'll give you a last chance to settle down," he said sternly, eyeballing Radianna intensely.

IC: The Sorcerer

The sorcerer turned. "I'm a budding sorcerer. I can't control my magic. It just comes out in bursts. I figured you could've told by my-" the dust from his book reached his nose and caused him to sneeze, letting loose a big gust of air, causing Debatra to stumble a little. "Sorry," the boy apologized. Before he could continue, a large explosion set off in the other part of Galath. "What the hell was that?!" the sorcerer cried out in panic.

Galath Arena - Battle Ring

IC: Raz'nak

The skeletal watched as the serpenti crossed the ring to battle position. The crowd cheered ecstatically as the announcer called a countdown to the fight. He sounded... maniacal. Something was off.

"Lucien, prepare yourself. I can feel it. Whatever's going to happen is about to!" Raz'nak called down the ring.

"5!" the announcer shouted.
"4!" Raz'nak got into position.
"3!" the announcer called out with overflowing anticipation.
"2!" Raz'nak braced himself.
"1!"

A deafening boom echoed through the Arena. A forced knocked Raz'nak and Lucien to the ground and dazed him. All Raz'nak could hear was a ringing sound, and everything was fuzzy.

TAG: Everyone

Galath Arena - Seating

The crowd was screaming. Their faces were contorted with panic. His sixth of the arena was in rubbble. People were confused, passed out, and in pain. It was discord. It was anarchy. It was...

"...CHAOS!" he cried out, releasing another explosive burst of magic. The rubble at his feet melted and warped beneath him in a flash of light and shadow, seeming to catch fire and freeze at the same time, being launched in a random direction as a single huge boulder.

It was so delicious. It was so perfectly beautiful he could barely stand it. He hadn't had so much fun in a long time.

Galath Arena - Battle Ring

Listening to Raz'nak's advice, Lucien had indeed braced himself in time for the shockwave, and while it managed quite well to knock him over, that was hardly a major setback for the Serpenti. He bolted up out of the sand, drawing both of his swords - oh, he was going to enjoy murdering whatever fool had done this. Surely they couldn't just release such power at a whim... Right? He made ready to lunge forwards, but froze completely as a single word echoed throughout the Arena, somehow carrying with it nearly as much power as the blast had.

-------------------------------

Galath Arena - Seating

"Gallis..." He said, somehow softly and loudly all at once. Either way, his voice dripped of arrogance, instead of an emotion (or emotions) that would have been more suitable to the situation - fear, for instance. "...Long time no see." It was hard to tell whether he had been pushed himself up quickly, or not been knocked down in the first place. "I'm going to tell you to do this once, even though I know you're not going to listen. Get the hell out of this city before I take you out."

Galath - Arena

IC: Jeistan D'Terehei

There's no way he could have sensed what was coming, but when it happened, he was alert. He grabbed his sword and immediately began searching, trying to evaluate the situation. The loud noise disoriented him due to his extra-keen wolf hearing, and though he was a little confused, he was certainly not vulnerable.

At least, not helplessly vulnerable.

Tronfros pondered the shaman's question for a moment, trying to decide how best to explain what had happened at the inn. Many events had taken place with many influences from many different circumstances, and to Tronfros' mind a simple explanation just wouldn't do. They did not, however, have much time for talk, and a pity it was.

He would have loved to stay and maintain conversation with this brother for several days; but he could sense that something was about to happen. Raz'nak had gone off towards the Arena, presumably for a fight, and the minotaur felt that he too should be headed towards the fighting ring, to witness whatever was about to take place. His dialog with this shaman would regrettably have to be cut short.

"There was an explosion." he replied simply.

As if to punctuate his words, there sounded a thunderous retort from the direction of the Arena. The distant explosion shook the stones and dirt beneath their feet, causing the ruins to tremble and tiny avalanches of mud to scurry down the sides of the pit.

"Humans are violent." he observed wryly, turning and gazing across the city. "I am sorry, Malto, but I must go to the Arena to aid my... friend. I would be honored if you accompanied me." Tronfros then bounded up the slope and out of the ruins, trotting off across the city towards the Arena, his footsteps shaking the stones beneath him.

Galath - En Route to the Arena

IC: Malto

"We need to move!" the minotaur replied to the invitation. This kind of magic was ungodly. The mana in the surrounding area was going wild, both escaping and investigating like a twister. "Be on your guard, we have no idea what we're going to find," he yelled over the howling winds coming from the Arena.

TAG: Yorgmiester

Galath Arena - Battlering

IC: Gallis

Gallis removed his hood to face his rival, revealing his helmeted head. The metal was red, but appeared to be infused into his flesh, with veins continuing from his peach-orange skin onto the helmet. The "pattern" continued on his body armor, including his chestplate beating rapidly like an adrenaline-charged heart.

"Oh, good afternoon, Blind. Here to enjoy the sights?" he cackled. Gallis launched a large Chaos Bolt from his hand toward Blind.

TAG: Tirin

Galath Arena - Rec Room

IC: Marc

The shockwave hit him like a pile of bricks. Without even thinking, Marc jumped down into the Waiting Room to check for anyone that might be hurt. He found Olm and Dalji in a corner, toppled over like rag-dolls. Blood dripped from their heads from a nearby shattered table that splintered into their foreheads. Marc acted quickly with a healing balm from his pack, removing the splinters and sealing the wounds.

Olm awoke, looking a bit dazed, and Dalji did the same shortly after. "Are you guys okay?" Marc shouted.

Quiet Frost Outpost

IC: Azkin Orlo

With a final thrust, the coal reached the top of the trading hole. He watched the men around him scurry into the crevices into the cliffsides, the archers scaling the walls, and the gnomes incoming from the distance. Arrows began to rain into the incoming forces, and they began to drop like flies. Azkin armed himself with his warpick and shield, and rushed into the incoming army.

TAG: Fatscalyman

IC: Blind

Blind came forward, completely ignoring the rough sphere of energy heading towards him - it struck his chest and promptly dissipated, not even harming his clothing in any noticeable manner. "Well, I suppose I was," He replied, poking his tongue into his cheek slightly, "But you just had to ruin it for me. What a surprise. Time to make good on my promise, then." And he seemed to disappear completely to all present, save his opponent - and even to him, Blind was still moving at an unavoidable speed.

His fist sunk directly into Gallis' chest, even knowing that what lay underneath the robe was as much metal as man. It didn't matter, for this was a blow that would shatter the earth itself. The question was whether it was enough, and Blind severely doubted it based on the two dozen times he'd fought the monster before.

Realizing just how dangerous these men were, particularly the more openly destructive of the two, Lucien returned either of his blades to their sheaths and moved to examine Raz'nak, unconscious or... However impaired as he was, the Serpenti knew it was a good idea to get him, and himself, to some form of cover, and to that end lifted the skeletal and slithered off.

IC: Debatra Fallin

What, again?

"Hmm... I'd make some comment about me being new in town and ask if that happens every day, but it just might. The Knight's Court Inn blew up yesterday. So, what were you saying?"

---
Rusthaven - Rusty Dagger
IC: Radianna Cadenesa

"Heh. I think we have the essence of an arrangement. I like a good brawl as much as the next."

Hello?

Galath Arena - Waiting Room

Tronfors appeared at the doorway with a thundering of hooves, shoving his way past the throng of frantic people desperately fleeing from the Arena. He ducked into the Waiting room and instantly began scanning the area, making note of the cracked walls and shattered furniture. Stunned or wounded humans were laying everywhere.

The minotaur spotted three familiar people in the corner; the elf, Olm, the human, Marc, and that impudent little gnome who had cause an explosion at the inn. Tronfros grunted in disapproval, but proceeded onwards nonetheless. This was no time for grudges.

"What has happened?" the minotaur bellowed as he approached the trio.

Tag: Tiki, SaiFai

*Shameless bump to bring the thread up/for recriuting*

In case anyone missed it, head down here:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.254881

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked