Across the Four Great Islands (Fantasy RP) *Now Recruiting Again*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Debatra:

TikiShades:

Debatra:
I'm interested in joining, but won't be able to until next week. I won't even be able to get a character sheet filled out until then. Is that okay?

Mmm, if there's still a spot open, but I don't think there will. You can join the reserves though. I like to take breaks between key points in the story, which are chances for more people to join when they die, and to see if there are few enough groups to get another started.

I may be able to add a character sheet later today, but no guarantees, and I definitley can't start for a week.

Alright. If your character sheet just happens to be a really good one, then I'll go ahead and let it slide. You'd just be starting late, so no major harm done.

blah blah blah, depression, blah blah blah, I'll probably end up using either Pony's or FSM's character for the convenience of the players so this RP can actually start. Might end up switching to my own character at some point though.

Use FSM's, since I don't see him getting into RP anytime soon.

I'm in, if there are any spots left. I'll make my char sheet tomorrow, as i'm far too tired to write anything complicated right now.

Yeah, I'll definitely be making my own at some point. Just not now, as I lack the time to do so, and I don't want to hold this thing up.

If no one minds, I would like to slip myself into this one.

VoltySquirrel:

I am deeply bothered by this, good sir. (Go ahead, bro.)

TikiShades:

VoltySquirrel:

I am deeply bothered by this, good sir. (Go ahead, bro.)

Cool. I'll get to work on my Monk character sheet.

I'll just leave that there.

As a Spiritual Monk, you would get either 2 spells and 1 ability, or 1 spell and 2 abilities (as I can't really see how magically oriented they are). You've chosen 2 abilities and 2 spells, and an "Out of Combat Ability".

Get rid of one of the spells or abilities, and choose a non-combat ability. Meditate would work, but I'll warn you that it won't compare to a real healing spell. It'd be good for clearing your mind and whatnot, but your cuts aren't going to start sewing themselves together.

ALSO: I'm going to let 8 people play at once, because my boy FATSCALYMAN IS RPING AGAIN!!!

Stealthy, I'll make you a character for now.

Yeah, I've talked to Tiki already, Jeistan is in, and I'm also working on a second character, because playing only one character on the intranetz isn't near enough to quench my currently rising thirst for RP.

I hope you can handle two characters at once, Fatman.

TikiShades:

I could handle five if need be.

Fatscalyman:

TikiShades:

I could handle five if need be.

This line needs to be followed by thundering bass and sunglasses.

On topic: I'm back from the wilderness, and my character sheet will be incoming later today.

Name: Eisicin(Eye-zic-shin) Lizaius
Race: Under-Elf/Human Hybrid- An Under-Elf is an exiled Elf of Cault, ousted from Slymora long ago by their former brethren. 99% live in Cault. Most live a troubled existence, fighting in roving bands for survival in the harsh land. Appearance-wise, they are not much different from an elf, the only difference being that they are taller, but thinner. As a result of an ancient spell, all have the Ancient Elven word for 'Exile' as a birthmark on their left knee. Their existence is mostly forgotten in the rest of the world.
Description: Eisicin, being part human, is shorter than both and Under-Elf and a regular Elf, but retains mostly Elven qualities, such as pointed ears, and fair, dark-gold hair. He is clean shaven, and his hair is almost always pulled back into a ponytail, as he doesn't want it to obstruct his vision. His eyes are a deep, ocean like dark blue. His skin is tanned from the long, sunny training days in the heat of Crag. Loose white and gray clothing cover much of his body, hiding chainmail that covers his torso, shoulders, and legs. Scars cover his back, from being whipped as a slave in a Kobold tribe. On Eisicin's back a quiver of arrows is slung, and he usually has his bow. On his belt, hidden by his shirt is a dagger.
Class Traits: Roving Mage- Magically-inclined- Roving mages use magic first, and regular weaponry as a support. Some use straight-up spells, others augment their weapons with arcane enhancements. Eisicin uses a skirmishing bow, and usually enhances them with his practiced magic. He often guides his arrows to certain targets with his magic.
Motivation: Eisicin desires power and conquest, to one day lead many to create an empire out of the sands to conquer the Kobold Tribes, and eventually all of Cault. He wants to become Emperor of Cault, and for the rest of the world to finally recognize his people. He currently leads a roving band of 10 Under-Elves, fighting, stealing, hiding, for survival.
Starting Abilities/Spells:
Magic: Guided Shot- Controlling the flight of an arrow with magic, Eisicin can guide it to its target.
Stunning Shot: Able to stun an enemy with a shot, the effectiveness of the spell depending on the area in which the adversary is hit.
Non-combat: Woodworker- Able to carve various things, such as arrows and canoes, out of wood, due to much practice out of necessity. It is a skill Eisicin is quite proud of.
Melee: Double-shot: Two arrows into one target. Double damage, however, unable to hit more than one target.
Other: Has a deep suspicion of Kobolds, as he was once a slave and was beaten numerous times for his resistance. Since his escape, he has gained no love for the race.

Also, I'm flattered that my Purebread invention is being used by people. XD

Shapsters:

Yeah me too. Hope your rp does well though.

TikiShades:

Debatra:

TikiShades:

Mmm, if there's still a spot open, but I don't think there will. You can join the reserves though. I like to take breaks between key points in the story, which are chances for more people to join when they die, and to see if there are few enough groups to get another started.

I may be able to add a character sheet later today, but no guarantees, and I definitley can't start for a week.

Alright. If your character sheet just happens to be a really good one, then I'll go ahead and let it slide. You'd just be starting late, so no major harm done.

Okay, then. I think you'll be happy with the character. Sorry if it's too much detail; the Kaedans have been my pet project for five years.

Tiki, do you want me to play as Pony's character then for the time being?

And good to see you RPing again FSM.

Edit: Will we be using Requiem post format or regular?

Alright I'm writing the char sheet now. Should be done shortly.

Aaaaaand I'm done. Here's my character.

Name: Terath D'Arigan

Race: Human, from the underground cities of Roldaki and the spaces in between.

Description

Terath D'Arigan is built for cold and metal. He is short and wiry, with ice-blue eyes and unevenly-cut brown hair and pale skin that has seen more sunlight recently than in the rest of its existence. His face is kind of ragged around the edges, with sideburns flowing into the fur edging the collar of his coat, a coat that is covered in pockets and strings of pouches and sewn through with metal plates. When he has the coat buttoned tight and his helmet on he looks like something other than human: a clockwork automaton peering at the world through red-tinted snow goggles.

Terath spent most of his life in the spaces between the factories and cities of the Roldaki underground, carving a name for himself as an industrial mercenary. Where there is industry there is competition, and where there is competition there was Terath D'Arigan, ready to help in any way he could. He has bored through solid rock to steal the plans for delicate mechanisms, brought down the ceilings of entire factories, always found the weak point and always got paid. He was very good at his job.

He's also good at knowing when it's time to leave town until things cool down. Unfortunately, this time the town is the entire island of Roldaki, so Terath is spending some quality time in Enlis. Sure, the tournament's brought a host of fighters to the taverns drunk on adrenaline, and the Black Dusk are starting to cause a lively paranoia among the citizenry, but at least no one is trying to kill him specifically. Quite relaxing, when you get right down to it, if too warm for comfort. Terath has been wandering the island with his coat unbuttoned, his helmet on his belt and his goggles around his neck, looking like some strange and bemused creature emerging from its shell.

Class: Sapper
Class Traits: Sappers are greatly feared by the industrial wizards of Roldaki. They are the ones who throw the wrenches into the gears, who undermine tunnels and destroy production lines. Basically, they know how to take down huge structures with a minimum of effort. Their tools are various bits of alchemy and clever devices and jury-rigged mechanisms that can be carried around in pockets or on shoulders. Nothing too fancy, just stuff that works.

Motivation: Gold. And, well, he would like to build his own tiny empire at some point, but he'd never admit that to anyone. He started his career poorer than dirt (dirt actually has quite a lot of gold, gems, and valuable metals, you see) and began working as a sapper because all it required was a little bit of sneakiness and a clever mind. After discovering that he was very good at it, well, one thing led to another, and now he's an accomplished industrial mercenary. Along the way he's seen wondrous machines and splendor wrought in steel and brass. His secret dream is to someday be the person designing the wonders and building the empire instead of being the person blowing it all up. He's too pragmatic to actually say that aloud, though.

Abilities

Non-Combat
Devices: Terath can design, build, and repair complex mechanisms.

Combat
For Massive Damage: Terath can find the weak point on most structures, be they architectural or biological in nature.
MacGyver: Terath can come up with bizarrely complicated jury-rigged devices on very short notice.
Over-Equipped: Terath can find pretty much anything he needs in his pockets (explosives, crossbow bolts, lunch, alcohol, pen and paper, whatever).

Wow, my choices just got REALLY HARD.

Zemiac: Your sheet is excellent, and you are correct when you quote "industrial workers." Civilization basically exists underground, with the upper cities there to easily link together militia and trade between the other continents.

Yorgmiester: Your character sheet is pretty good, but for the fact that minotaur usually live in Sylmora and Cault. There's a penninsula that exists near the southwest end of Roldaki, known as Gering Bewaypenon, or the Waypenon Penninsula, that grows as a small forest, but is usually infested with heathenish gnomes. Go ahead and place your tribe (which you still need to name, by the way) there, but your tribe may run into some trouble with them along the lines. ;)

This is REALLY hard to pick, but I'm choosing soon. Get ready!

Oh, i must have misinterpreted something. You didn't say anything about Minotaur living in Cault or Sylmora, you only mentioned them living in "southwestern Roldaki" (Is this like, a pre-made world that there are already maps and such for?).

So i guess most of the minotaur live in the others regions? If you want i could mention that in the sheet, that his tribe is separated from the others or something.

TikiShades:
Wow, my choices just got REALLY HARD.

Zemalac: Your sheet is excellent, and you are correct when you quote "industrial workers." Civilization basically exists underground, with the upper cities there to easily link together militia and trade between the other continents.

Yorgmiester: Your character sheet is pretty good, but for the fact that minotaur usually live in Sylmora and Cault. There's a penninsula that exists near the southwest end of Roldaki, known as Gering Bewaypenon, or the Waypenon Penninsula, that grows as a small forest, but is usually infested with heathenish gnomes. Go ahead and place your tribe (which you still need to name, by the way) there, but your tribe may run into some trouble with them along the lines. ;)

This is REALLY hard to pick, but I'm choosing soon. Get ready!

Choices? Hard to pick? Is there some game mechanic going on here that I didn't know about? What are you choosing?

Zemalac:
Choices? Hard to pick? Is there some game mechanic going on here that I didn't know about? What are you choosing?

Well I need to choose who is in the game, don't I?

Are all the spaces filled already?

You could just... add one more space... sneakily... just slip one in there without anyone noticing...XD

TikiShades:

Zemalac:

Hang on a moment...

Okay. I got all the data I need.

There are eight slots. Seven of those slots are filled by Stealthy, Tirin, iammat95, Yorgmeister, VoltySquirrel, Fatscalyman and myself. Debatra has also gotten in a character sheet but won't be able to play for a week due to personal life, and RPG and Book Lover reserved a spot and then never appeared again. So out of those eight slots we have seven filled for the beginning of the game, one to come in later, and one who may or may not join later. I'd say you have a pretty solid lineup without cutting anyone who wants to play.

Zemalac:

TikiShades:

Zemalac:

Hang on a moment...

There are eight slots. Seven of those slots are filled by Stealthy, Tirin, iammat95, Yorgmeister, VoltySquirrel, Fatscalyman and myself. Debatra has also gotten in a character sheet but won't be able to play for a week due to personal life, and RPG and Book Lover reserved a spot and then never appeared again. So out of those eight slots we have seven filled for the beginning of the game, one to come in later, and one who may or may not join later. I'd say you have a pretty solid lineup without cutting anyone who wants to play.

I like this guy.

Tiki, answer my questions.

Stealthy Killington I:
Tiki, do you want me to play as Pony's character then for the time being?

And good to see you RPing again FSM.

Edit: Will we be using Requiem post format or regular?

I promise I'll get a custom Stealthy sheet made, but I lack both the motivation and inspiration to do so at this moment.

Yorgmiester:
Oh, i must have misinterpreted something. You didn't say anything about Minotaur living in Cault or Sylmora, you only mentioned them living in "southwestern Roldaki" (Is this like, a pre-made world that there are already maps and such for?).

So i guess most of the minotaur live in the others regions? If you want i could mention that in the sheet, that his tribe is separated from the others or something.

Oh did I? Hrm... weird... And yes, there is technically "pre-made", as in I've already made the world previously. There are a few minotaur tribes in that area, but it's more common that they live in warmer climates.

Zemalac:

TikiShades:

Zemalac:

Hang on a moment...

Oh right, I'm doing an eight slot game. Forgot I added two. XD

So I guess I just need to finish Stealthy's character sheet. For your own sakes, I'll hurry the hell up. :(

TikiShades:

Yorgmiester:

Oh did I? Hrm... weird... And yes, there is technically "pre-made", as in I've already made the world previously. There are a few minotaur tribes in that area, but it's more common that they live in warmer climates.

Alright, i'll edit the char sheet accordingly.

TikiShades:

Zemalac:

TikiShades:

Zemalac:

Hang on a moment...

Oh right, I'm doing an eight slot game. Forgot I added two. XD

So I guess I just need to finish Stealthy's character sheet. For your own sakes, I'll hurry the hell up. :(

I. Will. Play. As. Pony's. Character. And seriously, requiem style or not?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked