Across the Four Great Islands (Fantasy RP) *Now Recruiting Again*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

The Arena - Waiting Room

IC: Olm

Tronfros felt the sting of a wooden spear prick his neck, more of a warning than anything else. WIth a wave of his hand, Olm dismissed him. "Go look for him. He must be close." Olm grabbed the hood of his assailant, and tucked it away in his pocket. "I don't know what you're talking about." Olm said, turning past him not to face him as Olm strode up the stairs to the Rec Room to collect the rest of his things.

"You can stay at the Knight's Court Inn. I'll pay for everyone's accommodations. Take it as a thanks for helping out." he yelled down to everyone. If he had said anything else, you couldn't of heard it over the screams of fire. The wooden figure's shape rose through the spiral staircase to Olm, followed by him rushing down them to help put out the fire.

TAG: Tirin, Fatscalyman, ae86gamer, Yorgie, Zelamac

Outside the Arena - Forging Fires

IC: Forgefire and McCain

"My swords!" said Forgefire.
"My shields!" said McCain.
The twins ran toward their burning shop, gasping and coughing. Trying to save as many of their precious items as possible, they barely escape suffocation as they run toward a safe area to drop their things.

"Brother, how could you?" barked McCain.
"What have I done?" replied Forgefire with confusion.
"Those swords are so thin. You could have easily grabbed some of my shields!" said McCain.
"And you are one to talk, brother? Those shields leave your hands free. Easy enough to save some of my swords!" bellowed Forgefire. The two began to argue and brawl loudly, drawing the attention of some of the passerby.

TAG: Zelamac, Debatra

The Arena - Waiting Room

IC: Lucien Z'rai'thai

Deciding to let what he assumed were his juniors handle the battle - he wasn't one for the 'smoke and mirrors' sort of combat - Lucien had slithered away from the commotion, sheathing his blades in a single fluid movement and fading into the shadows with the hereditary grace of his species. It was hardly any of his business anyways; Neither was the fire that sprang up but minutes later. The inhabitants of the city could certainly deal with it themselves; As it was, he had much more important matters to attend to. As soon as he could be certain he wouldn't garner any negative attention - as certain as he could be, given his intimidating form - he left, heading for any library he could find himself in. He would research not only the assailant who had just made a problem of himself, but also the possible abilities, strengths, and weaknesses of his future foes in the tournament - if they did not do the same, so much the better for him, it would make coming across his prize money that much easier.

TAG: TikiShades

The Arena - Waiting Room

IC: Tronfros Gronintur

All of Tronfros' muscles automatically tensed the moment he felt the spear touch his neck, his hands tightening into fists. He made no move though, because he was clearly at a disadvantage. He had lowered his senses because the danger had passed. He silently berated himself for being so vulnerable.

The elf waved his hand. "Go look for him. He must be close."

The tree then lowered it's spear, and the elf walked away. Tronfros stared at him as he left, subconsciously sizing up the elf, and gauging the earlier performance against his own abilities. Who does this elf think he is, that he can order me to search for his enemies? One of the key principles of being a Steelhide, and being a Minotaur, was that you could not let others walk on you, even if they were superiors. Respect was well understood and well practiced among his people, and the underlings and young minotaur of his tribe would willingly obey their known leaders without question. A blatant and dismissive order given by a complete stranger, however, would be disregarded, and maybe even seen as threat, even if it was from a king.

In any case, Tronfros definitely did not intend on searching for the assassin. He was about to go after the elf, and confront him, when the people started screaming fire. One disaster after another, it seems. Humans are a very unstable species. Usually he would abstain from interfering, but fires were a problem he could handle well, so this time he would offer his services.

He exited the building and strode cross the courtyard towards the fire, this time taking no heed of the the throng and shoving them aside. He reached the burning building in few seconds, and having already surveyed the situation as he crossed the courtyard, went right ahead with his task. Pushing apart two arguing men who were in his path, he walked strait up to the building. He took deep breath, then breathed out his nostrils, the two jets of air stopping in his hands. Then he thrust forward, just as before. The icy air pummeled the side of the building, jetting through the windows and doors, putting out a huge section of the flames. He took another breath, caught he air, and threw it again, this time aimed at the second story. He repeated this action again and again,methodically putting out sections of the raging inferno.

TAG: Everyone at the fire.

The Great Galath Library

The Z'Ra'Thai slithered onto the polished marble floors, headed straight toward the desk to inquire about a book on shadow-based combat. The librarian points toward down the extended hallway to an aisle labeled "Wardens". Making your way in, you find the books are labeled based on specification. It begins with a generic look on Warden magic, and then splits into Treewardens, Magmawardens, Stormwardens, Seawardens, Secondary Wardens, and each of the respective Knights, excluding Secondary ones. From the labels, you do not see anything about "Shadow"wardens, or anything that talks specifically about shadow-based combat.

TAG: Tirin

Outside the Arena - Forging Fires

The brothers look stunned at the massive beast that put out the fire with a single blast of icy wind. Stunned, they scramble to their feet. "Free drinks for everyone!" the brothers shout at the chain of people putting out the fire.

"And you! Might I interest you in a finely crafted sword?" Forgefire say to the minotaur.
"No, brother. He has a weapon. But I am sure an excellent quality shield would perfect him as the perfect warrior. Am I correct?" McCain assured.

TAG: Yorgmiester, Zelamac, Debatra

Arena - Rec Room

IC: Olm

"What? He's gone?" Olm spoke quietly in disbelief. The Treewarden and the rat nodded. "Ask him if if there was any trace of the assailant." Olm commanded to the rat.

"Jeez, could you be any more bossy? My god, you summon me from my home, tell me to translate into Tree-man, and then act like I'M wasting YOUR time." the rat defended, attempting to stand tall. Yet Olm still towered over him by at least two feet, making his defiance fall flat in intimidating Olm.

"Just ask him the damn question, you dirty half-" Olm paused, because he knew he said something he shouldn't have.

"Go ahead. Finish your sentence." the rat sneered. "You'd better watch your tongue, or you'll end up with a lot less friends then you'd like to have, Aas-"

"Olm! My name is Olm!" he quickly corrected.

"Yeah, Olm. Well, the treeboy doesn't know where he disappeared to. His scent is gone, no traces of clothing, or anything. Either he teleported, or is some kind of whiz and hide-and-seek. I'm out."

The rat slowly sank into the floorboards, as well as the Treewarden, and no doubt left.

TAG: Everyone (Read, not reply. You might have heard some shouting if you were in the Waiting Room.)

The Southeastern edge of Galath. A quarter mile from the forest's edge, and a hundred yards or so into the city.

IC: Ryza Spravce-Kyne

Ryza walked into Galath, after a long journey from the sea, he had made it. It took some time to get here, but he had made it. He came to Galath for one reason, and for one reason alone. To end the pollution of the sea. It was home, not only to him, but all of his people. It held many, and it was to be preserved at all costs. He did not know what was causing this pollution, but he would find it and put an end to it. He had judged the geography of Enlis, and concluded that the capital of Galath was most likely the cause of the pollution. The nearest path was through the trade river to the west, which Ryza swam through to travel to the city. Unfortunately, the river was not heavily polluted, meaning that the source was something else. He should have figured, what with the Royal Dam and all. Whatever it was, Ryza would find out its identity.

He had walked around the forest, to be safe. It was simple enough, it took less than an hour to round the forest. He had to admit, the city was a sight to behold. It was well built, and a monument to human accomplishments. One thing that caught his eye above all else was the arena, it was massive, and the star attraction of the city. There many peoples were pitted against each other and forced to fight to the death. It was barbaric and sickening. Not to mention something that Ryza would love to watch. If only it were another day, a day when he did not have more pressing matters. Ryza would love to see two fools beat each other to death to display their ability to be easily manipulated. Ryza had something to do of course though, he needed to find out where the pollution was coming from. To do that, he would have to find out more about this city. He decided to go to the library, and read up on Enlis, specifically the Royal Dam and the areas near where the polluted regions. Perhaps he could find some clues as to where the pollution was from. Of course, first he would have to find out where the library was of course. Ryza walked up to a human who he thought was trustworthy. A man of about middle class or so, with a friendly appearance, far unlike Ryza. "Excuse me, could you please direct me to the Galath library?"

Tag: Tiki

IC:Eisicin Lizaius

Uneasiness swept over Eisicin as he looked upon the bones. Still holding weapons, which were probably too old and rusted to be of use. He examined the corpses closer. Just bones, which meant they were old, long dead. Perhaps whatever had killed them had gone...or people learned just to stop coming here.

And then the opportunist within him shone. Glowing Topaz on the walls, an emerald staircase...and there had to be more. He had been taking risks all his life, but those had been for sheer survival. Now he had an opportunity. To make something better for himself, for his brothers.

Eisicin's head fluttered back into reality as he began to make plans for the night.
"Well, boys," he said. "I don't think we'll be staying here tonight. Obvious health risk, what with all these corpses, not to mention whatever did this...may come back. Let's head back to the group and set a watch schedule for the night."

TAG: Tiki

IC: Jeistan D'Terehei

Jeistan was lost in thought. What was the motive for the attack? Was there a particular target they were after? Or did they just want to disrupt the tournament?

Jeistan sighed. Not his concern now. His top priority was preparation for the next round. He had defeated his last opponent fairly without trouble, but the Yalok's style was predictable. He had to be prepared for anything, and his biggest worry was magic users.

With a determined attitude, Jeistan took a few steps out of the building and headed toward the Library. He had some research to do.

Outside of Kalgorith

The night passed seamlessly, without even the slightest hitch. In fact, the morning after gives the group new-found strength, despite a little rain. Around the group, though, lays a murky, emerald green puddle left in the inconsistencies of the ground. It is at least 5 feet across, much more than what the inconsistencies were the night before.

TAG: FSM

The Great Galath Library

IC: Librarian

The smell of ink and magic filled his nostrils as Jeistan strolled in to the Galath Library, at the large discontent of the librarian.

"What do you think you are doing, dog? You are tracking snow onto my carpets! Change to human form or I'll have you out on your ear!" the Librarian says in protest.

TAG: Fatscalyman, Tirin

Galath Front Gates

IC: Middle Age Man

"Oh, the Library? It's a bit east of the Arena, right across the street almost." he said cheerfully. Pointing a finger north, he continues. "Go down the road through the plaza, and then make a right toward the castle. It'll be on your left." With a smile, he strolls off.

TAG: Stealth Killington or whatever your name is.

Debatra:

Galath Front Gates

IC: Ryza Spravce-Kyne

"Thank you sir." Ryza followed the man's directions, and arrived at the library, what a sight it was. He strode inside, for he had business to do. He needed to find the source of the pollution, and hopefully he could find some clues to the answer in the library. He began researching the areas near where his people had found the pollution. Perhaps by discovering what was there, he could determine what could possibly be the source. He hoped that he would be lucky enough to discover what was causing his people's plight. Ryza could only hope that his answer lay in this library, but even if he didn't, he would find it eventually. He was Ryza Spravce-Kyne, and he would end the pollution and cleanse the waters.

Tag: Tiki

Forging Fires
IC: Debatra Fallin
---
Upon seeing the Minotaur putting out the fire, Debatra hovers there, carrying two buckets of water. When the fire's out, he takes a closer look to be sure and sets the buckets down next to the arguing pair. He readjusts his cloak, pulls his hood back up and walks away.

TAG: Anyone who happens to notice Debatra leaving.

Galath Square
---

A few moments later, Debatra remembers the envelope he found in the book and pulls it out of his cloak. A quick inspection finds it unmarked, and he opens it.

I had a chat with Tiki, and I'm starting another character along with Debatra.

Forging Fires

Tronfros turned to regard the two little men, and their respective offers. "My body is my shield" he said, with a quick downward sweep of his hand, to emphasize his hulking, towering form. "I need not protection. A quick, sharp edge however, could perhaps come in useful." He swung around towards the pile of swords the one man had rescued from the blaze, and after a moment surveying the heap of weapons, reached for a large,two-handed greatsword laying at the bottom. He picked it up easily in one hand, handling it as if it were a one handed shortsword, and in truth it was, for him. He waved it around a few times, tossed it up and caught it, then casually drove it halfway into the ground next to him. "A fine dagger this shall make," he said, turning to the brothers, who were eyeing him nervously as he effortlessly hefted around the mighty blade.

Tronfros had never been skilled with blades, and still wasn't. He much preferred to use his own strength and his own fists to do any melee fighting. He didn't plan on using this sword as a melee weapon however, but a ranged weapon. If thrown the right way, and with enough force behind it, he guessed it could do incredible damage, and at a much farther range than his current abilities offered him.

To test his theory, he suddenly swiveled around and hurled the sword at a burnt section of wall, a target that would be hard to miss. He almost did miss though, a few more feet to the left and it would have gone flying off into the next building's window. It struck home though,and embedded itself firmly in the wood. Even a life-long blacksmith and farmer would have trouble yanking it out. Tronfros smiled in satisfaction. My aim could use some practice, however. Better not to try this in combat just yet, especially if i'm with any comrades.

He pounded up to the sword and yanked it out, then continued into the blacksmith shop to find a sheath. He found one he liked, one decorated with intertwining branches and leaves, that had been undamaged by the fire, and attached it to the belt on his hip. After securing it in place, and sliding the sword in, he thanked the two brothers and started off across the courtyard to find the elf.

TAG: Tiki, Anyone at the fire

The Great Galath Library

Jeistan snarled in annoyance, halfway tempted to tear the human apart with only his claws and teeth, the deadly weapons nature gave him. He dismissed the idea, but not easily.
Taking major offense, Jeistan rested his hand on the hilt of his saber, and spoke in a rather annoyed tone. "I am a pure-bread, above the weak half-breeds who call themselves werewolves. This is my only form, and in no way am I related to humans. And if you have a problem with that, I'm sure the guard would like to hear about how you kept a tournament participant out of the library for no good reason." Further ignoring the librarian, Jeistan set out on finding the information he had come for in the first place.

Forging Fires

The brothers looked to eachother as the minotaur walked off. The two both giggled with glee.
"Our luck is turning, brother!" said McCain.
"Indeed it is!" nodded Forgefire.
"Our building was put out, and all he asked for in return was your worthless greatsword!" said McCain.
"Worthless?" Forgefire said, appalled. "While it isn't anything special, it could have easily torn through any of your shields like paper!"
"You jest!" barked McCain.
"You see how it tore through our wall? Only a blade crafted and sharpened with deft hands such as these could perform such a feat!" remarked Forgefire.
"I'll show you deft hands!" McCain said, as he ran a fist into Forge's cheek. The two then began to fight once more, knocking over the buckets of water Debatra had placed near them.

TAG: Debatra, Zelamac, and Yorgmiester

Galath Town Square

The envelope opened easily, but with a warning on the opened flap. "Read this in privacy, where no one can see you. Failure to do so will result in your death."

TAG: Debatra

The Great Galath Library

The first think Ryza noticed as he strode into the library was a great white beast threatening a quite startled librarian. He began to walk away, but not before the chimes of tournament bells broke the setting of the sun.

IC: Announcer

"TOURNAMENT FANS AND FIGHTERS! THE SEMIFINALS SHALL COMMENCE IN THREE DAYS! THE CHARACTERS WILL BE FIGHTING BY THE ORDER ON THE TOURNAMENT BOARD," he announced, flipping a switch to activate the scoreboard into a tournament sheet. In big letters, it read:

VENTHUS vs CRIMSON

CAPRICORN vs MARC

LUCIEN vs RAZ'NAK

JEISTAN vs MALTO

"NOW THAT THE COMPETITORS KNOW THEIR NEW OPPONENTS, WILL THIS CHANGE THEIR PERFORMANCE? I'M AS EXCITED AS YOU FOLKS ARE FOR THE SEMI-FINALS!"

TAG: Tirin, Fatscalyman, Stealthkill, Pony

The Great Galath Library

Bitterly unsuccessful in his (admittedly) short-lived quest to discover anything about the strange beings he had seen earlier, Lucien's head perked at the booming declaration of the announcer - it was faint in the library, but incredibly well-time. He would be facing Raz'nak, then. Disgusting... He makes it rather obvious that he's a necromancer of some sort, though, and most probably a skilled one. I should do a bit of research on any particular groups he could belong to, and their strengths and weaknesses - perhaps even study up on Raz'nak himself, assuming that abomination has made himself well-known. Doubtful that it will be directly related to resurrecting the undead, in any case... I should hope the grounds of the arena are kept more pure than that. He thought to himself, somewhat annoyed.

The massive (by human standards, at least) Serpenti quickly made his way to an aisle labeled, in the overly simple fashion of libraries, as 'Necromancy'. His memory flashed back to Raz'nak's battle, and what had ensued. It had been quick, simple - and the undead had strengthened himself using the 'life' of another. A disturbing chill ran down Lucien's spine as he was reminded of the disease-carrying insects he so feared, and he vowed to keep as far from his foe's reach as possible, unable to be totally sure of the limits of his power. He scanned through the bookshelves, searching for even a single tome related to the draining of life 'force'.

Great Galath Library

Satisfied with the intimidation of the discriminant librarian, Jeistan continued his search on magic resistance and counters. He walked along the cases, running his finger along the books and their titles as he read.

And then the announcement began. Jeistan's ears perked up in observation. Listening with anxious anticipation as each name was called, he stood unaffected as he learned that his opponent would be Malto.

After a moment of thought, he went back to his search.

Outskirts of Kalgorith

IC: Eisicin Lizaeus

Relieved to see that the rain hadn't persisted, Eisiscin stretched out his arms and back as he let out a yawn. He tied his loose blond hair back in a band as he noticed others waking up.

And then he noticed the green water.

Intrigued, he observed and followed it and realized that it surrounded the camp. Suspicion came over his mind and he withdrew his bow and strung an arrow.
"Arm yourselves, men! We must be prepared for anything!" he yelled as he readied himself to let loose a spell with a shot, should it be needed.

Galath Town

Seeing the warning on the flap, Debatra decides not to risk it and heads down a deserted ally.
Galath Town- Deserted Ally

Debatra decides to cast Identify on the envelope before checking its contents.

Galath Town Square
IC:Tronfros Gronintur

Tronfros listened curiously to the announcement, taking note of each of the combatants names. He recognized none of them, but the information could possibly come in useful later.

He wanted to watch the fights, but it would be three days until the semifinals. Simply hunkering down next to a building, or "loitering" as the humans would call it, was probably against the law here, so he would need a place to stay. He considered just sleeping in the woods outside the city gates, but then he might miss any interesting happenings.

The elf's offer, about staying in the Knight's Court inn, sprang to thought. Well, i doubt they have any rooms big enough for me, but at least i can stay in it's vicinity without being arrested. He remembered passing it on his way into the city, and so turned and lumbered off in that direction.

TAG: Anyone in the Town Square

Knight's Court Inn

IC: Raz'nak

The announcer's voice woke Raz'nak from his bed. Raz'nak's bones clamored down the stairs of the hidden tournament inn room. Moving the sliding door, he continues his thoughts for dinner. Maybe they've got beef... I sure like beef. Though, I don't want to fill up before the big match... I hear snake is- Raz'nak thought, as he crashed into the hulking figure of Tronfros. "Oh, so they are in stock." Raz'nak admired, eying the gray beast before him.

IC: The Barkeep

"Raz'nak, don't start scaring off my customers." the barkeep says sternly, shooing the skeletal off into the dining room. The bartender, a dwarf, strokes his beard and stares off into the ceiling chandelier. What else is there to do today? He shrugs, then waving a hand over a hand cloth. "Amen-alzarsi" he casts. The cloth then lifts itself into the air, and begins to clean the tankards. Waving another hand over the tankards, he speaks "Ravvivende", making the tankards over to the cloth to be cleaned, then bouncing onto a shelf under the bar with a tink!; apparently where other tankards were placed.

The dwarf turned toward Tronfros, slamming his hands down on the table with a smile. "What'cha looking for? Food, drink, or a bed?"

TAG: Tirin, Yorgmiester

Outskirts of Kalgorith

IC: Eisician's Group

The wind blows across the field, making the water move slightly, but nothing appears to be the matter. "I don't think this water is dangerous, sir." Seaster said, his hands weaponless. "I think we'd be safe to cross." he smiled.

TAG: Fatscalyman

Galath - Alleyway

Inside the envelope appears to be only a small fold of parchment; perfectly folded into a square. The parchment itself does not seem to be anything special. Debatra cannot sense anything magical about the parchment itself, but magical residue of an alerting spell appears to be on the edges of inner flap.

The Great Galath Library

Jeistan, Ryza, and Lucien looked through the shelves of books; one for magical resistance, another on the water conditions, and the other on the arts of necromancy.

Jeistan's search was instantaneously successful. Books and authors had thouroghly studied the art of magical resistance and countering it. It was only a matter of choosing one. Jeistan simply grabbed one at random, and headed toward a table.

The book, titled "Overcoming Your Elements", talked about knowing your situation and reacting accordingly. Magic is defended against very similarly as it is called upon: you draw upon your magical power, and focus it against the magic you wish to defend against. With an understanding of how the elements are formed from magic, a caster can learn how to disassemble the element from magical energy as easily as they know how to assemble it.

[TAG: Fatscalyman]

Ryza had discovered a Self-Recording log of water conditions of the Enlis-Roldaki waters. The page with the most recently recorded log contained the last ten years. The first eight years are recorded with normal readings, but year 9 is recorded with a sudden increase of pollution. Though nothing recorded in this log would cause such a sudden increase, higher levels of pollution appear to be emitting from the river you passed down. Regardless, a more detailed log of those waters in particular would need to be found to find the cause of the polluted water.

[TAG: Stealthy]

Lucien had the worst luck. None of the books on necromancy mentioned anything about Raz'nak's odd battle style. The books mentioned the exact opposite, with powers related to giving up your own power to fuel the strength of an undead creature. While none of the books lead to a solution, an interesting name came up in a book about famous necromancers.

Arago "Crimson" Urzi had mastered control of the body, and learned how to give up his own strength to actually improve it. With a magic tattoo branded onto his back, he allowed a stronger, constant stream of magic to run into his veins and fuse with the residue of magic that courses through a spellcaster's blood flow. With his tattoo and vast knowledge of the body, he gained the ability to control his heart rate and blood flow, moving it to parts of his body to enhance muscle strength, much like an alligator can. Additionally, by drawing blood, he can use the magic to temporary boost his abilities, store, and cast spells.

He was only known to have taken up a single apprentice after his discovery. While the reason is unknown, the tattoo was branded over the apprentice's wrist and palm. Crimson drew blood and cast the spell to give his apprentice the tattoo. Unbeknown to Crimson, the tattoo put Crimson control of his apprentice's blood flow, as magic that drew the tattoo was still Crimson's blood. Without control of his magic to endure the pain, his apprentice bled to death before Crimson's eyes.

[TAG: Tirin]

Galath - Alleyway

Debatra checks if he's being watched one last time. Seeing noone, he checks the parchment.

Galath - Alleyway

IC: Assassin

The black silk parchment unfolds, revealing a neat handwriting. It wrote:

"Mr. Debatra Fallin

We write to you today to inform you about the interest we have taken in your abilities; in your safety. We wish to meet with you to discuss these interests. At your most convenient time, please meet with us at the Knight's Court Inn. When you are done reading this message, hold it out in front of you, and we will take the message from you. Don't attempt to strike us, or we will kill you. And we would rather not have to deal with your body.

-An Eager Friend"

After Debatra finished reading, he felt a snort of air, like from a large animal, breathe against the letter. Is he done yet?

Galath - Alleyway

Feeling the snort, Debatra looks toward the general direction of where it came from and says, "You don't have to hide; I know you're there. I accept this invitation. I'll go there now, however I ask that I be given an hour to get a bite to eat." He holds up the letter, and watches as it disappears. He then heads off towards the Knight's Court.

Galath - Knight's Court Inn

Debatra enters the Inn, trying to spot his "Eager Friend". Seeing nothing out of the ordinary, he orders himself a meal and, after an Identify shows nothing out of place with the food, begins eating.

As he eats, Debatra reads through the section of the book the envelope was in, trying to find any information he can on his caller; or, failing that, anything that could further his Arcane knowledge. After all, his thirst for knowledge was the reason he got the book in the first place.

Knight's Court Inn

IC:Tronfros Gronintur

Tronfros ducked into the small doorway of the inn, barely making it through. Even inside, he had to bend his head down to keep it from rubbing against the ceiling. He scanned the room, saw nothing suspicious, then headed for the barkeeper's counter, just beyond the stairs. Just as he was walking by, a small, lanky figure came waltzing down, apparently lost in thought. It smacked into him and then fell back, like a wave on an ocean cliff.

He would have smiled in amusement if it weren't for the next comment out of the figure's mouth. "Oh, so they are in stock."

Despite his lack of knowledge concerning what the "person" had been thinking before, he recognized the comment for what it was. He had heard the same type of thing many, many times before, and hated it with a passion. It was one of the few things that could set is temper off almost immediately.

He jerked his head to the side, fixing his freezing stare on the pathetic looking skeleton as if to send twin blades of ice rocketing out of his eyes and through the thing's skull. And in truth, he very much wanted to.

"Raz'nak, don't start scaring off my customers." yelled the barkeeper. Tronfros swiveled his head to look at the dwarf, and let out a chuckle of amusement, which for him sounded more like a series of short snorts. He turned back to the skeletal, who was beginning to walk away. Before he could get far though, Tronfros reached out and grabbed his head in one palm. He then lifted him up in the air, turned him around so they were facing each other, and shook him, the bones making a loud rattling noise.

"What a shame, it appears the ribs have gone bad." He poked the little skeleton in the ribs with one of his huge fingers. He then snorted in it's face, and half dropped, half threw it back onto the floor.

"I'll have a deer leg, and a gallon of beer, for starters." he said to the barkeeper, turning back around to face him.

Tag: Tiki, Debatra

The Great Galath Library

With a prolonged hiss (which, unsurprisingly, acted the part of a sigh for a Serpenti), Lucien left the library, annoyed that he found nothing to help him combat Raz'nak - but intrigued nonetheless by the story of a necromancer who had gone by the name of 'Crimson'. With any luck, it could be the same Crimson taking part in the tournament, and he could actually train Lucien - doubtful, considering what had apparently happened to his previous apprentice, but who could say?

The Serpenti slithered out of the library into the street, continuing on into the Knight's Court Inn, intending to make contact with Crimson as soon as he could.

Great Galath Library

Pleased with the information he had obtained, Jeistan closed the book "Overcoming Your Elements" and neatly filed it back exactly where had found it. He considered what he had learned for a moment, and pondered searching for something else. He found that anything else would be irrelevent to his tournament victory, at least for the upcoming match. No, what he needed was practice.

And he intended to practice. Swiftly, he made his way out of the library, and sneered as he passed the discriminant librarian. Shaking his head, Jeistan headed toward the Arena training ground.

Outskirts of Kalgorith

IC: Eisicin Lizaeus

Perhaps he had overreacted. Perhaps he was paranoid. Perhaps it was just coincidence...
Though he could never be too careful. This harsh land had deceived and hurt Lizaeus a lot in his life...and much of his fellow kin as well. Kalgorith was indeed a danger, and he had half wanted to go just move on.
But so much opportunity lied within. Through trade with some of the more civilized Kobold tribes, the savage humans, and the Red Dawn, they could afford to leave Cault. Leave Cault...that very concept had eluded him much of his life. As much struggle as he had faced here, Eisicin and his comrades had always been reluctant to leave...some said it was an ancient restraint put on them when they were exiled from the rest of the Elven race.
No, perhaps leaving Cault wasn't the best idea. But still, opportunity lurked within Kalgorith. Perhaps among other things.

Turning to Seaster, he spoke. "Perhaps a life of treachery has left me untrusting of our world." Shaking his head at his own impudence, he issued an order to the people of the camp. He tried not to sound too high-and-mighty; he wanted to retain the respect of his kin.
"Everyone gather around. We must discuss our next course of action."
He still felt uneasy looking at the water surrounding his camp.
"We've been democratic about how we run this group, and that is exactly how we will make our next decision. Now, in that cave we have discovered topaz in the walls that is enchanted to provide light. Also, there is an emerald staircase. If we harvested these resources, we could trade them for quite profit, not to mention the uses they could provide to us. Now, I ask you as a group. Should we harvest the emerald and enchanted topaz, proceed into Kalgorith, or just leave?"

The Knight's Court Inn

Raz'nak couldn't help but laugh. "You got guts, minotaur. Barkeep, put his food on my bill. And bring a duck to my table." Raz'nak strode off to the dining room, past the swinging wood doors. How odd for him to simply disregard me like that. He's either very strong, doesn't recognize the ONE skeletal in this whole damn town, or didn't watch the tournament. Raz'nak shrugged. Maybe I won't eat him. He'd be too big of a meal anyhow. Now where's my duck?

IC: Barkeep

The barkeep was taken aback by Raz'nak's courtesy. As Raz'nak left, the barkeep commented. "Either he appreciates your bravery, albeit misplaced, or he wants to butter you up." he smirked. From the kitchen doors swung levitating plates, one with a deer leg, and a barrel of what Tronfros assumed was beer, landing at Tronfros's spot.

TAG: Yorgmiester

The Knight's Court Inn - Dining Room

Besides the sound of chefs cooking his duck behind the kitchen doors, windows steamed from the heat, the place was barren as Raz'nak waited for his food. He shifted in his red velvet chair, drumming his fingers against cloth laid out on the table. In his boredom, he began to twirl his knife around. I wonder if I could borrow a knife for my semifinals meal? I could simply say it was my weapon or something... Opening through the doors was Debatra, who sat down and ordered a chicken. With an uttered word, he ate his food while scanning the room for someone. Suspicious. He held a book in his hand and began reading it. Curious, Raz'nak uttered a magic word, and established a connection with the dead chicken Debatra was eating.

"Read the words to me, fowl." Raz'nak instructed, to which the dead creature could not understand, as it had no eyes. God, sometimes I wonder if necromancy was a bad career choice... he sighed. As his waiter passed, Raz'nak ordered a Brilente Fish to be delivered to Debatra, in hopes that the carcass could understand the concept of reading off a letter. But Raz'nak's scheming was interrupted by something. A familiar scent, one that Raz'nak had been craving all day.

Lucien walked through the doors, with a stern look about his face. "Evening, Lucien. How was your day? I heard you ran into some trouble with some shady characters. Better get used to it, because soon, all you'll be seeing is darkness." Raz'nak cackled.

TAG: Tirin, Debatra

Outskirts of Kalgorith

IC: Seaster

At the thought of going in, Seaster nearly jumped up. "We must! There must be loads of treasure in there! It was modeled after the great Kalgor!" Seaster shouted, then stopping himself. "I mean, it IS abandoned anyway. I don't know why we wouldn't want a little extra dough. Erm, sir." Seaster saluted, looking possibly a bit embarrassed.

Knight's Court Inn

Tronfros regarded the barkeep as he finished off the last of the deer leg, his eyes still smoldering from his heated encounter. He downed the final drops of the beer, then slammed the barrel back down on the counter. "Another leg. No, better make it two this time. And some water."

As he waited for the dwarf to give the orders, he turned around to look at the skeletal across the dining room, eating a roast duck and gazing about as if searching for someone. A snort escaped him as he turned back to the barkeeper. "The maggot, tell me about him. Why is it that i should fear him?"

Knight's Court Inn

IC: Barkeep

"Didn't ya see the tournament?" he gasped, turned around with surprise. "One second, he was lying on the ground, ready to die, and the next second, his opponent was neck deep in the ground, with nothin' but bone and some skin." he shuttered. He raised a clutched hand, as if to hold something. "Raz'nak was holding his opponent's arm, torn from the body. Egalor was the guy's name. I knew him, a real prick. But to die like that..." the barkeep shook his head. From out of the kitchen doors, two levitating plates carrying deer legs were brought down on the wood counters with a slam, along with a water barrel. The previous dishes disappeared with a poof! "Now, I don't know much about him myself. I don't think anybody-" the barkeep started, then interrupted.

The hidden door by the wall opened up to reveal another dwarf, clad in a dark red leather armor and cloak. "I think you're giving Raz'nak a bit too much credit!" he said, jollily. "Egalor was a fool. But he had a lot of magical energy. A deadly combination against Raz'nak. He feeds off magic. It was like a fire in a bomb factory; a fluke. Now I need ta drink. Bartender, gimme your best poison."

TAG: Yorgmiester, Tirin

Outskirts of Galath

IC: Malto

It was cold. Dark. Both physically and mentally. A lost soul of despair. A spirit of sadness. It was that werewolf who fought Tarln. Jeistan, if the announcement was heard correctly. Malto stood from his meditation stance to greet him as he walked onto the field. "Evening, Jeistan. What brings you out so late?" he called out.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked