Across the Four Great Islands (Fantasy RP) *Now Recruiting Again*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Knight's Court Inn

IC: Lucien Z'rai'thai

The Serpenti scoffed at Raz'nak's misplaced certainty, despite the possibility of him being right. It was one he doubted would come true, but he may as well acknowledge it on some level. "Doubtful that a worm will kill a predator, Raz'nak." He said disdainfully, taking a 'seat' as far away from Raz'nak as he could, gaze flitting to Crimson as the dwarf walked in - and taking some small comfort in his words.

He resisted the impulse to simply say, "Crimson, I wish to speak with you," Doubting that it would draw the attention of the powerful (and, of course, knowledgeable)necromancer any more than a string of muttered curses would. Instead, he opted to return to his 'footing', draw nearer to Crimson, and simply say his name - his real name, guessing that it would draw more attention, hopefully not of the negative variety. "Arago, I need advice on how to fight Raz'nak. My people tend not to use magic, so I have little experience with how to deal with it, but I'm fairly certain you do."

TAG: Tikishades

IC: Tronfros Gronintur

Tronfros pondered both the dwarve's words for a moment before turning his attention to the water barrel. Out of one of the pouches at his side he drew a small wooden container. He opened it, which instantly let a rich, fiery, spicy smell into the air. The scent overpowered everything else in the immediate area, even the wonderful meaty odor of the deer legs. For those not accustomed, it would sting the nostrils and bring tears to the eyes.

A smile crossed his face, the kind a person would get when remembering an old friend. He poured a small portion of the stuff, which looked like bright red sand, into his hand, then sprinkled it into the water barrel. There was a faint hissing noise, and red vapor rose from the water.

When he was satisfied that the drink was ready, Tronfros grabbed a nearby mug and dipped it in. He waved the cup underneath his nose, much like a wine taster might do, and grinned. Then, after a nod and a "cheers" gesture to the innkeeper, he tipped the mug and downed the whole of it in one swallow.

It scorched like dragonfire going down, and instantly flooded all the senses with a searing heat and intensity to match. It burned the eyes, the nose, the ears, the head, the throat, and especially the tongue. The best part was yet to come though, for after it snaked it's way down the throat, leaving a trail of soul-melting fire, it filled the stomach with a sensation so fierce it threatened to burn right through and make a hole in the persons gut. Of course, it also tasted wonderful, if you could get past the pain.

Tronfros opened his mouth wide in a feral grin, letting all the noxious fumes escape in a faint red cloud. He then shut his mouth and snorted, sending twin streams of spiraling redness out his nostrils. "Ah, now that is a brew."

He dipped the mug into the barrel again, this time filling it only halfway. Then, with a challenging smile, pushed the cup toward the staring barkeeper. "I hear dwarves are good drinkers, the best some say. I've yet to meet one that could down more than one of these, however. Maybe you, or your friend here," he motioned to the red leather dwarf, "would enjoy a contest?"

TAG: Tiki, Tirin, Debatra

Just wondering if i can join this one. I am writing a character sheet right now.

Knight's Court Inn

IC: Barkeep

The mentioning of the name Arago set off numerous reactions. The first one was a bewildered look on Crimson's face, the next was a fork being dropped on a delicious duck and the plate it sat on, and the third being that of surprised words by the barkeep. "I always thought your name was Belzar." he said, then shrugging it off.

The mention of a drinking contest spurred a sudden reaction in Crimson. "Hahaha, you don't know whatya got yaself into, Mr. Deer Eater." he said to the minotaur. "This man can't be outdrunk!" he laughed. "I know when I'm already beat."

With a swift motion, Crimson grabbed a tankard being cleaned, much to the dismay of the cloth, and dipped himself a glass. Crimson didn't seem to take the heat as well as the minotaur, but nonetheless looked happy. "Gimme the rest of that deer, I need something to wash down!" Crimson said jollily, a face the barkeep hadn't seen in some time.

TAG: Tirin, Yorgmiester, Debatra

Training Area

IC: Jeistan D'Terehei

Jeistan thought he was alone until he heard the voice. His heightened senses flared up as he detected him.
Malto.
His soon-to-be opponent.
Jeistan, by tradition, always had respect for his enemies. If a Purebread clan fought an 'usurpation' war and lost, they would, out of respect, join the other clan with no qualms. As for territory wars, the victor would take the territory and not be bothered for it until the adversary clan(or another) would think it appropriate to challenge them again. Clan Terehei upheld these traditions as if their lives depended on it. They rarely lost territory, and were never usurped into another clan.
What had killed the mighty Terehei was disease.
How could one honorably yield to a sickness, a blight that took lives without regard to surrender? Jeistan was the only survivor of his clan, the only one immune. Other clans saw it as a gift. Jeistan saw it as a wretched curse. He was their leader, and he could not save them...
After such an ordeal, he would never join another clan. So here he was, far from the homeland of the Purebreads, in human society.

Snapping back into the here and now, he bowed respectfully before Malto. "Greetings, Malto. I am here for conditioning. Such a tournament requires the absolute obedience of the body and mind, and I am here to make sure I have just that."

TAG: Tiki

The Knight's Court Inn

IC: Raz'nak

Seeing as how his friend wasn't doing anything interesting anymore, Raz'nak's attention turned to the incoming plate of fish for Debatra. Waving his fingers at the fish, Raz'nak casted "Morto strada discorso" The fish lifted its head slightly, then laid it back down. As it was set next to the reading bat creature, the fish slowly lifted its head and began to read.

(Will finish later...)

Night's Court Inn

IC: Tronfros Gronintur

Tronfros grinned and handed Arago one of his deer legs. Then he dipped his cup in the barrel and took another swig. As he set it back down with a satisfied exhalation of red smoke, he eyed the mug sitting in front of the barkeeper, still untouched. He motioned to it, then laughed at the dwarf's expression.

"It is a pity i don't have an equal opponent." His thoughts drifted to the golden minotaur he had seen earlier. "I saw another minotaur earlier, by the arena, with beautiful golden fur and goat's horns.Is he another famous person i haven't heard of?"

TAG: Tiki, Tirin, Debatra

The Knight's Court Inn

IC: Dalji (Dally, Dal-Dal, Penji) Dalpen the Giant-Killer

A man, or rather a very small man burst through the inn's Entrance, with his hand crossbow trained. His face is left in shadow of his deep hood, and besides the hand crossbow, the first thing someone would notice was that the man was half as tall as a man. He's not a halfling because he has the build of a small man and not the proper ratio of head to body. A human man gasps as his eyes reached the doors.

"No, it can't be you." The man shrieks as he tries to leave his table. A bolt fires and hits the man in the throat before it burst lightning scorching the man wound, so that he is still alive and gurgles painfully. The small hooded man runs across the room and jumps upon the table with practice gate. It seems it isn't the first time he had preformed such a feat.

Dalji whispers just load enough for the man to hear, "You thought you could get away with it. I told you if you ever saw me again you would be dead." The man leans against the table he tried to escape as his knees become suddenly weak. Dalji pulls out a screwdriver and plunges it into the man's hand. You smell of burning flesh that was wafting through the room become intensified as lighting bursts from the screwdriver melting the man's hand into the table. "I'm going to enjoy this." Dalji laughed pulling his screwdriver free. The man began to whimper and gasp for breath.

The saddest part was tears ran down the man's face and he look is if he wanted to scream, but the bolt in throat made it so that only a gurgling sound could be made. He thrashed about trying trying to run from the small man, but let out howling gurgling gasp for breath when he realized he was stuck to the table.

TAG: Tiki, Tirin, Debatra, Yorgmiester

OOC: Where's the rest of this guy's Character Sheet? He doesn't even say what kind of Gnome he is.

Knight's Court Inn
IC: Debatra Fallin

Not knowing, and really not caring why the Gnome was killing a man, Debatra rises from his seat. Drawing his blade and advancing, he casts Chain of Fire at the Gnome.

TAG: Tiki, Sai, Everyone in the Knight's Court Inn

Debatra:
Knight's Court Inn

Not knowing, and really not caring why the Gnome was killing a man, Debatra rises from his seat. Drawing his blade and advancing, he casts Chain of Fire at the Gnome.

TAG: Tiki, Sai, Everyone in the Knight's Court Inn

The Knight's Court Inn

"Nosy Bat, stay out of my business." Dalji's voice rasp in a surprising low octave. If one believed the small man to be a Gnome it was a Gnome that they most likely unfamiliar with. As the Fire shoots at Dalji, he seems to disappear in a blink. The fire slams into the human man's chest before he burst into flames. The man's screams of agony come out as a horrible gurgle. A young Elf women in another part of the Inn turns a pale sheen of green. She drops her head beneath the table and you can hear her sick up all over the ground.

Dalji reappears on the other end of the table. The dim light casts a dark foreboding nature to the small man. It was difficult to tell if the light had actually dimmed for a moment or if there had been some magical quality to it. Dalji throws back his hood in frustration, "You had no right. You owe a blood debt." Most non-adventures think of Gnomes as the playful tricksters of the forest, the good natured fellows who speak to animals, and it is painfully clear that the Gnome before you is not of that kind.

Dalji's face was twist into a scowl and it seemed to flex the burn that ran up the right side of his head painfully. The Gnomes black hair stands on end and random patches missing here and there. It looked like he had been in a tussle with a Yalok barber. One might consider it humorous that such a small creature gave Debatra a menacing stare. No, strike that, it was growing quite plain that it was a murderous glare that he was giving the Bat-man. "You had no right, you dirty kill-stealing Bat!" The Gnome yelled angrily. The Gnome sniffs the air and if one had not began to notice. The smell of charred cooking flesh filled the Inn mixed with the smell of sick.

What was left of the human man was burning on top of the table that he had been pinned to. He was a black twisted form of what he once was. Dalji would have said it was an improvement if it had been himself that had caused it. The murder had somehow manged to intensify in the Gnome's dark teal eyes, it was an interesting trick all things considered.

TAG: Tiki, Tirin, Debatra, Yorgmiester

OOC: Godmod denied.

OOC: I've already talked to Tiki about it(AIM is great). Godmod Denied.

EDIT: PS: Tiki says OOC chat in his RP makes him rage. 30 lashes for us.

The Knight's Court Inn

IC: Crimson

"Oh, yeah. That's Capricorn." Crimson cheered, the alcohol making him cheery if nothing else. "He's a legend. Was the son of a war hero, combat prodigy, killed a chimera AND a manticore on his own... and then something about some elf queen." he said, swinging his tankard around as he spoke.

The sudden breakout of fire and stabbing made Crimson turn his head. "Hey!" he shouted, jumping from his stool. "What's all this about? Don't-" he halted, holding his stomach. "I... forgot to hold... my alcohol..." he stuttered, collapsing to the ground, foaming at the mouth.

Meanwhile, Raz'nak hadn't noticed. His attention was on a rather large mole who flew through the doors and attacked a man, stabbing him to a table and shooting his neck with an electrical burst of energy. Then Mr. Bat decided to be a hero and launch fire at the mole, who scurried off quickly. The fire hit the dying man instead, catching him fire, and producing a strange chain that connected him to the bat's left hand.

"Master, what is happening?" the fish thought. Raz'nak responded "Well apparently, a bat is trying to eat a mole." Raz'nak shrugged, and got comfy. "Just sit and enjoy."

Of course, Raz'nak couldn't simply enjoy a bar fight, because the surrounding tables and chairs were thrown against a wall. Looking over, he saw that the bartender had moved them with magic, and Crimson had apparently fallen asleep on the ground. Looking around, he saw that the book was across the room from him. Maybe if I run real fast, I can check out what book he's reading. Raz'nak thought, scratching his chin, and old habit from when he had the feeling of 'itch' still.

TAG: Yorgmiester, Tirin, Debatra, SaiFai

Outskirts of Galath

IC: Malto

"Oh, of course. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who can understand this." Malto smiled gently. "I was working on a new spell I learned. It's called Stone Wall." waving his arms in front of him, the lifting an imaginary object in front of him, a slight mound of rocks rose from near his feet. "As you can see, it's not going very well." he chuckled. "I hope to have it ready for our fight though. Are you working on anything? Maybe I can help."

TAG: Fatscalyman

Training Area

"Hmm. Perhaps we both have something the other could use," Jeistan said, smiling. "You seem to be quite skilled in the art of magic. That is exactly what I need; you see, the Purebread clans are not fluent in the arcane craft; each clan usually only has one magic user; their Shaman. It is considered good fortune if Two shamans are born in one clan, and only once ever has there been Three. Well, as you might well guess, I am not a shaman..."
Jeistan recalled the Terehei shaman. He had white fur, much like Jeistan, but had glowing blue symbols all over his body. They weren't decorations; they were the birthmarks that signified one's magic abilities. The Terehei shaman was named Oae. She was powerful though young, but even her rituals and spells could not defeat the most wretched disease.
"But perhaps I ramble. I can offer you physical training, in ways no humans-indeed, no race at all besides the Terehei-have ever experienced. In return, I would greatly appreciate it if you helped me master a certain skill involving magic."

TAG: Tiki

Knight's Court Inn

Seeing his spell hit the man, Debatra charged his Chain to restore his energy, as well as his own. He then attacks the Gnome with his blade.

TAG: The Knight's Court Inn, Tiki

The Knight's Court Inn

The table Dally stood on began to rumble and Dally look at his feet as if he intended to kill the table itself. All the furniture around the room began shifting and the slight vibration became sudden movement. Dally caught the edge of the table as it flew off to the other side of the room. As Dally was flung through the air with his tenuous on the edge of the table he realized that the burning man was in very much the same position. Dally had pinned the man to the table by the hand.

Dally would try to fling himself onto the opposite side of the table as it leaned itself against the wall. He would be between the wall and the underside of the table and this would provide him cover from both the Bat, now on the other side of the room, and from sight. Dally didn't know how far that Bat's chain would extend and if he remained connected to the burning man the he would surely be knocked off his feet. It didn't really matter to Dally either way though. He activated his camouflage and readied the wire to his hand crossbow.

TAG: Tiki, Debatra

Knight's Court Inn

Debatra takes to the air to avoid the furniture.

TAG: The Knight's Court Inn, Tiki

The Knight's Court Inn

When the camouflage took affect Dally would peak from behind the table. The table would rattle slightly if Debatra tried to take flight do to the fact the man was pinned to the table and the chain to man was connected to Debatra. The Bat would need to dodge the table he was standing behind Dally remembered. The man would need to move to the side or upwards both of which would pull the chain taut because the burning man was on this side of the room which was 30 ft. approximately if Dally's guess was right. That meant that if the Bat tried to take to the air then he would not have enough chain because the distance the chain would go diagonally would make it's overall horizontal distance shorter. Either the Bat would tumble from the air or be hit by the table if his mental calculations were right.

The Knight's Court Inn

The bat creature's sudden ascension did not cause Debatra to come flying backward to the table, nor the table flying into him. The chain itself seemed to lengthen, creating new chain links out of another. As the bat landed, a few of the links dissolved into another, returning the chain to its previous length, more or less. How interesting... an extendable chain... what an interesting spell. He then noticed the small gnome man ducking behind a table, peeking at the spell's effect with a surprised look.

TAG: Debatra, Sai

SaiFai:

When the camouflage took affect Dally would peak from behind the table.

The Knight's Court Inn

Dalji wondered how high the ceiling was, to him it looked about 10 to 15 feet high, but perspective could sometimes make his estimates slightly off. Dalji had intended to be near invisible by this point, but it seemed his ability wasn't activated yet. He slipped behind the table till it took effect. The gnome place a hand on his chin. Well, his chain was indeed magical Dalji couldn't really say he was incredibly surprised that it extended, but he had hoped that it didn't. That could make things somewhat tilted in the Bat's favor. He wasn't hampered down by things like range or distance. It was important to know that. Getting in close would probably be best.

Dalji loaded his special bolts into his hand crossbow. These had wire connected to them that would muck up the battle field so to speak. Dalji thought the words, "Spider's Silk." He waited and would only emerge long enough to fire two bolt. As the Bat came to settle on the ground Dalji noted that the skin between it's wings were still extended. He would try to fire the first bolt into the Bat's left wing and the other in its right wing. The trip wires were anchored to the table and the wall behind him. Dalji wanted to draw first blood.

Knight's Court Inn

Raz'nak looked curiously to the gnome, who seemed to have noticed him looking over to him. He seemed to be fidgiting with something in his hands. He then peered over the table and pretended to hold something, maybe a gun, and "fired" off some shots. Raz'nak stared at him with a twisted face of curiosity and a laugh. What game is he playing? he wondered.

But Raz'nak was wrong. He looked with bewilderment as a crossbow bolt appeared from his imaginary gun and shot into the bat's left wing. The bat cried out in pain and flinched, causing the second bolt to whiz past him.

The Knight's Court Inn

Well, the bat didn't get out of the way, Dalji had expected both to miss. This was better then he had anticipated, grabbing the wire that was in front of himself Dalji thought, "Power Tool." If it worked a blue crackling light would trail down the wire to his bolt. He wondered what effect it would have on the Bat's wing. It should disable his ability to fly because if his muscles started spasming in that limb then it would be useless to the bat, best case scenario it would knock the bat unconscious.

do you have room for one more player. Also is it okay if I use an established character (like from an anime or something)? There's a little something I wanted to try out

Knight's Court Inn

Debatra cuts the wire with his sword and charges at the Gnome, preparing another Chain of Fire.

TAG: Tiki, The Knight's Court Inn

The Knight's Court Inn

The wire is not cut by Debatra single sword stroke, but as the blade hit the wire it released a blue spark before what appeared to be a small bolt of lighting coursed up the blade. The metal would be heated up to a burning degree as bolts and blue sparks continued up the blade into the Bat's arm. The bat would smell burning flesh and hair before his muscles began to spasm and he lost control of his most basic motor function. It would all happen in a flash, so perhaps the Bat wouldn't be able to tell what had happened. The last thing he would probably remember is charging toward the area the bolts had shot out of. The Gnome should have seemingly disappeared behind the table after it had settled behind the wall, but it is plain that the bolts were his doing.

The Knight's Court Inn

The bat drew its sword, slashing it at the wire in its wing, but to no avail. The wire simply deflected the slice, bobbing back and forth. How interesting... He used a spell to make the wire harder to break... These two are fun... Raz'nak peered over to the hiding gnome man, who then grabbed the wire and made his hands glow, illuminating his corner of the room. Raz'nak looked at him with the same twisted look of curiosity and humor.

A presence entered from the bar door silently, creeping in the shadows to be unseen. Within a second, the man's presence faded from his left to his right, and reappeared behind a table in the southwest corner of the room in the opposite manner, across the room from Raz'nak. He was familiar, but was wearing different clothes than his previous encounters with him. He was the town crier, the trinket merchant, and one of the guards from the Rec Room at the Arena. And he was watching the fight, studying them.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked