Across the Four Great Islands (Fantasy RP) *Now Recruiting Again*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

The Knight's Court Inn

IC: Dalji (Dally, Dal-Dal, Penji) Dalpen the Giant-Killer

Hmm, the spell failed, and that man watching was strangely disturbing. Dalji was more angered by his presence then anything else. Dalji hide from that man's view specifically going to the other side of the table. The Gnome then pulled a small black round thing with a fuse. Dalji lite the fuse as the bat struggled with the wire. He had thought that he could wriggle his way out, deadly mistake. Lighting the fuse Dalji threw it in the Bats direction. If it went off everyone would discover it was a smoke bomb which in effect would or could fill the entire room with smoke. A number of circumstances changed it's effect. Let's see how the man sitting at the table liked that.

TAG: Tiki, Debatra

Knight's Court Inn
IC: Debatra Fallin

Debatra casts Identify on the bolt, the cord and the smoke.

TAG: Tiki

Debatra's Identify Effect:
The Bolt: The bolt was standard iron crossbow ammunition, with trace of magical residue from the wire.
The Cord: The iron cord has been enchanted with Spider's Silk, a resillence-type spell designed specifically for wires and chains to make them easier to latch onto an object.
The Smoke: The smoke came from a combination of flash powder damp wood in a container made from dried pine needles and a rubber casing to prevent the flash powder from causing an actual fire. The casing also and to keep a constant flow of smoke going, instead of a single burst of smoke. A standard area-effect non-toxic smoke bomb.

The Knight's Court Inn

IC: Raz'nak

The gnome was becoming increasingly frustrated by Raz'nak's presence. Raz'nak could even see his frustration from the blood rushing in his face. The gnome ducked behind the table out of Raz'nak's field of vision, then tossing a small black bauble to the bat, which exploded into a burst of smoke that enveloped the room.

With this smoke, even I can barely see. Raz'nak frowned. It won't be as easy to see what's going on with all this smoke. That reminded Raz'nak of the other man across from him. Peering over, he could see the faint presence of the man, who didn't seem to be reacting to the smoke at all. Suddenly, he looked away from the fight and to Raz'nak. Without making any kind of reaction to it, Raz'nak attempted to make it look like he was simply looking around. Maybe he didn't see me... I mean, he couldn't have known I was looking right at him, right? Raz'nak reassured himself. Of course not, I don't have eyes. I could have been looking over him, in his general direction. He thinks he's invisible, he wouldn't assume I could see him. Right?

The eyes from those spectacles could still be felt on his spine. If Raz'nak had skin, he might have been sweating.

TAG: Debatra, Yorgmiester, Tirin, Sai

Outskirts of Galath

IC: Malto

"Oh, of course! I would be happy to help." Malto smiled. Malto turned to face him again, and pulled out a long wooden staff, with a gnarled metal spikeball at one end. "What kind of spell is it that you are working on?"

TAG: Fatscalyman

IC: Dalji (Dally, Dal-Dal, Penji) Dalpen the Giant-Killer

That Skeletal was marked by Dalji as the most likely next person he would have to fight if it came to that. Thankfully the bat was connected by the wire, so he could effectively attack him head on...

A cloaked figure seemed to crawl beneath the smoke in the bat's direction. It crawled at a tiring pace and it's target was locked obviously it would attack the bat from the front if it didn't attack first.

TAG: Tiki, Debatra

Knight's Court Inn

Debatra gives a flap of his wings(or wing if he can just use one), trying to send the smoke at the gnome. As the smoke clears in front of him, he sees the cloaked one. After a brief pause, Debatra whispers to the figure,

"Am I to assume that you're my 'eager friend'?"

TAG: Tiki, Knight's Court Inn

OOC: Bump.

Sorry for the OOC. Are we done?

Sorry about the OOC, but is this dead?

OOC: Looks like it. No posts in ten days. Too bad, it looked like it would have been fun. <=(

Knight's Court Inn

The cloaked figure, visible after Debatra clears his area of smoke, moves and lands at Debatra's feet, and then ceases to move. The cloak, after a closer look, seems to be much smaller than the normal size of a gnome, as if he were lying on his back.

Raz'nak rubs his chin. What's this? Why isn't he striking? he thought, a hacking cough escaping him due to the large inhalation of smoke.

TAG: Debatra, Sai

Outskirts of Galath

IC: Jeistan D'Terehei

Jeistan flashed a fanged wolf-smile at Malto. This was indeed an opponent he could respect. However, he was still confident that victory would be his, one way or another.
"Whilst my agility has saved me from my foes fluent in magic so far, I can not rely on this risky tactic for too much longer. No, I wish to learn how to counter magic...with magic," he paused, and spoke to himself quietly in the mostly-forgotten language of his clan.
"The tradition of the purebread clans has always been to fight with physical prowess, with various deviations in the exact style from clan to clan. To date, no clan has fought with magic, thus, we haven't developed a need to counter magical attacks. This is what I wish to learn."
He paused, and smiled once more.
"While you minotaur are certainly formidable in strength, I can take through some of our warrior drills, and I assure you, your body will certainly be pushed to its limit and beyond."

TAG: Tikibooomb

Hi i'm new here and I'm still thinking of a charcter, it should be complete soon. I'll post when its done.
But I do have a name, Karatous Dyi'Duran

squballs1234:
Hi i'm new here and I'm still thinking of a charcter, it should be complete soon. I'll post when its done.
But I do have a name, Karatous Dyi'Duran

Read the rules. Send me a PM, I want this thread to be entirely in character.

Outskirts of Galath

"Oh, I'm sure I will." Malto said gently, with a slight interested smile. Malto found it odd that Jeistan did not use magic. The Dinfer clan was a minotaur clan that was one that lived with magic everyday, so it surprised Malto some to see a race without magic at all, especially Jeistan, who gave off a magic presence equal to his. Malto did not recognize it, but it was there nonetheless.

"When I am about to learn a new spell, I like to meditate and visualize it. It is as I am trying to form the spell with just my mind." He jestured to the area he was previously sitting. Looking, you can see he was sitting on a small mat next to his travel bag, with a small jar that contained a growing plant placed in front of it. "If you prefer, we can sart without meditation. I will simply cast a basic spell at you and have you attempt to block it with magic. I can heal you if you get hurt."

Knight's Court Inn

IC: Dalji the Giant-Killer

The smoke was cleared from the room, but the trap was set. He thought his wings would help him, but they were what make this exchange possible. The cloaked figure laid at the Bat's feet. Dalji pressed the big red button.Let's see he liked this one.

TAG: Debatra, Tiki

Knight's Court Inn

The explosion was massive. Floorboards shattered, tables splintered, and hearts unbeating.

Raz'nak awoke with a numbness to his body. Attempting to get up, however, caused him immense pain. His burning carcass could still be smelled, and it wasn't a pleasent smell. He attempted to whisper in Mortarlare, but none could hear him. I guess no one died...

Raz'nak tried to move his head to look around, but could not see anything without causing him more pain than he knew was safe. All he could see was the blue sky above him slowly being consumed by smoke. What happened...? Raz'nak could remember the cloaked figure. He... no, it... threw off its cloak... I think... and then that blinding heat... what happened...

IC: Jimmy the Quick

What a mess. Jimmy thought, slowly getting up from under a blackened table. What an idiot! Setting off explosives in a bar... Those two better not be dead. Rubbing off his hat from the soot onto his trenchcoat to ineffectively clean it, he propped up a table on its two remaining legs and crawled behind it. Jimmy peered past the table and spied Debatra to be almost completely unaffected by the explosion.

How is this even possible? He was at ground zero for a super explosion, dropped a floor onto a stone basement, had an entire floor drop on him , but he remains unharmed past a few scratches? He should be dead! He should be past dead! He... he has passed. Jimmy grinned and started to get up, but the blast caused him pain still. That damn gnome... there's no way I'll be able to get these two down to HQ without someone noticing. There's just not enough time...

Jimmy then sunk regretfully into the shadow of the table.

TAG: Yorgmiester, Debatra, Sai

Knight's Court Inn

IC: Tronfros Gronintur

Through the entire fight, Tronfros had watched (or at least tried to through the smoke). He had decided fairly quickly that something should be done about the gnome, who was obviously a menace to everyone in the tavern. Whether the man he killed deserved death or not, nobody should die that way.

But the major problem was that he couldn't see the gnome, it had some kind of cloaking power. He could make a fairly good guess that it was hiding behind the table, since that's where the bolt had come from, but he had to be sure. So he had watched some more, gradually drawing his greatsword out of it's sheath, as quietly as he could. He had it out, ready to hurl at his target's guessed location, and was about to act, when the explosion went off.

His left arm went up to his face in an instant, and his left leg shot backward, his hoof digging a gouge in the floorboards. As the fire and heat pummeled him with the force of a charging sorbor, he held firm. The skin on his arms, shoulders and legs singed, and a searing heat enveloped him. He felt something heavy suddenly hit him from the side... then it was over. He slumped forward slightly, then straitened up, lowering his arm to look around. The damage was immense. Part of the second story had fallen in, revealing the clear blue sky above. Tables and chairs were laying everywhere in splinters, small fires were smoldering here and there, and the floorboards had been torn out of the ground in a small radius around the blast. The heavy thing leaning against him was one of the pillars that held up the first story ceiling. He pushed it off with a grunt, then shook himself, little pieces of ash, soot, and burnt hair showering of him.

Turning around, Tronfros picked up a blackened mug and dipped it in the redwater barrel, which had been saved, thankfully, because he was standing directly in front of it. He chugged it down, tossed the mug aside, then picked up the barrel in one hand, and turned to walk towards where the gnome presumable still was. He stopped, noticing Crimson still laying on the ground, previously in a drunken stupor and now probably in a lot of pain. He set the barrrel down, knelt down next to the dwarf, and pulled out the same vial he had used on the elf earlier that day. Rolling the dwarf over, he popped the lid of the vial and poured some down Crimson's throat. "There you go, good as new. Try to move around a little bit."

He got up, hefted the barrel up to his left shoulder, and began walking over the debris towards the table the gnome had been hiding behind. It was blackened and smoking now, but still there, and he guessed the little fiend was still there as well. He gripped his sword in one hand, and shifted the barrel slightly in his other. The redwater had the same effect on eyes, noses, and ears as it did on throats and innards, so getting doused in a barrel of it wouldn't be fun. Thus it made a fairly effective deterrent.

He stopped a few paces away. "Alright, little man, come out. I won't kill you, just beat you down and hold you hostage, as long as you stop setting off those annoying firecrackers."

The Knight's Court Inn

There was a pounding headache now, thumping like bricks against his head, rattling his insides. They were... footsteps? He could see the edges of that minotaur moving from the remaining parts of the first floor, going somewhere... but where he couldn't think. The minotaur thumped down onto the basement floor, causing the final pieces of the structure holding the rest of the 2nd floor intact to finally shake and collapse, breaking the ceiling of some of the first floor as well.

Then, a reassuring voice, one in Mortarlare, started to whisper. It echoed about the bar, and its introduction into the world of death. "Old man, is that you?" Raz'nak whispered into the sky.

"What happened to my bar Raz'nak..." the barkeep echoed.

Raz'nak could only laugh, though to the outside world, it was but a mere cough. "What happened to YOU, old man? Can't you tell...?"

The spirit wasn't listening. He drifted over the basement, over the staircase that once was; over the now empty barrels of alcohol; over a now destroyed rat hole; over the area where piles of explosive materials were laid in order to rig the blast radius of Dalji's otherwise petty detonater bomb to turn the Knight's Court Inn into the rubble it is now.

TAG: Debatra, Yorgmiester, Sai

The Knight's Court Inn

IC: Dalji the Giant-Killer.

The explosion was beautiful. It always was, but it was an art that was unaccepted by most. It was a pity that so little damage had been done. Only the building had been destroyed. Dalji doubted the Human he was after was still alive... Oh, wait there he was. Still pinned to the table that was now toppled over and singed and still slightly burning. Dalji watched as the man laid on the ground sobbing in his throes of pain. He was pathetic. Dalji smiled at the man's pain. They should never have tried to keep him from his vengeance. This all could have been avoided.

Dalji looked up from the burning man. Still Dalji hoped he died, but there may be another day that he could kill him. A Minotaur ignored the burning carcass at his feet as he looked for Dalji in vain. Dalji's gaze was locked firmly on the Bat's back. This scene was disgusting. Dalji didn't even want to waste his time with these cur any longer. His cloaking was just a manner to even the odds, but it wasn't his only trick.

"You all sicken me..." Dalji said moving about the debris. His voice was moving around so it was difficult to place were he was. The smoke and dust in the air from the bomb made it difficult to see the slight image his cloaking made."You protect the man that is responsible for the death of my brothers. You think you can push around anyone you like. You think how you see the world is more valid then the rest, ha. You take for granted all those things in your life till they are gone. The mighty fall, the weak are taken advantage of, and the good die young. They always do." Dalji had used his bomb as a diversion itself. It would have certainly blinded the Bat, but it hadn't been meant to kill him, though their was a fairly good chance it could have. "I would know these things, I am a Giant-Killer after all."

TAG: Debatra, Yorgmiester, Tiki

The Knight's Court Inn

Tronfros waited a few seconds, and when no answer was forthcoming, he shrugged and pounded up to the table, hurling it aside with a flick of his sword.

The gnome wasn't there.

Of course, it did have a cloaking spell, but even with cloaking spells a small broken outline or something would give the person away if one was to look close enough. None such image was here. He kicked around in the area a few times to make sure, then turned to face the rest of the rubble. The gnome couldn't have gone far, so he must still be somewhere in the Inn.

"You all sicken me..." the voice gave Tronfros his answer. His eyes shot back and forth, trying to pinpoint the little wretch's location. "You protect the man that is responsible for the death of my brothers. You think you can push around anyone you like..." the voice continued it's monologue. He tilted his head, listening intently. The voice was definitely moving somewhere to his left, in the rubble. As he studied the mass of wood an stone, he noticed the man who had been pinned to the table, still alive and burning. It sent chills through his spine, but there was nothing he could do right now, he had to take care of the threat.

As the voice continued, he began narrowing down it's location, till he had it down to a fairly small area in front of him and to his left. The gnome had gone almost a half-curcle around the Inn during his monologue. Now it seemed he was about to finish. Tronfros had to act. He breathed in deeply, eyes glowing slightly blue, and took several steps in the gnome's general direction. "I would know these things, I am a Giant-Killer after all."

As the last words came out, Tronfros let loose the blizzard. This time instead of catching it in his hands and throwing it for a more concentrated blast, he simply blew it out his nose and mouth to cover a much larger area, i.e. the entire left side of the ruined inn. If it worked as he intended, the frost would reveal the gnome, then the fight could begin.

The Knight's Court Inn

The table that the Minotaur thoughtlessly kicked aside was the same one that the burning human was connected to. After all Dalji had sought cover behind that table after it had been moved to the wall. It was a pitiful thing to see the table tumble about with the man still attached to hit. Also the wire that was connected to the bolt in the bat's wing, also connected to the table, would throw the bat as well. The human, with his burning flesh would be soft and such an impact would let the meat fall straight off the bone. Dalji wondered if this human man was still alive. It was important that he died. These monsters interfered were they had no right. Why did he have to stop for them?

Dalji set a smoke bomb at his last position. By lighting a piece of cloth, and tying it to the fuse, it would act like a timer of a few seconds before it set off the the smoke bomb. It was only a momentary distraction. Dalji looked up a crack in piles of rock after he finished his monologue. Dalji had been wandering in the debris behind the Bat which was on the opposite side of the Inn from the minotaur. He seemed to be shooting a spell. The Minotaur had over looked the fact that he would have to fire straight through the Bat, but that wasn't Dalji's concern anyway. The bizzard would most likely hit the stone and wood that over arched the gnomes small form as he crawled under his cover away from the smoke bomb he planted. He didn't know for sure, but as he crawled he was sure something like that would happen.

Dalji didn't understand what the spell would do since he had near complete cover because his small size even if frost covered the entire inn it would all just go over him. As he crawled he hoped that Burning Human died and this frost would allow to change the field to his advantage.

The Knight's Court Inn

A chill swept through him, a magical chill. It was a weak one, but relieving regardless. The area around Raz'nak's body began to absorb this magic. He began to gain the strength to stand. Stumbling over to the dead barkeep, he smiled. "You won't be needing this anymore, old man." Raz'nak whispered to the spirit, who still floated aimlessly. The mana that hadn't depleted from the bartender's body surged into Raz'nak. He roared with delight as he finally regained his strength. "That little bastard is going to pay..." Raz'nak yelled, pivoting on his bony feet.

Another smoke bomb was set, making the area harder to see. Thankfully, the frost from the minotaur's spell caused an immense chill. If and when the little gnome starts crawling around on the freezing floorboards, Dalji would light up like a firefly in Raz'nak's eyes. "Come here, little mouse. Kitty wants to play." Raz'nak raised his now clawed fingers and begins to walk toward the basement flore line, scanning for any difference in movement or temperature.

TAG: Debatra, Yorgie, and Sai

Outskirts of Galath

IC: Jeistan

Jeistan proceeded to sit on the mat as had been recommended. He closed his eyes and tried to relax. No stranger to the art of meditation, he had meditated before battle on numerous previous occasions. His muscles all relaxed and he let his mind be at ease.

As if he were in his own separate universe, Jeistan pictured himself in an open field. Across the field was a dark, hooded figure. He could not make out the figure's exact features, but he somehow knew that it was a human. The figure quickly held up a staff, and swung it horizontally in the air. A bolt of golden lightening without warning shot toward Jeistan, and with quick reflexes, he brought up his shield to block it. The strike ignored his block completely, and he felt a jolt of pain. Once again, the figure swung the staff, and shot another bolt. The process repeated itself numerous times, until Jeistan felt a strange presence, unlike any he had ever felt before. With this presence, he felt a new pool of energy, with which he drew upon to block with, instead of using his shield. There was no jolt of pain. He practiced this new ability, until he was brought out of his trance with a large explosion.

He shot up, as he had found himself passed out and lying on his back. "What was that?" he said aloud, hoping Malto was still there.

The Knight's Court Inn

Hmmm. It seemed the frost hadn't revealed the gnomes position. Time to try again.

Tronfros was about to do it again, when a smoke bomb flew out from behind a piece of rubble and landed behind him. Gotcha. He took a second the mentally mark the location, then turned and let loose another blizzard, blowing away the smoke and putting out the tiny bomb. Then he walked up to it and stomped on it for good measure. Smiling in satisfaction, he turned back around to face the rubble and the gnome, readying his sword should he need to throw it. He was already scanning the rubble for any key hiding spots the gnome might have gone too.

His eyes narrowed on some movement to his left, and he noticed Raz'nak walking through the rubble, grinning like a devil, headed for something. Presumably, the gnome. Apparently the bonesack could see the little fiend. It would be better to let him handle this, despite how much the minotaur hated him. He would have to settle for providing backup, at least until he could properly see the gnome.

He sheathed his sword and stalked forward towards the gnome's general area, or at least where Raz'nak seemed to think he was, and then took out his staff. He raised it up, and then stabbed it down, the end ramming into the floorboards and down into the dirt. It began to glow a bright, icy blue, and then with a burst of cool, refreshing air, spread it's warding effect out across the room. He had willed of his intentions just before-hand, making sure it only effected him, Raz'nak, and the bat. It would also effect Crimson, should he decide to get up.

Now he just had to wait and watch for his chance to strike. He braced his legs and got into a defensive position next to his totem, watching Raz'nak's movements, and the rubble, warily.

TAG: Tiki, Debatra, Sai

Remains of the Knight's Court Inn

Though at first glance he appeared nearly unaffected, Debatra had been stunned by the blast. He only came out of his daze after the first Blizzard came. In the time he took to gather his senses; another smoke bomb flew past him, which another Blizzard put out, and he noticed the Necromancer get up.

Then, he noticed the Minotaur's blast had dulled the pain his his wing. He ran over to the table to break it.

If I can't break the cord, I'll get rid of the dead-weight and pull the bolt later.

Glad that the table had nearly been destroyed in the blast, Debatra hacks away what's left and turns around. He sees the Necromancer moving, almost as if he knew where the Gnome was. Deciding to keep the Gnome's attention away from the Necromancer; Debatra flies to the other side of the room, picking a random spot away from anyone visible, living or otherwise, intending to slash in seemingly random directions.

He barely lifts his sword before stopping, the effects of the Minotaur's spell reaching him.

TAG: Tiki, Remains of the Knight's Court Inn

Basement of The Knight's Court Inn

Dalji was nowhere near his smoke bomb, he had not needed to throw it mind you. He just put it in a secluded cranny of ruble and set the fuse-like timer he had fashioned with a piece of cloth. You just needed to light one end of the cloth then wait till it reached the other end, which in this case was the fuse of the smoke bomb.

Dalji pressed his belly against the basement floor. everyone that was still conscious lied here in the remains of the Inn's basement. Smoke filled the air as the smoke bomb did it's job. The cold enveloped the room, but the it was not able to freeze him in his place. The crawled off the floor boards onto the chilling stone of the basement floor. Dalji could see under the smoke and he had found what he was looking for. The inn had been of a simple design and it's foundation had taken a beating from the debris of the floors above as well as the initial explosion. The very stone the building was built on was shambles of what it once was. Dalji smiled to himself.

He had found a crack in the foundation of the building. He placed his bomb in the crack shoving it down as hard as he could. When this beauty went off it would shatter the ground beneath their feet, causing an effect similar to a sink hole. The walls that had once been the outline of the basement would collapse and dirt would avalanche into the pit the basement would become. Dalji scooted back to give him a little breathing space. While the blast would be directed up and down because it was in the crack he didn't want to tempt fate. Falling into the basement relatively unharmed had been a godsend in itself.

Dalji took out his detonator and looked up. Dalji saw standing before him a bony figure. The air cleared had cleared of smoke suddenly. The smoke had down it's job. He didn't need it anymore. The bone-man began to talk in a common tongue, "Come here, little mouse. Kitty wants to play."

Dalji just laughed as the bone-man stood just next to the crack. "Ha, this mouse is going through the hole." The bone-man may have asked, 'What Hole?' if Dalji had waited for a response. He pressed the big red button on his detonator. They thought just because he was small they could muscle him around. He would show them how wrong they were. They were about to be sent underground.

Remains of the Knight's Court Inn

"What h-" Raz'nak began. His interruption was, of course, Dalji's bomb that was placed right beneath him, sending him deep into incoming dirt, mouthfirst. The weakened foundation helped the effects of the bomb fill the basement up with dirt. The building crumbled under him, enveloping Raz'nak under multiple pounds of dirt. The rest of the first floor crumbled with it, sending Crimson and the barkeep with Raz'nak under. Raz'nak was woozy now, but not woozy enough to realize what had happened.

Raz'nak shook his head weakly through the dirt, and began trying to dig his way out. Without most major muscles and thick arms, Raz'nak struggled greatly. His hand hit something, and he instinctfully grabbed the tunic, hoping it was the gnome. A foaming Crimson landed into Raz'nak. "M... m... ma... master?" he gaped, sending some dirt into his mouth.

His master looked dead. He had too much to drink, and must have lost control. And Raz'nak ignored him. He forgot him. He killed... They killed him. They killed him! They killed Crimson! The bat, the gnome, the minotaur... they are murderers. And murderers must die. They must...

Raz'nak began to furiously swipe at the dirt around him. Slowly but surely he began to make progress through the dirt. He moved at speeds he couldn't normally, with strength that was his own. In his human life, they would call this adrenaline. In the undead world, they call it 'Wrath'.

TAG: Debatra, Sai, Yorgmiester, Tirin

Outskirts of Galath

Malto could feel it. A dark magic was being summoned. He had felt it once before. Only once. A man in strange robes, with the Symbol of the Morning in a dark red, came and struck down one of clans Steelhides with a single strike of a red blade. The Steelhide rose with the man's hand, and then began to attack us. Malto could not understand. He barely saw the slaughterfest. That presence of magic had scarred Malto to his room, and he hid there. He experienced the magic escaping from his town, being sliced away by the man. He knew this feeling well. The feeling of deathly magic.

"I must go. We have no more time to practice today. There is trouble I must stop. I ask you for your help." Malto asked in a pleading manner. "If you choose to flee, I would understand." He placed a hand upon the werewolf's head, and cast a word of magic. A feeling of cleansing washes over Jeistan's mind. "If I do not see you again soon, I grant you this. This should help you channel your magic."

Black Dusk Headquarters

IC: Pouthic the Angry

"Password." Pouthic commanded.

"He who only sees with his own eyes is blinded by others." Jimmy said. The torch before him lit, casting shadows onto the doorway, allowing Jimmy to Step through.

"Report." Pouthic commanded.

"The Knight's Court Inn is destroyed. I could not retrieve him." Jimmy sighed.

"Unacceptable." Pouthic bellowed.

"Sir, a bomb went off. I couldn't-" Jimmy explained.

"No acception. Your mission has failed." Pouthic roared. "Mantis will replace you. Mantis will not fail me." A terrani moved from the shadow in a bowed position. "Mantis, find the Kaedan and bring him to me."

Jimmy the Quick was not so easily defeated. Mantis would be out of his league. That's why Pouthic would fail as an Overseer. He was rash. One either succeeded, or failed. So Jimmy wouldn't tell those assholes about Dalji, or even the others present. Maybe Mantis would perish, and Jimmy would succeed. Then they would make him an Overseer, like he should have been long ago.

Letting an ogre run the place... Jimmy stopped himself. What was he saying? He could not let his emotions run wild like that. Discrimination? He was becoming more like those Red Dawn bastards every day. That is why he is not an Overseer. But regardless, Jimmy would succeed with this mission, no matter what.

TAG: Debatra, Sai

Underneath the remains of The Knight's Court Inn

The result was just what he wanted. As the soil and earth swallowed up the basement Dalji diving head first. His people were a burrowing people and building a tunnel with his bare hands was like walking in the park. The soil smelt damp and fresh and he could feel the presences of the other burrowing creatures in varying degrees of distances. As a Gnome he had a certain sense about how to make a tunnel that could withstand the ages. While the entrance of this current tunnel was now covered with the remains of the Inn, Dalji suspected that if someone was lucky they might be able to stumble upon it. Just in case Dalji placed one or two contact explosives in the tunnel behind him.

Dalji was a fast tunneler, and his size allowed for him to keep his tunnels smaller and more efficient. He had a location in mind a small patch of earth that had the look of a park. It was a moderate distance from the Inn, but what Dalji needed was a lead. He needed to fine some answers. He wanted to reach the Bounty Office, and get information on those wanted posters he had seen earlier. Any information on the Black Dusk he would grasp onto with both hands. Maybe he should start looking for the Red Dawn. That was an interesting thought.

Galath Bounty Office

IC: Orthik the Forgotten

What a day. First the arena blows to bits, and now the inn. I don't know why they felt it was important for me to be here. Surely no one saw anything... At least the day is done. Orthik began to stand when a gnome appeared from the ground a couple of feet from the doorway, then entering. Dirt fell from his shoulders and hair onto his brown cloak. A large burn mark covered half his face, but even through it, he could tell the gnome had something important to say.

"Oh... hello." Orthik said cautiously. "Is there something you need?"

TAG: Sai

Galath Bounty Office

"Hehe, You could say that." Dalji chuckled dryly. He voice held no humor in it, so anyone could tell he wasn't in the best of moods. His eyes pierced upward at the man. A clump of dirt fell as he did so. "it's come to my attention that you have bounties out on members of the Black Dusk. I would like information on each of those bounties, you could call this your lucky day. I would preferably like the bounties worth more dead then alive." Dalji added with all seriousness.

Galath Bounty Office

"You want information?" Orthik sighed. "I can't give you a higher bounty if he's dead, but I'll give you information." Orthik cleared his throat.

"The first suspect is known as Jimmy the Quick. At least, that's his nickname. They use codenames, you see, to prevent others from finding out their actual names. They call him Jimmy the Quick, because no one has ever been able to successfully track him down. He could be running from a crime scene, then he simply disappears within a crowd like that." Orthik snapped his fingers for emphasis. "We have reason to believe that he swaps costumes and puts up another alias. Because of his suspected tendency and long-term commitment with the Black Dusk, it might have been him who suggested the codenames. We believe he uses a hand crossbow and a dagger. Orthik eyes Dalji up and down. "We're pretty sure he's a gnome. Some say he's Caultic, like yourself, which would explain how he can be so easily lost in a crowd. Others say he's a Sylannian Gnome because of how limber and agile he is. Others say he's a Roldakian, for they have extensive knowledge of trapsmithing. No one really knows." Orthik said, taking a flier on one of the Black Dusk from a bulletin board behind him.

"This is Pouthic the Angry." he said, flinging the sheet toward you. The picture revealed a fat, toad-like creature that resembled an ogre. "He doesn't do a lot of jobs, so we think he's an enforcer of some kind. Someone would have seen that fatass running around. We've only seen him once. He broke through the Castle's Armory, and took a bunch of their weapons. When the guards tried to stop him, the ogre started wielding multiple greatswords in each hand like a barbarian; he was unstoppable. He even killed his one of his own; the one we believed alerted the guards." Orthik shook his head, taking out a bottle of whiskey and taking a swig. "He hasn't been seen since, but during some of the attacks, witnesses have claimed to hear them name using the name."

Orthik took another flier, and also flicked it to Dalji. "He's Vedere the Smuggler. He's a minotaur, yet somehow he manages to go unseen. We believe his name represents his line of work. While we don't actually have any evidence that the Black Dusk have done any smuggling despite what higher-ups might tell you, he might be in charge of recruiting and bringing in new members. He's "smuggling" new members for the Black Dusk." Orthik chuckled. "Look at 'em, cracking jokes. They're toying with us." he shook his head. "They don't recruit much, so he might also be sending messages between the Black Dusk headquarters, like a scout. He was reported to have been spotted by a local warrior who had been invited to join the Black Dusk. After he reported the incident, he conveniently... forgot". Orthik hid a small grin behind his bottle.

Orthik sat back into his chair and looked up at the ceiling, taking another swig. "The final ones, the ones with the highest bounty, charged for multiple accounts of murder, larceny, leading a group of terrorists, and defying the king, are Sfidare, Giudizio, and Vendetta. The leaders. No one knows anything about them really. Everyone who's seen them has died."

Galath Bounty Office

Dalji eyed the man's bottle disgustedly. This man had no self-respect for his job and Dalji was surprised he even knew as much as he did. Dalji gave his body a slight ruffle letting the rest of the dirt fall to the ground. It seemed the bounty office wasn't as informed as he thought they were. "Do you know any rumors of their locations? I don't really need to know their histories, that's not why I'm here." The information he had been told would be helpful in it's own right. More or less Dalji knew he was going to have to sneak up on all of these Black Dusk members. They all had their own specialties if he was going to attack them head on.

Ruins of the Knight's Court Inn

Tronfros jumped backward and grabbed his staff as the explosion went off just in front of him. As he turned, depositing his staff back in it's sling, the ground beneath him fell into the growing pit, and he plummeted down into the dirt. He struggled, thrashing his legs back and forth as they were quickly submerged in the earth. The gnome dove into the roiling dirt and mud to his right, but was out of his reach. In a few more moments he was buried up to his chest, while Raz'nak was nowhere to be found, probably sucked into the middle of the sinkhole.

Tronfros' eyes caught a flash of red and he saw the still unconscious Crimson slide down the dirt bank toward the center. He roared, kicking with all his might, and was able to free himself slightly, diving forward to grab at the dwarf's legs. He missed, and they went under. The minotaur, now lying prone in the middle of the pit, was promptly buried as well, as the massive sinkhole continued to fill.

Finally, after several long, agonizing seconds, the movements stopped. Tronfros heaved himself up, struggling to gain traction in the soft soil, and eventually was able to stand, his chest and shoulders emerging from the meant-to-be grave. He looked around, taking in the catastrophic damage, then began digging for Crimson. In a few seconds he found the red boot, then the leg...

Raz'nak burst from the dirt in a rage, arms swinging wildly. He seemed to be in some sort of berserker state, and it was all Tronfros could do to shove himself backwards through the mud to get clear of the claw-like fingers.

Tag: Tiki, Debatra, Tirin

When the bomb went off, Debatra flew into the hole to try to help the others get out. When the Minotaur was interrupted from digging up Crimson, he aimed a Chain of Fire at the leg. Instead of hurting him, Debatra channeled the flame to restore Crimson's energy, while trying to pull him out of the ground. With any luck, the energy boosts from the Chain and from Tronfros's spell would be enough to wake Crimson.

TAG: Tiki, Ruins of KC Inn

Galath Bounty Office

He only chuckled. "Their location? Why the hell would we know where they are?! If we had any idea, then we wouldn't have a problem! We wouldda found them!" he yelled, starting to sway from side to side.

Then he noticed Dalji looking at his bottle. "What? You gatta probem with my drinkin'? Huh?! You haven seen what I seen!" his words slurred a bit. Stumbling forward, he breathed whiskey-smelling words into Dalji's ear. "Wanna know why they call me Orthik the Forgotten?"

He fell backward onto his ass, taking the last bit of whiskey from his bottle before throwing it at a wall, shattering it. "I make othersh forget thingsh... Things they need to forget. But I can't ever forget. The horrorsh, and the torture, and the deaths... I can never forget... Withou' me, they can wor' their bess. Trauma! It don't work on 'em, cuz I can make 'em never nee' to see it..." Orthik began to weep loudly.

IC: Olm

This is quite annoying... Olm thought angrily. None of those assassins could be found. And now the inn was blown apart as well. He'd have no free room, and after that promise to pay for room and board for the others, he'd be broke by tomorrow. Then a thought occured. I bet it was those assailants! That Black Dusk! Olm felt a little more relieved that he had a lead again.

Olm rushed to the bounty office to get any information he could. He happened upon a weeping slumped over man and a gnome standing there. The gnome might have been looking at him, but through the burn, he couldn't tell. "Um... I'm here for information on the Black Dusk... but if this is a bad time..."

That gnome escaped. He ran away. He needed to be found. The minotaur and the bat... they were casting something. There was magic being used on Crimson. They wanted to hurt him. "YOU BASTARDS GET AWAY FROM HIM!" Raz'nak roared a word of magic. A magic bolt of dark green matter shot in Tronfros's direction, barely missing him. It landed on a table, which quickly began to decay into a heaping blob of black and green mush.

TAG: Debatra, Yorgmiester, Tirin

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked