Across the Four Great Islands (Fantasy RP) *Now Recruiting Again*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Outskirts of Galath - Entrance

IC: Malto

"Well..." said one of the guards uneasily. He glanced toward the other one as if to ask "What do we do?"

"How do we know it's really you?" the other bursted. His face expressed his joy of finding a clever response.

"Yeah! You could be a Black Dusk member in disguise!" the first agreed. "You'll need to prove that you're really the tournament participents."

Malto was clearly sick of this. Shaking himself fully awake, he pulls out what appears to be a large section of tree trunk from his back. "Well, allow me to demonstrate." Malto smiled. Within a moment, Malto's gentle smile was replaced with an angry one. His expression became that of a raging bull. His posture became hunched, and his arms began to bulge. Taking his staff, he twirled it around and slammed it against the ground, shouting in a deep voice separate of his own. "Down The Mountain!" he casted. The land itself shook, tilted, and rose, slanting toward the gates of Galath. The minotaur was perched on the top, holding onto the staff to prevent sliding down.

The guards began let out small noises. If they had been less terrified, the noises would have been shrieks. "You have two options. You can open the gate, or I can." the beast called down. The guards were all but eager to bang on the gates frantically, and let them in.

Malto pulled the trunk-sized staff from the ground, and the mountain returned into the land. Malto needed to find his way toward that disturbance. It was faint now, but Malto might be able to collect some of it. The hulking figure moved quickly through the gates and toward the Knight's Court Inn.

TAG: Fatscalyman

Speared Grape Inn - Tronfros's Room

Debatra's Identify Effect: Neither the book nor the envelope held any magic of its own, magical residue was fresh on it. It came from a transportation spell of some kind, but the residue wasn't good enough to tell of what kind. Whoever put the envelope there knew to cover his tracks.

IC: Narrator

After casting Identify on the book and envelope, then shaking the book violently t- reveal nothing but dusty pages. Debatra takes the envelope, and begins to open it to reveal another note.

Mr. Debatra Fallin,
You caused quite a bit of commotion at the Inn. We were unable to meet and chat, but your scuffle with the gnome was satisfying. We will meet again soon, and alert you in this manner, as it as proven effective.
-An Impressed Friend

P.S. - Don't worry about the note. We'll take it from you ourselves.

TAG: Debatra

Speared Grape Inn

IC: Raz'nak

The cow became riled up, rushing toward the unconcious bald man. From his position, the man's head had suffered a good beating, and he was losing a fair amount of blood. The position the man was laying suggested that his spine was damaged. His spirit was still very much alive, however. Yet voice reached out to him, and it was from the body. It was like a spirit encased inside of the man. Raz'nak could do nothing but look baffled at the man lying lifeless on the table.

The bartender rubbed his head and began to send a curse or two at the minotaur. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

TAG: Yorgmiester

Speared Grape Inn

IC: Tronfros Gronintur

Tronfros stared down at the man. The smack had failed to wake him up, so he was clearly more than unconscious. It appeared he was heavily injured as well. His head was bleeding profusely, and it looked like his back may have been broken.

Tronfros reached into a pouch and pulled out one of his many flasks and potions, along with a roll of bandages. He poured a bit of the flask onto the bandage, then gingerly wrapped it around the man's head. "That should stop the bleeding quickly, and remove any infection. As for the injuries to his back, I can do nothing. In my land, that kind of wound is fatal, but maybe there is something you can do for him here?"

TAG: Tiki

Speared Grape Inn - Lobby
IC: Debatra Fallin

After reading the note, Debatra looks around, searching for the stranger from the alley. He didn't see them, and there was no puff of air to warn him this time. Taking advantage of everone's attention being focussed elsewhere, Debatra puts the note back in the envelope and holds it out. After it's taken, he puts his book away and moves to the group.

"Nobody try to move him. I'll fly out and bring help." He offers. "Does anyone know where the nearest hospital is?"

TAG: Tiki, Speared Grape Inn

Speared-Grape Inn - Lobby

"There's one on the other side of the the Knight's Court Inn. Put it there when they made the Arena. Figured someone would get hurt." Raz'nak said to the bat. He watched the body begin to react to the potion. The fresh, warm blood stopped dripping from his head slowly. His blood was flowing, but in a strange fashion. "CRIMSON! GET YOUR DRUNKEN ASS DOWN HERE! YOU'RE NEEDED!" Raz'nak commanded. Many of the still sleeping residents began to shout curses from their rooms, banging on the floorboards in protest. No matter how tired Crimson was, the chorus of mayhem would be hell for his head.

Sure enough, Crimson began stumbling down the stairs holding his head.

IC: Crimson

How much would it hurt to take a dagger and just cut off his head? Crimson's throbbing head asked himself. It had better be important, or else Crimson would see to it that Raz'nak's skull was made into a goblet. Crimson entered the lobby to find a man bleeding out of his head.

"What's wrong with him?" Crimson murmured.

"His back is broken, and his head is bleeding," Raz'nak summarized. "He's not dead yet, but I hear something coming from him. I can't explain it."

Crimson hastily hobbled over to the body. He reached his right hand under the man's back, fingering each part of the spine while the left hand held the bloody, bald scalp. "You," Crimson motioned to Tronfros, shifting his hand to hold the man's upper chest and neck. "When I say now, push down on his stomach. Careful not to break any bones."

"And if he does, the man's dead." Raz'nak sneered. "Why don't we get my body first? That way, if either of you screw up, I can fix your mistake."

"Because the longer we wait, the more time this man's condition has to become worse. His spine isn't supporting his body right." Crimson argued.

"Are you two even doctors? The kaedan has the right idea here. They'll fix him up no problem!" the bartender protested.

TAG: Debatra, Yorgmiester
Galath Arena - Waiting Room

IC: Olm

The serpenti, the gnome, and the elf made their way towards the Galath Arena. Past Malto the minotaur, who was thundering through town toward the Knight's Court Inn. Past Cameron, the ragdoll being pulled through a broken inn window. Past the Clock Tower, where magic had dominated their minds the previous night. The trio walked through the still missing doorways of the Waiting Room, a small area that a contestant must wait behind an iron portcullus before charging into battle, surrounded by an oncheering crowd.

The weapon racks, holy symbols, tables, and chairs were all damaged or burned. The fires had since died, most likely from the gusts of wind that swept through the gate every now and then. One of the only things that remained was pull-down spiral staircase, who's polished wood was still intact. "Who left this open?" Olm wondered. The druid moved toward the staircase when the stairs began to shake. Down came Tarln the Yalok.

Tarln's 8-foot figure made him slump over on the staircase. Frosted bandages were wrapped around his furry gray chest, arms, and legs. His greatclub bounced against the wooden stairs.

"Evening, Olm. Who are your friends?" Tarln bellowed. He eyed Dalji, who was giving him a bit of a vicious stare. His eyes turned toward Lucien, causing him to call out in surprise. "Oh, you! Serpenti! I've been looking for you!" Tarln came down the rest of the stairs and pulled a small from his pack. The bag jingled and shook like money. "This was on your medical bed. You forgot to take it."

TAG: Tirin, Sai

IC: Dalji the Giant-Killer

"Glad to get the pleasantries aside. So, Beast-man what could you tell me about the attacks earlier?" Dal said cutting in. He had been delayed enough as it was. He had people to kill and only had names; Jimmy the Quick, Pouthic the Angry, and Vedere the Smuggler. Those names would help him find the ones he would kill though, whether they wanted to or not.

TAG: Tirin, Tiki.

The Speared Grape Inn

Tronfros scowled at the little skull, then tossed Raz'nak over his shoulder, not caring where he landed. "Alright, I'm ready." he boomed, gently placing both massive hands on the man's stomach. It would be tricky business, due to the fact that his palms were both the at least the size of the man's chest, but he had learned how to use a gentle, steady hand over the years, so he would be up to it.

Galath Arena- Entrance

IC: Ki'Vul Geran

Ki'vul entered the large double doors of the arena, he strode to the fighter registration area. He had been traveling for months now and for weeks he had gone without a fight, he needed to feel the rage of battle again before he went insane. From what the he had learned the arena would give him better sport than any tavern brawl. He got to the counter of the registration deck and put both hands down and leaned forward.

"I'm looking for a fight"

Tag: Tiki

Speared Grape Inn

IC: Crimson Urzi

Crimson nodded at Tronfros. "Alright... Now!" Crimson yelled. Tronfros began to push weight into the man. He began to bend like wood under pressure. Then, with a definite crack and a cry out from the man, his back collapsed onto the table.

"Ah-haa-ah!" he exclaimed. His face contorted, and his arms shook out. His head pulsed out and began to turn purple like a bruise.

Crimson winced at the cry, rubbing his head with his right hand. "I think I can take it from here... I'll help his blood circulate through his head, and it'll know where it needs to go." he nodded to Tronfros. Now looking at the man again, he tried to get him to talk. "Sir, can you tell me what happened?"

IC: Cameron Moltise

"There's a minotaur, and a dwarf, and a fat human." Topis pointed out. "Ohh, and the floors are made of wood, and the table we're on is also wood, but a different type. And then-"

"Cameron! Get Topis to shut up!" Malis cried. "By Redorente's light! The day we find Markos is the day we can all rest easy!" Malis continued to bicker, but Cameron was in too much pain to listen to it all.

Midanik awoke. "I can sense him." it said to the other Shards, who's mental response was sudden. Midanik was a quiet one, never talking unless it was important. "Cameron needs to get better first. The less you talk, the better."

"He's around..." Cameron said aloud. "My head..."

TAG: Yorgmiester, Debatra

Galath Arena - Entrance

IC: Counter Receptionist

The woman turned from her book, and sighed. "You're a little late. The tournament's already started." She looked at Ki'vul up and down, and sighed again. She leaned toward a list on the counter, and lifted a few pages. "Capricorn has reserved the Arena grounds for practice later in the morning. He'd probably welcome some practice rounds with you. Try then." She returned to her book.

TAG: Captainguy42

Yorgmiester:

IC: Lucien Z'rai'thai

"Be silent, gnome." The Serpenti hissed softly, taking the sack from Tarln and looking inside to affirm that it was money, or anything else important. "Patience is a virtue, and one that even some humans possess. You will get your information in due time, but almost certainly not by demanding it." He advised, turning his attention and words back to the Yalok. "Thank you. May I ask the source of your injuries, or would you prefer to address the gnome's question first?"

He seemed unduly and uncomfortably polite to Tarln, as if he owed him something - which he well and truly did. Despite the common association with Serpenti as dishonorable liars (due to the symbolism of snakes as deceitful animals), they took repaying their debts to an extreme level. Tarln was now under Lucien's protection (to the extent that the only thing that wouldn't be offered was his life), but whether or not that was a good thing was debatable.

TAG: Tiki, Sai

IC: Tarln

The bag opens to reveal a large spiked chain connected by three handle rings. The chain resembles the weapon used by Lucien's previous arena combatant.

"Ah, just the injuries from yesterday's fight. Rushing into battle against those assassins made my injuries flare up some more, so I've decided to wear them again today to be safe." Tarln smiled at Lucien. He held his smile until he looked at Dalji with disdain. "About the assassins... well, there were four at all times. Killing one made another come out of the shadows. If you hit one, they turned into smoke-"

Olm looked up. "Actually, you usually never hit one." Olm corrected. Realization spread over his. "Moments before you hit one, it would burst into smoke. There's a chance that he doesn't move through the shadows like I thought. He might just have access to summon spells that can do that, and he simply swapped places with them."

Galath Arena- Reception

IC: Ki'vul

Ki'vul grunted, it irritated him that he would not be allowed to join the main event but a fight was a fight.

" When and where will we fight?" Ki'vul asked without the slightest hint of courtesy.

Tag: Tiki

"Hah! The thanks I get for trying to help a Beast-man. I will find these would-be assassin whether you help or not." Dally said to the Beast-man with equal disdain. He didn't really care if the thing liked him or not, if it was going to be uncooperative there were always other methods Dalji could resort to. "Either way, if the attackers were present here in a physical form no matter if they were using magic, I would bet that they left some trace behind. Did either of you see someone or something out of place before the attacks? Anything you may remember could be crucial." Daly asked gesturing to Olm and the Beast-man.

"Please refrain from making rude comments, Snake-man. You seem no more patient then any human. I demanded nothing from the Beast-man, I just tire of your slow snake ways." Dally said as an insult. Dally made no pretense about his distaste of others, but he did not have time for such delays. Ever second they wasted an already dwindling trail became colder. The assassin's were after something here. They left when they chose to meaning that they must have accomplished what they were after. All Dalji had to discover was what.

TAG: Tiki, Tirin

"You are shockingly rude to a being capable of swallowing you whole, gnome." Lucien commented snidely, coiling about himself as he usually did when expecting not to move for even a fairly short period of time. He didn't have much to do, his battle with Raz'nak not to begin until later that day, and decided he may as well help Olm and Dalji out, even though he bore a particular distaste for the gnome. After all, he could well have been crushed by the wreckage which he at least suspected was a result of the criminals, and had taken part in the fight with the 'assassins'.

Now that he could at least suspect that the assassins had been members of Black Dusk, he would hunt them down and strike quickly and quietly, like the serpent (well, Serpenti) that he was. And like any other, he would not miss.

TAG: Tikishades, Sai

Galath Arena - Reception

IC: Capricorn

Ahhh, that morning run hit the spot. Capricorn thought peacefully, completing his morning jog. Today he decided to scout through the Caverns of Melkato, an old mining ruin that held a rare metal called Aromantium. While there were a few monsters here and there, most were tucked deeper into the tunnels than the main path that Capricorn took, and it was nothing the minotaur couldn't handle.

The beast strode towards the counter, ignoring Ki'vul. "Miss, is it alright that I go in and train now?" Capricorn said, giving her a big smile and gesturing to himself, as if to help her recognize him.

"Sure thing, Cap." the woman said cheerfully, flipping a switch beneath the desk. The iron grate squealed open to the fluttering of a few birds into the morning sun. The receptionist turned her head and looked at Ki'vul with a smirk. "Oh, this guy here says he wants to fight you."

The minotaur turned toward the man, letting out a puff of air from his nostrils. "Is that so?" he smiled with a hint of disbelief. "Well, that sounds delightful. I'd be glad to teach you some combat techniques. Whenever you're ready, I'll be waiting inside." With that, the minotaur turned and strode to the Rec Room entrance.

TAG: Admiral Captainguymandudesir42

Galath Arena - Rec Room

IC: Tarln

The yak sighed. Respect wasn't going to be earned, he thought. "The only thing that he left behind was some magical residue and that mask. I'm surprised even that was left." Tarln shook his head.

From the entrance emerged the golden minotaur, strutting eagerly to the opening arena grate. "Oh, good morning Olm. How are you?" he said when he noticed Olm. "What are you still doing around here? Didn't you lose your match?" A smirk spread across Capricorn's face. "No matter. I've got training to do. Don't want to disappoint the crowds, right?"

Olm remembered the match, and showing it with just his facial expression. At the mention of the crowds however, a smirk slipped from him. "Oh, you didn't hear? Might not be a full house again. Seems people got a little scared that they'd be attacked by the assassins. It'll just be a small crowd. How unfortunate..." Olm whimpered with false sorrow.

Capricorn was clearly baffled. His mouth twitched open as if Olm had suddenly took the form of a chimera; each head cackling at him. "And to think..." the elf continued, "if only those assassins hadn't made such a ruckus, no one would have even known about it."

Finally, the beast found his tongue. "I-I-I'm sure after three days, they'll be fine." Capricorn reassured himself. "And... and I'm here to protect them!" he shouted with a smile. "They have no need to be scared when the great Capricorn is here to defend them!"

Galath Arena - Announcer's Cabin

IC: The "Announcer"

The sound of a throat clearing could be heard across the town, and into the castle walls. "Greetings, citizens of Galath! I'm excited to announce that the Knight's Cup Semifinals will be proceeding later today! The first match will be Venthus Larthud versus Marc Firewing, and will start in thirty minutes! Hurry, before all the good seats are taken, folks!"

The announcement caused an uproar in the people, many abandoning what they were doing before to stampede toward the Arena's Seating Entrance. The crowd was quickly taken under control at the door, but the people remained restless. The pushier the crowd got, the slower it took to get people seated, and the more impatient and reckless people got, and the pushier they became.

TAG: Everyone

Speared Grape Inn

IC: Cameron Moltise

The sudden announcement with the boisterous panic attack that followed was a thousand clubs to Cameron's head. Cameron leaped up, trying to cover his ears and hold his aching head. As the cacophony subsided, the man moaned "Ah... oh... My head... How much did I drink?" Cameron looked up at the dwarf and the minotaur with a furled brow and droopy eyes.

TAG: Yorgmiester, Debatra

Galath Arena - Rec Room

IC: Dalji

"I see," Dalji replied to the Beast-man's comment. Surely the mask could lead them somewhere. If it was their only lead then he would have to use it. The magical residue was no help to the gnome, but he noted it for future reference. "What of the mask? Does anything come to mind beast-man? Have you seen anything like this mask before?" He continued in a level tone.

Dalji didn't pay much attention to what the elf was saying to the new comer, but he found his reaction quite strange. The elf was blathering on, yet something seemed to trouble this creature. Dalji would have to look further into this Capricorn. Dalji cringed at the announcement. Everyone was so loud among the tall ones it was like they were born screaming at the top of their lungs."Pft, what's the Knight's Cup anyways?" Dalji said rubbing his ears.
TAG: Tirin, Tiki

Galath Arena - Rec Room

The Serpenti sat and listened to the bragging and arrogance that made up most of Capricorn's speech and presence with incredulous patience, forced to stop himself from releasing a hissing laugh at the minotaur's reaction to Olm's words. Certainly, he was an excellent fighter to hold the title of champion, but for him it was about nothing more than fame and fortune. He didn't do it to improve himself, probably didn't think it was possible. Capricorn considers himself at the top of the world, but he won't be ready to fall from such a height... At least he'll make for a good fight. Lucien thought, tongue flitting out to smell the air. He figured he may as well respond to his impatient companion's query about the Knight's Cup before he took offense, or something.

"The Knight's Cup, gnome," He hissed, "Is a tournament held here annually, where warriors and spellcasters of all sorts come to test their mettle. This is only it's third year running, but as you can see, it is quite the attraction. The masses love blood sports, after all." His tone was bitter; He would evidently prefer combat's place to be in actual brawls, war, and similar environments, despite the risks such situations would entail.

TAG: Sai, Tiki

Galath Arena- Rec Room

IC: Ki'vul Geran

Ki'vul watched as Capricorn walked away, from what the man had said it didn't seem like this was going to be the kind of all out fight Ki'vul was looking for, or this Capricorn was very confident, either way it pissed him off. He walked in soon after and saw Capricorn talking to the snake man and the gnome, he decided to inquire. He walked over adjusting his shield as he did, finally he stopped in front of them and asked " Do you know him?" He said motioning towards Capricorn, " Is he a good fighter?"

TAG: Sai Fai, Tirin, Tiki

Galath Arena - Rec Room

"I guess you're new to town?" Olm laughed. "Capricorn is a world renown fighter. That is to say, officially. He's famous for his participation in tournaments." the elf sighed, looking at Capricorn out on the battlemat. "I could have taken him down, if they would have let me use summon spells."

"The Knight's Cup is about honor, Olm. It's a one-on-one duel." Tarln explained. "This tournament is supposed to prove inner strength; raw strength and skill. They don't even let you use Enhancer armor. We train to be strong without them. Which is why I question the assassin's motive."

The druid turned his head. "You noticed that, too?" Tarln nodded. Olm took out the mask again, fingering the material. Spotting the goggles again, he attempts to put the mask over his head. Olm's ears struggle to fit right. "Oh well."

TAG: Tirin, Sai, Captanguy42

Galath Arena - Rec Room

" Well it is good to know that he is strong, I do think he doubts my intentions in seeking a fight with him. He seemed to think I was simply looking for some instruction, well he'll knew why I am here soon enough." Ki'vul replied. He was worried about what Olm said concerning a restriction on magic, while Ki'vul considered there to be nothing magical about his telekinesis, he had noticed others to think it was the work of spells. He noticed Olm struggling with the mask.

" So have there been assassins here?" Perhaps I would be better off finding one of them to fight he thought to himself.

Tag: Sai, Tirin, Tiki

Galath Arena - Rec Room

"Mmm, Capricorn is certainly a powerful and competent opponent, but he fights for all the wrong reasons, and is downright arrogant. He isn't just confident, but thinks of himself as the gods' great gift to the world. How wrong he is." Lucien said caustically, swishing his tail about on the floor slightly, showing just how eager he was to get moving. He took a liking to the newcomer almost immediately, but that was probably a direct result of his evident disdain for Capricorn.

"And yes, there were assassins - assailants would be a better term, I suppose - here, just a short time ago, stirring up trouble." Why does it matter to him, I wonder... Is it really any of his concern? Just small talk about recent incidents?

TAG: Sai, Captainguy, Tiki

Galath Arena - Rec Room

The elf, now fed up, flung the mask aside. Olm turned to face Ki'vul, then said "Yeah, some guys in black came to stir up trouble. We can't figure out why, though. And as for Capricorn," Olm then turned to the serpenti. "I couldn't agree more, Lucien."

Olm reached down to the mask and began to examine it again, staring into the goggles. For some reason, it made him look out at Capricorn practicing. "Ki'vul, he's probably waiting for you out there. Better get your fight in before the crowd finishes getting seated." The elf looked over at Tarln, who nodded, and began to remove his bandages and go upstairs to get ready for the Knight's Cup Semifinals.

TAG: Tirin, Sai, Captainguy42

"Forging Fires" Blacksmithing Shop

IC: Jimmy the Quick

Jimmy stared at his pocketwatch as the Blacksmith Brothers were busy fashioning Jimmy a new weapon and shield. He had been staring at it since that Announcer impostor broadcast to the town that the tournament was continuing. It had been twenty minutes, and still no all-call. Either they had noticed it, and didn't realize how humongous of a deal it was, even moreso for members outside of Galath to know; that idiot boss of his thought Mantis could handle it, going back to the original possibility; they've already been got; or that they are actually that dense and didn't hear it.

"Hey, your weapon is finished. I don't know if it's exactly correct, though. Where'd you even find the formula for this thing?" Forgefire yelled, scratching his head. McCain was still holding his ears. The men have had to work under the sound of the outside mob as it crowded the doors into the arena seats. Being inside, the noise wasn't as bad, but as all three of the men in the room would agree, it was comparing firestorms to hellstorms.

"Not important." Jimmy said quickly, grabbing his new buckler and strapping it on as he left. The shield was large, almost like a tower shield, with a sun contraption fit into the center of the shield, directly connected to the buckler's metal wrist strap. Jimmy found a quick alleyway and stepped into darkness, reappearing in the Announcer Booth. Before the enemy could react, Jimmy rotated the sun on his shield 180 degrees to the right. The booth filled with blinding light. A simple shield bash took out the impostor with a clunk! Spinning the sun back to it's original position, Jimmy took the man back to his own base. I wonder who he works for... Guess I'll find out.

Galath Arena - Admission Line

IC: ???

He stood around, hiding his face with a long cloak. People pushed and shoved, and he made sure to keep that going. He watched as the crowd shoved each other for a better seat to the battles soon to be before them. They fought each other so they can be closer to the combatants who were soon to be beating each other for the crowd's entertainment. They attacked each other so they can better watch the bloodbaths before them. It was loud. It was reckless. It was...

...discord.

Galath Arena - Rec Room

"Right reason to fight, Ha. Don't make me laugh." There were reasons to fight and reasons to protect, but the fact if they were "right" or not had no bearing whatsoever. It seemed that only humans fought for no reason at all. Fighting for money, for fame, or fighting for glory all made sense to Dalji. Raising ones status iin this world was desirable to some. Dalji didn't care for these things in themselves, but he could feel his own wallet becoming thin.

How many days had it been since he had decided to find the men that killed his brothers. Too long, he still needed to eat and needed money for bribes and for information.Dalji thought this tournament might be the place were he could get the resources he needed to continue his search."This King's Cup though, what's the money the winners receive. I would enter myself if the prize was worth my wile." If someone gaze him a good answer, which was any large sum then Dalji would indeed sign up for the tournament.

TAG: Tirin, Captanguy42, Tiki

Galath Arena - Rec Room

The Serpenti sat perfectly still for a few seconds, recalling what exactly the first prize amounted to - only the man who had handed out the fliers had told him anything, and even that was fairly vague. "I was told 'Your weight in money, women, and honor' - not much for you, gnome," He quipped cheekily, "Even if it is an accurate statement. I imagine that's first prize, too, and Capricorn seems to be a capable enough fighter to, at the least, put up a great challenge." He added, voice tinged with regret at having to say so. "And not to mention, I doubt you could enter in the semi-finals."

His tongue flitted out to get the scent and taste of the air surrounding him, hoping it wouldn't be nothing but the smell of the unwashed masses. Why is it that most humans, dwarves, gnomes, and the like always smell the way they do? They hardly have the senses I do, but it's disgusting, how can't they notice?

TAG: SaiFai, Tikishades, Captainguy42

Galath Arena - Rec Room

" This tournament does sound interesting, a good chance to get the hate flowing. Too bad I can't join it... I might have a solution to that." Ki'vul said, he then immediately turned around and left without so much as a nod of goodbye. It was not rudeness, the Monishai simply did not consider goodbye's necessary, so they did not say them. Before he went out to the Arena he went back to his pack to retrieve something of great value, a map. He then went out to the arena to meet Capricorn.

" Let's make this more interesting." Ki'vul said brandishing the map. " In my hands I hold I map that leads back to my homeland, a bastion of the lost Psionic arts. To scholars and the magocracy it is likely worth several time more than the prize of this tournament." This was not a fact he knew for certain, but he knew the map was certainly worth a lot.

" I wager this map, that I can defeat you in a round of combat, if I win, you relinquish your spot in the tournament to me."

Tag: Tiki, SaiFai, Tirin

Speared Grape Inn

"I suppose my work here is done then." Tronfros rumbled, ignoring the man's question and instead turning his attention to the crowds and noise outside. He knew humans were pretty bloodthirsty and cruel, but this was simply stupid. The coming duel must be a big one. Perhaps I should observe.

Turning away from Cameron he shoved his way through the rush of people exiting the inn, following the sound of wild and angry exclamations and curses that signaled where Raz'nak was being kicked about on the floor. Upon finding the furious little skull, he deftly leaned over and scooped him up.

"You should not let people walk all over you like that, Raz'nak!" the minotaur said between bellowing laughs. "You need to learn to stand up for yourself." Laughing, the big gray tower of fur pushed his way out of the inn and towards the arena, shoving the little people around him aside. They all seemed to be mad with anticipation, or bloodlust, or both. Tronfros would never understand human's capacity for the enjoyment of death.

As he neared the Seating Entrance, he jostled past a man in a long cloak, who's features were hidden. The man seemed to be purposely stirring up commotion, Tronfros noted as the perpetrator meaninglessly pushed the person in front of him. Without warning, Tronfros suddenly lurched forward, grunting as if he had tripped, and collided with the hooded figure, nearly falling on top of him and crushing him. As the minotaur did this, he threw his left hand forward and basically shoved the surprised Raz'nak right into the mysterious figure's hood.

"Watch where you're walking, human." Tronfros grunted, getting back up and continuing his trudge toward the Arena. To anyone around it would look like the minotaur was simply in a hurry to get to the fight.

"What the hell was that?" the perturbed skull squawked. "Did you do that on purpose?"

"Yes. I had a bad feeling about that hooded man, and still do." Tronfros said quietly. "Did you see anything?"

TAG: Tiki

Galath Arena - Battlemats

IC: Capricorn

Capricorn turned to see the human walk toward him with a rolled up parchment. "Let's make this more interesting." he called out, waving the paper. "In my hands I hold I map that leads back to my homeland, a bastion of the lost Psionic arts. To scholars and the magocracy it is likely worth several time more than the prize of this tournament. I wager this map, that I can defeat you in a round of combat, if I win, you relinquish your spot in the tournament to me."

Capricorn snorted in shock. No one had ever wagered a battle against him before, and no less a spot in the tournament. The Knight's Cup wasn't too difficult a tournament; a one-on-one duel was an area that Capricorn excelled at, and could easily be won any other year. If I can successfully beat him, not only will I have a new area to explore, he can go home with pride that he fought and learned from me. The minotaur stroked his chin hair, nodding slowly with his eyes closed.

"Alright, my good man! You have a deal! The map to your homeland and my spot in the tournament," the golden minotaur answered. "Let's keep this clean, alright? I don't want to have to really hurt you." he added.

TAG: Captainguy42

Galath Arena - Rec Room

The elf was taken slightly aback by the lack of a farewell from that human. He ignored it, however, as humans haven't always been the kindest of people. When he returned, he entered the battlemets before Olm could say something to him about it. Rude... He then mentioned to Capricorn about a map he held in his hand, saying he was from some kind of psychic community. Olm had never heard of it, but he was certain that they apparently don't teach manners.

TAG: Tirin, SaiFai

Alchemist's Sanctuary

IC: Marc Firewing

"The Bottled Fire is HOW much?" Marc exclaimed to the shopkeep.

"It'll be 80 gold pieces." the shopkeep repeated, showing his irritation at the poor mage before him. "And no, the price is final. You can't pay 60, you can't pay 70, you pay 80."

The blazing-haired man shuffled through his pockets for any extra pieces of change he might have, then turning over his pack onto the floor. Ember stumbled out and squacked in protest to being thrown around so suddenly. Even as a chick, Ember knew what Marc was looking for, and began to help him shuffle through the numerous scrolls, books, bottle, and herbs (eating one or two when Marc wasn't looking). Finally, after enough search, Ember and Marc found only 67 coins.

"Fine! Here! Just take it! Take it and get out!" the shopkeep exclaimed. Marc and Ember quickly packed up and took the bottle, running off quickly to the Rec Room to get prepared for his match.

TAG: Tirin, SaiFai (He'll be entering the Rec Room).

Galath Arena - Seating Entrance

Obviously the minotaur was not well informed. A skeletal like Raz'nak lacked eyes to see using human eyesight, making that rude facial collision useless. "You could have asked me, you know... I can see through his robe..." Raz'nak readjusted himself, and found that, in fact, he could not.

Behind the robe was nothing... At least, not something Raz'nak could see... There was something physical there; Raz'nak felt it when he was pushed against it. It didn't appear alive, but not dead. Inanimate, almost. No, not like a marionette... a puppet would have magical energy that he could see. And if it was invisible, Raz'nak woud have seen that, too. It was a being with absolutely no magical energy... That's not possible! Raz'nak cursed.

It was possible for there to be magical energy, but no physical form; Raz'nak felt that at the Inn from that bald man. It usually means there's some kind of spirit. But what could it mean if the opposite happened.

Then Raz'nak felt something else... a burning on his face. It had felt like he had been scorched with magical fire... It radiated of terribly strong magical residue. It was where he had made contact with the... "man". The power from it was almost suffocating.

"There's something very disturbing about that man... I need my body immediately... I fear we might be in for something big..." the skull whispered. Raz'nak had forgotten what fear felt like.

TAG: Yorgmiester

Galath Arena - Rec Room

He's challenging Capricorn for his spot in the tournament, eh...? I hope he loses. The minotaur is an elitist, sure, but one I'm worried about fighting... Anyone who could defeat him in single combat is to be seen as a threat. Lucien found himself thinking, quite to the contrary of his general thought that he was superior to others. It wasn't that he did not believe the Serpenti race, as a whole, was far superior to any other, but that individuals, he knew, could always prove themselves above and beyond. Many of the greatest warriors were humans, minotaurs, and dozens of other races, not to mention magic-users.

He cleared his throat, which sounded like a strained hiss, and looked between Olm and Tarln, ignoring Dalji entirely, for he suspected any response from the gnome would be an insult or condemnation of sort some. "I'm going to watch them," Referring to Capricorn and Ki'vul, "Fight, and prepare for my own. Have a good day, gentlemen." And so he walked off a slight distance, preparing himself with stretches and the like as well as carefully watching both of the warriors. If he got a feel for their styles, he'd have all the better a chance against them if - when, in his mind - it came to that.

TAG: Tikishades, Saifai, Captainguy42

Galath Arena - Rec Room

"Shame." Dalji said to himself. He didn't care if the Snake insulted his size, he had given him the answer he had asked for. Had the Snake had just insulted him and said nothing else then Dalji may have attacked him. It irked him, but he ignored it. It was a matter of context really. Dalji cound have used the winnings, since he was in a sore need for money. Dalji didn't understand how any of these surface races lived, they all as bad as humans. Their paid no attention to others customs and seemed to lack in the even the most base form of decent cuisine. Meat, meat, meat. Not a single dish of root or a good use of herbs that he had seen.

Dalji's ear twitched as he heard yelling coming from a nearby shop of some sort. Human's were always so loud. They understood nothing of silence. In the tunnels of the Gnomes such a noise would be heard from miles away. Well, he didn't have anything better to do, so he went to investigate the noise. A human walked into the Rec Room with a baby bird. "What was that about human? Dalji said with only a tiny bit of malice.

TAG: Tirin, Captanguy42, Tiki

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked