Prototypes: Super Hero RP (Finished)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 75 NEXT

Prototypes: Super Hero RP

G'day Forum RP go-ers! This is a collaberated project between myself and SamuelT. We'll both be the GM's on it, and play along with you as well.

All credit to the story goes to Samuel, the cheeky monkey!

Opening plot:

The Soviet-Union was experimenting with the 90% of the brain left unused. By jolting only five percent a human would gain exeptional thinking-capacity and strength. The SU thought they had created the ultimate soldier. But after they left the 5% border and started with 20%, the subjects became relentless and unforgiving. The more the brain was activated, the less the human nature of the subject became.

They stopped the project. But five geneticists wouldn't let the project go. They went for the full 100%. The subjects were turned in super-human monsters. They could control elements, physics, electronic and whatnot. These were the results of only 2 subjects. The remaining 5, seven in total, were frozen in cryo-stasis, which stopped them from ageing. After the cold-war the project was deemed classified and not looked upon since. The labs and chambers used were left to decay. But in recent time the monitors showed an increase in Brain waves and heart-beat. No one was there to monitor the situation. Several cracks could be seen on the glass of Subject #4.

After the military shut down the operation through force, the subjects were left in place. After the subjects were somehow released, all personal guarding the facility were killed and the subjects were not found. They are supposedly in hiding, and living out normal lives in secrecy.

Rules:

Subject #4 is the limit. Obviously the entire RP is centered around powers, but we can't have somebody saying "I pwn noobs in one shot with my mind".

You can do as you like, it's an RP after all, but there is a basic plot. Therefore at some points we'll all have to be playing alongside each other. Myself and the other two GM's will guide us along and nudge you in the right direction when we need to though, so don't worry.

Notes:

We're all super-powered here, but we can die. If you want to drop out of the RP at any point, you can simply kill off your character.

There are only 7 slots, as there are only seven characters. Three of these are definitely filled already. After the slots are filled, thats it. In the future, we may make some more slots available so check back often.

Disclaimer:

Although Prototypes is a standalone storyline, it is indeed part of a series, which should hopefully progress. Whereas the characters in this RP are part of a bigger picture, they are not entirely the main characters. If anyone wants to reserve a part for future parts of the series, send either myself or Samuel a PM.

Current Characters:

[Obviously I'm in!! Reserve me a spot, my sheet will be up later!]

Sparrow! You forgot!

(All credit of the story goes to Samuel.)

Also:

Do note that the GM's have outside lives, and cannot be online 24/7. I, and I'm sure the rest will to, will try to guide it as perfectly as we can.

Samuel_of_Saruan:
Sparrow! You forgot!

(All credit to the story goes to Samuel.)

Psssh! You meddling kids!

Ahem. I did forget actually, I'll post a small tagline :)

Zombie_Fish:

He did contact a few people, but I couldn't remember their names. Either way, feel free to post a character sheet!

Damn... this seems right up my alley, yet I have no idea how to do a RP. Willing to coach a newbie?

Either way I'll be watching this...

scotth266:
Damn... this seems right up my alley, yet I have no idea how to do a RP. Willing to coach a newbie?

Don't worry. This is only the second RP I've entered, only the first I've made! It's really easy to pick up.

Name: Sarah Raneese

Subject Number: #3

Appearance: Brown haired caucasian female. Has blue eyes and is fair skinned. Slim build and 5'5.

Past life: Student at UIC, excelled in math and biology as well as sports. Born and raised in Chicago to wealthy parents, Rachel and Johnathon Raneese. Father was an oil tycoon. Parents died soon after entering college in a plane crash, no other living relatives remain. Subject was chosen because of inheritance she received soon after parents died. Also chosen for her physical and mental capabilities.

Power: Ability to produce fire. The fire melts through anything and varies in color. The colors are orange, blue and white. When white fire is activated it slowly burns Sarah, her body is not yet accustomed to that high degree of heat.

Scientist notes:She is able to control the orange and blue fires but when she creates white flames she can no longer contain it and often times ends up hurting herself. She has burned and or melted almost everything in her containment cell. Further testing will be needed to see if she will ever be able to control the white flame.

I hope this is ok :)

ae86gamer:

Perfect. We'll probally start tommorow evening, and I'll pick through the posters then and select which ones are most suited :)

Zombie_Fish:

Awesome. As I said above, we'll decide tommorow!

Sparrow Tag:

ae86gamer:

Perfect. We'll probally start tommorow evening, and I'll pick through the posters then and select which ones are most suited :)

Zombie_Fish:

Awesome. As I said above, we'll decide tommorow!

You didn't miss mine did you? I edited it into my post :D

Doc Theta Sigma:
*snip*

Oh, sorry! I just read through it now.

There all quite good, and if theres many more it might be hard to decide between them. Ho-hum :D

EDIT: I'm constantly editing because ideas keep streaming in. Yay indecisiveness!

Sparrow Tag:

scotth266:

Don't worry. This is only the second RP I've entered, only the first I've made! It's really easy to pick up.

Thanks! Here's my guy:

EDIT: I keep looking for a number that isn't taken already, just tell me if I goofed :D

Sparrow, sounds smashing! Count me in!

Character sheet...

Name: Kyle Xavier Reppaz

Subject Number: #6

Appearance: Caucasian, short brown hair, spiked in front, piercing blue eyes, semi-athletic build, always wears special gloves, jeans, tennis shoes, and a open button down shirt with a white tank top underneath.

Past Life: An aspiring lawyer, his lower class family could not afford to send him to college, so he accepted the offer for the payment.

Power: He can manipulate electricity, but cannot create it, so he wears gloves that are made of material that causes static electricity when rubbed against itself. He can manipulate it to such great levels that he can use it to lift himself off the ground and fly. He can also absorb electricity and utilize it differently.

Notes: A bit cocky, is a pain to work with. He becomes exhausted after manipulating for too long, but the absorbtion of electricity replenishes his strength immediatly. However, if he absorbs too much without releasing any, he loses control of the electricity, and it is released all at once in various directions. Investigate further.

I can't see Sarah and Iceous getting along too well, seeing as she can melt him if she gets out of control :D

But hopefully they will be able to overcome their differences. I like that everyone has different powers... and different personalities as well.

scotth266:
I can't see Sarah and Iceous getting along too well, seeing as she can melt him if she gets out of control :D

But hopefully they will be able to overcome their differences. I like that everyone has different powers... and different personalities as well.

Well, theres only four slots, so they might not be together. Maybe neither of them will be in! You never know though.

I feel a bit like a kid in a sweet shop here. Lots of good characters to choose from... maybe I should extend the character limit? I'll check with the other two GM's tommorow.

Name: Aesis
Number: #2
Appearance: 6'1, approximately 170 lbs., Muscular. White t-shirt, Blue Denim jeans.
Past Life: Body-Builder, and studied in Forensics and was Detective for a few years, then turned mechanic after he outsmarted his boss.

Powers: He is super intelligent and as a result has high reflexes and is very convincing to people with low will. He as the ability to Berserk, making him stronger and faster then before, but always leaves him tired afterwards. He also has the ability to see the paths of moving objects.

Persona: Very willful, but not enthusiastic. Hard to anger, and very controlled and determined.

Notes: Scientists are very fond of him, but each one who has interacted with him show signs of confusion, more disorientation, afterwards.

AllFather:
Appearance: 6'1, approximately 170 lbs., Muscular. White t-shirt, Blue Denim jeans.
Past Life: Body-Builder, and studied in Forensics and was Detective for a few years, then turned mechanic after he outsmarted his boss.

Powers: He is super intelligent and as a result has high reflexes and is very convincing to people with low will. He as the ability to Berserk, making him stronger and faster then before, but always leaves him tired afterwards. He also has the ability to see the paths of moving objects.

Persona: Very willful, but not enthusiastic. Hard to anger, and very controlled and determined.

Notes: Scientists are very fond of him, but each one who has interacted with him show signs of confusion, more disorientation, afterwards.

Someone is late to the show! I put up your Character Sheet, but I had to change your subject number. #2 is mine! ;D

Sparrow Tag:

AllFather:

Someone is late to the show! I put up your Character Sheet, but I had to change your subject number. #2 is mine! ;D

Yeah sorry, some last minute things happened... :P But at least I made it!

Sparrow Tag:

AllFather:

But I'm #7 :P

Doc Theta Sigma:

Pah! Don't worry, we'll swap some stuff around when we see what characters make the cut. Everyone should be happy then ;D

Sparrow Tag:

Doc Theta Sigma:

Pah! Don't worry, we'll swap some stuff around when we see what characters make the cut. Everyone should be happy then ;D

Fair enough then. This is shaping up to be a fantastic RP :D

Ok, do we have enough to get started?

And now there's a "natural hero" as well? Mmmm... this gets more interesting by the second.

scotth266:
And now there's a "natural hero" as well? Mmmm... this gets more interesting by the second.

Well, we can't all be Superman. SOMEONE's gotta be a Batman.
And plus, all these skills will be useful.

AllFather:

It'll probally be putting it off for a bit, but we'll start it tommorow evening (Or if it's already the 28th for you, today!)

Mainly just to let us three mods to sort out some things in the morning, allow some more people to post character sheets and let us sleep on some ideas. Then we'll pile straight into it.

Sparrow Tag:

AllFather:

It'll probally be putting it off for a bit, but we'll start it tommorow evening (Or if it's already the 28th for you, today!)

Mainly just to let us three mods to sort out some things in the morning, allow some more people to post character sheets and let us sleep on some ideas. Then we'll pile straight into it.

That works. All right! Should we also includ where we lived in our "Past Lives" so we know what climate we are used to or leave that out?

*Crosses fingers and starts burning a unicorn horn wrapped in 4 leafed clovers*

I hope I make it!

AllFather:

scotth266:

Well, we can't all be Superman. SOMEONE's gotta be a Batman.
And plus, all these skills will be useful.

My character's hardly a superman either, seeing as he's of average strength and his powers are weak for the moment due to him being slightly crazy :D

But I understand what you mean. A Batman is always a good thing to have.

EDIT: Actually, I don't think many of us trying to join have made themselves out to be Superman, I mean, look at Portal's character, he melts if the temperature gets too high!

AllFather:

Sparrow Tag:

AllFather:

That works. All right! Should we also includ where we lived in our "Past Lives" so we know what climate we are used to or leave that out?

Nah. If we need to, we can always just add it later. I'll also need to speak with both you and Samuel tommorow about possibly extending the ammount of players we can include. Currently, we can only accept 4 more players.

/Crosses index and middle fingers on both hands, crosses ring and pinky fingers, crosses arms, crosses thumbs, crosses legs, crosses toes, crosses eyes.

*Starts singing softly*

They call you lady luck, but there is room for doubt...

Sparrow Tag:

AllFather:

Sparrow Tag:

AllFather:

Nah. If we need to, we can always just add it later. I'll also need to speak with both you and Samuel tommorow about possibly extending the ammount of players we can include. Currently, we can only accept 4 more players.

Thats fine.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 75 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked