The Unknown: A Game of Fear, Ignorance, and Adventure

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 32 NEXT

So how many do we pick of each exactly?You know what, screw it. I'll pick what I think you want and then you can beat me with a stick telling me to pay more attention next time.

Octorok:
If it's a burden, I'll leave, but... this looks friggin' awesome!

and i have to be gone for a while so while he gets stuff sorted out there will be on less person. (family trip)

so i'll set up a character and then leave for several weeks, then come back.

I sent my choices in.

Zemalac:

ThreeWords:
I'm in, but I have a question: exactly how odd is the Painted Elf sense of humour? Are they like the elves of old mythology, light-hearted and unpredictably malicious, often at the same time, or are they more like hyperactive jesters?

Both, actually.

That probably needs some explanation...

You know how I said that they change their customs (taboos, etc) without warning and without reason? There is a widely-held theory among the more exasperated scholars that they do it because they think it's funny. You can't really tell their motives: they might be malicious, or they might be enjoying a joke that you don't get.

Does that help?

It does indeed, and don't worry, I know exactly the kind of character you mean, but I wanted to check if I was right. Now I know, my decision is made and my character in the making

Khedive Rex:
The Painted Elves shot up about 90 degrees on the awesome scale.

My thoughts exactly

ThreeWords:
snip

Zemalac:
and more snip

I'm curious as to how many people are planning as playing as Painted Elves, I know I made one, and I'm assuming you two did as well. Anywayz, I hope we don't end up with 15 Painted Elves and 1 Dwarf...

Dragonrabbit:

I'm curious as to how many people are planning as playing as Painted Elves,

I'm most certainly one =D

Actually, I'm intending to play an Ice Elf. So at the very least we'll have, one Dwarf, one Ice Elf, and 14 Painted Elves.

Not a whole lot better but ...

I'm gonna be an Ice Elf

I am what I am.

MasterSqueak:
I am what I am.

Yeah, that's it!. Live your own lives :D
I went for human. I had a feeling that painted elves would be the choice of many, as it was my first preference..but then I felt a strong calling to be human..

Skarin:

MasterSqueak:
I am what I am.

Yeah, that's it!. Live your own lives :D
I went for human. I had a feeling that painted elves would be the choice of many, as it was my first preference..but then I felt a strong calling to be human..

My guys (dis)advantages don't suite a painted elf, I went with ice. Good that we are getting a bit of diversity.

I'm an orc! That means.... one dwarf, three ice elves, one human, one what I am, one orc and 9 painted elves. It's an improvement.

EDIT : I hate elves. Stupid orc blood...

I'm glad we're getting some Ice Elves, it'll be fun to harass you lot with my Painted Elf compatriots.

Fear the human boom stick!

We're actually getting a fairly even balance, all things considered. At the moment the numbers of humans, painted elves and ice elves is roughly even. Of orcs and dwarves we have one of each, and gnomes are not in attendance (which is about what I expected to happen).

Octorok:
I hate elves. Stupid orc blood...

There's a reason for that. If you look closely at the world information, you can tell what it is. The "orcs hating elves" thing goes back a long way.

Now that I've responded to everyone, time for an announcement.

Announcement: Characters and Factions:

I've got advantages and disadvantages from thirteen people thus far, with backstories and descriptions for seven of those. If you haven't sent in your advantages and disadvantages yet, please send them in soon. Same goes for character descriptions. I'd like to start setting up the complex web of factions and feuds that will make the Expedition fun and interesting, but I can't do a lot of that until I have everyone's characters.

When I send you your faction information, I may also send you a very short piece of recent backstory, to describe why you're on the Expedition and possibly set up conflicts with other players. But I can't start doing that until I have all (or at least most) of the characters.

To those of you who got them in already (you know who you are), thanks for the speed with which you responded.

Hurry people, anticipation is eating me!

MasterSqueak:
Hurry people, anticipation is eating me!

Agreed, I demand that you lot who haven't sent in your stuff send it in. Do it!

I'll try to send stuff tonight.

If this game was closed to more people entering then why did you let me in?

If I do end up being able to play I'd be a normal, boring human. I don't much care for elves, the ears are just easier to draw.

Robespierre:
If this game was closed to more people entering then why did you let me in?

If I do end up being able to play I'd be a normal, boring human. I don't much care for elves, the ears are just easier to draw.

I let you in because you'd mentioned that you wanted to play last week, which was well before the deadline.

Zemalac:
*snip*

Actually, my good sir, I've determined that I shall be a gnome.

Bow before my short power.

Flying-Emu:

Zemalac:
*snip*

I was considering being a Gnome, but there just wasn't enough info on the gnomes to make a character out of. For me anyway. I like having an interesting character.

Disregard.

Flying-Emu:
snip

You might not want to tell people all the details about your character quite yet...

Flying-Emu:

Octorok:

Flying-Emu:

Zemalac:
*snip*

I was considering being a Gnome, but there just wasn't enough info on the gnomes to make a character out of. For me anyway. I like having an interesting character.

THERE WAS NEVER ANYTHING HERE. STOP TRYING TO DELUDE YOURSELF INTO BELIEVING THERE WAS. WOULD YOU LIKE SOME.... HAM?

Fun fun fun!

I get where you are coming from, and I agree to a point. A really detailed race leaves you little room to breathe, but I like a basis, and there just wasn't any information on the Gnomes, other than they are mysterious, they run the Church, and they are eccentric dressers. To me, that looks like a hard place to start a character from.

Zemalac:

Flying-Emu:
snip

You might not want to tell people all the details about your character quite yet...

Er.

Good idea.

Octorok:
[quote="Flying-Emu" post="362.117578.2275589"]*Snip*

Hey, hey you. Remove all the info about my character I put up from your posts. KTHXBAI.

I really should think every once in awhile.

Flying-Emu:

Zemalac:

Flying-Emu:
snip

Er.

Good idea.

Octorok:

Hey, hey you. Remove all the info about my character I put up from your posts. KTHXBAI.

Using your brain is good :D

I will reveal nothing about my character!!

Flying-Emu:

Zemalac:

Flying-Emu:
snip

Er.

Good idea.

Octorok:

Done. Yeah, in retrospect, telling us about your chap prematurely may have been unwise. I will reveal nothing about my $*&^%!"$%$(*^%^$ orc.

And don't start talking to me with "hey, you.". That is what I say to shop assistants when I'm feeling snooty and proud of my nice rich, inheritance-giving ancestors. It makes me feel tiny when someone else addresses me with "Hey, you." You could make it worse... "Hey, you there boy." That would be plain humiliating.

Octorok:
*snip*

But did I just say that to throw you off? To trick you?

Find out, next at eleven!

Shapsters:
My guys (dis)advantages don't suite a painted elf, I went with ice. Good that we are getting a bit of diversity.

Shapsters:

Hmm... nothing you say?

Octorok:
I get where you are coming from, and I agree to a point. A really detailed race leaves you little room to breathe, but I like a basis, and there just wasn't any information on the Gnomes, other than they are mysterious, they run the Church, and they are eccentric dressers. To me, that looks like a hard place to start a character from.

Those eccentric clothes are priestly vestements, I'll have you know (I assume you're refering to the picture I included).

I actually do have a lot of information on the Illarym Church. The reason it isn't posted is because, as you said, they're mysterious fellows. You don't know all the information on the gnomes unless you're a gnome. And even then you might not know everything.

Shapsters:

This man has a sound grasp of strategy.

Zemalac:

Octorok:

Those eccentric clothes are priestly vestements, I'll have you know (I assume you're refering to the picture I included).

I actually do have a lot of information on the Illarym Church. The reason it isn't posted is because, as you said, they're mysterious fellows. You don't know all the information on the gnomes unless you're a gnome. And even then you might not know everything.

Shapsters:

This man has a sound grasp of strategy.

And yet a freakishly adamant grin. Watch it. It never stops smiling!

Dammit. It's too late to get in, isn't it. Mutter. Grumble.
Why did I only find this now!?

Dragonrabbit:

Shapsters:

Shapsters:

Hmm... nothing you say?

You never know, maybe I was just throwing you off.

Caimekaze:
Dammit. It's too late to get in, isn't it. Mutter. Grumble.
Why did I only find this now!?

Well, if you get advantages and disadvantages to me really, really fast, I could probably fit you in. The deadline was more to give me a breather because I couldn't keep up with the pace of people joining than anything else, and also because the first part of the game is on board the ship and it's rather difficult to insert new players into that kind of enclosed environment. But if you're a quick writer you could still get in at the beginning if you want to.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 32 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked