The Unknown: A Game of Fear, Ignorance, and Adventure

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 32 NEXT

Zemalac:

Caimekaze:
Dammit. It's too late to get in, isn't it. Mutter. Grumble.
Why did I only find this now!?

Well, if you get advantages and disadvantages to me really, really fast, I could probably fit you in. The deadline was more to give me a breather because I couldn't keep up with the pace of people joining than anything else, and also because the first part of the game is on board the ship and it's rather difficult to insert new players into that kind of enclosed environment. But if you're a quick writer you could still get in at the beginning if you want to.

You are a very kind GM. I've met some real assholes before, who will just kick people on technicalities. Although, you should be careful not to fall in to a trap that I did - I was too nice in one of my RPs, and let a bunch of late-entrants register, because they really wanted in. They begged. It destroyed the story. Weeps.

Octorok:

Zemalac:

Caimekaze:
Dammit. It's too late to get in, isn't it. Mutter. Grumble.
Why did I only find this now!?

Well, if you get advantages and disadvantages to me really, really fast, I could probably fit you in. The deadline was more to give me a breather because I couldn't keep up with the pace of people joining than anything else, and also because the first part of the game is on board the ship and it's rather difficult to insert new players into that kind of enclosed environment. But if you're a quick writer you could still get in at the beginning if you want to.

You are a very kind GM. I've met some real assholes before, who will just kick people on technicalities. Although, you should be careful not to fall in to a trap that I did - I was too nice in one of my RPs, and let a bunch of late-entrants register, because they really wanted in. They begged. It destroyed the story. Weeps.

I'm only letting her in late, not anyone else, and only because she didn't ask to be let in. She only expressed dissapointment that she was too late. If she had begged to be let in I would have said no, sorry, maybe later. And also because it really doesn't disrupt the story at this point (if we were already on the ship it would be different).

Besides, I miscounted the number of players a while ago, so I need one more so I can go back to bragging that I have nineteen players. With Deslock that gives us an Expedition with a nice round number of twenty.

Thank you, by the way. This should be fun.

Also, how literate is this meant to be? I'm used to writing at least two-three paragraphs a post, if that's alright? I can do more or less, if you want.

Caimekaze:

Also, how literate is this meant to be? I'm used to writing at least two-three paragraphs a post, if that's alright? I can do more or less, if you want.

I'm planning on talking about that sort of thing in the "Rules and Guidelines" post (first page, fourth from the top). At the moment there's only a placeholder there. Tomorrow there will be actual words, and a well-designed header to draw attention to it.

In other words: patience. I've got everything covered.

Zemalac:

Caimekaze:

I'm planning on talking about that sort of thing in the "Rules and Guidelines" post (first page, fourth from the top). At the moment there's only a placeholder there. Tomorrow there will be actual words, and a well-designed header to draw attention to it.

In other words: patience. I've got everything covered.

Okies dokes! I look forward to it~

Shapsters:

Dragonrabbit:

Shapsters:
My guys (dis)advantages don't suite a painted elf, I went with ice. Good that we are getting a bit of diversity.

Shapsters:
I will reveal nothing about my character!!

Hmm... nothing you say?

You never know, maybe I was just throwing you off.

*Gasp!* You truly are a master of deception... maybe.

Dragonrabbit:

Shapsters:

Dragonrabbit:

Shapsters:
My guys (dis)advantages don't suite a painted elf, I went with ice. Good that we are getting a bit of diversity.

Shapsters:
I will reveal nothing about my character!!

Hmm... nothing you say?

You never know, maybe I was just throwing you off.

*Gasp!* You truly are a master of deception... maybe.

Or was he...being deceptive about being deceptive?. *le gasp*!!. Those gnomes are tricksy!

Skarin:
snip

Well at least we're getting into the spirit of things.

I am itching like a school boy with crabs to start!

I sent mine in and...

Skarin:

..ROFL!

Skarin:

That's certainly attractive....>_>;

The Rules and Guidelines post is now up, fourth from the top on the first page.

I've begun sending out factions to those players who have their sheets and bios in. It might take me a while--I'm kind of busy tomorrow ("kind of" in this case means "extremely")--so don't get worried if I don't send you one right away.

I still need sheets and bios from two people, and just bios from six. Make sure I've recieved your sheet--the Escapist messaging system occasionally eats messages. If I haven't responded to your character sheet than that means I haven't recieved it.

I have a question: how does magic work? (If at all?)

Zemalac:
The Rules and Guidelines post is now up, fourth from the top on the first page.

I've begun sending out factions to those players who have their sheets and bios in. It might take me a while--I'm kind of busy tomorrow ("kind of" in this case means "extremely")--so don't get worried if I don't send you one right away.

I still need sheets and bios from two people, and just bios from six. Make sure I've recieved your sheet--the Escapist messaging system occasionally eats messages. If I haven't responded to your character sheet than that means I haven't recieved it.

I've just sent you mine and according to my sent messages folder, it is sent.

Let us begin this fishy awesomesauce of an RP!

ThreeWords:
I have a question: how does magic work? (If at all?)

Unless you're a mage, you don't know.

MasterSqueak:
Let us begin this fishy awesomesauce of an RP!

I'm working on that. I've got about a fifth of the factions done now, though I'm still waiting on some people to send me stuff.

Subtle bump form page 3. Also, it's to remind people to send in stuff if they haven't.

Skarin:
Subtle bump form page 3. Also, it's to remind people to send in stuff if they haven't.

I think, and this is entirely because I'm impatient and want for to be playing now, that if people haven't sent their stuff in by now, we should just forget them and move on.

Dragonrabbit:

Skarin:

I think, and this is entirely because I'm impatient and want for to be playing now, that if people haven't sent their stuff in by now, we should just forget them and move on.

I've sent in my stuff now, I'm just waiting for what faction I'm in, so you can't blame me for this.

Dragonrabbit:

Skarin:

Seconded

People who can't keep deadlines will only spoil the game.

We could always slip people in if they become play-ready (perhaps if the boat upon which we sail is touring various ports in search of recruits)

Let's not get too hasty now, everything depends on the GM. It's his call when to start. Besides with the many timezones and many RPs ppl are in I think its fair if we give the weekend to sort stuff out. Hopefully it won't be too long.

I'm planning on spending today sending out factions and tomorrow starting the game.

ThreeWords:
We could always slip people in if they become play-ready (perhaps if the boat upon which we sail is touring various ports in search of recruits)

That's sort of what my plan is--most of the Expedition assembles in Buron first, then sails to Tyb to get the final supplies for the journey, then sets off for the Unknown Continent. If I don't have the remaining character bios by tomorrow, I'm planning on picking up people as well as supplies in Tyb.

Hang in there, gents. Factions will be coming soon, as well as malicious rumors and desperate missions.

Zemalac:
I'm planning on spending today sending out factions and tomorrow starting the game.

Hang in there, gents. Factions will be coming soon, as well as malicious rumors and desperate missions.

I am actually shaking in anxiety by this point, this is possibly one of the best and most thought out forum RPs I've signed up for in the, *cough* two-three months I've been here.

Zombie_Fish:

Zemalac:

I am actually shaking in anxiety by this point, this is possibly one of the best and most thought out forum RPs I've signed up for in the, *cough* two-three months I've been here.

I agree, definitely the best planned out RP I have been in, out of the... maybe 30 I have join. (Keep in mind about 50% were complete failures) but he point stills stands.

Can I get my fellow orcs to shout out? Lets all agree to put elf on the menu!

Zombie_Fish:
I've sent in my stuff now, I'm just waiting for what faction I'm in, so you can't blame me for this.

Hrmm trying to order me around huh? I'll show you... everything is Zombie_Fish's fault. He's the one to blame, it's his fault we haven't started yet. Also, he told me he hates freedom and thinks everyone is an idiot except for him. On that note, I wasn't blaming anyone, just making an idle suggestion.

I felt guilty posting it so just disregard.

[/guilt]

Right, moving on...

MeatSpace:
Can I get my fellow orcs to shout out? Lets all agree to put elf on the menu!

Yo my orc homey! Wassup?

Zombie_Fish:
LOUD TEXT

Oi, pipe down over there.

I'm working on the factions (still), I'm still alive, and you spelled "murdered" wrong.

I guess I have to apologize for how long this is taking. I had pretty much everything but the faction info written up ahead of time--I didn't have the faction stuff because I didn't know what character's I'd be getting, and the details you recieve depend on the character. So I'm having to write quite a lot very fast at the moment.

Fortunately, I'm over halfway done now, so we're looking good to start tomorrow. The hard part (namely, deciding what factions everyone would be in) is done, and all that I have to do now is write everything. Which equals writing about the length of a small novel.

I should be done by tomorrow.

Zombie_Fish:
snippity snip snip

Well played good sir, well played. Apologies all for the murder/murder threats, I suppose in my impatience I lost control of myself. Also, if I manage to kill everyone who posts in this thread, does that mean I win?

Zemalac:

Zombie_Fish:
LOUD TEXT

Oi, pipe down over there.

I'm working on the factions (still), I'm still alive, and you spelled "murdered" wrong.

I guess I have to apologize for how long this is taking. I had pretty much everything but the faction info written up ahead of time--I didn't have the faction stuff because I didn't know what character's I'd be getting, and the details you recieve depend on the character. So I'm having to write quite a lot very fast at the moment.

Fortunately, I'm over halfway done now, so we're looking good to start tomorrow. The hard part (namely, deciding what factions everyone would be in) is done, and all that I have to do now is write everything. Which equals writing about the length of a small novel.

I should be done by tomorrow.

Take as long as you want! How ever long you take it will be worth it!

Perhaps we should stop cluttering this thread with inane OOC comments.

Flying-Emu:
Perhaps we should stop cluttering this thread with inane OOC comments.

Nevar.

Dragonrabbit:

Zombie_Fish:
snippity snip snip

Well played good sir, well played. Apologies all for the murder/murder threats, I suppose in my impatience I lost control of myself. Also, if I manage to kill everyone who posts in this thread, does that mean I win?

I'm sorry too, I just got carried away there. Don't worry though, it will start soon.

Oh, and Zem, take as long as you like. This is, as I have said before, definatly the most thought out RP I've been in, and you don't want to ruin it by speeding things up in the last minute and cutting corners.

OOC:Can I join?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 32 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked