Deathless Ideal- Chapter 1: Displacement (USSR RP)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

It's funny, how the littlest action can change the course of history, even stranger when that turn of history affects yourself. One such thing was the leadership row of the USSR in 1923, Vladimir Lenin was crippled by his third stroke, unable to move, or speak; his last document was a will, which contained a very specific request, Josef Stalin must be removed from his Secretary-General position in the communist party due to the huge volumes of power in his hands, he posed a huge risk to the newly established system.

But the will was intercepted by Stalin before it could be seen by any other party members, but what if someone else had seen the letter first? What if another prominent soviet politician saw the will before anyone else? Leon Trotsky saw it, and Stalin was instantaneously ejected from the world of politics. Without this man to become a dictator, and dramatically mutate the system the USSR did not have any economic or political sanctions imposed upon it, during, and after, World War Two.

Due to its brilliant worldwide reputation, the USSR became close allies with many nations to the point of integrating many of them, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Sweden, India, France, Italy, Denmark, Norway and China were just some nations that merged into this superpower, the military might of this alliance managed to crush, and annex, the UK and Ireland, Australia, nearly all of the middle east, even Alaska and half of Canada! With no allies, no way to import resources, and a crippled economy, the United States of America collapsed upon itself on December 29th 1989.

Fast-Forward 20 years and the USSR owns around 75% of the all land on earth, with most other nations being Communist allies, or simply anarchies. The USSR is in a large-scale war with many Neo-Fascist, Neo-Nazi-ist, and Islamic extremist factions, which are all vying for toppling of the state, and establishing a new state to suit their own desires. Our main characters are caught up in this, during a civilian displacement transport train (it was also carrying prisoners) from Leningrad (St. Petersburg) to Svobodny, Amur Oblast; a region in Southern Siberia.

Your train is intercepted and boarded by members of the ICA (Individualistic Capitalist Alliance), an organization headed by the mysterious man, known only as Fat Dog, and you are caught up whether your character wishes to or not, work for this organization, in destabilizing the Soviet Union. The RP will revolve around the player's faithfulness, or unfaithfulness to the USSR, and send the characters on an investigation into the makings, ideals, and foundations of Communism; I hope to make the plot compelling, intriguing, and as dynamic as possible, while making the game fun to play, but serious in message! Please, comment your thoughts on what you think of this RP, and any changes I could make!

Without any more fuss, here are the Characters!!

OOC: Please, DO NOT post any OOC chat hereon in this RP, please go to the newly created User Group for all OOC chat!!

Current Chapter
Chapter 1: Displacement

I've accepted 8 people for this one, I am deeply sorry to all who have not been admitted!

Thank you, and I hope to see you join!!

Hmmm interesting very interesting

ToTaL LoLiGe:
Hmmm interesting very interesting

Care to elaborate?

This sounds fantastic. The plot isn't very clear though. Is it set in the former USA? Is the player fighting the Communists? Has the USSR taken over the former USA?

You have certainly attracted my interest with this one. A very political RP indeed, it'll no doubt prove very popular.

I might even have a go myself, if I'm not too tied down with other RPs and such.

ElephantGuts:
This sounds fantastic. The plot isn't very clear though. Is it set in the former USA? Is the player fighting the Communists? Has the USSR taken over the former USA?

I'll have it start in Russia itself, but it will be an international RP, I imagine London flying the Soviet flag in this one! And as I said before, I need to flesh the story out!

Hmm, I'm quite interested in this one, question though, will we be spies or something along those lines :?
Well I'll most likely be in if I'm not to invested in other RP's at the start time.

Time Travelling Toaster:
Hmm, I'm quite interested in this one, question though, will we be spies or something along those lines :?
Well I'll most likely be in if I'm not to invested in other RP's at the start time.

We'd be spies, in a way, but we'd also be infiltration troops, and be branded terrorist insurgents.

CosmicCommander:

ElephantGuts:

I'll have it start in Russia itself, but it will be an international RP, I imagine London flying the Soviet flag in this one! And as I said before, I need to flesh the story out!

Ah, very interesting. Keep the ideas coming.

ElephantGuts:

Ah, very interesting. Keep the ideas coming.

I do have a few ideas, one being the USSR has taken all of the states of the US, except Illinois, which has simply descended into anarchy

This sounds like a really good concept :D

Can I pre-emptively reserve a spot?

LockHeart:

As long as your characteer sheet is up to scratch, Sure!

CosmicCommander:

LockHeart:

As long as your characteer sheet is up to scratch, Sure!

Awesome, I'll have one as soon as the template is up!

Skarin:
This looks good. I am quite interested in this concept, I might even give it a go.

Well, Cheers!

Okay everyone, I have the OP sorted out, the story planned, and the game ready, so now all we need now, are players!

You know I'm in.

I'll have my sheet up in a couple of hours. Post reserved

Aha! Thanks for the notice Cosmic!

Sorry if it's a bit long, I got quite involved :P

LockHeart:

why that is long isnt it very long now i wish i made mine longer

LockHeart:

That's brilliant! I like the long ones!

CosmicCommander:

LockHeart:

That's brilliant! I like the long ones!

In that case, glad to be of service! I'm getting pretty worked up about this RP now!

curlycrouton:

This is just getting better and better!

Heh. Very political. I like that. Well, I guess I'll join this one, if there are spots, as it has my interest thoroughly fixed.

I hope that's not too long and that you still have vacant spots.

EDIT: Edited the sheet a little to make it more like a file, changed some things around.

Combined:
Heh. Very political. I like that. Well, I guess I'll join this one, if there are spots, as it has my interest thoroughly fixed.

I hope that's not too long and that you still have vacant spots.

As previously stated, I love the long sheets, and the page has 'Recruiting!' in the title for a reason!! :)

CosmicCommander:

As previously sated, I love the long sheets, and the page has 'Recruiting!' in the title for a reason!! :)

Jolly good, then. This seems really like an interesting RP. I also hope that I won't be the only Ex-soviet here as I believe that two people who have been in the system would really make the experience even better.

Combined:

CosmicCommander:

As previously sated, I love the long sheets, and the page has 'Recruiting!' in the title for a reason!! :)

Jolly good, then. This seems really like an interesting RP. I also hope that I won't be the only Ex-soviet here as I believe that two people who have been in the system would really make the experience even better.

Oh, It definately will; practical experience always makes things much more interesting and deep.

Bloody hell, not only is Combined back but I'm going to be in an RP with him? I think I've died and gone to heaven.

An oppressive communist heaven, but heaven nonetheless.

EDIT: Hell, a lot of these character sheets are making me wish I had done more with mine. I just made it up as I wrote and really didn't put as much thought into it as I could have. Oh well.

Also might I note that I see my character as supporting the Soviet system on a very superficial level, as in mostly just buying into propaganda. He very well might be persuaded otherwise by some of you folk. So, as a disclaimer, any arguments my character may make in support of the USSR do not reflect my actual beliefs. Don't want to get on anyone's bad side here.

This looks so cool, I want in please

ElephantGuts:
Bloody hell, not only is Combined back but I'm going to be in an RP with him? I think I've died and gone to heaven.

Добро пожаловать к черту! Здравствуйте! Давно не видились! (Welcome to Hell! Hello! Long time no see!)

Sorry, my Russian is very limited. Still, nice to see you, ElephantGuts.

Hope you don't mind, I'm making a character sheet atm and hope to join. ;] I'll be the one to add a single female to your rough 'n' tough group.

Aqualung:
Hope you don't mind, I'm making a character sheet atm and hope to join. ;] I'll be the one to add a single female to your rough 'n' tough group.

Actually, we could probably do with a little diversity :z

Combined:

ElephantGuts:

Добро пожаловать к черту! Здравствуйте! Давно не видились! (Welcome to Hell! Hello! Long time no see!)

Sorry, my Russian is very limited. Still, nice to see you, ElephantGuts.

Good to see you too. And your Russian is certainly much better than mine which amounts to a few words, none of which I could spell in Russian.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here