Government Heroes: A Marvel-Style RP [Finished]

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Government Heroes: A Marvel-Style RP

Morning folks, it's your resident RP hearthrob back from his short hiatus. I know you missed me, you don't have to deny it. My co-GM, as always, is Samuel. Lets have three cheers, folks.

Opening plot:

In a present day world just like ours, everything is the same. Stocks still rise and fall, people still complain about the weather and the general population of the world still aren't very nice people. There's one rather large difference though; Alot of people fly around in strange uniforms and beat the crap out of each other. Yes, that's right, the world is full of superheroes and supervillians.

However, in this world of heroes and villians not all is as seems. Although the heroes may currently be experiencing a world of prosperity and fame, the villians of the world are hatching what seems to be a secretive and unknown plan. They also seem to be led by a mysterious villian, someone the heroes themselves can't seem to place. Only time will tell how the heroes will cope with their upcomming trials, and seperate the heroes from the vigilantes.

Notes:

This world of heroes and villians, as you may have guessed, is slightly based off that of the world of the Marvel comics. However, there is no exact link between the two, so don't expect Spider-Man or the Hulk to show up any time soon.

We'll need characters that are seperated between heroes and villians. However, you don't have to be a bad guy to be villian, nor do you have to be a good guy to be a hero.

You don't have to have powers. Infact, both Samuel and myself will welcome any kind of Punisher/Batman types of heroes/villians.

The heroes can be stationed where ever they like at first. Don't feel overwhelmed if you're alone though, it'll just be for the start.

Rules:

Try not to exactly copy any superheroes or supervillians in any kind of media. Try to be original. However, don't be too original. Don't think just because the Human Torch can set himself on fire that you can't either.

Don't be too overpowered. Unlike with our last RP, Samuel and I aren't going to set a bar to the strength of your character's powers. Don't start making any Superman types or Hulk resistant heroes and villians tearing up the city.

The villians will be lead by Samuel's character, simply because he will be your head honcho so we can play out some awesome scenes. He'll do the opening post to bring all the villians together.

Current Characters:

I shouldn't have clicked on this thread...now I must join...

Stuff it, reserve please Sparrow :) sheet shall be up soon(ish)

My alias is a bit cliche o_O but my mind is currently trying to separate from my body...tell me if anythings up though :)

Time Travelling Toaster:
I shouldn't have clicked on this thread...now I must join...

Stuff it, reserve please Sparrow :) sheet shall be up soon(ish)

Consider yourself reserved ;D

I'll reserve, working on a sheet.

Edit: Sorry, I'm not very original so I went with an elemental type.

OP, you might also be interested in this.

Always wanted to be a super hero. I'm in.

Superhero Alias: Zero

Powers: Essentialy, He can control the amount of toxins/biohazards in an area in any given time. He can increase airborne levels of toxins, make direct attacks, create/multiply deadly viruses ect. However, He's not immune to my power(thus the gas mask)

Superhero Costume: Black hoodie,Jeans, Gas mask(sorry no spandex)

Regular Appearance: Regular teenage streetwear?

Superhero Background: Zero discovered his power accidentaly one day in his chemistry class. He found he was able to increase the amount of carbon monoxide in his expieriment just by thinking about it. However, it got out of control and soon the room was thick with it, and many of his class mates got deathly ill. Eventualy Zero was discovered to be the one who caused the incident, and when people learned about his "talent" he was quickly driven out of his home town, and he eventualy ended up in New York.

Most Impressive Victories: None(he is fresh into hero business)

Please reserve for me please, I will post my sheet by tomarrow.

Super villain Alias: Blood lust

Powers: To morph his body to his will

Super villain costume: Black And red spandex with BL on it(cliche i know)

Regular Appearance: an all white suit and black tie

Super villain background: He was high class his father a respected scientists. One day when he was 5 he had a small paper cut his father payed no mind to it while doing an experiment he got mutated in a a monster. Twelve years later after his father "mysterious" death
he took over his father's company and undercover one of the greatest killer in the underground

Most impressive victory: Controlled an army of 500 at the same time

WafflesandBacon593:

Wait, what? How do you create a shield, gun and sword with blood? Even if you can form it, it's still as blunt/soft as hell, and to have a gun-mechanism in a blood gun is just ridiculous.

I suggest you try something different.

Can I get a spot reservation por favor? Busy atm but I'll get a sheet up soon.

Tell me if you have any problems!

If there is anything that needs editing, let me know.

Skarin:

Might be being picky here, but HE's called Jayne?

Reserve please? I'll post soon.

wooty:

Skarin:

Yes..he's called Jayne. He got bullied a lot in school for that, besides, the name came from Jayne Cobb.

Lotsa' villians? Awesome.

Just a quick reminder: You don't have to be bad to be a villian, or good to be a hero. You just have to work with them. Also, we don't have a current limit on how many players we should have, so you don't need to reserve sheets. Just post when you're ready. I'll tell you when we're drawing to a close to accept CS's.

This okay? also, I have to say it:Is "The Raven" also known as "Nevermore?"

thegamermn:

Why would that be?

Samuel_of_Saruan:

WafflesandBacon593:

Wait, what? How do you create a shield, gun and sword with blood? Even if you can form it, it's still as blunt/soft as hell, and to have a gun-mechanism in a blood gun is just ridiculous.

I suggest you try something different.

Thanks. It's better now. =)

Samuel_of_Saruan:

thegamermn:

Why would that be?

Sorry, was trying to be witty. was making reference to the poem "The Raven"

Umm Ill can you reserve me a space? Im not entirely sure whats going on but after I get my coursework done later tonight. Ill submit it.

Well, here's my attempt. Please tell me if I need to edit anything.

Edit: Huh. I didn't realize I'd gone so far into the background.

Please let me know if there is anything that needs to be changed.

I'm in :P

Skarin:

wooty:

Skarin:

Yes..he's called Jayne. He got bullied a lot in school for that, besides, the name came from Jayne Cobb.

Sorry about that, just unusual to hear a male called Jayne

at least now hes a superhero he can revenge on the bullies

My first time is this OK????

EDIT: I changed the name to avoid mix ups.

Aloran:

Sorry I just came up with a guy under exactly the same name!

xXGINGERGNOMEXx:

Aloran:

I was there first! :)

Aloran:

xXGINGERGNOMEXx:

Aloran:

I was there first! :)

Its Ok i changed

I am interested. Two questions, how serious is this RP and can I be an Anti-Hero? Not exactly saving kittens from trees but I am also not blowing up orphanages either.

Can I be factionless?

Ok thats three.

Shapsters:
I am interested. Two questions, how serious is this RP and can I be an Anti-Hero? Not exactly saving kittens from trees but I am also not blowing up orphanages either.

Can I be factionless?

Ok thats three.

That's basically what I'm going for.

Will change anything if needed.
Edit!: i thought the costume was a little too casual, so i changed it.

...Nuke...are you stalking me?

Super Villain name: Iron Maiden

Power/Super Villain costume: A red and black prototype suit of power armor that enhances her strength tenfold, but reduces her foot speed. It has a jump jet and a chain gun attached to the suit, but the gun only holds around three thousand rounds of ammo and burns through it rather fast. Each shoulder pad houses a small micro missile launcher which holds five missiles apiece. (Basically think of her armor as a slightly more badass version of the Blood Raven Space Marine armor)

Regular appearance: She wears a woman's business suit and has glasses and wears her hair in a bun.

Background: Tamara worked as a lab assistant for a small defense contractor of the U.S government. She was assigned to work of the prototype battle armor her company was creating. After causing a lab explosion, she purchased a large majority of the companies stock which had fallen due to the explosion. Becoming the new majority shareholder, she began to change the mandate and objectives of the company to focus more on becoming arms, manufacturing company and not a research company. Her plan worked and a year later, her company had quadrupled its profits. However she wanted to control as much of the industry as possible and began to use the prototype battle armor to stage attacks on rival companies and either destroyed them outright, steal secrets or damaged them so much that they were bought our by her company. Tamara also attacked several U.S military bases to convince the U.S government they need to buy her companies weapons to stay ahead in the field of battle. She also began to steal money and other precious objects to add to her own personal wealth and occasionally will use some of that money to help boost her company.

Most impressive victory: Heavily damaged the U.S base at Cheyenne Mountain, NORAD was not destroyed, but most of its infrastructure was lost.

This all sounds realy good guys

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked