Fallout 4 Free Update Featured

Fallout 4 is Getting a Free Update and Next-Gen Release Following TV Series Debut

Right on time

As a promotion for the Amazon Prime Video show based on the franchise, Fallout 4 is getting a new update nine years after its release. The game will also be available for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S, and owners will also get some new toys to play with.

Recommended Videos

The free update for Fallout 4 is coming on April 25, 2024, the same day that new generation consoles will receive their versions. The announcement was made by Bethesda on their official site earlier today.

Older consoles will also get access to stability features, such as a Performance and Quality mod. There are also tons of bug fixes, mod incompatibility problems and other minor issues gone. And if you ever wanted to play it on the go, good news – Fallout 4 is getting Steam Deck verified, baby!

But that’s far from all, as new content is being introduced in the form of Enclave Remnants. Originally a Creation Club creation, The Enclave is now fully incorporated into the main game, and related items, such as new weapons and armor skins themed after it, are also included in the mix.

And a Fallout 4 update wouldn’t be complete without some silly weapons to choose from. I have my eyes set on that piggy bank gun and I won’t leave the room until I get one. But a leaf-blower weapon would also do, to be quite honest. We also got Halloween decorations, for some reason! A bit earlier than usual, but I don’t mind more free stuff added.

Related: Prime Video’s Fallout Completely Re-Writes One Key Part of the Franchise

The update hits Fallout 4 on April 25. On the same day, the game will also be available on Epic Games Store for the first time ever. It’s also currently on sale on Steam, so now is the chance to grab it if you haven’t already.

If you’re riding the hype train, it might be good to know that Fallout 76 is included for free on Prime Gaming. If you ever wanted to try it, there’s no better time than now.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes’ Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug to Be Fixed in Upcoming Patch
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Read Article PSA: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Has a Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug
Screenshot of Lam in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Related Content
Read Article Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes’ Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug to Be Fixed in Upcoming Patch
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Read Article PSA: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Has a Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug
Screenshot of Lam in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Author
Patrick Souza
Patrick is a Staff Writer for The Escapist and has also contributed to Prima Games. Interested in writing about games ever since he left college, he intends to keep this passion burning as long as he can. Diligently ignores his ever-growing backlog to keep raiding in Final Fantasy XIV, exploring in Genshin Impact or replaying some of his favorite RPGs from time to time. Loves tackling hard challenges in games, but his cats are still the hardest bosses he could ask for.