The Society of Justice: A Super Hero Roleplay

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 138 NEXT

Attention to all potential super heroes:

The Society of Justice (the world's most recognized hero society) is holding an open trial for all non-member heroes that would like to be a part of this prestigious and respected group. Please send your applications to The Promenade (1010 E. Robin Street, Nova City) where our respected group of heroes will review all the applicants.* Applicants must be able to hold their own in a fight (will be tested) and have a high, unshakeable moral stance against evil (applicants also must be within the ages of 16-27). Enclosed is the application needed. We look forward to all the applications and we wish you a crime-free day.
-The Society of Justice

*Please note that any copyright infringements or false personas will be reported and dealt with by the proper authorities.

Quad08:

Souldemon8:

Alright, you guys have made it in.

Thanks for letting me in, this looks like it'll be a great time

So, letting everyone know that we'll wait for some more people to join and perhaps start Sunday or Monday (maybe even Tuesday, who knows? Depends on the schedule).

Originally there was going to be an opening comic to kick it off, but due to my tablet not working for a bit and delays there won't be one. :(
Good news is that the tablet is working again so I can start making more spreads and character designs~!

How many more people are we looking for?

Souldemon8:
How many more people are we looking for?

Ah, maybe between 9-11 is what we're thinking. We so far have six characters and one reserve.

avouleance2nd:

You are accepted, can't wait to see what happens with you, should be very interesting.

A letter to the S.O.J
Thanks for accepting me into your ranks. I am just curious do you have any good surgeons or healers in your ranks. The bullet is still lodged in my brain and well the surgeons aren't optimistic about it.
Just a request.
If there is anything here is my P.A's phone number. 01312 453675 give here a call if there is anything.
Thanks in advance
Zeitgeist

avouleance2nd:
A letter to the S.O.J
Thanks for accepting me into your ranks. I am just curious do you have any good surgeons or healers in your ranks. The bullet is still lodged in my brain and well the surgeons aren't optimistic about it.
Just a request.
If there is anything here is my P.A's phone number. 01312 453675 give here a call if there is anything.
Thanks in advance
Zeitgeist

Dear Zeitgeist,

Thank you for your inquiry and congratulations on being accepted. We debrief you on anything you want to know when your first meeting begins.

Thank you and have a good day,
The Society of Justice

Sentinel10:

Welcome to the team, should be...different to say the least.

It's been a while since I've written an RP character sheet (mainly because I haven't been interested in many RPs lately), so I may be a bit rusty.

Birras:

It's been a while since I've written an RP character sheet (mainly because I haven't been interested in many RPs lately), so I may be a bit rusty.

Welcome to the Society doc.

Sure, why not. I could go for something like this.

Good enough?

CounterAttack:
Sure, why not. I could go for something like this.

Good enough?

Welcome to the team.

So will we be starting soon

Just to ask will the fact i am in a different time zone to most of the others here
That or i just can't stay up as late as you
Will that be a problem in such a fast rp?
If so I might have to be a behind the scenes in the shadows kind of hero which at least suits my character.

avouleance2nd:
Just to ask will the fact i am in a different time zone to most of the others here
That or i just can't stay up as late as you
Will that be a problem in such a fast rp?
If so I might have to be a behind the scenes in the shadows kind of hero which at least suits my character.

It shouldn't be too much of a problem, don't worry about it. We should be starting tonight or tomorrow.

'The Promenade - where I'll be spending the next few weeks getting this new group into shape,' Cillian Green thought as he drove up the circular drive-way to the entrance. When he exited his vehicle he nodded at the valet, quickly making sure that he had the documents as he hurried into the stunning building.

"Gloria, good morning. I'm assuming PP! is inside the conference room?" he asked the receptionist, fiddling with his tie while looking around at the bustling room. People were already starting their tours through the Promenade, and here he thought he had arrived before the early-morning rush.
"Of course he is sir. Been there since the sun rose," Gloria the receptionist responded.
"He'd be the one to take it literally," Cillian muttered to himself, bidding the receptionist farewell as he walked through the museum doors.

He squeezed by a small crowd taking the opening tour, muttering a good morning to the tour guide as he made his way to the 'Second Generation' section of the museum. He turned down a prohibited corridor and walked down a number of halls before coming up to two large double doors. He took out his keys and unlocked them, closing them behind him as he made his way to the other man in the room.

"Ah Cillian, I was wondering if you'd ever decide to show up!" the man known as Patriot Punch! said in his booming voice as he put down his book and took a sip of coffee.
"Sir when I said we'll meet at dawn I did not mean it lit- actually never mind," Cillian replied, deciding to not get into a discussion like that with PP! this early as he took a seat, "Alright sir, here are the list of accepted applicants for the Society."

"Wonderful! Absolutely glorious. Who will we mold into the next generation of protectors of democracy?" Patriot asked with gleeful anticipation.
"Well sir let's take a look. We have Garrus of course ("Ah love that boy"), Richard Masterson you know him sir ("But of course!"), a Jason J. Rojas he seems quite interesting ("Ah yes, one of our younger minds to meld to justice!"), and Anton Volkov ("His names sounds like a communist!"), a Simon Andrews ("There's a good ol' American name!"), Aaron Bishop ("Alright, sounds good so far"), a...er John/Jane Smith ("....what?"), James Weiss ("You still haven't explained that last one to me"), Dr. Vereor Birras ("Oh a Doctor! What a lovely profession"), Katie Southe ("Always need a woman on the team!"), and Marcus Cristine ("That's a very girly sounding last name"). We also have one in reserve also," Cillian said after listing off everyone.

Patriot leaned back in his chair and stretched a little, "Wonderful my friend! I'm sure they will all get along great once they are here. They will be united by their patriotic duty and common purpose, just like my old team so many years ago."
"About that sir, they don't know each other that well, and to put it simply I'm concerned about how everyone will get along," Cillian said as he straightened out the applications and put them back in the folder.
"You worry too much, I'm sure they will get along just fine. Once they realize their duty, all those petty differences will melt away so they will be able to defend freedom and justice to the best of their abilities. You will see, soon enough they will be defeating the same unpatriotic enemies every group before them has," Patriot boomed as he stood up with a clenched fist, the American flag flowing behind him.

"I'm concerned about that as well sir. The Union have been proving to be a very persistent and dire threat. They may not be ready to fight them, or anything else for that matter, they are untested as a group," Cillian said, expressing his concerns.
"You really need to have more faith in them, they are ready. They will serve the people of this great country with integrity and strength of body, mind, and will. They will exemplify everything that is so wonderful about this great nation, and no enemy, not even the devil himself, will be able to stop them," Patriot said confidently as he made his way over to the large windows over the gardens.
"I'm sure you're right sir, but they will still need to be trained. No matter what the case may be, they have never worked together before, they will at least need to train to know how to best use their powers together," Cillian replied, joining Patriot by the window.

"I'm glad to see you putting faith in them already. I know they will do great as a team, or else we wouldn't have chosen them. Now, I must quickly get back to the White House and make a speech to the people of the greatest nation on the planet. Now that everything is settled we will send the limo to go round everyone up and show them to their new home here," Patriot said, patting Cillian on the shoulder before leaving the young man to dwell on the coming trials.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Garrus inhaled deeply from his cigarette as he waited on his porch to be picked up. He watched the people walking by ("Not like they'd be able to tell") and wondered how'd they react to knowing he'd been accepted in the Society.

'Would probably wonder how desperate the Society is if they'd accept someone like me,' he chuckled to himself, watching as a limo pulled up in front of him. He grabbed his duffel bag and walked over to the limo, barely opening the door before the driver rolled down the passenger seat window.

"No smoking inside Garrus. Thought you'd know that by now," the driver yelled out.
"Alright, alright. I simply wanted to see if I could have gotten away with it Sebastian," Garrus replied, tossing the cigarette to the ground and stuffing it out before climbing inside.

"So who's first to be picked up?" he asked Sebastian, leaning back and getting comfortable in his seat.
"I'll just let it be a surprise for you," Sebastian replied, driving off to the next destination.

Suitcase in hand, Katie Southe stepped down from her tree as the limousine pulled up a sizable distance away from her parents' house. She pointed a finger at the "doorway", and it grew thorny vines across itself, sealing itself closed. She picked a vibrant, red rose from a nearby bush she had grown, and twirled it in her fingers as she walked to the limousine.

The driver rolled down the window and pulled out a sheet of paper. He glanced at an attached photo before looking up at Katie as she approached; the photo matched her face perfectly.

Katie walked up to the driver's window, tucked the (thornless) rose behind her ear and said, "Are you with the Society?" He nodded, and gestured for her to get in. She did so, seating herself next to a man who smelled of cigarette smoke, and laying her suitcase on her lap; it was fairly small, and fit easily. Tactfully ignoring the smell, she introduced herself, saying, "Hi, I'm Katie. Katie Southe."

Dona was sitting in a roadside cafť when she saw the limo stop at a traffic light.
She wandered up to the one of the windows and tapped on the glass.
The driver pulled down his window and now she could see him nothing interesting really. But she was different her image had taken weeks to realise. She looked like the best of thousands of men's magazines. Not that the image had not been fun to create there had been research. When she asked for a lift the driver had no choice so she got in.
"Gentle men" she said turning to the others, then they knew.
"So where to?"

Marcus sat on the curb,tapping his foot,his bag sat next to him.
Something growled inside his head.
Shut up
He was getting rather bored,he was very excited but the waiting was boring him to death,he reached inside his bag and pulled out a book,he began to read while he waited.
A little while later a limo drove up to him,he stood and placed the book back in his bag,then picked it up and knocked on the window.

Simon watched the traffic bustle about below him and looked back at his acceptance form. Apparently a limo was coming to pick him up.

He grinned as one stopped in front of his apartment. Right on time.

Picking up his duffel bag, and slipping on some dark shades he took careful aim then jumped out his window, falling through the air towards the limo bellow.

Concentrating hard, he suddenly shifted* through the air and reappeared inside the limo, landing roughly on all fours.

"Hey guys, I'm Simon. Nice to meet you all"

He laughed, getting up a bit shakily as he handed his sheet towards the driver, who gave him a withering glare before the limo started off again.

Jason sat on his roof, his feet dangling over the edge. Waiting patiently, he watched the sun rise over the tall buildings that occupied the horizon. He was never a morning person, but today was a day that was gonna change his life. He figured the best he could do would be to wake up early. He took the application out of his pocket, unfolded it, and scanned over it, just in case he had made any mistakes. Once he made his revisions, he tucked the paper back into his pocket. A few minutes later, a limo stopped in front of his building, and beeped twice. Jason's face lit up.

"Well, that must be my ride." He said before pushing himself off the building.

He landed on the curb with a deep thud. Dusting himself off, he walked to the driver's seat, where the window was rolled down. A man met him.

"Are you Jason?" The driver asked simply.

"Yes sir, I am." Jason replied with happy tone to his voice.

The driver inspected the kid with his eyes. He quickly noticed the he had no luggage of any kind.

"Packin' light?" He asked.

"Yeah, pretty much. All I got to my name is the clothes on my back, a wallet with 20 dollars, and a iPod on infinite shuffle. And don't worry, I shower every day, and wash my clothes whenever I get the chance, so you won't have to worry about the car smelling a little...raw." Jason replied.

The driver nodded then pointed towards the back. Jason did so and opened the door, where he noticed other people in the cabin, either talking to each other or minding their own business. Jason closed the door behind him and plopped down on the nearest seat.

"Hey there guys and gals, What's up?" He said to everyone.

Anton walked several blocks until he came to 34th street. He scanned the houses up and down the street, eventually taking a seat at the nearest house's porch. Anton stared out at lines of identical houses and empty streets and suddenly it hit him why he never went near surburbia. He leaned back and sighed. At least its better than the Alley he thought, fiddling with the acceptance form in his pocket, anything is better than the Alley. He'd put a fake address on the form in an attempt to feel less like a thug, more for myself than anyone else he thought. Suddenly, a honk erupted from directly in front of him. He looked up to see a large limo with the passenger window down and a man staring at him from the driver's seat.

"You must be Anton" The driver said, surveying the ragged clothes Anton had on.

"You'd be correct" Anton replied.

"Alright then, hop in"

Aaron turned over in his bed and gazed out the window. He got up remembering what day it was and grabbed his Gucci duffel bag he packed the night before and got dressed.

Aaron made his way to ground level waiting until he saw a large lime coming down the street.
The passenger window rolled down and a driver greeted him.

"Are you Mr. Bishop," the driver said checking over some papers.

"Yeah that's me," Aaron quickly took of his shades so he could match the file picture.

"Alright get in the back with the others."

"Garrus, Garrus Arreos. Nice to meet you Katie," he replied, shaking her hand, "Got to say that was a nice place you lived in. Always liked tree houses. And hello to the rest of you that managed a greeting. Ignore Sebastian if he glares at you, he'll just have to get used to us."

"Already am used to you Garrus," Sebastian said, rolling down the window separating him and them, "Only a few more to go, then we'll head to the Promenade."

"So...why did you all sign up for the hero business?"

Simon asked, leaning back in the seats of the limo enjoying the comfort of the seats

"What else can you do with super powers?"
Marcus awaited the inevitable 'Join the dark side line'

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 138 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook