It's just a bump to the left ~

Lambi:

You call that a bump? THIS is a bump!

NeoAC:

Lambi:

You call that a bump? THIS is a bump!

It was a The Rocky Horror Picture Show reference. And thank you for that bump.

Lambi:

It was a The Rocky Horror Picture Show reference. And thank you for that bump.

Oh I know, I trumped it with the modified Crocodile Dundee reference. And you're welcome.

Mr.Mudkip walked up to the thread and went...."SHORYUKEN! BUMP!"

This bump is approved by me. Which doesn't make it any special...

I was asleep. What happened?

We still need one more. And the only reserve has yet to post a sheet...

Lambi:

Can I join in? Mystic Knight is right up my alley.

I've never "finished" a Final Fantasy game though, but I've played more than half way through 7, 8, and 9 back in the day, and saw the endings for them and 6 (the reason why I've never finished them, damn spoilers...). I've finished some other jRPGs though (like Chrono Trigger, Grandia, and Lunar for example).

I'll post a character sheet once I get a "yay", or disappear forever once I get a "nay".

EDIT: Well, 3:30am - sleepy-bye beady time. Guess I'll see your decision tomorrow.

Sorry, I meant to do my sheet last night, but I forgot to bookmark this thread, and instead of searching I went sleep. I'm going to bump the thread with this post and edit it with my CS within the hour.

Edit-

RedMenace:

Lambi:

Can I join in? Mystic Knight is right up my alley.

I've never "finished" a Final Fantasy game though, but I've played more than half way through 7, 8, and 9 back in the day, and saw the endings for them and 6 (the reason why I've never finished them, damn spoilers...). I've finished some other jRPGs though (like Chrono Trigger, Grandia, and Lunar for example).

I'll post a character sheet once I get a "yay", or disappear forever once I get a "nay".

EDIT: Well, 3:30am - sleepy-bye beady time. Guess I'll see your decision tomorrow.

Sure. You get a yay from me. I'll let it slide that you haven't finished because you've played that much of them. Just give me your sheet and we can start soon.

razer17:
Sorry, I meant to do my sheet last night, but I forgot to bookmark this thread, and instead of searching I went sleep. I'm going to bump the thread with this post and edit it with my CS within the hour.

Edit-

Have him be chosen as the legendary White Mage warrior and you've got yourself a deal.

Lambi:

razer17:

Edit-

Have him be chosen as the legendary White Mage warrior and you've got yourself a deal.

razer17:

That's good. Now we just need one more sheet and then we start.

Lambi:

Right. Sorry it took a while. Here it is:
Also, can I use Battle Axe instead of a Sword? There are already 2 other sword wielders in the party as it is. If not, then I'll go with standard Zweihander.

EDIT: fixed a few typos.

RedMenace:

Lambi:

Right. Sorry it took a while. Here it is:
Also, can I use Battle Axe instead of a Sword? There are already 2 other sword wielders in the party as it is. If not, then I'll go with standard Zweihander.

EDIT: fixed a few typos.

Yeah, I'd prefer if he used a sword. Otherwise, it's good.

Lambi:

Done. Switched BA for ZH in Weapon and Bio.

RedMenace:

Lambi:

Done. Switched BA for ZH in Weapon and Bio.

Saw it. I'll post the starting later tonight or tomorrow. After that, everyone can post their starting post.

So I'm controlling the only girl in the party? I'll just say right now, she ain't putting out.

NeoAC:
So I'm controlling the only girl in the party? I'll just say right now, she ain't putting out.

WHAT?! But... but... Its Final Fantasy! It has to have an awkward in-party romance where one of you dies near the end. Its canon! [/joke]

I promise I will not try to romance you unless GM demands it.

RedMenace:

NeoAC:

WHAT?! But... but... Its Final Fantasy! It has to have an awkward in-party romance where one of you dies near the end. Its canon! [/joke]

I promise I will not try to romance you unless GM demands it.

I demand awkard in-party romance!
Just kidding, there isn't going to be a love interest. Just like in the older FFs.

There was a girl in the party?
I didn't look over the other characters too well.
Better do that now I suppose. :P

So I guess the RP starts tomorrow?

I'll try to be in as much as possible whenever it starts. Today started two weeks of hell where I have two essays, one huge class presentation, one other assignment, and three exams in that span. So, I'll be in whenever I need a distraction, which will be as often as possible.

Alright, this is the starting post. After this, you can have your characters be introduced doing something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 7 warriors had discovered that the secrets they had been guarding were now stolen. They headed to the same location that had been mentioned to them, called Torania. They had not met each other before, but they knew only they and the warrior families knew about Torania. It was a few days travel from where each of them was. This wasn't going to be easy, so they all prepared for the long journey ahead. Some of them stocked on Potions, others focused on Ethers. When they had prepared, they left their homes and started the journey to Torania.

Lex focused on a combination of Ethers and Potions. He set out on his journey. "I hope that I don't run into too many monsters."

Laxus had all the Potions he needed. "This'll be a hard journey, but I will make it through. I have to. The world depends on the success of the 7 warriors." He left his home and started walking.

Alex was just about to leave the village. He had stocked up on Potions and lots of Ethers for his journey. He left the village on his white horse, and headed towards the forest road. Inside the woods waited monsters hoping to hunt him down. But little did they know what he was capable of... He could already smell the blood that would soon be shed. He had a slight smirk on his face.

Kiril returned to the lay line intersection, which the killer used to flee. He stabbed Zweihander into the ground, sat down, his back resting on the metal of the sword, and slept into a meditative state. The visions slowly seeped into his mind: long road, west, Torania, few days of travel, 6 figures cloaked by the darkness. He opened his eyes and rose slowly, using sword for support. His head was spinning slightly.

Torania. He didn't know if that's where the killer fled to, or if he will find a clue there, or if it had ANYTHING to do with the murder at all. "The ways in which spirits work are a mystery to mere mortals, and anyone who claims to understand them is a fool." his father used to say. But at least now he had a destination. 6 cloaked figures were probably the other artifact keepers, which meant he will meet them along the way perhaps?

Kiril shrugged it off. No use guessing. First things first - gather some useful herbs and exchange them for Potions and Ethers in the village. 10 of each should be enough for the road. Herbs are good and all, but unlike processed potions they take time to apply and take an effect.

With vials secure in his bag and Zweihander strapped to his back Kiril said his farewells to everyone in the village and set off on the road to Torania. There is one thing though that kept bugging him as he was leaving the village: "Why, when he was saying his goodbyes, did the fathers and brothers of his female acquaintances looked so... relieved?" Oh well... it doesn't really matter, does it?

Laxus had been walking for a while, when a Mu attacked him. It looked like a skunk, except instead of having black and white fur, it had blue and white fur. It's eyes were red. It jumped at him and almost scratched him. Laxus managed to dodge the attack and swung his sword at the Mu. It graced the Mu and it retreated. "Got to be more careful." Laxus thought. He continued walking.

Ah... The Plains of... something or other... Geography was never one of Kiril's strong points. Monster Population: critters, things that can be killed with a few swings of a sword and can at best leave a few scratch or bruises. Nothing a moderate application of healing herbs (thankfully those are plenty) and half an hour worth of R&R. There was however something worthy of an effort growing on these plains - a rare Burning Mint, a plant with red tinted leafs and a handy effect of removing fatigue if ingested raw or cooked (spices up the meat and gives a delectable bitter tang to your tea).

It took Kiril over 3 hours (and god knows how many dead beetles, snakes, and spiders) to find a patch of the plant. Unfortunately, as with every good thing, there is a price to pay for the benefits. In this case the plant's flowers have a nasty side effect of attracting Fangs. And there they were... all 3 of them... giddy from the plant's smell as a cub on its first hunt... This was not going to be pretty.

Kiril unsheathed Zweihander and put it on the ground, getting on all 4 himself, as if preparing for a sudden dash or jump. This was a stupid thing to do, but he had to at least try. He grew too fond of all things canine while growing up in the woods, racing and playing daily with a pack of local wolfs. He whistled sharply attracting the attention of the Fangs. They turned to him and assumed an aggressive stance growling low. He raised his head slightly, exposing his neck, and growled; showing "I am stronger, I am not afraid, leave". One of the Fangs jumped at him, barking (Fang 1).

"Well, I knew it... Too giddy to judge rationally." Went through Kiril's head as he dashes forward, slashing at the Fang 1. Fang 1 tried to avoid an attack in the air, but the sword was too long. It left a gashing wound in Fang's side. Other two Fangs jumped at Kiril, seeing an opening left by an attack. Kiril began reciting the quick prayer to the spirit of Lightning and his sword began to crackle with energies of the element. Fang 2 bit his leg and jumped back. Fang 3 knocked him over and was chewing on his hand. Kiril punched it in its mug and flowed into a kneeling pose, simultaneously slashing at the still dazed enemy. There was a loud ZZAAP! and a yelp. The air smelled of burned dog hair and ozone. Charred remains of Fang 3 landed on the ground with a soft tud.

Fang 1 jumped at Kiril's back. He tried to hit it with an elbow, as he was getting up, but it backfired. The dog thing bit into poorly protected triceps. Kiril yelled with rage and shook Fang 1 off. This was DEFINITELY not good. He was loosing blood fast from both his arm and leg. He dodged an attack from Fang 2, slid his hand into the bag, and pulled out a Potion. He swallowed half of it while dodging another attack and in a moment of respite poured the rest unto a gaping wound on his arm. He felt the energy surge through his body, his wounds tingled and skin began pulling back together over them.

Fang 1 attacked again. Kiril span around slicing enemy in half in midair. Fang 2 growled, but did not attack. Its eyes showed some degree of comprehension now, the adrenaline of battle was washing away whatever effect the plant had on the beast. Kiril took defensive position and growled back, as if trying to show I'm all well and can fight on. The Fang took a step back, turned and ran.

Kiril opened his bag and approached the field of Burning Mint. Roughly 3 minutes later he his bag was full of plant's leafs. He put a few leafs in his mouth and dashed as fast as he could. 4 hours he just lost did not matter now. He could run all the way to the Torania without stopping. Anyone or anything that would try to get in his way will be either too slow to keep up, or will grow tired eventually. He, on the other hand, did not even need to sleep, as long as he had the mint. By his calculations he could be there in a little bit more than a day now, which left him with plenty of time to deal with accumulated fatigue, which the plant would only put off for as long as it lasted.

Shann looked around the meager home that was now hers alone. She had already take everything of value. The Potions, Ethers, all made their way into her bag. Her dad was always careful about being prepared for battle. It just made it more shameful that he was apparently caught off guard when he was killed. Just thinking about it made her squeeze the handle of her gun more tightly.

Dad....I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. Or that I spent so much on food that I couldn't afford a bloody Phoenix Down. You are not going to die in vain, I swear. This gun will end your assassin's life.

She shoved all her supplies into her bag and left her house. Whistling beckoned her horse Parker from the field. Hopping up on top, she gave a quick "Hyaa!" and Parker took off. It was going to be a fairly long trip to meeting place she was told about.

Torania, was it? Meh. I wish I could just go after that cowardly thief myself. Guarantee I could get him. But I guess more help couldn't hurt. As long as they don't get in my way.

As she left the beaches of her hometown behind in the distance, she didn't look back. She only looked forward, towards the day when she would have revenge.

Zagi looked around the town, wondering what to buy, he held the small pouch of Gil in his hand. "Ethers would be good, I can heal myself already..." he stopped, then went into the store and bought 10 Ethers and 10 Potions, he'd spent all the Gil he had. Zagi Sighed, "Good enough, I guess" He said to himself again, and headed out of town to the forest that lay between him and Torania.

Alex was in the middle of the forest and it had started to get dark. He could sense the beasts waiting for the right moment to pounce him. Then at that moment, a shadow jumped out from the trees. It was too dark to see what it was, but the silhouette was the shape of a big panther. It growled at Alex with nothing but it's red eyes visible. Alex calmly went down from his horse and told it to back away. He then proceeded to take out his rod, the emblem on his neck glowing.

The monster leaped at him with incredible speed and jumped towards him. But Alex stood still. He pointed his rod at it, whispered something, and a ball of fire appeared, hitting the beast in the chest. The beast was launched away at the ground, but quickly stood up again. It walked in circles around him and then tried to leap again. But then from the skies came a bolt of lightning, launching it again and opening a massive wound. This time it seems like it was finished. Alex turned around and started walking towards his horse. But then the beast growled again, and just as Alex turned around he had the panther on him. He was forced down to the ground, with the panther staring him in the eye, waiting to make the killing blow. But just as it was about to attack, Alex took out the dagger he was hiding in his robe, and shoved it inside the beast's heart. It stood still, the pain visible in it's eyes, and blood dripping out from the chest. Alex pushed it away from him. This time he checked to see if it was alive. It wasn't. The red glow had disappeared from it's eyes.

Alex sat once again on his horse. But now he heard voices far behind him. He recognized them. It was the kings men, looking for him. They had not seen him yet, so he put the hood over his head, and rode away as fast as he could.

Darun was riding his horse towards the town of Torania. He had been told to go their, because the "secret" had been stolen. He was still unsure of what was awaiting him, but he knew it wasn't going to be good. He had never known his real father, and he knew nothing of the secret that he was to reclaim.

He carried on riding through a small village, his hood covering his face, rain hammering down on his hood. The rain was starting to pick up, so he turned his horse around and headed back towards the town. He had seen an inn on the way through, so he would stay there for the night.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked