Is Marvel’s Spider-Man 2’s Deluxe Edition Worth Buying or Upgrading For?

Marvel's Spider-Man 2

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 comes in two flavours: the regular just-the-game edition and the Deluxe Edition. You may be wondering if Marvel’s Spider-Man 2’s Deluxe Edition is worth buying or upgrading for, and here’s what you need to know.

Recommended Videos

Is Marvel Spider-Man 2’s Deluxe Edition Content Worth It?

What do you get in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 for $10 extra? Along with the pre-order incentives (which you can find here) you get the following:

• 10 unique suits (5 for each Spider-Hero)
  • Additional Photo Mode frames and stickers
  • 2 skill points (5 total if you pre-order)

The real draw is the 10 extra suits, five for Miles Morales and five for Peter Parker. You can cast your eyes over the suits below and maybe you’ll be absolutely blown away by them.

Related: Does Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Have New Game+, Answered

An image showing the exclusive suits that come with the Deluxe Edition of Marvel's Spider-Man 2 as part of an article on whether it's worth buying or upgrading for.

I’m not particularly impressed. The Apunkalyptic Suit is kind of cool, but it’s not worth forking out $10 for. Now, if there were Marvel Zombies skins in there, I’d put my money down straight away.

I don’t think these suits are worth it. Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 has 60+ suits, including colour variants, which is plenty to be going on with. And the skill points, that’s not a big draw for me either.

But that’s just my opinion. What you should do is take a look at those suits above. If you’re immediately struck by how awesome they are, go ahead and buy or upgrade to the Deluxe Edition of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2. But if your reaction is more along the lines of “Meh..”, then don’t bother.

And that’s what you need to know about whether Marvel’s Spider-Man 2’s Deluxe Edition is worth buying or upgrading for.

If you’re looking for more, check out our guide to all the voice actors and cast of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Kill the Justice League Fans Are Furious Over the Game’s Handling of Joker
Joker smiling in Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.
Read Article Anime Stars Simulator Codes (March 2024)
Anime Stars Simulator promo image
Read Article Project Bronze Forever Codes (March 2024)
In-game image for Project Bronze Forever.
Related Content
Read Article Kill the Justice League Fans Are Furious Over the Game’s Handling of Joker
Joker smiling in Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.
Read Article Anime Stars Simulator Codes (March 2024)
Anime Stars Simulator promo image
Read Article Project Bronze Forever Codes (March 2024)
In-game image for Project Bronze Forever.
Author
Chris McMullen
Freelance contributor at The Escapist. I've returned to writing about games after a couple of career changes, with my recent stint lasting five-plus years. I hope, through my writing work, to settle the karmic debt I incurred by persuading my parents to buy a Mega CD. Aside from writing for The Escapist, I also cover news and more for GameSpew. I've also been published at other sites including VG247, Space, and more. My tastes run to horror, the post-apocalyptic, and beyond, though I'll tackle most things that aren't exclusively sports-based.