Big Blade AC

Ubisoft Traded Likes for a Bigger Assassin’s Creed Blade – And Things Got Ridiculous

Have you ever looked at the hidden blade in Assassin’s Creed and thought, “Gosh, I wish that were significantly bigger, like comically big?” Well, Ubisoft has you covered.

Recommended Videos

On X, Ubisoft promised to alter a picture of Basim in Assassin’s Creed Mirage to make his hidden blade bigger for every 300 likes the post got. Gamers, being creatures that love a good bit of chaos, immediately showed up. At the time of writing, the post is hovering around 1,200 likes, and as it was published less than an hour ago, it’s very likely the blade is going to get very, very big.

“Wow, this isn’t real gaming journalism,” you might be saying. Well, it’s funny to me, and my hope is that we can get this blade as hilariously large as possible. If this doesn’t turn into some sort of Cronenbergian horror, then I think we’ll have started 2024 off entirely wrong. I’ll be updating this post periodically throughout the day, so check back to see just how big the blade goes.

Developed and published by Ubisoft, Assassin’s Creed debuted in 2007 and follows the Order of Assassin’s in their struggle against the Knights Templar. The games take place in different historical eras, though they often feature a sci-fi frame narrative in which people use a device called the Animus to access the memories of their ancestors.

Assassin’s Creed Mirage released in 2023 and is the most recent regular installment of the game. The title takes place in Baghdad during its Golden Age. Slightly after that game dropped, Assassin’s Creed Nexus VR dropped. That Meta Quest game sees players playing various characters from across the franchise history, but in first-person. It’s a genuinely good time.

Assassin’s Creed Mirage is available now on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Dance for UGC Codes (April 2024)
Dance for UGC gameplay screenshot.
Read Article Hunter X Anomaly Codes (April 2024)
Hunter X Anomaly promo image
Read Article All Preorder Bonuses & Editions for Metaphor ReFantazio
Related Content
Read Article Dance for UGC Codes (April 2024)
Dance for UGC gameplay screenshot.
Read Article Hunter X Anomaly Codes (April 2024)
Hunter X Anomaly promo image
Read Article All Preorder Bonuses & Editions for Metaphor ReFantazio
Author
Liam Nolan
Liam Nolan has been the Managing Editor at The Escapist since August 2023, during which time he's covered Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, Starfield, and several other major releases. After getting his Master of Arts in English in 2016, he began writing about comics, television, movies, and video games, with his work appearing at such outlets as Marvel.com, CBR, and The Mary Sue. When he's not writing on pop culture, you can find Liam working on his creative projects or traveling. You can follow him on Twitter @LD_Nolan or on Bluesky @ldnolan.bsky.social.