A dragon in Monster Hunter: World. This image is part of an article about where to find Aqua Sac in Monster Hunter: World.

How to Get Aqua Sacs in Monster Hunter: World

Do you need to know how to get Aqua Sacs in Monster Hunter: World? Of course you do. Otherwise, it’d be strange that you’d found your way here. We’ve got the knowledge you seek right here, so let’s find out what Aqua Sacs do and how to get them.

Recommended Videos

How to Get Aqua Sacs in Monster Hunter: World

The Aqua Sac is an item you can get from the slippery piscine wyvern called Jyuratodus. This monster uses mud to capture and slow down the things it is hunting, and it can be an annoying fight until you’re used to not only dodging the mud it flings around but also taking items with you to cure the Waterblight it can inflict on you and any other hunters.

To get the Aqua Sac, you simply need to hunt the Jyuratodus in low-rank quests. If you’re having trouble finding it, make sure to go to the Wildspire Wastes. You can find it during investigations, from the Tailraider Safari, or you can just repeatedly take on The Piscine Problem quest to hunt this slippery beast as your main target.

Related: When & How to Get an Ikran in Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora

How to Use Aqua Sacs in Monster Hunter: World

Aqua Sacs in Monster Hunter: World can be used to craft a plethora of different weapons and armor pieces. Each of these has a water theme of some kind, and you’ll only need one per item, which makes getting them a little bit less stressful than some other items in the game. A lot of these weapons can be turned into even stronger ones later on in higher ranks as well, so there’s no harm in making them if they’re in a weapon type you like.

Aqua Arrow I – Bow
Aqua Assault I – Heavy Bowgun
Aqua Bagpipe I – Hunting Horn
Aqua Hammer I – Hammer
Aqua Horn I – Lance
Aqua Messer I – Sword
Aqua Rod I – Insect Glaive
Aqua Slasher I – Great Sword
Madness Axe I – Switch Axe
Madness Gunlance I – Gunlance
Madness Pangas I – Dual Blades
Madness Rifle I – Light Bowgun
Mudslide Blade I – Charge Blade
Jyura Shotel I – Long Sword

The armor side of things is less clear-cut. While it can be useful to have specific elemental resistances in the early game, it’s generally not worth farming for unless you’re really struggling against a monster. We’d always recommend leaving armor farming until later in the game.

Butterfly Brachia – Arms Armor
Jyura Mail – Mail Armor
Jyura Coil – Waist Armor
King Beetle Brachia – Arms Armor

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article How to Play Pokémon on the Delta Emulator on iPhone
Rayquaza on the cover of Pokemon Emerald
Read Article Bitcoin Miner Codes (April 2024)
Bitcoin Miner Official Artwork
Read Article How to Get the Satori Katana in Cyberpunk 2077
Satori Katana Cyberpunk 2077
Related Content
Read Article How to Play Pokémon on the Delta Emulator on iPhone
Rayquaza on the cover of Pokemon Emerald
Read Article Bitcoin Miner Codes (April 2024)
Bitcoin Miner Official Artwork
Read Article How to Get the Satori Katana in Cyberpunk 2077
Satori Katana Cyberpunk 2077
Author
Jason Coles
Jason has been writing for over four years now, and in that time has wracked up over 50 bylines. Alongside that, he ran The Indie Game Website for a couple of years, and can be regularly found freelancing for websites like IGN, Eurogamer, Dicebreaker, and more. Alongside loving gaming, he also writes about fitness content as he's a qualified personal trainer.