Lies of P Features an Iconic Doctor Who Actor

Lies of P / Doctor Who

Pinocchio may not be particularly vocal in Lies of P, but there are plenty of other voice-acted characters, all lending their talents to bring this world to life, and one of them might sound familiar because he’s voiced by a former Doctor Who actor.

Recommended Videos

Who am I talking about and which character do they voice? Peter Davison, who played the Fifth Doctor, is in Lies of P. He plays Pulcinella, Vegnini’s puppet butler. We had to do a double take at first but, as the credits confirm, Peter Davison is the voice behind the puppet.

Davison played the Doctor in three seasons of Doctor Who, running from January 1982 to March 1984. He continues to play the Doctor in Big Finish’s Doctor Who audio plays and made an on-screen appearance in last year’s “Power of the Doctor“, Jodie Whittaker’s farewell episode.

However, it’s a bit surprising to find him in a video game. He’s done plenty of other voice-overs but the last time he was in a game was in 2015, playing the Doctor in Lego Dimensions. Before that, it was Doctor Who: Destiny of the Doctors in 1997.

It’s not as if he’s a prolific video game actor, and we’re wondering how he came to get this role. Maybe someone on the Lies of P team was a Who fan. No matter, he does a fine job playing Pulcinella.

So, if you’re playing Lies of P and find yourself wondering why Pulcinella sounds so familiar, it’s because Fifth Doctor Peter Davison voices him. Now, if we can just get Tom Baker in Elden Ring 2

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Is Apple TV’s Constellation Getting a Season 2? Answered
Jo in the series Constellation, a woman peering through a glass window on the International Space Station
Read Article Every Season of Love Is Blind, Ranked from Worst to Best
Love is Blind Pods
Read Article Will Netflix’s 3 Body Problem Get a Season 2?
A still from Netflix's 3 Body Problem showcasing some of its ensemble cast
Related Content
Read Article Is Apple TV’s Constellation Getting a Season 2? Answered
Jo in the series Constellation, a woman peering through a glass window on the International Space Station
Read Article Every Season of Love Is Blind, Ranked from Worst to Best
Love is Blind Pods
Read Article Will Netflix’s 3 Body Problem Get a Season 2?
A still from Netflix's 3 Body Problem showcasing some of its ensemble cast
Author
Chris McMullen
Freelance contributor at The Escapist. I've returned to writing about games after a couple of career changes, with my recent stint lasting five-plus years. I hope, through my writing work, to settle the karmic debt I incurred by persuading my parents to buy a Mega CD. Aside from writing for The Escapist, I also cover news and more for GameSpew. I've also been published at other sites including VG247, Space, and more. My tastes run to horror, the post-apocalyptic, and beyond, though I'll tackle most things that aren't exclusively sports-based.