Peter Griffin walking in the Fortnite Battle Royale trailer. This image is part of an article about is a Joe Swanson skin coming to Fortnite.

Seth MacFarlane’s Explanation for Buff Peter Griffin in Fortnite Is Hilarious

It’s hard to believe that Family Guy actually made its way into Fortnite. It was something a lot of people wanted, but it just never felt like it would come to fruition. Well, Seth MacFarlane pulled the trigger, and his explanation for buff Peter Griffin in Fortnite is hilarious.

Recommended Videos

When Peter Griffin appeared in the Fortnite Chapter 5 trailer, eager gamers were quick to notice that it looked like he had been hitting the gym. However, that wasn’t actually a conscious decision by MacFarlane, as he didn’t even know what Fortnite was when he agreed to put his most popular character in one of the world’s biggest games.

“I had to have someone explain to me what the f**k Fortnite is,” Macfarlane told IGN on the red carpet for his upcoming Ted prequel series. “And then I said, well, that sounds kinda cool! Yeah, why not, let’s do it!”

Related: An Annoying Fortnite Glitch Isn’t Actually a Glitch At All

However, adding Peter to the game didn’t come without some complications. “I was told that they didn’t have the budget to create his actual body,” MacFarlane added. “So it was like that TV Guide cover from the ’90s where they put Oprah’s head on Ann Margret’s body.”

While Fortnite likely wasn’t going for an Oprah TV Guide cover when they created Peter Griffin’s new look, it sort of has taken on a life of its own. Frequently, players will find themselves in a battle with a full squad of Fancy Peter Griffins while trying to take down the NPC boss version of the character. It’s pretty surreal to witness, but it’s some of the most fun players will have in Fortnite Chapter 5.

If you want to learn more about Fortnite, here’s everything you need to know about LEGO Fortnite.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Best Red Guardian Decks in Marvel Snap
A header-sized image of Red Guardian in Marvel Snap as part of an article on the best decks using the card.
Read Article Hades II Playtest Registration is Up and Here’s How to Join
Hades II Playtest
Read Article Best Breech-Loaded Grenade Launchers in Destiny 2
Related Content
Read Article Best Red Guardian Decks in Marvel Snap
A header-sized image of Red Guardian in Marvel Snap as part of an article on the best decks using the card.
Read Article Hades II Playtest Registration is Up and Here’s How to Join
Hades II Playtest
Read Article Best Breech-Loaded Grenade Launchers in Destiny 2
Author
Jackson Hayes
Jackson Hayes is an Associate Editor at The Escapist. Starting his writing career in 2017, he quickly rose the ranks and became an editor. He's spent the last six years working at outlets such as CBR, Heroic Hollywood and Full Circle Cinema, where he's covered various sports games, Call of Duty, the MCU, and other major properties. You can follow him on Twitter @jacksonhayes67