PlayStation State of Play

PlayStation State of Play to Show Off Over 15 Games This Week

The last time there was a PlayStation State of Play was back in September 2023. Thankfully, Sony has announced a new one that will air this Wednesday, January 31, at 2 pm PT / 10 pm GMT / 5 pm ET.

Recommended Videos

News of the upcoming event hit the social media site, X, not long ago:

Slightly more information was revealed over at PlayStation.Blog. The State of Play will last for over 40 minutes and will include updates on games like Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin. Additional titles will be shown off for the PS5 and PS VR2 in 2024 and beyond. Over 15 games will be on display.

And all that excitement has eager gamers talking. “Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, Silent Hill 2, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth….this year is a legendary for PS fans,” said PrinceVampi on X. ”

Related: Until Dawn Is Getting Pulled from the PS4 Store In Some Countries

And that sentiment seems to expand past just 2024 for some. “I’ll definitely be there, that line up of games looks amazing. The future of games is bright,” added Acxntia on X.

While I am excited to learn more about the two aforementioned titles, I am even more thrilled to speculate on what else will show up. Perhaps Konami’s Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater and the remake of Silent Hill 2 will make an appearance with solid release dates? Or maybe the remaster of Until Dawn will be confirmed and shadow drop after the show? Wouldn’t that be something? Whatever the powers that be show off, though, I’m just hungry for more original IP. Give me a Pragmata update, Capcom!

Gamers will be able to watch the PlayStation State of Play on YouTubeTwitch, and TikTok. We’ll be there, so make sure to tune in!

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Want Massive Spotlight Hour Change After Bugged Trubbish Shiny Rates
Trubbish, the garbage Pokemon, from the animated Pokemon series
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Related Content
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Want Massive Spotlight Hour Change After Bugged Trubbish Shiny Rates
Trubbish, the garbage Pokemon, from the animated Pokemon series
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Author
Arthur Damian
Arthur Damian has been covering the video game industry for over ten years, and joined The Escapist in 2022. He is a huge fan of platformers, indies, and fighting games, and strives to cover them for The Escapist every chance he gets. Arthur received his Bachelor’s Degree in English from Brooklyn College in 2009. He is also the Editor-in-Chief over at That VideoGame Blog. When he isn’t writing, Arthur enjoys playing games on his Switch and PlayStation 5, and sings the praises of the greatest video game ever, Chrono Trigger, to anyone who will listen.