Clicks and Giggles: Riddle Me This

Pages PREV 1 . . . 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 . . . 36 NEXT

Stop me if you've heard this one, but it's an old favorite...

A certain man lives on the 30th floor of a building. Every morning, he takes the elevator from the 30th floor to the ground floor and goes to work. Every evening on his return, he takes the elevator to the 14th floor and walks up the remaining flights of stairs. On evenings when it rains, he takes the elevator from the ground floor to the 26th floor and walks the rest of the way.

Can you explain why he does this?

darkapothem2000:

A certain man lives on the 30th floor of a building. Every morning, he takes the elevator from the 30th floor to the ground floor and goes to work. Every evening on his return, he takes the elevator to the 14th floor and walks up the remaining flights of stairs. On evenings when it rains, he takes the elevator from the ground floor to the 26th floor and walks the rest of the way.

that is an oldie but a goody.
he is a Midget or Little person (to be PC)
he can only reach the button for the 14th floor
but on the days when it rains he has his umbrella with him and uses that to reach the 26th floor button.

gameoni:

darkapothem2000:

that is an oldie but a goody.
he is a Midget or Little person (to be PC)
he can only reach the button for the 14th floor
but on the days when it rains he has his umbrella with him and uses that to reach the 26th floor button.

nicely done gameoni :) your go.

thank you sir,

A horse walks a certain distance each day. two of its legs travel 30 miles each day and the other two legs travel 31 miles. It would seem that two of the horse's legs must be one mile ahead of the other two legs, but of course this can't be true. Since the horse is a normal horse.

so how is this situation possible?

The horse is walking in a circle (like for children rides at a fairground.)The two legs in the inside of the circle walk a shorter distance, and the ones on the outside of the circle will cover more distance, giving them an "extra" mile to walk.

Cobalt Lion:
The horse is walking in a circle (like for children rides at a fairground.)The two legs in the inside of the circle walk a shorter distance, and the ones on the outside of the circle will cover more distance, giving them an "extra" mile to walk.

i was looking for it works at a mill but other wise you are correct sir,
your go.

I will pass my turn to the next user since I am leaving in the next few minutes. Next user, your go!

ok if no one else mind i will post again, a quick one though.

What has a neck but no head?

a bottle

darkapothem2000:
a bottle

Good job, your go darkapothem

Here are four examples that demonstrate a certain rule:

4 is always 4

3 is 5
5 is 4
4 is always 4

20 is 6
6 is 3
3 is 5
5 is 4
4 is always 4

31 is 9
9 is 4
4 is always 4

To solve this riddle, explain the rule and give another correct example

EDIT: just fixed a mistake in the third example-- my bad :/

The rule is simple

the right number is the number of letters used to spell the number on the left. then you count the number of letters in the right number and use those in the next set as the number on the right while the previous right number is now on the left. you keep doing this until you hit 4. because 4 is always 4.

EXAMPLE

1 is 3

3 is 5

5 is 4

4 is always 4

All Hail Lelouch:
The rule is simple

the right number is the number of letters used to spell the number on the left. then you count the number of letters in the right number and use those in the next set as the number on the right while the previous right number is now on the left. you keep doing this until you hit 4. because 4 is always 4.

EXAMPLE

1 is 3

3 is 5

5 is 4

4 is always 4

well done :) your go

Here is a classic one.

What stands on four legs in the morning. Two Legs in the afternoon, and on three legs in the evening?

All Hail Lelouch:
Here is a classic one.

What stands on four legs in the morning. Two Legs in the afternoon, and on three legs in the evening?

Man.

Or the human race in general.

Knight of Cydonia:

All Hail Lelouch:
Here is a classic one.

Man.

Or the human race in general.

Correct, your turn.

It's been five days...

Sorry for the wait.

I am composed of water and come in different colours, shapes and sizes, however, I am also a solid. What am I?

Knight of Cydonia:
Sorry for the wait.

I am composed of water and come in different colours, shapes and sizes, however, I am also a solid. What am I?

a human

gameoni:

Knight of Cydonia:
Sorry for the wait.

a human

a simple No sorry would have sufficed.

Knight of Cydonia:
Sorry for the wait.

Now, there's a heck of a lot of answers that fit the bill here... but which one... Snowflakes maybe?

Doc Gnosis:

Knight of Cydonia:
Sorry for the wait.

Now, there's a heck of a lot of answers that fit the bill here... but which one... Snowflakes maybe?

ice?

Gypsy ninja pirate zombie king:
ice?

I would of also accepted jelly.

i don't have a Riddle right now so next poster can go

oh thank you here goes:

What is it that is deaf, dumb and blind and always tells the truth?

Your heart?

a compass?

The answer is "a mirror" isn't it?

misterfive:
The answer is "a mirror" isn't it?

ding ding ding we have a winner next riddle is up to you

Alright now here is a stumper,

My brother is married to the shore, my sister died in lore.
My father and mother often meet but not face to face.
Who am I?

a wave?

The horizon?

It's either the sunrise or sunset... I'll go with the sunrise.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 . . . 36 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here