Clicks and Giggles: Riddle Me This

Pages PREV 1 . . . 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . . . 36 NEXT

There were two men who wanted to start a super glue business they wanted to name the super glue something amazing because all the super glues were named super glue. After a couple of weeks their business was a success. What was the super glue's name?

Something Amazing

Tommeh Brownleh:
Something Amazing

correct!

What is broken every time it's spoken?

silence

Should I just post my riddle now?

@Regeaj: go ahead

A chest with no hinges, key nor lid, but inside golden treasure is hid. What am I?

an egg

correct

What leaps and drags but never stops, falls for months but never lands, begins and ends but never dies?

Years?

Time?

mental_looney:
Years?

Yup. First post.

:D

yeah i'm not very good at making them up so this is kinda terrible

What starts with a t ends with a t and has t in it?

It's a teapot.

Gypsy ninja pirate zombie king:
It's a teapot.

yeah too easy >.<

I come in darkness, but fill the mind with light. I bring enlightenment to some, while gripping others in the hand of fear. With me it can be a journey of inexplicable joy and sorrow. What I will show you will often be unreachable. Journey with me and what you see may haunt you. Journey with me and you may never want to return home. Journey with me and you will never know when it will end. What am I?

I come in darkness, but fill the mind with light. I bring enlightenment to some, while gripping others in the hand of fear. With me it can be a journey of inexplicable joy and sorrow. What I will show you will often be unreachable. Journey with me and what you see may haunt you. Journey with me and you may never want to return home. Journey with me and you will never know when it will end. What am I?

Drugs.

HAHAHAHA. No. Seriously, its sleep.

The Thinker:

Drugs.

HAHAHAHA. No. Seriously, its sleep.

Close enough, Go ahead post a riddle.

Now I need a riddle... and there are 21 pages of riddles used here already.
You know, its a good thing I just watched a movie with riddles in it.

Ahem:
Five things of an everyday sort, you'll find us all in a tennis court.
What are we?

Bonus: What movie did I watch?

The Thinker:

Ahem:
Five things of an everyday sort, you'll find us all in a tennis court.
What are we?

Bonus: What movie did I watch?

The vowels:
a tennis court

That was in Batman Forever, wasn't it?

James Joseph Emerald:

The vowels:
a tennis court

That was in Batman Forever, wasn't it?

Excellent! The answer is the five "always" vowels, which doesn't include the "sometimes" y or the "never except for that one time in Vegas" w.
And you even got the extra credit right. Your turn!

A house-fire breaks out one night. Firefighters arrive on the scene to find a boy lying in front of the house, injured but still alive. The boy's father didn't make it out in time, having died of smoke inhalation. One of the firefighters approaches the boy to comfort him, but is shocked upon seeing his face. The boy is the firefighter's son. How is this possible?

the Firefighter is the boys mom.

the Firefighter is the boys mom.

Yep.
That was a bit easy. It works better as a pub riddle. I've always liked it though, sometimes people can get really stumped because the idea of a female firefighter (or surgeon or whatever) is so difficult for them to imagine.

Your turn.

James Joseph Emerald:
A house-fire breaks out one night. Firefighters arrive on the scene to find a boy lying in front of the house, injured but still alive. The boy's father didn't make it out in time, having died of smoke inhalation. One of the firefighters approaches the boy to comfort him, but is shocked upon seeing his face. The boy is the firefighter's son. How is this possible?

The fire fighter is a woman. Or gay. Or the kid's godparent, who is now his new parent because it was a single father.

Edit: Darn! Foiled by my own slow typing speed/ my tendency to be distr Oh! Shiny!

What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?

A river.

Yep, Your turn.

What is red when balancing, is hard to ever find in nature, can have no roots made evenly, and means, atomically, the opposite of what it should?

The Thinker:
What is red when balancing, is hard to ever find in nature, can have no roots made evenly, and means, atomically, the opposite of what it should?

That's actually really tough. I barely even understand what that's supposed to mean. Like, what exactly does "atomically opposite" mean? And "roots made evenly"... is that equal length, or equal value for each root? And how exactly is the root "made"?

James Joseph Emerald:

The Thinker:

That's actually really tough. I barely even understand what that's supposed to mean. Like, what exactly does "atomically opposite" mean? And "roots made evenly"... is that equal length, or equal value for each root? And how exactly is the root "made"?

Mwa ha ha! I made this riddle myself, so perhaps it needs fine tuning...
atomically means "having to do with atoms", in this case.

I hope the hint doesn't make it too easy, or still too hard to figure out.

Negatives? It's definitely something to do with negative numbers.

If I'm right, which I'm quite confident I am, let someone else ask a riddle...

revolverwolf:
Negatives? It's definitely something to do with negative numbers.

If I'm right, which I'm quite confident I am, let someone else ask a riddle...

Quite right, so its anyone's turn now.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . . . 36 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or