Clicks and Giggles: Riddle Me This

Pages PREV 1 . . . 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . . . 36 NEXT

gameoni:

The Thinker:

Which has more legs, a goose, or no goose? And add your reason why, because there are only two options.

"Because otherwise it wouldn't be a riddle" is not a valid answer.

ok i have to admit this one has me perplexed.... but I'm going to say no goose... i don't know why i think there is some sorta trick question here

Right answer, but you need the reason why.

Hyperrhombus:
Hmm... Ill go with no goose. Is it something to do with the number of syllables? each syllable being a "leg" of the word...

Right answer, wrong reason. It has nothing to do with syllables.

The Thinker:

Which has more legs, a goose, or no goose? And add your reason why, because there are only two options.

I would say no goose, and I'm gonna take a shot at this and the two options are insects and quadripeds?

FilipJPhry:

The Thinker:

I would say no goose, and I'm gonna take a shot at this and the two options are insects and quadripeds?

Oh! I'm sorry if I was unclear: I meant "goose" and "no goose" were the only two options.

I think that means that that guess didn't count, along with the one that only guessed "no goose".

Okay, is it no goose, because "no" is in fact an abbreviation of number, ie "No." , implying more than one goose, therefore more legs?

No goose, because if it isnt a goose, its a centipede?

Hyperrhombus:
Okay, is it no goose, because "no" is in fact an abbreviation of number, ie "No." , implying more than one goose, therefore more legs?

Nope. I would have written "No. goose" and riddled (no pun intended) my post with errors, hoping people wouldn't catch it. Hmm... I should do that sometime.

Panzervaughn:

Close, but no cigar. Needs rephrasing, and probably in a way you won't think of. Yay! Vagueness!

"A centipede is certainly no goose" ?

The Thinker:

Hyperrhombus:

Nope. I would have written "No. goose" and riddled (no pun intended) my post with errors, hoping people wouldn't catch it. Hmm... I should do that sometime.

Panzervaughn:

Close, but no cigar. Needs rephrasing, and probably in a way you won't think of. Yay! Vagueness!

im bad at quoting.

Panzervaughn:

Yes! That is close enough. The traditional answer is "A goose has two legs, but no goose has more than two legs." You still win though, so go ahead.

The Thinker:

Panzervaughn:

Yes! That is close enough. The traditional answer is "A goose has two legs, but no goose has more than two legs." You still win though, so go ahead.

Wow. That's some lateral thinking going on there... Thanks for the excellent riddle!

Hyperrhombus:

The Thinker:

Panzervaughn:

Wow. That's some lateral thinking going on there... Thanks for the excellent riddle!

You are very welcome. Now if only I could outwit that Batman...

I hereby revive this thread! And seeing as nothing's happened in a while, I'm butting in front of Panzervaughn.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Explain your reasoning. (now I feel like a grade school math teacher >_>)
There are two answers I will accept. Hint: they're not "the chicken" and "the egg"

Aiedail256:
I hereby revive this thread! And seeing as nothing's happened in a while, I'm butting in front of Panzervaughn.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Explain your reasoning. (now I feel like a grade school math teacher >_>)
There are two answers I will accept. Hint: they're not "the chicken" and "the egg"

Alright, if it's not "the chicken" and not "the egg", I must ask you a question. Is the answer a binary response?

The Thinker:
Alright, if it's not "the chicken" and not "the egg", I must ask you a question. Is the answer a binary response?

You're very subtly misinterpreting my hint. And by binary, do you mean one of two that are opposites? For example, "up" and "down" would be possibilities, but "watermelon" and "grape" wouldn't? If so, no.

Aiedail256:

The Thinker:

You're very subtly misinterpreting my hint. And by binary, do you mean one of two that are opposites? For example, "up" and "down" would be possibilities, but "watermelon" and "grape" wouldn't? If so, no.

By "a binary response" I meant "either 'yes' or 'no'", but I was trying to say it in a way that would confuse the other riddlers. In hindsight, kind of stupid. Sorry.

Hmm... alphabetically, and in reference to your question, "the chicken" comes first, but in reality the egg came first. However, assuming your "hint" wasn't just a way of repeating "explain your answer", neither of those are correct, depleting my stash of answers. I must ponder this further...

Depends who asks the question. In your case, "the chicken" came before "the egg" in the sentence, so in fact you answer your own riddle. Now stop cracking yolks and ask us a properly fowl riddle.

Aiedail256:
Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

The rooster.

the dinosaur egg.

Aiedail256:

Neither. The universe came first.

I hereby re-revive this thread...

What is greater than God,
More evil than the devil,
Poor people have it,
Rich people need it,
And people who eat it die?

Hyperrhombus:

Poor people have it,
Rich people need it,

Nothing. Or me. Pick one.

The Thinker:

Alright, I'll be more specific: of the chicken and the egg, which came first?

The Thinker:

Hyperrhombus:

Poor people have it,
Rich people need it,

Nothing. Or me. Pick one.

Spot on!

Aiedail256:

The Thinker:

the egg. the dinosaur egg.

the answer is clearly Dinosaurs.

I say this because of the theory of evolution. Chickens are birds, and birds are descended from Dinousaurs. However, in this respect, it would probably be more realistic to say the (dinosaur) egg came first.

Aiedail256:

I'd have to say that this question has been around so long that many answers, as seen above, have been created and accounted for. Thus, my vote is for you to either pick an answer someone provided as correct, or explain your own logic, either way allowing us to move to the next riddle.

Hyperrhombus:

Aiedail256:

The Thinker:

Technically still not completely right, but I'll certainly give that to you. The answers I was prepared to accept were:
a) the egg, because there were egg-laying species long before chickens evolved
b) if you think of the question in the traditional sense: the chicken or the chicken egg, then the answer is, it depends on whether you associate the "species of an egg" with the animal that laid it or the animal that hatched from it. What we call "chicken" today used to be a different species, but it evolved into chickens. So there was, theoretically, a point where an almost-chicken gave birth to the first chicken. If you consider the species of an egg to be associated with what laid it, the chicken came first, because the first chicken egg had to have been laid by a pre-existing chicken. If, on the other hand, you associate the species of an egg with what hatched from it, the first chicken hatched from the first chicken egg, so the egg came first.

Aiedail256:

Hyperrhombus:

Aiedail256:

Technically still not completely right, but I'll certainly give that to you. The answers I was prepared to accept were:
a) the egg, because there were egg-laying species long before chickens evolved
b) if you think of the question in the traditional sense: the chicken or the chicken egg, then the answer is, it depends on whether you associate the "species of an egg" with the animal that laid it or the animal that hatched from it. What we call "chicken" today used to be a different species, but it evolved into chickens. So there was, theoretically, a point where an almost-chicken gave birth to the first chicken. If you consider the species of an egg to be associated with what laid it, the chicken came first, because the first chicken egg had to have been laid by a pre-existing chicken. If, on the other hand, you associate the species of an egg with what hatched from it, the first chicken hatched from the first chicken egg, so the egg came first.

Nice reasoning!

Also, since The Thinker has already solved my riddle, I pass the baton on to him. Riddle us, Thinker!

Riddle time! Also, due to the fact that we call unfertilized chicken eggs (contains no chicken) "chicken eggs", it totally has to due with what laid the egg. moving on:

Two short strangers, divided on racial terms, met almost facing each other. One was far from her home, the second had never left. The second one, feeling trapped, took advantage of a newly-passed law to flee quickly towards the first stranger, hoping to pass her by. The first stranger merely side-stepped behind the second, killing her in the process. Doing so, she became one step closer to royalty.

What the hell just happened?

I apologize if the above riddle is too easy/hard.

Does this have anything to do with War and countries? Just a hunch.

This is a chess game. The two strangers are pawns. Capture via en passant.

Also, since I'm not one for giving riddles, anyone can take my spot (assuming I'm right, of course.)

j1-2themax:
This is a chess game. The two strangers are pawns. Capture via en passant.

Yeppers.

In the jungle you must wait, until the dice read five or eight.

Humanfactor:
In the jungle you must wait, until the dice read five or eight.

...Is it a board game?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . . . 36 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or