Clicks and Giggles: Riddle Me This

Pages PREV 1 . . . 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 . . . 33 NEXT

Jumanji
Not much of a riddle, though.

next riddle?

I guess I'll restart this.

Two doors stand before you, one leads to heaven, the other leads to hell. Guarding these two doors are two men. One says nothing but lies while the other always tells the truth. Without knowing which door leads where, and which man is the liar, how do you find the door to heaven with only one question?

(Apologies if this one has been done before in this thread but I don't feel like going through 25 pages)

Ask the question, "would the other man say this door leads to the centre of the Labyrinth, oops, I mean 'heaven'?"

This allows the liar to impact on the statement, thus giving the same answer no matter who is asked, with the answer given being false. So go through the door indicated if the answer is no, otherwise go through the other one.

Three villagers were vying to be the next wise-one of the village as the current wise-one was stepping down. To break the deadlock, the wise-one set a challenge. The three challengers were blind-folded and had a red or green dot painted on their forehead and were then placed in a circle facing one another.

The wise one spoke, "You each have either a red or a green dot painted on your forehead. Know that either one or none of you have a red dot on your forehead. You may not speak save to say a single word - that of the colour of the dot on your forehead. The first one to correctly deduce the colour of his own dot shall take my place as wise-one. Go!"

The blindfolds were then removed and the three sat looking at each other's dots and contemplating. Minutes passed, and then one challenger confidently proclaimed, "Green!"

The wise-one removed a silver mirror to show the challenger the truth. With a knowing nod the challenger handed the mirror back and claimed the title of wise-one.

The riddle is: How many red dots were there and how did the winning challenger determine the colour of the dot on their forehead to be green?

Dread Skavos:

The riddle is: How many red dots were there and how did the winning challenger determine the colour of the dot on their forehead to be green?

There were no red dots. The winner saw that neither of the other two men had red dots, for if one of them did then the other could also see the red dot and would've immediately answered green. Since neither of the losers had red, the winner could then deduce that he couldn't have a red dot, since either of the other two men would've seen it and then answered green.

(Heard a similar riddle some time back, but it involved different colored hats and prisoners)

King Henry the VIII gave his wife a bottomless container to hold flesh and blood. What was it?

You are correct, sir. Your riddle's answer is a wedding ring. That's an old classic.

The next riddle be:
Whoever makes it, tells it not.
Whoever takes it, knows it not.
Whoever knows it, wants it not.
What am I?

Fake Money?

supersheep13:
Fake Money?

Correct.

Next riddle?.

What gets wetter as it drys?. Am I allowed to post even though its not my turn?

xlemonytangx:
What gets wetter as it drys?. Am I allowed to post even though its not my turn?

Hope so, but the answer is a towel.

A similar riddle: what can go up a chimney down, but can't go down a chimney up?

Dread Skavos:

A similar riddle: what can go up a chimney down, but can't go down a chimney up?

Umbrella.

That's the one. Riddle away.

White horses up on a red hill. First they stamp and clatter, now they stand still. What are they?

irishda:
White horses up on a red hill. First they stamp and clatter, now they stand still. What are they?

Teeth.

The Thinker:

Teeth.

Proceed, sir

what 'bout my riddle?
Wasn't it my turn?

anyway, my riddle:
With pointed fangs it sits in wait,
With piercing force it doles out fate,
Over bloodless victims proclaiming its might,
Eternally joining in a single bite.
What am I?

supersheep13:
anyway, my riddle:
What am I?

I retroactively invite you to post a riddle.

Speaking of: is it a stapler?

The Thinker:

supersheep13:
anyway, my riddle:
What am I?

I retroactively invite you to post a riddle.

Speaking of: is it a stapler?

CORRECT!

Sorry for abandoning you internet! Here's a riddle, hastily cobbled together in poor taste, just for you, to make up for it:

What happens (or is said to happen) if you fold a thousand paper cranes?

No? It's okay, I can make a new one. Just ask.

The Thinker:
Sorry for abandoning you internet! Here's a riddle, hastily cobbled together in poor taste, just for you, to make up for it:

You get a really sore hand? =D

supersheep13:

The Thinker:

You get a really sore hand? =D

That... is an answer. Sure. Riddle us with riddles, good sir.

(The actual answer was "You die of cancer")

Nevermind! I'm going to post another!

When is a car not a car?

Hmmm....

When it's a jar.

MammothBlade:
Hmmm....

When it's a jar.

Smoke, but no cig- nope, no smoke either. However, you are on the smoking car of the train, if you catch my drift.

Hmm... the answer is also not "when it's a double post".

When it turns into a garage.

MammothBlade:
When it turns into a garage.

A polite clap for you, good sir and/or madam. You got it.

Excellent.

I bite yet I have no jaws; I fall yet I have no legs; I rest on the ground, until I am gone. What am I?

MammothBlade:
Excellent.

I bite yet I have no jaws; I fall yet I have no legs; I rest on the ground, until I am gone. What am I?

Snow.

The Thinker:

MammothBlade:
Excellent.

Snow.

Very close.

The Thinker:

MammothBlade:
Excellent.

Snow.

Damnit, I'll just give it to you. Frost.

MammothBlade:

The Thinker:

MammothBlade:
Excellent.

Snow.

Damnit, I'll just give it to you. Frost.

Robert?

In other news, I didn't know that frost fell.

In other other news, which side of a dog has the most fur?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 . . . 33 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here