Clicks and Giggles: Riddle Me This

Pages PREV 1 . . . 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 . . . 36 NEXT

Binnsyboy:

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Binnsyboy:

They use the boat as a lighter, right?

Well, getting closer. But no.

Like... the exhaust of the boat? Its engine or whatever you'd call it. And if you're going to be a picky asshole, they'd throw the extra cig away, because they're wasteful bastards.

Again no! >.< I can't believe no one has got this yet. Over thinking it.

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Binnsyboy:

Kungfu_Teddybear:
Well, getting closer. But no.

Like... the exhaust of the boat? Its engine or whatever you'd call it. And if you're going to be a picky asshole, they'd throw the extra cig away, because they're wasteful bastards.

They don't use matches, they use a lighter?

Binnsyboy:

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Binnsyboy:

WELL DONE! Someone finally got it! XD

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Binnsyboy:

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Alright. *shakes fist*

Three men check into a hotel, and each pay for a room. Each room costs 10. As they're in a group, the manager remembers that for every three rooms rented together, there's a 5 discount. He gives 5 to the bell boy to give back to the men. As he figures the men weren't aware, he pockets two pounds, and gives each man a pound off their room. Which means each man paid 9 for his room. 3 nines are 27. Plus the 2 the bell boy kept, is 29. Where is the missing pound?

And:

Translate this: YY U R YY U B YY U R 4 me I C

Binnsyboy:

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Binnsyboy:

Alright. *shakes fist*

Three men check into a hotel, and each pay for a room. Each room costs 10. As they're in a group, the manager remembers that for every three rooms rented together, there's a 5 discount. He gives 5 to the bell boy to give back to the men. As he figures the men weren't aware, he pockets two pounds, and gives each man a pound off their room. Which means each man paid 9 for his room. 3 nines are 27. Plus the 2 the bell boy kept, is 29. Where is the missing pound?

And:

1. um... eh... the manager dropped a pound and it rolled under his desk? >.>

2. I'm stumped.

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Binnsyboy:

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Alright. *shakes fist*

And:

um... eh... the manager dropped a pound and it rolled under his desk? >.>

2. I'm stumped.

Nope.

And ha!

Anyone else is welcome to take a crack at these, by the way.

Binnsyboy:

And:

With the manager. The Manager has 25, the Bellboy has 2, and the Men have 3.
But then, aaaarrggghhh! Numbers hurt my brain.

TheBobmus:

Binnsyboy:

And:

Indeed. It's that rare piece of maths that is incorrect taken from an angle that should logically still work.

Why Why You are why why you be why why you are for me I see?

Binnsyboy:

TheBobmus:

Binnsyboy:

And:

Indeed. It's that rare piece of maths that is incorrect taken from an angle that should logically still work.

Well, they gave the Manager 30 pounds, then he realized they each should get five back, meaning they would pay 25 for the rooms total. The bellboy pocketed two pounds, giving them three pounds back, bringing the total up to 28, plus the two pounds the bellboy pocketed make it 30. There is no last pound. It's all in the way you word it. As for the other one, I dunno.

Binnsyboy:
Alright. *shakes fist*

And:

The missing pound question has been answered already, as it isn't really a problem but a good old trick to use.
With part two, it is;
Too Wise You Are, Too Wise You Be, Too Wise For Me You Are I See.
Although the one I knew was, YYURYYUBICURYY4ME.

seeing as this seems to have stopped, lets see if we can resuscitate it.

There are 2 men walking in the desert, but neither knows each other. One of them is dying of thirst and the other has a full jug of water. The man with the jug offers the man a drink, but only if he follows three simple rules.
Rule 1 : He cannot have the jug, because it is his only one.
Rule 2 : He cannot remove the cork from the spout and drink this way.
Rule 3: He cannot poke a hole into the cork or the jug.
So, the thirsty man accepted his rules and then, he finished his drink and left. How did he do it?

Harley Q:

There are 2 men walking in the desert, but neither knows each other. One of them is dying of thirst and the other has a full jug of water. The man with the jug offers the man a drink, but only if he follows three simple rules.
So, the thirsty man accepted his rules and then, he finished his drink and left. How did he do it?

Im going to go with he took the cork out and drank the water, given that you say he accepts the rules rather than he follows them?

He completely follows the rules.

Well then, hmmm, if he cant remove the cork can he push it back into the jug?

He asks the other man to remove the cork for him.

Ninja'd

But yeah, I say the other man removes it for him. No where in the rules does it say he cant ask the other guy to do it.

He smashes the jug so neither of them have water, and the refreshment he enjoys is just a hallucination. Either that or he drank from an oasis or something instead.

He pokes a hole in the other man and drinks his blood, not only quenching his thirst for liquids but also for revenge onto the society that forced him into the desert, which he developed during the long and dry walk from the city utopia where cruel, cruel people live that force thirsty people to engage in mind games instead of giving them water.

wow that got slightly sinister

*looks at post above me* Wat?

Circular storytelling FTW!

Harley Q:

Considering that the man with the jug actually offered the thirsty man a drink i would assume the he would also open the jug himself and give the guy a drink. This way the thirsty man doesn't even have to touch the jug.

I really don't see this thread going anywhere anymore.

Well, it's been 3 weeks and no word on if we have a correct answer. New riddle!

Mr. Smith is walking outside after a successful shopping trip, and as he heads across the parking lot he sees a man getting into the Smith-mobile. He starts to run towards his car but is unable to reach it before the culprit hotwires his vehicle and speeds away. Right away he calls the cops.

A month later, the police phone him and ask him to come down to the police station. They've caught the scumbag! However, when he gets there the officer tells him, "We've actually arrested 6 suspects. We know for sure that the thief is one of them but we need you to identify which one." Mr. Smith's heart drops, and he tells the cop, "I only saw the culprit for a brief moment and there is no possible way for me to remember what he looks like". "Well, try anyway", The policeman says, and brings him into the room, at which point Mr. Smith immediately points out the crook. He is absolutely correct, but how did he know?

Were all the other suspects women?

QuietCupOfTea:
Were all the other suspects women?

Bingo! I love that riddle. You're up!

Oh, I really didn't expect to get that one right.

I don't really know any riddles, but I asked a friend who gave me this one:

A lady shoots her husband.
She then holds him underwater for over 5 minutes.
At last, she hangs him.
But five minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together.
How is this possible?

If someone's already posted it before me, I apologise. :)

QuietCupOfTea:
Oh, I really didn't expect to get that one right.

I don't really know any riddles, but I asked a friend who gave me this one:

A lady shoots her husband.
She then holds him underwater for over 5 minutes.
At last, she hangs him.
But five minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together.
How is this possible?

If someone's already posted it before me, I apologise. :)

Um, is she taking an old-timey photo of him? The kind that you soak and then hang up in a dark room to develop?

NinjaSniperAssassin:

Um, is she taking an old-timey photo of him? The kind that you soak and then hang up in a dark room to develop?

Yes! Correct! Your go.

Alright, here's one I needed help to decipher:

Five hundred begins it, five hundred ends it,
Five in the middle is seen;
First of all letters, the first of all figures,
Take up their stations between.
Join all together, and then you will bring
Before you the name of an eminent king.

King Arthur?

Nope!

NinjaSniperAssassin:
Alright, here's one I needed help to decipher:

Five hundred begins it, five hundred ends it,
Five in the middle is seen;
First of all letters, the first of all figures,
Take up their stations between.
Join all together, and then you will bring
Before you the name of an eminent king.

David?

Well done! King David is indeed the answer!

All about, but cannot be seen,
Can be captured, cannot be held,
No throat, but can be heard.

Harley Q:
All about, but cannot be seen,
Can be captured, cannot be held,
No throat, but can be heard.

The wind/air?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 . . . 36 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67365)