Clicks and Giggles: Riddle Me This

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 36 NEXT

Right, Your move!

I have never been, and yet I am. You never see me, but I am here given time. I can bear you nothing, and yet hold the world for some.
What am I?

No time like the present? Maybe? Haha.

I was just waiting for confirmation that I was right. I figure I was, but wanted to make sure...

Well, building on the previous, is it the future?

Close, but no.

Building still, how 'bout tomorrow?

That's the one.

Awww, I even knew the answer and I was too late. I need to keep a closer watch on this thread.

Yay!

Okay, here's what I've got:

Pronounced as one letter and written with three, two letters there are and two only in me. I'm double, I'm single. I'm black, blue and gray. I'm read from both ends and the same either way. What am I?

eye

That was quick.

Your move.

There once was an evil wizard. He took 3 woman from their homes and turned them into rose bushes that looked exactly alike. He put them in his garden. One of the woman had a husband and children and begged the wizard to let her see them. He agreed. At night, he brought the woman to her house. In the morning he came and took her home. One day the husband decided to go rescue her. So he snuck into the wizard's garden. He looked and looked at the 3 identical rose bushes trying to figure out which could be his wife. Suddenly, he knew the answer and he took his wife home. How did he know which rose bush was his wife?

He picked the one that had been recently removed from the ground and put back, judging by the loose ground around the bush.

CounterAttack:
He picked the one that had been recently removed from the ground and put back, judging by the loose ground around the bush.

Nope.

While the woman was home, one of the children went to the garden and saw which bush was missing.

Um... the flowers hadn't bloomed yet?

All wrong. Hint: focus on the fact that the woman returns in the morning, whereas the two rose bushes are out all night.

The dew on the bush isnt there, wasn't there at night.

Correct.

Solve this riddle... A headless man had a letter to write; It was read by a man who had lost his sight. The dumb repeated it word for word; And deaf was he who listened and heard.

It is zero. The man had nothing to write, he is dead.
The blind could read nothing.
The person who was dumb could repeat nothing.
The deaf man listened and heard nothing.

Right, your go.

There is a green glass door and only some things can go through it. A kitten can go through but a cat cant. A tree can go through but a leaf cant. A egg can go through but a chicken cant. why?

(This is the real one)

It is easy

The door only accepts objects that have a double letter in their name. As another example, coffee would be allowed in, but tea would not.

Correct

A man is placed in a jail cell overnight. The cell walls, floor and ceiling are blank concrete with no windows and no doors; there is just him and a bed built into one wall. The next morning the jailers find no-one in the cell. How did the man escape?

He took the bed off the wall and jumped through!

Nope.

His sentence was up. "Overnight"

That's not it.

He shouted til his voice was sore and used the saw to cut the bed in half.
Then he put the two halves of a bed back together to make a whole.
Then he jumped through the hole in the wall!

It makes sense.

If this does turn out to be right, which I seriously, seriously, seriously doubt, someone else can post a riddle. =P

Another incorrect answer. While plausible - apart from the fact that the bed is built into the wall, but I digress - it's not the one I'm looking for.

He was never in the cell in the first place. If there are no windows and no doors, and solid concrete walls, there is no way for him to have been put in the cell.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 36 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here