Clicks and Giggles: Riddle Me This

Pages PREV 1 . . . 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 NEXT

Shax:
Here's a pretty good one that, as far as I know, hasn't been used yet:

Two brothers we are, great burdens we bear, all day we are bitterly pressed; Yet this I will say - we are full all the day, and empty when we go to rest. What are we?

I was really tempted to say the sun and the moon, but it wouldn't make any sense at all .. After a good amount of pondering, though, I'd like to submit my answer.

It must be either shoes, as they come in pairs (at least normally ^^), and are mostly used during daytime, or it could be your bladder and stomach ... But that's not as - decent .. is it?

Chorcon:

Shax:
Here's a pretty good one that, as far as I know, hasn't been used yet:

Two brothers we are, great burdens we bear, all day we are bitterly pressed; Yet this I will say - we are full all the day, and empty when we go to rest. What are we?

I was really tempted to say the sun and the moon, but it wouldn't make any sense at all .. After a good amount of pondering, though, I'd like to submit my answer.

It must be either shoes, as they come in pairs (at least normally ^^), and are mostly used during daytime, or it could be your bladder and stomach ... But that's not as - decent .. is it?

You're correct, sir! The answer was indeed a pair of shoes. Your turn.

Once in a million,
twice in a moment,
but never - in a thousand years!

Chorcon:
Once in a million,
twice in a moment,
but never - in a thousand years!

Is it the letter "M"?

Shax:
Is it the letter "M"?

It is indeed, good sir! Now, hit us with your best shot!

Alright, I just found this one, and I think it's pretty good.

Break it and it is better, immediately set and harder to break again.

I'll have to think about this one, buddy..!!
In the meanwhile .. Feel free to come with your suggestions, everyone .. no need to be shy!! :P

Shax:

A record.

MrCollins:

Shax:

A record.

Yep, you got it. Your turn.

What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?

MrCollins:
What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?

A towel?

Shax:
the right answer

Damm, that was quick. Yep, your go.

I am sometimes strong and sometimes weak, but I am nobody's fool. For there is no language that I cannot speak, though I never went to school. What am I?

Love?

djmanat:
Love?

Nope. Feel free to keep guessing. I'll give the correct answer if nobody gets it in two more guesses, so we can move on to another riddle.

Shax:
I am sometimes strong and sometimes weak, but I am nobody's fool. For there is no language that I cannot speak, though I never went to school. What am I?

Music?

kailus13:

Shax:

Music?

Nope. You're closer than the last guess, though.

Echoes. Don't have a riddle to post, though. Whoever wants to can go next.

SamtheDeathclaw:
Echoes. Don't have a riddle to post, though. Whoever wants to can go next.

Indeed, sir, you are correct. If you don't have a riddle, then yes, someone else go ahead and post.

Here a riddle. What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a bed but never sleeps, and has a head but never weeps?

Apologies if this has been done before.

Professor James:
Here a riddle. What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a bed but never sleeps, and has a head but never weeps?

I'm glad somebody finally posted :D It feels like it's been forever! Or maybe just 11 days. Eh, they're close.

Anyway, is the answer "a river"?

Shax:

Professor James:

I'm glad somebody finally posted :D It feels like it's been forever! Or maybe just 11 days. Eh, they're close.

Anyway, is the answer "a river"?

Correct, someone else do another riddle.

Although my cow is dead, I still beat her... what a racket she makes! Of what do I speak?

Your wife?

(Kidding)
My actual guess is boxing gloves.

Shax:
Although my cow is dead, I still beat her... what a racket she makes! Of what do I speak?

Cowbell!

kailus13:

Shax:

Cowbell!

In one way, you're on the right track. However, the answer doesn't involve any objects attached to the cow.

Shax:

Bagpipes?

kailus13:

Shax:

Bagpipes?

Nope. You were closer with "cowbell". You seem to have it figured out that it's musical in some way, so that's a good start.

Shax:

A drum!

kailus13:

Shax:

A drum!

Yep, you got it. Your turn.

What goes up but never comes down?

kailus13:

Your age?

This thing runs but cannot walk, sometimes sings but never talks.
Lacks arms, has hands; lacks a head but has a face.

Professor James:

kailus13:

Your age?

This thing runs but cannot walk, sometimes sings but never talks.
Lacks arms, has hands; lacks a head but has a face.

Correct.

A clock?

Let's assume clock is correct. It's been a while. ^^

Just to keep this thread going, I'll post a simple mathematical question, rather than a riddle. kailus13, looking forward to your riddle! :D

You find before you a chess table. A chess table has 64 squares.
in the first square, you will put one coin, in the second, you will put two.
At the third square, you double the number of coins - you put four coins.
the fourth square will have eight, the fifth sisxteen.

You double the amount of coins for every square. How many grains will there be on the chess table in total?

The answer might blow your mind!

1 x 2^65 = 3.689348815 x 10^19
0r about 36,893,488,150,000,000,000 coins or grains of rice, give or take 10,000,000,000.

This topic is actually what made me aware of this page.
I was looking for a riddle to give someone and found this page.
So far I have read every riddle posted here.
The one about the river "I run but never walk, I have a mouth yet never talk" is used the most.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here