Sporky111:
Youth?

Close.

imagination?

spartan1077:
imagination?

Sorry,incorrect.

Sir Strange Of The House Lycan:
Never ahead, ever behind, yet flying swiftly past; for a child, I last forever; for an adult, I`m gone too fast. What am I?

Childhood. Kids want to grow up fast, while adults wish they were young again.

Yiyitama:

Never ahead, ever behind, yet flying swiftly past; for a child, I last forever; for an adult, I`m gone too fast. What am I?

Closest yet,but no.

Yiyitama:

Closest yet,but no.

Can I take another stab at it and say "innocence"? As in "child-like innocence"?

Yiyitama:

Yiyitama:

Closest yet,but no.

Can I take another stab at it and say "innocence"? As in "child-like innocence"?

That a lot colder than the first one,so no.

CounterAttack:
-Shout to-

Have another go,no one else is here.

I'll take you up on that and say Time.

CounterAttack:

CounterAttack:
-Shout to-

Have another go,no one else is here.

I'll take you up on that and say Time.

Looked it up did you?
And yes.

I didn't look it up; that was a pure guess on my part.

Jimmy, scheduled for execution that day, is placed in a room with two other men, each standing behind an electric chair. A voice over the intercom tells Jimmy that one of the two men always tells the truth, and the other always lies. Also, one chair is hooked up to the power supply, while the other is not, and he has no way of telling which is which in either case.

The intercom tells Jimmy that he may ask one of the two men one question before he chooses the chair in which he sits. He is only allowed one question, and may only ask one man. If he chooses the wired chair, he dies, but if he picks the non-wired one, he is free to go. What question does Jimmy ask - either man - in order to survive?

He asks both of them what would the other person say was the right chair.

He can only ask one man. Was that not clear? I'll edit if so.

Edit: Updated. Feel free to have another guess, Lycan.

If he knows what man tell the truth and what man tells the lie he asks the man who always tells the truth which seat the man who always tells the lie would say is electrocuted

He doesn't know who is who:

CounterAttack:
A voice over the intercom tells Jimmy that one of the two men always tells the truth, and the other always lies. Also, one chair is hooked up to the power supply, while the other is not, and he has no way of telling which is which in either case.

ohhhh okay then welll gimme a sec.

EDIT SO no one can steal this answer and the reason

spartan1077:
You ask one person "Which chair would the other person tell me to sit on" and take the opposite one

1) Not the answer I was looking for.
2) One guess per person.
3) The answer should also come with an explanation as to why the question is asked.

CounterAttack:
snip

You ask one man if he was lying which chair was the good chair. The man who tells the truth will point to the bad chair while the liar would also point to the same chair because he can only tell lies. So regardless of who you ask you will just choose the chair they pick.

deonte9109:
You ask one man if he was lying which chair was the good chair. The man who tells the truth will point to the bad chair while the liar would also point to the same chair because he can only tell lies. So regardless of who you ask you will just choose the chair they pick.

That doesn't make any sense. Could you please explain that further?

CounterAttack:

deonte9109:

That doesn't make any sense. Could you please explain that further?

My bad I meant to say that whichever chair they pick you choose the opposite. The liar would be in a double negative situation so if he is asked to lie about something then its the truth. The truthful man when asked to lie can only tell the truth if he lies.

deonte9109:
My bad I meant to say that whichever chair they pick you choose the opposite. The liar would be in a double negative situation so if he is asked to lie about something then its the truth. The truthful man when asked to lie can only tell the truth if he lies.

That's just confusing me more. Both of them would be giving answers contradictory to their nature, and thus your answer is incorrect.

CounterAttack:

That's just confusing me more. Both of them would be giving answers contradictory to their nature, and thus your answer is incorrect.

Be it as it may, because of their nature they would be forced to point to the wired chair. But I will concede defeat if this isnt the right answer.

Simple. You ask "Which chair will the other person suggest to me is the good chair?" and take the opposite. If you ask the truthful man, he will point to the bad chair, and you get the opposite, good chair. Ask the liar, and he will point to the bad chair. And then you take the opposite, good chair.

That's as correct as I'm gonna get. All yours.

What can drive a man to murder,
and another one to a better life?
What is the most fundamental force in life,
and also, the least understood?
Everyone knows of it, but few ever know it.

What is love?

Though the question form is unnecessary, that is correct.

deonte9109:
What is love?

Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me. No more...

Yay my turn. There is an old man and his three sons. The old sensing death is close tells his sons that in order to decide who will inherit his wealth they must pass a test. He gives his sons some coins and tell them they must find something that can fill a room. The first son bought some feathers and the second son bought some seed. The third brother went into a small shop and got two items. When the time came, the first son's feathers only covered a quarter of the room. The second brother's seed only covered half of the room. The third bnrother used his items and filled the room. What was the third brother's two items?

A match and paper? So he could fill the room with smoke?

Technically not the answer I was looking for but extremely close.

a match and paper to fill the room with light?

yes sir

imagine you are in a box with no possible exit, how do you get out.

Sorry if this is too easy :p

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 36 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or