If you woke up in the same bed as the above avatar.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 . . . 1769 NEXT

What?

@Xmbts: *Cuddles*
Make it stop :(

@Ankara: *Hugs*

I can't.

@Xmbts: *Cuddles and sobs*

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!

Eeeekkkkk....
O.O

*Is on fire*

...Ow.

@Xmbts: *Puts fire out*

*Is slightly charred*

UnusualStranger:

aprilmarie:

You know I keep doing that and I keep getting rejected. And I've been doing it for over a year. *sighs* I hate job hunting.

Hunting for jobs is a lot more creative than most people give it credit for. You have to be smart about what you do. The words you choose to use in some resume's over others. How you answer the questions to those online personality quizzes, and to NOT let youself think that you are above (or below) any job. Talk yourself up to a point where you seem to be made for the job they want you to do.

My problem is actually more I'm not willing to kiss someone's ass to the extent people out here want. In other words make my very professional look turn to what is deemed as "slutty" and be willing to either have sex or suck some one's dick just to get a job. That all goes beneath my morals and ethics. And if I answer every one of those the same as I have since they started being used and got hired at Disney of all places which has one of the stricter hiring rules of anyone I should technically be able to be hired anywhere. They're cunts out here for hiring. If you're not drop dead gorgeous or willing to abandon your morals and ethics then you're unemployable. Or have a Bachelor's degree in random ass shite. And all the years of experience I have for the job deem me "over qualified" for most jobs. Also, our employers out here don't look at online applications 99% of the time. Unless it is a city/county job and then I'm underqualified for everything. Including cashier positions which I've had mostly all those for the past 8 years.

aprilmarie:

My problem is actually more I'm not willing to kiss someone's ass to the extent people out here want. In other words make my very professional look turn to what is deemed as "slutty" and be willing to either have sex or suck some one's dick just to get a job. That all goes beneath my morals and ethics. And if I answer every one of those the same as I have since they started being used and got hired at Disney of all places which has one of the stricter hiring rules of anyone I should technically be able to be hired anywhere. They're cunts out here for hiring. If you're not drop dead gorgeous or willing to abandon your morals and ethics then you're unemployable. Or have a Bachelor's degree in random ass shite. And all the years of experience I have for the job deem me "over qualified" for most jobs. Also, our employers out here don't look at online applications 99% of the time. Unless it is a city/county job and then I'm underqualified for everything. Including cashier positions which I've had mostly all those for the past 8 years.

Then this is the part that kinda hurts. Don't be "slutty", cause you know as well as I do that it will not really get you any further than the job you got (even if it plays pretty big in the workplace, funny enough.)

However, you CANNOT consider yourself being able to be hired anywheres. It is an employer market for a reason, because they can be somewhat choosy about who they are going to pick up, and they want to pick up someone who will not jump ship the second something bigger shows up, and also get the feeling that you are reasonably important, and will get along with other people. It is somewhat about sucking up, but mostly that just comes from the interview things that happen. You have to look damn good to them, and otherwise will be just fine.

And I am sure they are jerks, and say that overqualified stuffs all the time. Then take some of it off. They can't use the line if you actually don't let them know about it. Everyone has to lie to get somewhere these days, and in this case you need to make sure that you are sounding proper for the job. Don't put down all of your experiences and qualifications. Give them a taste, not a history. And also, education is always important to employers. They want up to date workers, who are willing to stay that way. You need to make sure that you stay presentable, and that you keep your options open reasonably for other people.

Yeah, I'm sure some of them are real bastards around there, but I know that not ALL of them are. It is like claiming ALL politicians are evil scumbags. It just isn't the case. It takes a lot of luck and skills and creative writing to get work these days, but as long as you keep it up, and don't look horribly plain while doing it, eventually someone will pick you up.

Um... Hi? >.>
*Doesn't know how derailed the thread may be*
<.<

Usually.

I see...

Smagmuck_:
*Doesn't know how derailed the thread may be*
<.<

You're only twenty days older than me, Red. :P

Smagmuck_:
You're only twenty days older than me, Red. :P

New to the thread, clearly. :P

@Xmbts: *Cuddles carefully*

@Red: O.O

@Ankara: O.O

@Red: o.o

@Topaz: >.>
<.<

^.^

:o

o_O'

=^_^=

*Pets the kitty*

*Rocks some boats, then boats some rocks*

UnusualStranger:

Then this is the part that kinda hurts. Don't be "slutty", cause you know as well as I do that it will not really get you any further than the job you got (even if it plays pretty big in the workplace, funny enough.)

However, you CANNOT consider yourself being able to be hired anywheres. It is an employer market for a reason, because they can be somewhat choosy about who they are going to pick up, and they want to pick up someone who will not jump ship the second something bigger shows up, and also get the feeling that you are reasonably important, and will get along with other people. It is somewhat about sucking up, but mostly that just comes from the interview things that happen. You have to look damn good to them, and otherwise will be just fine.

And I am sure they are jerks, and say that overqualified stuffs all the time. Then take some of it off. They can't use the line if you actually don't let them know about it. Everyone has to lie to get somewhere these days, and in this case you need to make sure that you are sounding proper for the job. Don't put down all of your experiences and qualifications. Give them a taste, not a history. And also, education is always important to employers. They want up to date workers, who are willing to stay that way. You need to make sure that you stay presentable, and that you keep your options open reasonably for other people.

Yeah, I'm sure some of them are real bastards around there, but I know that not ALL of them are. It is like claiming ALL politicians are evil scumbags. It just isn't the case. It takes a lot of luck and skills and creative writing to get work these days, but as long as you keep it up, and don't look horribly plain while doing it, eventually someone will pick you up.

How would tellingme not to be slutty hurt? Being slutty goes against all of my personal and professional morals and values. It wasn't something I was planning on doing. I'm just planning on expanding my job search area farther than would be good for minimum wage positions in which I'm actually making money not spending it all on gas...And to be fair, the majority of employers who are "hiring" out here are bastards. The ones who aren't are unfortunately really small companies and can't afford any more employees or some of them would hire me. The most I do is just put on a nice conservative-ish blouse and either my long skirt that hits about mid calf or my black dress trousers and either all black shoes of some sort or my conservative looking heels(not too high closed toe etc) and some makeup on and put spacers in in place of my piercings and style my hair nicely. That's about all I do look wise for jobs. It doesn't help that two companies(Sears/Kmart which are owned by the same people) have it so I can never work there so that's two places that I can't apply at period but there's still plenty of other places I can potentially work.

SckizoBoy:
o_O'

you!

Redlin5:
^.^

did we finally stop banning ourself?

@xmbts *cuddles*

aprilmarie:

Redlin5:
^.^

did we finally stop banning ourself?

We'll see next week if I get this job or not. If not, I'm gone again. Because I'm optimistic about getting this job I'll post until then.

*emoticon*

aprilmarie:

How would tellingme not to be slutty hurt? Being slutty goes against all of my personal and professional morals and values. It wasn't something I was planning on doing. I'm just planning on expanding my job search area farther than would be good for minimum wage positions in which I'm actually making money not spending it all on gas...And to be fair, the majority of employers who are "hiring" out here are bastards. The ones who aren't are unfortunately really small companies and can't afford any more employees or some of them would hire me. The most I do is just put on a nice conservative-ish blouse and either my long skirt that hits about mid calf or my black dress trousers and either all black shoes of some sort or my conservative looking heels(not too high closed toe etc) and some makeup on and put spacers in in place of my piercings and style my hair nicely. That's about all I do look wise for jobs. It doesn't help that two companies(Sears/Kmart which are owned by the same people) have it so I can never work there so that's two places that I can't apply at period but there's still plenty of other places I can potentially work.

Not precisely what I mean, but that works just fine.

Yes, with piercing and stuffs that would somewhat limit your employment opportunities. Those can only really be placed on yourself....Apologies, but it is a bad idea for such things to be done at most points in the lifespan until you are quite secure.

Anyways, Min Wage jobs are possibly the best bet at the moment. Hell, being simply employed is a good start, as most employers just like to know that you are able to work, and all that stuffs. I know, the work sucks and things probably don't look very well, but just trying to get some form of employment is a start. Your dress and stuff is all you can do for the moment, and as long as it is clean and the like as you describe it, then it is fine. What stands up is what you are doing, and how you are doing it.

Not knowing your personality, and all that other stuff, I am not in a position to ultimately tell what you are doing, or how you are doing it or what questions you are asking them. But, I can only assume that something is out of place or wrong. But again, that is just an assumption.

UnusualStranger:
*Rocks some boats, then boats some rocks*

3,470,085,303,450,893,475,908,437,509,834,758,347,850,347,503,475,498,830,345,780,934,095,730 people die every day because of rock boating. Don't even joke about that, man.

And that, good sir, is exactly why I rock boats. It needs to be done, otherwise things will just get out of hand. Needs to be done. I mean, know of anything else that gets that number done?

Wishing you had a waifu that sounded like LillyPichu.

aprilmarie:
you!

Yes, me... me, me, me, me, me...

How you been?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 . . . 1769 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked