If you woke up in the same bed as the above avatar.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 . . . 1769 NEXT

@Xmbts: Mew~ =^_^=

*Pets teh kitty!*
:3

Kittehs are good for petting.

*pets Ankara*

@Red - hey, how's the job huntin' goin'?

@Sckizo: I'm set up for another interview at the same place sometime next week so I may have a job.

@Red and Sac: *Purrs happily*

@Red - coolio, best of luck!

@Ankara - *dresses up with monocle and mini-top hat* =P

@Schizo: *glomps*

@Mammy - ...(!) =P

If only it was your avatar doing it... yes, I'm into stalker types... >_> ... <_<

*runs away*

Redlin5:

aprilmarie:

Redlin5:
^.^

did we finally stop banning ourself?

We'll see next week if I get this job or not. If not, I'm gone again. Because I'm optimistic about getting this job I'll post until then.

*emoticon*

That's good to hear. Good luck.

SckizoBoy:

aprilmarie:
you!

Yes, me... me, me, me, me, me...

How you been?

Surviving. Starting Monday I am being banned for two weeks to go out and job hunt and not lurking around the forums and such. you?

UnusualStranger:

Not precisely what I mean, but that works just fine.

Yes, with piercing and stuffs that would somewhat limit your employment opportunities. Those can only really be placed on yourself....Apologies, but it is a bad idea for such things to be done at most points in the lifespan until you are quite secure.

Anyways, Min Wage jobs are possibly the best bet at the moment. Hell, being simply employed is a good start, as most employers just like to know that you are able to work, and all that stuffs. I know, the work sucks and things probably don't look very well, but just trying to get some form of employment is a start. Your dress and stuff is all you can do for the moment, and as long as it is clean and the like as you describe it, then it is fine. What stands up is what you are doing, and how you are doing it.

Not knowing your personality, and all that other stuff, I am not in a position to ultimately tell what you are doing, or how you are doing it or what questions you are asking them. But, I can only assume that something is out of place or wrong. But again, that is just an assumption.

I know one of the things that's wrong but that comes down to getting an actual interview and just getting that far is hard enough. The one thing I know is wrong that I have been working on trying to fix for the past 4 years now and still haven't fixed is looking people in the eyes. Not at the wall behind them or their forehead in between their eyes. And not stuttering when I finally do.Or losing my train of thought. That is a work in progress though....

aprilmarie:

I know one of the things that's wrong but that comes down to getting an actual interview and just getting that far is hard enough. The one thing I know is wrong that I have been working on trying to fix for the past 4 years now and still haven't fixed is looking people in the eyes. Not at the wall behind them or their forehead in between their eyes. And not stuttering when I finally do.Or losing my train of thought. That is a work in progress though....

Well, I agree with that. Getting an interview alone is quite the challenge, and that is through no fault of your own sometimes. However, I think perhaps the chances of that happening relies on yourself to a point. Having the proper words in the resume and cover letter, knowing what you want and what they are looking for, and things of that nature.

And you don't really need to look at their eyes. I don't think I ever do that, largely because it is simply uncomfortable. Just look at them as a whole, don't stare at any particular part. Just look. Stuttering is just language, which just takes some long speaking to get used to.

UnusualStranger:

aprilmarie:

Well, I agree with that. Getting an interview alone is quite the challenge, and that is through no fault of your own sometimes. However, I think perhaps the chances of that happening relies on yourself to a point. Having the proper words in the resume and cover letter, knowing what you want and what they are looking for, and things of that nature.

And you don't really need to look at their eyes. I don't think I ever do that, largely because it is simply uncomfortable. Just look at them as a whole, don't stare at any particular part. Just look. Stuttering is just language, which just takes some long speaking to get used to.

If it were just the stuttering I don't think it would be a problem. It is combined with me losing my train of thought and not knowing what I was talking about which then reverts me into shy quiet girl mode. Also as far as how I look, this was the last time I went out for an interview

@Sckizo: Mew? O.o

aprilmarie:
Surviving. Starting Monday I am being banned for two weeks to go out and job hunt and not lurking around the forums and such. you?

*hugs* All the best.

And don't call it 'banned' too many negative connotations with that... :/ Call it 'taking a leave of absence'.

As for me... still rummaging around for studentships (failed an interview... :( earlier this week), working and gaming... a bit...

@Ankara - s'cute... heehee! X3

@Sckizo: >.>

ROLE PLAY!

O.o

MysteriousStranger:
ROLE PLAY!

^ This ^^

O.O
*Runs away and hides*

aprilmarie:

If it were just the stuttering I don't think it would be a problem. It is combined with me losing my train of thought and not knowing what I was talking about which then reverts me into shy quiet girl mode. Also as far as how I look, this was the last time I went out for an interview
[spoiler]
absolutely no piercings in. this is about what I look like. What looks like an earring behind my ear is just a random strand of hair that decided it wouldn't cooperate and I didn't have another bobby pin to help put my hair into place.

My hairstyle in the first photo is just simple bun which is nice/professional and one of the few things I can get my hair to do without essentially putting enough hairspray on my hair to make a helmet....

Heh...Well, I didn't expect quite that many pictures in that! But regardless, it seems that perhaps you just need to work on thought trains and concentration. Course, becoming super shy isn't too big of an issue, I guess. As long as you keep answering questions. Just make sure you to be learned, and understand what you are applying for. That, and maybe you should look for some slightly shorter hair. The trick about job hunting is appearing as they WANT you to be. Not to look how YOU want to be. Largely because you can't pay yourself to be employed. But anyways, you just gotta try your hand at prediction, and hope that you choose correctly in choosing something that the boss is looking for.

What the fuck is that!?

It's stranger :3

New people... <.<

Old people -walks in with a zimmer frame-

SckizoBoy:

aprilmarie:

*hugs* All the best.

And don't call it 'banned' too many negative connotations with that... :/ Call it 'taking a leave of absence'.

As for me... still rummaging around for studentships (failed an interview... :( earlier this week), working and gaming... a bit...

I got irritated at you the other day cause you showed up as online on skype for like 3 seconds and then signed off :\

UnusualStranger:

Heh...Well, I didn't expect quite that many pictures in that! But regardless, it seems that perhaps you just need to work on thought trains and concentration. Course, becoming super shy isn't too big of an issue, I guess. As long as you keep answering questions. Just make sure you to be learned, and understand what you are applying for. That, and maybe you should look for some slightly shorter hair. The trick about job hunting is appearing as they WANT you to be. Not to look how YOU want to be. Largely because you can't pay yourself to be employed. But anyways, you just gotta try your hand at prediction, and hope that you choose correctly in choosing something that the boss is looking for.

If I had the money to cut my hair, believe me I would. Unfortunately I can only cut it so short before I start looking ridiculous or like a boy. Trust me. I can dig up photographic proof if needed but just trust that I've had my hair length from really short to what it is now. If I could I'd cut my hair to just below my shoulder blades. Nice length, easy to manage and can still look nice. But regardless of hair length, my hair still does whatever the fuck it wants so if that is why you suggested cutting my hair...yeah its tempermental as hell and will only do a few things without the assist of hairspray and lots of it. I actually have been in positions where I know more about the company than the person interviewing me does and still haven't gotten the job so I know that certainly isn't the problem. I like to do my research on companies I apply to. Unfortunately I can almost never come up with questions apart from "about how long until I should hear from you"

Simple:

Pff.

Damn, now I want to drop what I'm doing and go fawn over Roy for a few hours. >.<

@Lazy: O.O

@Pyra: You! O.O
*pounce cuddles*

@Xmbts: *Cuddles*

@Ankara: *Glomps*

@Mammoth: *Falls over* Eep...

aprilmarie:
I got irritated at you the other day cause you showed up as online on skype for like 3 seconds and then signed off :\

Sorry... :( was just checking after a particular friend using all networking media I knew of... she wasn't on skype at the time so I logged off without thinking.

Do much this Easter weekend?

aprilmarie:

If I had the money to cut my hair, believe me I would. Unfortunately I can only cut it so short before I start looking ridiculous or like a boy. Trust me. I can dig up photographic proof if needed but just trust that I've had my hair length from really short to what it is now. If I could I'd cut my hair to just below my shoulder blades. Nice length, easy to manage and can still look nice. But regardless of hair length, my hair still does whatever the fuck it wants so if that is why you suggested cutting my hair...yeah its tempermental as hell and will only do a few things without the assist of hairspray and lots of it. I actually have been in positions where I know more about the company than the person interviewing me does and still haven't gotten the job so I know that certainly isn't the problem. I like to do my research on companies I apply to. Unfortunately I can almost never come up with questions apart from "about how long until I should hear from you"

No money for a haircut? I think you are scraping the bottom more than I am. However, that is another thing to worry about another time.

So, your hair is blah blah blah. Nothing to it. However, I think the biggest problem that I can see is that you just don't know any other questions. Think of ones that are kind of important. "How much does the job need me to get around" or, "What kind of hours would I be getting" or, "The benefits I might receive" or if you are feeling courageous "chances for payraises or expansion?" Just a lot of little things that you might be able to do

And one other thing. Don't act like you know all about the company. No matter what you read and stuffs....you just can't know all there is to know about them. Just be cautious in what you answer and how you answer it.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 . . . 1769 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked