Truth or False?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 739 NEXT

True.

The person below is wearing ear buds.

False

The person below has had a night where they've made over 60 posts in a night.

True? I think. Maybe around 60.

The person below is bewildered by something behind them right now.

False.

The person below has joined the publisher club.

false, but i will on the 7th of december.

The person below joined the site after me.

True.

The person below would cut off their right arm for a dare.

False I need my right arm. (No not for that, wipe that smirk of your face.)

The person below hates being in a large crowd.

True. Especially when I go out to see a movie... SHUT THAT KID UP DAMN IT!

The person below me thinks I am a horrible person because of this.

Absolutely false. I despise small children in movie theaters, and movie talkers in general.

The person below me has typed the words "I have lost faith in humanity" or something of the sort, and they should be despised for this. You don't get to debate the second part of this.

False, I haven't lost any faith in humanity but there are a select few people who I really hate.

The person below me owns a PS3 Xbox 360 and a Wii.

False. I've never typed those words, though, at points when I get really depressed and read about something horrible or incredibly stupid happening in the world, I have thought those words... Bring on the hate, you ignorant fuck.

The next person will try to read my 4 badges as: "Frozen Heart! Watch out!!!!!!! There's a Wizard on fire!"

False, I pay little attention to badges.

The person below is awesome

True. I have nothing else to say about that.

The person below me....Wait a second.

TheDoctor455:
False. I've never typed those words, though, at points when I get really depressed and read about something horrible or incredibly stupid happening in the world, I have thought those words... Bring on the hate, you ignorant fuck.

Did you just call me an ignorant fuck? Because if so, I'd like to know what kind of authority you have to make that statement, kind sir.

Anyway....The person below me has a ipod within reach.

False. I don't even have an ipod.

The person below me has mixed the remaining left over of people's drinks into one glass at parties as they were running out of supplies of the said drink.

False, if you're still at a party when it's low on supplies, you either didn't bring NEARLY enough beer, or the cops are about to show up.(Because there's a LOT of drunk people by then, and the party police is ever-vigilant.) At least where I live.

EDIT: SHIT! Uh...The person below me is going to remind me to put a "the person below me" criteria in my post.

False, I didn't notice.

The person below me used to play with a rubber duck in the bath. (or still does?)

False

The person below me enjoys music that isn't from their country.

Hmm....Let's bring up itunes here, and......Nope, it's all American.

The person below me can currently see some sort of large natural formation, like a mountain or the ocean.

True. Clutch, Voltaire, Anastacia, Scissor Sisters, and a bunch of anime songs to boot.

The person below me wears socks with toes.

False. I live in a small village in the centre of England and I am the furthest point away from any part of the sea.

The person below me wears socks with toes.

False.

The person below me isn't wearing shoes.

True. Wouldn't wear shoes inside the house.

The person below me loves candy floss.

False. My shoes are awesome. I know that wasn't the question, but I'm just saying...awesome.

False.

The person below me would know what I was talking about if I said "Don't think about elephants."

(Hint: It's not elephants.)

False. I don't have a clue.

The person below me probably knows what he is on about. (not fair if the guy above me is now the guy below me >_<)

True, it's Inception. What rock have you been under?

The person below me NOW knows what I'm talking about.

False, I still have not gotten round to even seeing Inception.

The person below me has already planned what he/she could use as a weapon if attacked in their bedroom.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:
True. I have nothing else to say about that.

The person below me....Wait a second.

TheDoctor455:

Did you just call me an ignorant fuck? Because if so, I'd like to know what kind of authority you have to make that statement, kind sir.

By the authority of exaggeration, hyperbole, and parody.

You see, you're statement that "anyone who has lost faith in humanity deserves to be universally despised, and they can't argue against being despised"... without of course providing a reason as to WHY they can't argue against being despised.

My problem with your argument is that saying that anyone who has EVER thought or written the words "I have lost faith in humanity" should be despised is like saying that everyone who has ever considered suicide should be universally hated.

While I can't argue against "all people" who have EVER thought or written "I have lost faith in humanity", I can say that from my own experience, I never actually mean that I have lost ALL faith in humanity... I am simply letting my frustrations with my life and various events I have read about (like the Atheist billboards that were vandalized, or the fact that the US just wasted 8 years in a war that was largely unfounded). My point is that it is actually very common for someone to say, think, or write that, however, I seriously doubt that many people who do this actually lose ALL faith in humanity... largely because 1) they are human as well, and 2) If they are still alive -haven't killed themselves to escape the stupidity -, then they haven't lost all faith yet.

Calling you a "fuck" was a means of getting your attention.
The "ignorant" bit was to point out that you were making a blanket statement that could never stand up under scrutiny, and which betrayed a certain level of ignorance. The "fuck" bit was not meant as an insult, simply to get your attention and to get you to question what you think you know. There is nothing wrong with being ignorant, we are all ignorant of many things, and will likely die ignorant of many things, however, but this doesn't matter as long as one continually attempts to keep learning something new at every opportunity.

The people who willfully keep themselves ignorant are the ones who really do deserve some scorn... like Fox News for example... or this guy: http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-already-knows-everything-he-needs-to-know-abou,17990/

I apologize for calling you an "ignorant fuck", not meant as an insult, it was merely a test, and you passed. (This isn't a measure of arrogance on my part, this is something I put EVERYONE through at some point, because I don't tend to want to hang around people who shut themselves away from learning... because they tend to be the sort of people ideally suited for joining a mob mentality. I perform these kinds of "tests" -I hate to use that word, but its the closest I have for what I'm doing - as a defense mechanism... or rather, a means of analyzing people I encounter to determine how much of a potential threat they pose... if meeting in person, I would perform further "tests" along different lines. I do not like to be around people I percieve as dangerous. It's a perfectly rational mode of self-preservation.)

By "passed" that means that you wanted to know why I was addressing you as such.
You would have "failed" if you had blithely accepted whatever pronouncement I threw at you.

I also, just love a good intellectual debate...
So, again, I apologize for the name-calling.
(extends hand to Froze Donkey Wheel to shake)

Also, sorry to everyone else to derailing the topic a bit.

Relatively "normal" service will resume shortly.

OT:
False, I have no clue what he's on about either.

The person below me likes Mass Effect.

TheDoctor455:
Giganto-snip

True, I love Mass Effect and...Wait, you didn't see Inception, either? What the hell is going on here?

Oh, and I feel I must address your massive statement with several, much smaller statements....But I won't, because this is Forum Games, the subject of the debate is a very simple issue (i.e., nothing to get worked up about) and I don't want to harsh any more mellows, so to speak.

*shakes hand*

Seriously, though. Did ANYONE here see Inception?

Anyway, the person below me has eaten dinner today.

PLEASE DELETE ME

False, I am about to eat dinner.

And... yeah, I saw Inception. It was awesome.

The person below me is female.

False.
The person below me lives under a rock, which is under another rock.

True, I live in a dorm.

The person below me didn't get that joke. (Even I didn't get that joke.)

False, I get the joke! You live in an underground dorm! *gets pelted by tomatoes.*
The person below me is a fan of twilight... *Hands the next person a sheild.* Just in case...

False. I disapprove of Twilight.

The person below does not have a VCR in their home.

False. My roommate's TV has a vcr.

(thanks for the shield commander, mind if I hang onto it?)

The person below me loves The Matrix Trilogy.

False, I've never seen the Matrix.

The person below won't proofread their reply for mistakes.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 739 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked