new fable trailer 2023 richard ayoade xbox games showcase playground games

New Fable Trailer Stars Richard Ayoade at Xbox Showcase

Xbox and Playground Games have finally released a new trailer for the Fable reboot at the Xbox Games Showcase, and it stars Richard Ayoade basically looking and talking like Richard Ayoade, which is admittedly a brilliant choice. The trailer appeared to just be a big long cinematic, with Ayoade giving a speech about how the age of heroes is basically over, but then suddenly a tiny woman appears in his house. Ayoade freaks out about it and eventually captures her, and it seems that the tiny woman might potentially be the protagonist.

Recommended Videos

There’s a lot we don’t know right now, and the lack of gameplay is pretty underwhelming. However, “Fable trailer starring Richard Ayoade” is still a powerful way to start off the Xbox Games Showcase. Here are the sparse details attached to its new trailer: “What does it mean to be a Hero? Well, in the fairytale land of Albion, that is entirely up to you. With a dark threat looming, and in a world where your reputation precedes you, your choices will change Albion forever.”

The Xbox Games Showcase proved to be a pretty strong event with some really promising titles across quite a spread of genres — but RPGs especially.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Want Massive Spotlight Hour Change After Bugged Trubbish Shiny Rates
Trubbish, the garbage Pokemon, from the animated Pokemon series
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Related Content
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Want Massive Spotlight Hour Change After Bugged Trubbish Shiny Rates
Trubbish, the garbage Pokemon, from the animated Pokemon series
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.