Publisher Sega and developer Creative Assembly have announced Total War: Pharaoh for PC via Steam and Epic Games Store, release date October 2023 - preorder standard deluxe dynasty edition

Total War: Pharaoh Launches in October, Set in Ancient Egypt

Publisher Sega and developer Creative Assembly have announced Total War: Pharaoh for PC via Steam and Epic Games Store, and it is available to preorder now ahead of a launch in October 2023. It takes Total War to Ancient Egypt “at the zenith of its power.” There are three bizarrely priced versions of the game, including a $59.99 standard release, a $72.87 Deluxe Edition that adds a digital soundtrack and “Faction Pack DLC 1,” and a $91.46 Dynasty Edition that includes the digital soundtrack, three separate Faction Packs, and “Campaign Pack DLC.” Further details of the DLC haven’t been provided yet.

Recommended Videos

The Total War: Pharaoh announcement trailer contains a cool cinematic sequence that showcases absolutely nothing whatsoever about the gameplay. Nonetheless, you can expect “dynamic real-time battles and incredible turn-based empire management,” where heavy rain, sandstorms, and sudden fires might literally turn the tide of battle. There is a choice of eight Faction Leaders to become Pharaoh, “Great King of the Hittites,” and you will have a diplomacy at your disposal if you don’t want to just slaughter everyone.

One more cool thing Pharaoh will be offering is a new Campaign Customization feature:

Determine how you play with an extended range of campaign customisation options, such as random starting positions for all factions, detailed resource settings, the ability to toy with natural disasters and much more. With an abundance of options, stack the odds against yourself for an added challenge or become an unmatched power to breeze your way to victory.

If you preorder Total War: Pharaoh, you will get an Avatar of the Gods Cosmetic Pack, Heart of the Shardana Cosmetic Pack, and an early access weekend for a date to be announced.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Read Article PSA: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Has a Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug
Screenshot of Lam in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Read Article Xbox & X-Men ’97 Are Teaming Up to Offer You a Custom Console & Controllers
X-Men '97 custom Xbox and controllers.
Related Content
Read Article Pokemon GO’s Wiglett Debut During Rediscover Kanto Event Excites & Confuses Fans
Photo of a beach scene with the Pokemon Wiglett popping out of the sand, with several question marks nearby
Read Article PSA: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes Has a Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug
Screenshot of Lam in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Read Article Xbox & X-Men ’97 Are Teaming Up to Offer You a Custom Console & Controllers
X-Men '97 custom Xbox and controllers.
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.