A Street Fighter 6 demo is live now on some platforms, and Year One DLC characters are revealed: Rashid, A.K.I., Ed, and Akuma.

Street Fighter 6 Showcase Reveals Demo & First 4 DLC Characters

The Street Fighter 6 Showcase has come and gone. And surprisingly, Lil Wayne was not in it much. There was a lot of information relayed. Details on World Tour, avatars, and accessibility options were some key highlights. In addition, the first four DLC characters were revealed for Street Fighter 6 Year One — Rashid, A.K.I., Ed, and Akuma — and a Street Fighter 6 demo is now up for PlayStation (PS4 and PS5) players.

Recommended Videos

Street Fighter 6 Demo Live Now & Rashid, A.K.I., Ed, and Akuma Introduced

Here is the showcase in full, in case you missed it:

There’s some cool stuff in there. I especially like the training options, as well as the ability to play Street Fighter II. Meanwhile, here are all of the highlights of the new single-player open-world World Tour mode, straight from Capcom:

• We showed off an all-new location in World Tour called Nayshall, a developing nation tucked away in a remote corner of Asia. You’ll meet iconic Masters and experience the world of Street Fighter with your own custom avatar as you hit the streets of Metro City, Nayshall, and other locations around the world in this new single-player story mode.
  • We introduced a number of RPG elements as well. You can consume items and food during battle or at eateries to recover Vitality, acquire buffs, or inflict debuffs. As you level up your avatar, you’ll earn Skill Points to spend on a Skill Tree to further customize your tailor-made move set.
  • Become a student of your favorite Masters – including all 18 launch characters – by Enrolling in their style and learning their Special Moves! Increase your bonds with Masters by giving them presents and completing Missions. Combine all of this to unlock new cutscenes as you form personal connections with these legendary fighters.

Of course, one of the main attractions was the reveal of the first batch of Street Fighter 6 DLC characters:

Rashid returns from Street Fighter V this summer. The brand new fighter A.K.I. makes her debut this fall. Ed from Street Fighter V comes back to the fray in the winter of 2024. And series mainstay Akuma brings his fists to the table in the spring of 2024. Hopefully, Ed will be less of an annoying jerk.

If you want to try out the various modes of Street Fighter 6 now, then there is a demo available:

If you are gaming on PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5, you can download the demo now. Players on Xbox Series X | S or PC will have access starting on April 26 at 12 a.m. PT. I always thought timed exclusivity was dumb, but to apply it to a demo takes it to another level of stupidity. Regardless, you can create a custom avatar in the demo that can transfer over to the full game upon release.

Street Fighter 6 will launch on June 2 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X | S, and PC.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Simu Liu Reassures Fans that Shang-Chi 2 Is Happening
Read Article Pokemon Sleep Fans Bid Farewell to Fourth Meal Thanks To Latest Update
Image of the Pokemon Sleep General Notices banner, with a textbox that says "No More Bonus Meals"
Read Article Fortnite Players Finally Found a Way to Get One Piece Into the Game
Sanji using Diable Jambe in One Piece.
Related Content
Read Article Simu Liu Reassures Fans that Shang-Chi 2 Is Happening
Read Article Pokemon Sleep Fans Bid Farewell to Fourth Meal Thanks To Latest Update
Image of the Pokemon Sleep General Notices banner, with a textbox that says "No More Bonus Meals"
Read Article Fortnite Players Finally Found a Way to Get One Piece Into the Game
Sanji using Diable Jambe in One Piece.
Author
Arthur Damian
Arthur Damian has been covering the video game industry for over ten years, and joined The Escapist in 2022. He is a huge fan of platformers, indies, and fighting games, and strives to cover them for The Escapist every chance he gets. Arthur received his Bachelor’s Degree in English from Brooklyn College in 2009. He is also the Editor-in-Chief over at That VideoGame Blog. When he isn’t writing, Arthur enjoys playing games on his Switch and PlayStation 5, and sings the praises of the greatest video game ever, Chrono Trigger, to anyone who will listen.