The City RP (Fantasy) {Open, Started} PM me your Character Sheets.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 19 NEXT

Story

A large city that engulfs a continent is at constant unrest. Wars between factions are common and due to its size, some don't even know the wars happen. The City is separated into many districts, but there is one specific district that is above all the rest. Upper District. It is where all of the rich live, Mages also live there and attends a large magic academy. To the rest of the city, Upper District is the definition of corruption. They don't care about the rest and lots of time abuses the other districts resources, and sometimes abandon them into conflict.

Factions have tried to rebel, but no one can against mages. Mages are an minority of the billions but are the strongest. To find a mage not in upper district is a rarity, but they do exist. In counter to this, there exists, Mage Hunters, their goal simple, capture mages outside upper and bring them to work in a district known as. Eren Douab, in an ancient language meaning, Death's Home.

In this world, death is common and nowhere is at true peace.

Info

This RP is non-linear, and you can start out anywhere you wish to. The City, is large and diverse, holding home to many different cultures, so get creative!

You can create your own faction, or join a predesigned one. If you create a faction, other players can join it, but only the one who create it can control its leader (unless your character is the leader.) or if that player allows the other player to do so.

This RP will have limited slots, and some things like Mages will be limited, as well as the number of factions that can be created. As we can't have everyone be in their own. Though this isn't final.

Other Info on the City

Map

http://www.picfront.org/d/82yQ

-Blue = Upper Class District
-Green = Middle Class District
-Yellow = Lower Class District
-Red = A location, look for the nearest name
-White = Parts of the city that are unknown to us
-Black = The walls surrounding The City or beaches, depending on the location
-Brown = Mountains
-Dark Blue = Oceans
-D.## = District ##

Limitations

- Not everyone can be a Mage. Some people will have to be normal human beings.
- Only race is Humans.
- No unlimited funds and food. The city is in war because of food and so, many districts don't have much. This will become a problem for most characters. As for money, it is also scarce, unless you work for a place, you won't have much. Though even then you won't have unlimited amount.
- When creating a faction, and somewhat of a culture if your character is part of their own special one, you must specificaly tell us all of their details and me and possibly a Co-GM will evaluate them.
- No Killing others.
- No god mode.
- Basic RP Rules
- Non-linear, so your character can technically do their own thing but I will do events that might or might not bring characters together.

Character Sheet - PM ME THEM! Since the RP has begun!

Name:
Looks: (Draw, pitcure, or describe)
Personality: (optional)
Faction: (are you in one?)
Bio:
Other Info:

OOC Group

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-City-RP

Accepted Characters

-Pyroguy86 - Damien Matthews

-Korten12 - Lorel Ion

-Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon - Kid

-Dragon_of_red - making new character...

ServebotFrank - Kain Whitestroke

RandomShinigami - Kurin Reynolds

Can I get a reserve?
This looks good.

TheDoctor455:
Can I get a reserve?
This looks good.

Sure you can, also I will be adding more info soon. :)

Korten12:

TheDoctor455:
Can I get a reserve?
This looks good.

If it helps... I'm also an aspiring writer.
It might help to bounce ideas around.

TheDoctor455:

Korten12:

TheDoctor455:
Can I get a reserve?
This looks good.

Thats good, hopefuly more people reserve and join. :D

Korten12:

TheDoctor455:

Korten12:

Thats good, hopefuly more people reserve and join. :D

Looks like one of them is right now

Sounds interesting. Reserve please.

added more info.

Not sure if I have the time to commit to this but I'll keep it in mind and follow the application progress to see who's joining and If I find that I have a good amount of time after my exams (the last one is the 31st) Then I'll submit a sheet if you'll still have me at that point...

Sounds interesting enough for me to ignore my dislike of Non-linear RPs...

One question though, do characters have to be part of a faction? What if they're indifferent or have simply given up or are too engrossed in staying alive to care?

I cast reserve! I'll get back to you on this one!

Tips_of_Fingers:
Not sure if I have the time to commit to this but I'll keep it in mind and follow the application progress to see who's joining and If I find that I have a good amount of time after my exams (the last one is the 31st) Then I'll submit a sheet if you'll still have me at that point...

Sounds interesting enough for me to ignore my dislike of Non-linear RPs...

One question though, do characters have to be part of a faction? What if they're indifferent or have simply given up or are too engrossed in staying alive to care?

No, characters don't have to be part of a faction. Like my character won't be part of one, at least he won't be in the start.

ThreeWords:
I cast reserve! I'll get back to you on this one!

get back! :D

[quote="Korten12" post="362.258492.9745721

No, characters don't have to be part of a faction. Like my character won't be part of one, at least he won't be in the start.

[/quote]

Awesome. I shall keep an eye on this. I apologise if I don't return in the next week or so but good luck anyway!

Tips_of_Fingers:
Awesome. I shall keep an eye on this. I apologise if I don't return in the next week or so but good luck anyway!

Thats fine, I don't think I will close sign ups when it starts.

What sort of technology is present in the city?

ninja555:
What sort of technology is present in the city?

its mixed, has a bit of electricity for lights, but mainly its like medieval-like.

I think I might join this. Can you reserve me a spot for now?

Xandus117:
I think I might join this. Can you reserve me a spot for now?

sure.

There may be some changes to this as well.

Please reserve me.

Er... Korten...
I think there might be a slight problem with my character sheet now...
I didn't realize this was a fantasy RP before...
My bio might throw that off a bit...
From the city's description...
I thought this was an Industrial Revolution era tech or something...

i don't know:
Please reserve me.

alrighty.

I will be reading all of the character submissions and be sure to join the user group.

nevermind

i don't know:

You do know this is a Medieval-style RP, right?

Didn't he say that it varied from place to place?

Xandus117:

i don't know:

EDIT: You know what, just to be safe I'll change it a little.

i don't know:

Xandus117:

i don't know:

Didn't he say that it varied from place to place?

The CULTURES vary from place to place but it's still medieval.

i don't know:
snip

only problem is the, Birth of the City part. The city has been around now for three thousand years. Besides that, its fine.

Korten12:

i don't know:
snip

only problem is the, Birth of the City part. The city has been around now for three thousand years. Besides that, its fine.

oh, I'll go change that now.

I'm in conflict about joining...
Heck, I'm gonna type up a sheet to pass the time as I've got loads to spare. I still may not join though...

So am I accepted or not?

I'd like to have a go at this if that's ok?
I've done some RPing before on dedicated sites, not to much on the Escapist though.
Can I get a rain-check on the character sheet? I have an idea or two that needs a bit of thought.
I'll have one up later on or tomorrow?
And Just a quick query on The City, were you by any chance inspired by the Black Magician Trilogy?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 19 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here