The Spirit of Chivalry: Started

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

The Spirit of Chivalry

Yeah, this looks like a lot of fun.

Only thing I'm not 100% on is the squadron info. Not sure if I'm going to need another member or what exactly is supposed to go under the Craft information.

Other than that, hope I'm accepted. This looks like a really exciting concept.

Link_to_Future:

Only thing I'm not 100% on is the squadron info. Not sure if I'm going to need another member or what exactly is supposed to go under the Craft information.

Other than that, hope I'm accepted. This looks like a really exciting concept.

The craft section is mostly a physical explanation of the kinds of ships your squadron flys. If you want this would be a good place to link a picture of a ship if you want. I'll be sure to edit the OP to clear up my language in that section.

reserve me please.

Reserve me as well. Additionally, I do not think it would be a good idea for a player to Captain the Chivalry, unless he was a Co-GM, seeing as the Captain would be the direct authority of the players, and the GM being indirect authority.

Anarchemitis:
Reserve me as well. Additionally, I do not think it would be a good idea for a player to Captain the Chivalry, unless he was a Co-GM, seeing as the Captain would be the direct authority of the players, and the GM being indirect authority.

I did think about this and for one thing I will make sure whoever is the Captain, I'll be in close contact with them. I'm not worried about them having direct control of the players, I will be sure that they don't micro-manage everyone and treat the other players like peons. But over all because they won't be in control of the environment and developments, then he'll be forced to react to things like all the other players, and I think it that should make for an interesting RP.

What the hey, I'll bite! Assassin squadron away! Sheets incoming!

Actually sorry man, scratch that, I'm still interested and I will if you have any drop-outs, but I cant join at this moment in time.

The Zango:
What the hey, I'll bite! Assassin squadron away! Sheets incoming!

Actually sorry man, scratch that, I'm still interested and I will if you have any drop-outs, but I cant join at this moment in time.

Damn, got me all excited. It's cool though, I understand, other RP's need attention, personal stuff limits posting time. If you change your mind just tell me.

As for everyone else who has posted interest or a reserve, I look forward to seeing your sheets.

I post two characters. One is my plan A, my application for candidacy for the role of Captain of the Chivalry.
The second is plan B, if my Captain application is rejected or superseded by another player.
Plan A

Plan B

Link_to_Future:

I see what you did therein.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
*Both has been modified.

Captainguy42:

The craft section is mostly a physical explanation of the kinds of ships your squadron flys. If you want this would be a good place to link a picture of a ship if you want. I'll be sure to edit the OP to clear up my language in that section.

Fixed. Hope that's up to snuff.

Anarchemitis:

Link_to_Future:

I see what you did therein.

I had a feeling someone would appreciate the reference. :P

Captainguy42:
Despite being so basic, a lot of care is place in ensure the survival pod will rarely malfunction, in fact the Federation boasts that less than 90% of survival pods malfunction due to non-damage related flaws.

That isn't very reassuring.
That isn't very reassuring.

Link_to_Future:

Top Speed: 1300 km/hr

Just for reference and to make it more awesome, space works on a different scale than in-atmosphere.
The Apollo Command and Service module en-route to the moon was six times faster than that.

Anarchemitis:

Just for reference and to make it more awesome, space works on a different scale than in-atmosphere.
The Apollo Command and Service module en-route to the moon was six times faster than that.

*shrug*

I literally just copied and pasted that speed from a wiki page. I'll push that speed up. In fact, I'll steal yours because I am completely unoriginal I'll borrow yours because I like the number.

Well mine is supposed to be faster, so I'll bump mine up. A mach is peanuts in space.

Anarchemitis:
Well mine is supposed to be faster, so I'll bump mine up. A mach is peanuts in space.

Mach is non-existent in space really, because sound can't travel at all in the vacuum.[/smartass]

Please excuse the quality of the image: Photoshop is not my forte.

Captainguy42:

Anarchemitis:

Mach is non-existent in space really, because sound can't travel at all in the vacuum.[/smartass]

It can, it just can't be detected.[/sciencier]

CounterAttack:

Note: All figures in the Dimensions entry can be subject to change, of course, at the GM's discretion.

It's not crazy important that you stick to completely realistic dimensions, this is a Sci-Fi RP, and as the saying goes "Sci Fi writers have no sense of scale." I'm actually going to tweak the dimensions of the Chivalry a bit so it will be a bit more reasonable as a carrier, I'm thinking I made it too small.

Crayzor:

I haven't put a squadron name, as it didn't really make sense to do so as the entire crew is on a single ship. Also, I haven't put the details of the ship type, as I was unsure on the scale of a corvette in comparison to either the Chivalry or other strike craft.

For Squadron name, put the name of the corvette itself, as mentioned above I'm going to mess around with the dimensions of the Chivalry a bit, but for now, assume your average Corvette is around 40-60 meters in length.

For reference, my fighters have almost the same bounding-box dimensions as a F-22 Raptor Fighter jet. (18x14x5m, 60x45x16ft)

Right, so the Chivalry has gone under the knife and gotten some enlargement surgery. It's now about a hundred and fifty meters longer, and about thirty meters wider, still the same height.

All right, there we go.

Here is another bomber unit, hope it is any good.
Also English isn't my first language and I got dyslexia. Just in case.

Alright I'm going to wait one more day to wait for anymore applicants before I finalize the character roster, so hang tight folks.

You know, I want to get back into the swing of the RP game. I would like to join this. However, I don't have a lot of time today to make a sheet. So, if I make a half finished sheet by tonight and finish it up tomorrow, would that be cool?

Broken Orange:
You know, I want to get back into the swing of the RP game. I would like to join this. However, I don't have a lot of time today to make a sheet. So, if I make a half finished sheet by tonight and finish it up tomorrow, would that be cool?

That's cool. I'm still waiting for some more applicants.

Does this mean I'll get the Captain position, since there's no competition?

Anarchemitis:

Oh, I might want to be a captain. So yeah, you won't have any competition.

Broken Orange:

Anarchemitis:

Oh, I might want to be a captain. So yeah, you won't have any competition.

Well it's cool if you'd be a different kind of Captain. I mean, not everyone likes a tight ship all the time. (Then again, my character won't be that two-dimensional.)

Woot, 10,000 posts.

I took a quick glimpse but I wasn't able to read it in its entirety. Can I get a reserve? I'll probably be able to get my sheet up later tonight.

I took a quick glimpse but I wasn't able to read it in its entirety. Can I get a reserve? I'll probably be able to get my sheet up later tonight.

Hows that?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked