Alpidal RP (Not the actual thread!)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Welcome to Alpidal

This is a science fiction RP, which I made from scratch.

Each character must have a class. There are a few basic categories: Combat, Recon, and Support. I organized them to make it a bit easier to follow.

I'm looking for about 4 to 5 characters (not including mine), so if the unlikely event occurs that I receive more applicants than that, I'll pick the best 5 sheets.

Scroll down the page to see applicants and their character sheets.

Looks like that you put a lot of work into this. I'll put a ad out on The RP Regulars. You might get a few hits off that.

Applicants So Far

Hmmm... I have room for another RP- And if it's this good, I'll make room dammit! I think I'll try being the Medic, for once.

EDIT: Just for the record, I saw this RP because of BO's 'ad' in the RP Regulars. Sheet will be up before Thursday.

Post Musings: What year is it now? I want to see if my character would experience the bombing and thus want to become a medic from the ensuing injuries and deaths he saw before him.

Xero Scythe:
Hmmm... I have room for another RP- And if it's this good, I'll make room dammit! I think I'll try being the Medic, for once.

EDIT: Just for the record, I saw this RP because of BO's 'ad' in the RP Regulars. Sheet will be up before Thursday.

Post Musings: What year is it now? I want to see if my character would experience the bombing and thus want to become a medic from the ensuing injuries and deaths he saw before him.

The date of the beginning of the squad's insertion into Alpidal is February 5, 2374. The bombing occurred only two days prior, so having your character experience the bombing isn't very feasible. There are various rebellions and uprisings on other colonies, so you could have your character be a victim of a different bombing. I do like how you're thinking, though.

Xero Scythe:

Yes, my life is complete! I can die a happy man.

(this doesn't have anything with a certain word that is similar to "push")

Looks awesome dude. : D

I'll take a reserve if thats ok, I'd like to be a medic.

Edit: Actually cancel that, seeing as Xero's is a really good medic one I'll be a scout instead.
Still I'd like you to respond before I make a sheet.

Alright, the sheet is finished! Here's hopin' I get in!

Xero Scythe:

My only complaint is that a pistol which can instantly kill whatever it points at is overpowered. If you're set on the railgun pistol, you can balance the weapon by making it difficult as hell to aim, having to recharge for fairly long periods of time, or having low amounts of ammo.

I like your bio, by the way.

IBlackKiteI:

Edit: Actually cancel that, seeing as Xero's is a really good medic one I'll be a scout instead.

I didn't realize you were waiting on me, sorry. And thanks for switching to scout, that will help a lot.

You officially have a reserve.

this is very interesting working on character sheet now

I like the sound of this. I'll start working on a sheet and hopefully get it up soon.

hope you like him and tell me anything you want me to change.
edit: I just realised that I forgot to add a grenade
edit: made the changes also he will most likely keep his helmet on because he thinks it just makes sense to protect your head while a potentially hostile environment, were the danger has the technology to nearly destroy an entire colony with a single bomb.

EDIT: just gave my guy a bullet proof laptop which attaches to his suit, in order to take notes about the experimental rounds and his new shotgun, as well as what ever caused the disaster(hope it's OK with you).

nuba km:

You also forgot to describe your character under the armor. Otherwise, I don't see any problems, except it's curiosity, not curiousness.

*nitpicks*

ultrachicken:

nuba km:

You also forgot to describe your character under the armor. Otherwise, I don't see any problems, except it's curiosity, not curiousness.

*nitpicks*

I'll change that, also I am dyslexic and I tried all the different spellings of curiosity but none revealed the true spelling, sorry.(I will put all my post through Microsoft office spell-check before posting)

nuba km:

ultrachicken:

nuba km:

*nitpicks*

I'll change that, also I am dyslexic and I tried all the different spellings of curiosity but none revealed the true spelling, sorry.(I will put all my post through Microsoft office spell-check before posting)

Your revision looks good. Adding your sheet to the OP.

ultrachicken:

nuba km:

ultrachicken:

*nitpicks*

I to have one question seeing as my character has developed a lot of the weapons for the IM if I can have some stories of how the guns got their nicknames (e.g. you rifle is called the surgeon because while making it they made jokes about it being so precise it could be used instead of a scalpel)?.

nuba km:

ultrachicken:

nuba km:

I to have one question seeing as my character has developed a lot of the weapons for the IM if I can have some stories of how the guns got their nicknames (e.g. you rifle is called the surgeon because while making it they made jokes about it being so precise it could be used instead of a scalpel)?.

Go ahead, but keep in mind that the IMs also get a lot of their weaponry and equipment from a company called Venis Industries. In fact, almost 80% of their supplies come from there. So don't go too crazy with the amount of guns that Jake was involved with, unless he has a past with Venis.

ultrachicken:

nuba km:

ultrachicken:

Go ahead, but keep in mind that the IMs also get a lot of their weaponry and equipment from a company called Venis Industries. In fact, almost 80% of their supplies come from there. So don't go too crazy with the amount of guns that Jake was involved with, unless he has a past with Venis.

OK, seeing as my character is involved for majority of the guns made by the IM which I presume is around 15% of the guns the IM uses (80% Venis 5% other smaller weapon manufactures) he would work on around 10% of the total guns meaning 1/10 used by the IM is that a fair amount or should it be less?

nuba km:

ultrachicken:

nuba km:

OK, seeing as my character is involved for majority of the guns made by the IM which I presume is around 15% of the guns the IM uses (80% Venis 5% other smaller weapon manufactures) he would work on around 10% of the total guns meaning 1/10 used by the IM is that a fair amount or should it be less?

That sounds good. And that's a good idea, by the way.

ultrachicken:

nuba km:

ultrachicken:

That sounds good. And that's a good idea, by the way.

great this makes me feel so happy almost like success kid:

Let me know if there are any changes that need to be made, or suggestions you have. I'll do my best to post again tonight. Thanks for the consideration.

shadowmagus:

Let me know if there are any changes that need to be made, or suggestions you have. I'll do my best to post again tonight. Thanks for the consideration.

This is a suggestion rather than a necessary change, which I think would benefit you more than anyone, but I'd recommend going with the X-Ray scope, as being able to pick out enemies from behind walls is an invaluable ability for a sniper. That's not to say that thermal won't come in handy either, I just think X-Ray would suit you better.

It's your choice, and nice sheet, very nice to see a sniper who doesn't fit the "strong, silent" archetype.

ultrachicken:

shadowmagus:

This is a suggestion rather than a necessary change, which I think would benefit you more than anyone, but I'd recommend going with the X-Ray scope, as being able to pick out enemies from behind walls is an invaluable ability for a sniper. That's not to say that thermal won't come in handy either, I just think X-Ray would suit you better.

It's your choice, and nice sheet, very nice to see a sniper who doesn't fit the "strong, silent" archetype.

That's probably a good idea. I went back and forth a little, but with your recommendation it's probably a good idea in the end. I'll go ahead and make the change. Thank you for the compliment too.

ThreeWords:

I'd like to make sure you understand that the armor isn't like Iron Man's, and is more like shitloads of kevlar than a robot suit. However, the servo-motors are acceptable.

The "Boy Scout" weapon seems a tad overpowered, with the ability to switch ammo types, and rate of fire. That basically makes it a hybrid of every available weapon. I was conflicted after reading your sheet; while I appreciate the creativity you put into the weapon, it also defies all the norms. I'll let you keep it if you change it so it's not a part of your armor, and add some restrictions to its versatility.

Otherwise, I like your sheet very much. Very unique.

ultrachicken:

Xero Scythe:
[spoiler=Character Sheet] 
Name: Damien Lier
Snipped

My only complaint is that a pistol which can instantly kill whatever it points at is overpowered. If you're set on the railgun pistol, you can balance the weapon by making it difficult as hell to aim, having to recharge for fairly long periods of time, or having low amounts of ammo.

I like your bio, by the way.

IBlackKiteI:

I didn't realize you were waiting on me, sorry. And thanks for switching to scout, that will help a lot.

You officially have a reserve.

ly have a reserve.[/quote]

Sorry, had to snip all that. Anyway, Railgun is now balanced.

Xero Scythe:
Sorry, had to snip all that. Anyway, Railgun is now balanced.

All right, that's okay. Just keep in mind that you will not be able to kill an opponent in heavy armor with one shot from the pistol.

EDIT: Unless, of course, you hit them in the visor/exposed vital spot.

Alrightaaaaay

Sorry about the length, kinda went crazy there : D
Lemme know if theres anything I need to change, particularly the no helmet and shoulder length hair bit.
I just wanted to sort of give the sense my character comes from a different world in a way, but its ok if it needs to be changed.

Edit: Visor thingy added.

IBlackKiteI:
Alrightaaaaay

Sorry about the length, kinda went crazy there : D
Lemme know if theres anything I need to change, particularly the no helmet and shoulder length hair bit.
I just wanted to sort of give the sense my character comes from a different world in a way, but its ok if it needs to be changed.

I suppose that shoulder length hair is okay seeing as your character comes from a different military than the IM, but you need to have some form of HUD and radio. You could have something in a similar vain as Garrus's eye piece if that sits well with you.

Otherwise, you're good to go.

EDIT: Perhaps add the helmet/visor/whatever you come up with as something that Alice begrudgingly accepts after EIC command insists that she wear one?

I figured an extra medic would be acceptable given that they're going directly into a disaster zone and it might be necessary to work with any humanitarian organisations in the area. Is that okay?

underscore_b:

I figured an extra medic would be acceptable given that they're going directly into a disaster zone and it might be necessary to work with any humanitarian organisations in the area. Is that okay?

The unit which the players will take part in has not met before this mission, so the most your character knows about the others is what's in their bio and equipment section. You should quickly edit your post, keeping that in mind.

You don't need to write specifically how many canisters of bio-gel you have, as keeping track of how many you've used and have left will become a nuisance, trust me. It will be assumed that medics have an infinite amount (same goes for bullets).

Medics aren't really equipped to perform surgery out in the field; that's what the medi-gel is for. So while it's perfectly fine to have a character who knows about surgery, having them practically equipped to do so at any time is improbable.

ultrachicken:
I suppose that shoulder length hair is okay seeing as your character comes from a different military than the IM, but you need to have some form of HUD and radio. You could have something in a similar vain as Garrus's eye piece if that sits well with you.

EDIT: Perhaps add the helmet/visor/whatever you come up with as something that Alice begrudgingly accepts after EIC command insists that she wear one?

Ok, visor thing added to sheet.

IBlackKiteI:

ultrachicken:

Ok, visor thing added to sheet.

*Scans sheet*

Looks good. Updating your sheet.

We are currently waiting for underscore_b and threewords to complete revisions, and then we can get this thing started. Though if they neither respond or complete their revisions by... say, 8:00 tomorrow, I'm going to start without them.

ultrachicken:
The unit which the players will take part in has not met before this mission, so the most your character knows about the others is what's in their bio and equipment section. You should quickly edit your post, keeping that in mind.

You don't need to write specifically how many canisters of bio-gel you have, as keeping track of how many you've used and have left will become a nuisance, trust me. It will be assumed that medics have an infinite amount (same goes for bullets).

Medics aren't really equipped to perform surgery out in the field; that's what the medi-gel is for. So while it's perfectly fine to have a character who knows about surgery, having them practically equipped to do so at any time is improbable.

Thanks for the heads-up; I wasn't seriously thinking of keeping track of canisters, just trying to get in the mood :)

I understand what you mean about equipment/trenchcoating but I was going by your outline in the op: "The Medic receives bio-gel, which can heal minor bullet and burn wounds (No regenerating lost limbs)." I figured if the bio-gel only works on surface wounds and the medic is basically an EMT with a gun, he'd need at least a bit of equipment for things like resetting bones and stabilising internal injuries until they can get to safety. They'd certainly pack anaesthetic and sterilizing spray at any rate.

I've rejigged the other things but if you insist I can certainly drop the additional equipment. Rest assured though I wouldn't be doing any "I retrieve all 23 bits of his mangled corpse and miraculously bring it back to life in the middle of an active firefight". :D

so? how exited is everyone else about this RP? Me very exited!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked