You know you've been on the Escapist too long when...

Pages PREV 1 . . . 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

When you have a hard time remembering why you signed up for the forums in the first place.

Neonbob:
When you have a hard time remembering why you signed up for the forums in the first place.

My account predates this version of the website, so technically I'm older than the forums. Shamefully, it is NOT a "Day 1" account, as it was created 48 days after launch.

But me too

When for me it was to tell someone the name of a Frank Zappa song.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

How about when you forget your login/password combo because it's been so long since you had to put them in yourself.

Haha I only remember my username/password because I keep a spreadsheet with every different one I have.

I'm old, son. Pen and paper.

When you can look back on your old posts and sigh in full awareness of how fucking cringe-worthy you sounded.

Neonbob:
When you can look back on your old posts and sigh in full awareness of how fucking cringe-worthy you sounded.

This in SPADES

Neonbob:

Then look at your more recent posts and nod sagely at how much of a misanthrope you've become... -_-

No? Just me?!

blue heartless:
I got 60 out of 101.

When your oldest viewable post is 8 years old.

Jesus.
Maybe when it takes more than twenty minutes to get to the first post you ever made?
Or in Red/Sass's cases, an hour.

Nevermind, it took me one click.
Holy hell there's been a shit ton of deleted stuff.
9 years for me! On a fucking PETA topic, even!

PETA? I love bread!

When you remember the assortment of webcomics that have passed through this place.

When you remember the days of derailing with Neon, Pimp and Goat.

When you have badges for watching "Unskippable" videos

but you skipped them

When you can recall more names of people who aren't here anymore than the newbies.

When your friendslist is full of people who haven't been here in yeeeeaaaaaarsssss.

when you haven't started a thread in

yeeeeaaaaaarsssss.

When you realise that the 404 pony looks like it has a mullet.

When you get a quote notification and consider it a novelty again because its been broken for half a year.

you haven't seen someone from your friends list online on the site in

yeeeeaaaarrrrssss!

When you can't remember when the magic faded from the site.

When you get called an asshole, a bully, and clingy just for using this website as intended.

The ABC's, if you will. badumtsh

You see that the mods closed the wild west.

When you remember the horrid management that put that place up in the first place.

When you can remember the MMO themed forum that was attached to this site as well.

When you see that people still talk about the Wild West

When you were here for long enough before the new forum that it felt weird to see it.

When your avatar is part of the cultural fabric of the site :P

When you get 502s and somehow your avatar is lost to time.

When you remember the last time the site had problems, there was a Kross to blame.

When you see it breaking again.

When you treat every post like your last.

When you actually have your avatar saved in a folder on your desktop in case of emergency.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here