Pokemon RP interest Forum Johto Team League

This is the next step in Pokemon battles. Teams of 3 people will be competing in the Johto Pokemon League this year. All Gym Leaders will be fighting alongside their 2 top students against any challengers in any way they see fit three 1 on 1 battles, 2 on 2 and 1 on 1 or even a 3 on 3 battle. Registration for this new League ends on the 28th of February.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok so this RP will be set about 10 years after the games so all 5 generations of pokemon have migrated everywhere. I'm relatively new to GMing RPs so anyone who wants to help GM this is fine to help. I am looking for 5 people to join me on this RP and make 2 teams of 3 people, as it said above I will be accepting lists until the 28th of February. If you want to play please continue posting and tell me when you are going so the story can continue and not die people who don't post will find their character in dangerous circumstances.

Rules

Since this will be a more mature RP I will allow mild romance and aggression but please try to not go over the top with it as this can spoil it for everyone. Godmodding is also a inadvisable thing to do as it again can ruin an RP. The usual Italics for thoughts and spoiler brackets for anything OOCwise.

Sheets

{Edit Note}:
*facepalm* at the February date thank you Crayzor

love pokemon only 9 days till black and white! (or 11 for Americans)

also should we sent you a list of pokemon we like to catch or to we just pick from the ones that come along?

EDIT: I have added my home town after my friend pointed out I forgot it.

Got other thinks to do at the moment. I will make a sheet tomorrow morning.

First of all the english names have come out for generation 5 Tesshido in english is Ferroseed http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml is where you can find this. Secondly because of the integrated pokemon you will be picking from the ones that come along i suppose but don't worry it would be very unlikely that you wont see a pokemon, if you really want a pokemon i suppose you could post me and I could sort it out but thats only if it's your super 100% favourite or if I'm feeling nice.

February ends on the 28th, not the 31st. Also, I'll put a sheet up soon.

armcheesus:
First of all the english names have come out for generation 5 Tesshido in english is Ferroseed http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml is where you can find this. Secondly because of the integrated pokemon you will be picking from the ones that come along i suppose but don't worry it would be very unlikely that you wont see a pokemon, if you really want a pokemon i suppose you could post me and I could sort it out but thats only if it's your super 100% favourite or if I'm feeling nice.

1st that actually is only a fan guess what his English name will be unlike bulbapedia serebii takes fan guesses for it's information but bulbapedia only takes official sources but if you want I'll refer to him as ferroseed
2nd OK there's non which I am dying to want to use.

nuba km:
unlike bulbapedia serebii takes fan guesses for it's information but bulbapedia only takes official sources

Do you have a reliable source for that information?

CounterAttack:

nuba km:
unlike bulbapedia serebii takes fan guesses for it's information but bulbapedia only takes official sources

Do you have a reliable source for that information?

Apologies for jumping into someone-elses dicussion but as a Bulbapedia editor I can confirm that it is Bulbapedia policy to only use information from official sources, the following quote can be found on the front page:

Note that all Bulbapedia's information must come from official sources - not other fansites (i.e. the Black and White species names from the leaked list are not yet official).

JoJoDeathunter:

Apologies for jumping into someone-elses dicussion but as a Bulbapedia editor I can confirm that it is Bulbapedia policy to only use information from official sources, the following quote can be found on the front page:

Note that all Bulbapedia's information must come from official sources - not other fansites (i.e. the Black and White species names from the leaked list are not yet official).

Never knew we had you guys around here. You will probably get pestered by a lot of pokemon fans now asking you stuff about Black and White.

Also here is my sheet. A bit later than I wanted, but learning about plants is freaking irritating.

Shanaar:
snip

We get everywhere, and yes, you wouldn't believe the rush we get around release dates, when HGSS were coming out the servers crashed about 50% you tried to load a page. Luckily I think we've upgraded since then.

OT: Since I've posted twice in this thread I guess I should confirm that as much as I am a pokemon and RP fanboy, for some reason pokemon RP's have never really interested me, so I won't be joining this. Good luck though!

JoJoDeathunter:

I was thinking more in terms of nuba km saying that Serebii was taking fan-based guesses for acceptable information. I already knew about Bulbapedia and its policies, having visited there a few times when I couldn't find what I wanted on Serebii, which I use more often due to its quick loading times.

Edit: Considering that I have also posted here more than once, I will also respectfully decline the unspoken offer to join the RP. I am here to question nuba's insight and get the facts straight. He needs to answer my question, and provide a reliable source that states that Serebii will accept doubtable information from fans, preferably from one of the people in charge of the Serebii website.

Should nuba do so, I am willing to accept this information provided that it is reliable and trustworthy. If not... then that's his problem.

CounterAttack:

JoJoDeathunter:

I was thinking more in terms of nuba km saying that Serebii was taking fan-based guesses for acceptable information. I already knew about Bulbapedia and its policies, having visited there a few times when I couldn't find what I wanted on Serebii, which I use more often due to its quick loading times.

well serebii is apparently taking leaked info but leaked info also said the grass starter would be grass/dragon the water starter would be water/fighting and the fire starter would be fire/dark well guess what that was incorrect information.

nuba km:
well serebii is apparently taking leaked info but leaked info also said the grass starter would be grass/dragon the water starter would be water/fighting and the fire starter would be fire/dark well guess what that was incorrect information.

The question stands. Is there a reliable source for what you're saying? I'm not interested in what you specifically have to say, I'm looking for an answer from a different website.

CounterAttack:

nuba km:

The question stands. Is there a reliable source for what you're saying? I'm not interested in what you specifically have to say, I'm looking for an answer from a different website.

well bulbepedia is where I got the info that Serebii is using leaked info and they haven't been wrong so far from what I know and again bulbepedia hasn't got official info about whether that list is true or not.

nuba km:
well bulbepedia is where I got the info that Serebii is using leaked info and they haven't been wrong so far from what I know and again bulbepedia hasn't got official info about whether that list is true or not.

Okay, so do you have a link to a page that can tell me this? If not, then you're becoming less believable as this conversation goes on.

CounterAttack:

nuba km:

Okay, so do you have a link to a page that can tell me this? If not, then you're becoming less believable as this conversation goes on.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page
at the top of the main page so if the name isn't on bulbapedia chances it's not official.

nuba km:
at the top of the main page so if the name isn't on bulbapedia chances it's not official.

That's not what I've been looking for. Do you have a source that can tell me that Serebii is accepting incorrect information and publishing it as fact?

CounterAttack:

nuba km:

That's not what I've been looking for. Do you have a source that can tell me that Serebii is accepting incorrect information and publishing it as fact?

EDIT: also I said that serebii didn't have officail pokemon names so me proving they are lying has nothing to do with my point as I already have proven that the names are not officail

nuba km:
well not a source but I can proof it through logic
1. only some names have OFFICIALLY been given
2. serebii claims to have all the pokemon names because they were revealed (even though it's leaked info with no evidence behind it)
3. by those two facts serebii is showing incorrect info as fact

How do you know that the information was leaked without evidence? This is still not what I'm after.

nuba km:
EDIT: also I said that serebii didn't have officail pokemon names so me proving they are lying has nothing to do with my point as I already have proven that the names are not officail

You haven't proven it because you haven't given me proof beyond your word. Evidently I don't trust your statements, so I've asked for a source besides yourself.

If you don't have a source that can back up your statements, then I'm finished here. Enjoy the rest of your day. Or night, I don't know your time zone.

@armcheesus: I won't bother you any more. Sorry if this should have been taken to PMs.

Cool. Here's my character:

To everyone with a sheet up well done the are some really quite impressive sheets. Here is my sheet just because i had nothing better to do today sorry if it's a bit long although I don't know why I am apologizing.

Ok because of lack of interest I am extending the start date till the 10th of March

armcheesus:
Ok because of lack of interest I am extending the start date till the 10th of March

You could join the 'RP regulars' group they will properly be interested if you mention it in the chat and provide a link.

Might I? Yes, I think I might.

Give me a day.

Is nobody going to kick this off? Or are we just going to wait for more sheets?

Well there are only 4 sheets including mine plus 2 people saying they will put sheets up at the moment and I will kick off if I get those sheets or another 2 sheets in.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked